** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Football, football and nothing but football!!!

DJ

Ok, this afternoon I won £50 on one of those Indiana Jones scratchcards! :eek :loon Was one of those cards where the first line I scratched off won me £20... the next line was a winner 2, in fact all 8 of the lines were! Shame that £20 was the highest value won but still £50 is a good scratchcard win and I was happy! :nana I've now decided that I'm going to try to double this £50 first off. Once I have doubled the £50, I will bank the original £50 and then try to see exactly how far I can go with the new one. I have no idea about banking plans yet, only that I know somehow I need to make as much money as possible, as quickly as I can in order that I can afford to 'be happy'. Being happy constitutes being able to fulfil a personal aim that I want to do, that I need a good few £thousand for. A hell of a lot of cash but sometimes it just has to be chased down!! At the moment I have no real staking plan as part of me thinks... times the original stake by 10, 4 times and I will have £500,000 which would be good! But yes, of course I know multiplying the original sum by 10 times ...and... having the nerve to put on higher amounts at that value will be extremely hard but trust me... I have extreme motivation! So will post from now on the bets that I decide to make and let you know exactly how far I can push this thing!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! I know! Would likely be a few accas, instead of straight singles though. At the moment I'm contemplating an alternative strategy of 14 even value bets. If I could pull that off then that accumulated would be nearer £400k, I think. This could be a dreamers bet but hey, if it burns then at least it will be a dreamers bet financed by the winnings of a scratchcard; better that than those people that take out £thousands in debt and then lose it all.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!!

Good luck mate! I like the story behind this one... just see how much you can make from the initial £1/£2 price of the scratchcard! :ok
Thanks mate! :) If I win the few hundred thousand £ then I might write a book about it! Definitely have a few stories that led me to making this happen, a few shady characters, a city not paved with gold but that could make me a lot happier and hey... read the rest in the book 'if' I win! ;)

Make sure you remember to mention all the good people on the PL that gave you support.:ok Good Luck.
:lol Yeah, yeah, you'll get a mention... tell you what, if it happens and the book is written, the front cover will be an artistic display of all the people that wish me good luck! The credits page will say thanks to each person individually and the back photo will have a photo of every one of the individuals involved, therefore classifying the book as a horror. ;)

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! First bet... Feel nervous about this one as it could be the one that breaks straight away. I'm going for £10 on Van Nistelrooy to score any time against Levante @ 1.63 Potential profit for the bet is £6.30

First bet... Feel nervous about this one as it could be the one that breaks straight away. I'm going for £10 on Van Nistelrooy to score any time against Levante @ 1.63 Potential profit for the bet is £6.30
Just to add that after commission this would return £5.98

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Thanks to Guy Fawkes and Mr Intensity for their good luck messages! Van Nistelrooy duly obliged against a team who appear to be playing to lose every game right now due to the financial state of the club! So £10 bet returns profit of £5.99. Thinking about whether to let the winnings go back in to bank at first until I get the original £50 covered and then go on from there... any suggestions? Just that way whatever I bank, my potential losses are reduced and then when I have banked the £50, comes the stage of just pushing it!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Thanks, I'm just gutted that club football season is over. Can't really afford to wait until August to get the winners in the bag so I might have to start working on tennis bets again. Might involve myself in some Betfair trading too, if I find any good opportunities. Whatever happens I'm going to do my best to earn enough within the next few weeks, one way or another!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! That was matched at 1.14 - leaving me with potential profit of £2.11 should this prove to be successful. I'm really just trying to hit the target as quickly as possible, should this backfire then that will really just be my own fault.

Thanks' date=' I'm just gutted that club football season is over. Can't really afford to wait until August to get the winners in the bag so I might have to start working on tennis bets again. Might involve myself in some Betfair trading too, if I find any good opportunities. Whatever happens I'm going to do my best to earn enough within the next few weeks, one way or another![/quote'] Club football season over?? Yeah most leagues in Europe are winding down, but the Irish league is only 10 games in, Japanese is only 12 games in, USA is only 8 games in, the mighty Brazilian Campeonato Brasileiro is only just started, Columbian league is only half way through, theres still plenty of football, if you know where to look :lol Anyway mate, best of luck to ya, and good start :ok

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Thanks! But I have no idea on any of those leagues that you said about! So I think I would be wasting my time and money throwing big bets on to those games. For me I may as well go and bet on horses than try and get winners out of those games! Good thinking though and yeah, I was wrong that club football is over, I guess I should have said European club football.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Bet 2 was won as the game ended 2-0 to Villarreal! So that's £8.01 profit for tonight. I took the under 2.5 goals bet as I've seen this work successfully in other glory hunts. Now somehow I would like to make around £1.99 profit so I can close the day on £10 up and with a 20% profit for the day. At the moment this glory hunt seems to be devoid of any real routine or structure other than the fact that I'm aiming to make winning bets and try and keep up this for as long as possible, hoping to get to a few hundred thousand pounds and to see if it is possible. I will not throw money at events that I'm unsure of or do not have sufficient information for. In that way the bets will be structured but the rest of the time it is just about picking bets to try and make my target. Think I'm going to use the £10 + whatever I make profits on it and keep using it until such time as I get to £60 - whereby I have that £50 to bank - or I lose and then start using another £10. I think that would be a good way to try and stay controlled until I have my money back in account and then anything I play with will be pure profits from this Glory Hunt. That sound like a fair idea to people?

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Seen that Betfair are offering 1.47 that Independiente v River Plate ends in a draw. According to livescore.com the game is 88 minutes through so that looks like a good bet with the timescale but think I will leave it be. Can't understand why the odds are so high when the game is almost done.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Just looked at tomorrow's football fixtures and I'm starting to worry! 4 games in play that offer little value or promise in: Honved v Vasas, Ham-Kam v Stromgodset, Greece v Cyprus and St Mirren v Rangers... the first three I don't know so much about, other than thinking Greece v Cyprus is likely to be a tight game with few goals and St Mirren v Rangers ought to be a win for the Rangers.

Seen that Betfair are offering 1.47 that Independiente v River Plate ends in a draw. According to livescore.com the game is 88 minutes through so that looks like a good bet with the timescale but think I will leave it be. Can't understand why the odds are so high when the game is almost done.
I'd always be very careful with that, livescore won't take into account any delay or maybe a lot of injury time to be added. In that sort of thing I'd always assume the Betfair market is more accurate than livescore.com.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! I use Futbol24.com for my live scores for a few reasons:

• If there is a delay or whatever, they reflect it in the timings for the match/es in question.
  • They are probably the quickest I've found (other than watching live on TV) in terms of goal updates.
  • You can select to view only certain leagues, and can select to play a sound when a goal is scored!

I have found quite a few times in the past that South American games do tend to get delayed in either starting, or beginning the 2nd half.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Well in a crazed moment of madness, I might have just shot this Glory Hunt in the foot! I put the whole of my £50 on Paul Scholes to be booked in tonight's final against Chelsea @ 3.3. As I said at the start of this thread, the £50 was only scratchcard winnings and hell, going to make tonight's game interesting but this thread could be over within 2 pages if Scholes behaves himself or if the ref is particularly lenient tonight. If Scholes does get booked tonight then that popping sound is the sound of my champagne cork and this thread getting the shot of adrenaline which could see it start to become really successful for the future!!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Absolutely loving it! Soon as I saw him jump in to Makelele I knew he would be carded! So that's £100 profit for the night!!! :D Totally made up about it!! Mate was gutted, he had Scholes to be booked first, was it not for his wound then I'm sure Scholes would have been but instead Makelele got the first card and then Scholes so think mate missed out.