** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Football, football and nothing but football!!!

DJ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! :spank:spank I will never back on International friendlies again! Germany were winning 2-0 inside 20 minutes and so I thought I had a good chance but nope... half time and still no more goals... 61 minutes in and Belarus pull the score back to 2-1... unless 2 late goals by Germany, it's another loss. :wall Think I'm going to abandon this Glory Hunt until I get some more concrete plan of what I'm going to back, instead of just going for anything. My ambition and the reasons for starting this thread have changed and so my betting has also reflected that. Although I will keep this thread, the next post will be the first post of my next glory hunt. Until that point good luck to everyone else who is running glory hunts.

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Ok, still playing with profit generated by Paul Scholes' yellow card in the Champions League final. I've decided to start with £10 and try to increase that £10 by 25% every day for the next 21 days. I go on holiday on 21st June and so by continually increasing the bank by that amount on a daily basis, by 18th June, according to my calculations I should have just shy of £1100. That figure is a big figure considering that I'm only starting with £10 bank. I will just keep going for it irrespectively and unlikely to bank as I started with winners and I have a target figure. If I fall slightly short on one day I'm not going to go worrying majorly about it as as long as I end up with £500+ by the end of the 20 days then that would be enough spending money, would just mean that I wouldn't be able to shop with the winnings for some stuff. The 25% will either be a single or a series of small bets that provide the same end result. Whatever happens, I'm losing profit and not my own money... the first bet will appear here later today! :hope

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Not only did it take the whole afternoon to play out but Karlovic lost in 5 of the most tense sets that I've had the chance to watch a scoreboard for!!

Re: From £50 to however far I can take it!! Dj's NO Tennis or Horse Racing Glory Hunt just FOOTBALL Decided that I've been stung too many times on tennis, including the Karlovic loss and that I know nothing at all about horses, well other than the 4 legs bit, so decided to go for a purely football glory hunt starting from tomorrow Friday 30th May and going on until the 15th June - around about 2 weeks... I won't set daily targets or specific football bets, I will just back what I am happy with. I may choose to lay the bets but if I do, I will post them here. I am still playing with profit from the Scholes yellow card... have around £70 left and have withdrawn most of the rest of the funds. I will start with a bank of £10, Mr Accumulator has already shown how quickly this can develop. I will just try and do what I can and hope that this time I get a bit more luck than elsewhere in the thread. I am hoping that as it's football, I will have more knowledge and so more likely to use good judgement to make the right picks.

Re: Football, football and nothing but football!!! Get the feeling now that a safer bet would have been on the U2.5 goals market as I don't think there will be many, if any, goals and the odds were better for that than the Czech win. Fingers crossed still that this one will win, if it does not then I'm thinking a of a new thread entitled 'goals, goals or maybe no goals' ... in which I concentrate on market trading the goals market.

Re: Football, football and nothing but football!!! :nana:nana Bet 1 - Czech Republic v Scotland - Czech Republic to win - £10 @ 1.6 WINNER!!! :loon Czech Republic leave it to the second half but wow, they looked better without Koller! Fast, quick passing and if it wasn't for Craig Gordon then they could have scored more than the 3. Good goal by Clarkson on his debut for the Scots, controlling and then spinning to finish as a consolation for the Scots. So with bet 1 being a winner, bank now stands at £15.70 :beer

Re: Football, football and nothing but football!!! Bet 2 survived a late scare in which Germany turned the game on its head and won 2-1, to win! :D So that's 2 bets in 86.8% profit on the original stake and still going! Bet 1 - Czech Republic to win - £10 @ 1.6 = £15.70 Bet 2 - 55 mins in Germany 0 - 1 Serbia Under 3.5 goals £15.70 @ 1.2 = £18.68

Re: Football, football and nothing but football!!! I have decided to stop this Glory Hunt from a public perspective. I am likely to be taking bets live in-play and if I need to do a screenshot every time that I make a bet, then edit it, then host it to imageshack or something similar, then copy the url and then paste it in here then it's a bit too long winded for my liking. :sad The glory hunt was a bit of fun for me and it seems a bit silly that it's so scrutinized that screenshots are needed to reflect each bet. If that's the case then glory hunts aren't for me. I will watch others with interest, wish you all the best but that's as far as it will go.