** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Football, football and nothing but football!!!

DJ

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!!

Absolutely loving it! Soon as I saw him jump in to Makelele I knew he would be carded! So that's £100 profit for the night!!! :D Totally made up about it!! Mate was gutted' date=' he had Scholes to be booked first, was it not for his wound then I'm sure Scholes would have been but instead Makelele got the first card and then Scholes so think mate missed out.[/quote'] Nice one mate! :nana Now discipline and patience is key! :ok

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely loving it! Soon as I saw him jump in to Makelele I knew he would be carded! So that's £100 profit for the night!!! :D Totally made up about it!! Mate was gutted' date=' he had Scholes to be booked first, was it not for his wound then I'm sure Scholes would have been but instead Makelele got the first card and then Scholes so think mate missed out.[/quote'] well done mate , some bottle :lol

well done mate ' date= some bottle :lol
Thanks, as people always say, you have to back big sometimes or you'll never win big. This season I haven't kept track of my winnings but I would say that overall I've done ok. I've won over £100 tonight, £160ish weekend before last, £600 some other time in the season and around £103 off a 15p bet so it's been ok! Thinking I will take out the £100ish and leave the £50 to play with, always the original idea. Wanted to start with £50 and work it from there and the extra on top of the £50 that I have taken out is just a little bonus. :)

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Any idea what to do with Betfair about withdrawing money on to a card? I've just reached the withdrawal limit on one card, because I need to start making withdrawals on two other cards. One of those cards is my credit card that I no longer use, as the balance has been cleared. The second card is my old debit card... so hmmmm

Hi DJ, you need to ring Betfair up and ask them to remove the cards you no longer use - tell them you no longer have them and they should sort it out for you. rockymog
Thanks, will give it a try! :ok

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Hating how I know nothing about tennis or horse racing and so I haven't really been able to make anything lately. :sad Also have decided to try to give up roulette. I looked at my profits and losses from the middle of April til now and though I'm over £200 up, I would have done even better I think if I hadn't played roulette.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! To prove how little I know horse racing, I used some of my outside money to lay Seventh Calvary at 3:30 Newmarket to place.... the odds came in and now it's one of the favourites... typical!!!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! And it finished 3rd...and so I won as it was only the first two to be placed! :nana Only won £4 and not part of the Glory Hunt but simply amazed that it came off!! I'm just kinda eager for more football to be played soon so that I can actually make money on stuff I know about!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Ok... so back to the Glory Hunt.... tomorrow I'm going to make an effort, starting from £10 to double the amount every day, seeing if I can keep this going over a week or so. If I get to the week then I will be from £10 to over £1000. I'm going to either choose one bet a day or a series of bets that will double my money. If I going over double then any excess will be banked. As I said I'm prepared to give this a good go and by having choice over how many bets and what bets I select then I will aim to go for bets that feel right to me.. whether that's football, tennis, horses whatever, just as long as I can aim to achieve my target on a daily basis. I will post my bets on here tomorrow, early as I can... or immediately after in the case of taking prices for live events. Again if I lock in profit by laying or backing before the event is over then I will mention this here. If I get to the 7 day mark then I will be looking to keep going... hopefully the drip from over exceeding the double will be sufficient that whatever happens I will do well from the Glory Hunt... here's hoping!!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! £10 on Davydenko to beat Juan Monaco @ 1.19 Watched Juan Monaco's game yesterday and he seemed to make a big meal out of it! Think Davydenko will win here and though the odds are lowish, I'm still prepared to take the risk.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Now Davydenko is doing his best to throw away set 2! The odds that I backed at were 1.19, the odds he's now at are 1.59 but in truth, he has only just lost one service game of the second set. Providing that there is nothing else happening then I'm sure he can break back and still take the second set or at worst the third set.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Somehow Monaco is now favourite, in spite of being set down, get the feeling that something a miss is happening whether it's an injury or something else?

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! I had hoped to know where I stood with this one before heading off to see the football. Wanted to make a second bet of the play-off final but as it is, I will just go watch, come back and hope in my absence Davydenko gets the job done!!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! That bet came off... leaving me with profit of £1.80...taking my daily total to £11.80 So that now goes on 'less than 4.5 goals' in Rangers v Queen of South @ 1.24 £11.80 @ 1.24 - potential profit £2.69/potential loss £11.80

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! With 2 goals from Queen of the South within 3 minutes the writing appears on the wall for this glory hunt. Not looking good at all and really can't see the game finishing 2-2 sadly. Will have to reconsider things and have a go again with it another time. Least I've only overall lost profit but hey, even profit noone likes losing.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! :@:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall Well that didn't take too long to pick me a loser!! 3 goals inside 20 second half minutes and this bet has lost on it's first day! In a way I'm glad it's only £10 that I'm losing but still frustrating!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! 0-0 at half time, just hoping for a quiet second half so I can get a large chunk of my loss back from earlier! The game seemed to be one of those that wouldn't generate many goals and yet there was 12 corners in the first half!!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Really starting to hate second halves!! 0-0 at half time and again within 20 minutes of the restart there has been 2 goals!! Switzerland now beating Slovakia 2-0! Had thought about laying off earlier but now I have no choice but to run with this and hope that that is the last of the scoring. If not then I might need to give this stop this Glory Hunt as clearly it's not been the most successful.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Had disappeared to have my dinner with the parents, so couldn't lay and thankfully the game ended 2-0 to the Swiss and so my bet won! :D

Yup.. 2-0 FT' date=' as mentioned elsewhere today, a win's a win, however close![/quote'] Yeah! :loon :lol Seems to be a day of close run betting events! Still down a few £ and want to claw it back asap but cheers, was good to get a winner and get off the losing streak! :)

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Germany v Belarus... at the moment my thread is almost becoming bets that I have taken on, instead of a glory hunt, this will be rectified in the very near future. For now... I have taken Germany to win with a 3 goal cushion @ 2.17 and layed no hattrick @ 1.1 Germany's starting 11 for this game appears to be very strong; Lehmann, Lahm, Mertesacker, Metzelder, Hitzlsperger, Odonkor, Frings, Ballack, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Podolski I would think that Germany would run home with a very good win against a poor Belarus side, even if this game is just a friendly. I have backed both bets with the same amount of money, which means that if one comes off I win. If the hat-trick bet comes off then I would think that I would win both to a very nice profit!!