** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Stratford 20/4/08

4.10 - Looking for a horse that handles a bit of cut in the ground here as the going is soft, heavy in places. Share My Dream (14/1) caught my eye at a big price. It handles the ground, can last the distance and has won for today's jockey. The reason the price is so big is probably because its good recent form has come in selling and claiming company when it has recorded form of 131. Perhaps its best bit of form in a handicap was a 3rd at Newton Abbot last August when it was beaten by just under a length. It was rated 95 that day and runs off 105 here. However, Harry Skelton claims 7 lb today to make the different in rating not as large as first thought. Admittedly, Share My Dream was 15 lengths (6/12) off the winner when it ran off 96 (with Skelton claiming 5 lb) after that Newton Abbot run, so it won't be a selection I'm going crazy about, but it is tempting at the price if it can carry its recent form in lesser company back into a handicap here. Overbranch handles the ground and has recorded a hat-trick of novices hurdles, whilst Arctic Magic has ran respectably against better opponents than faced here - another reason why I'm keeping stakes small on Share My Dream.

Re: Stratford 20/4/08 4.40 - You do the Math - dropping down in class here, handles the ground, has won over the distance and has been in good form this year, scoring in a handicap chase at Plumpton and then adding a further victory to his name at Sandown. It finished 2nd LTO but even though it made a few mistakes during that race it kept on at the end and didn't cave in. (9/4 Paddypower).

Stratford - 20/4/2008 Can't see a Stratford thread :unsure 5-10 Stratford - Blue Buster - each way This race has cut up badly because of the going. From what I can see, only three of those left in will like the soft ground. These are Sharp Dresser, Stravara and Blue Buster. Sharp Dresser has the best credentials that's why he's favourite, but loathe as I am to tip an Easterby runner, I had a look at Blue Busters track appearances. 4 at Kelso, and 1 each at Ayr, Sedgefield, Carlisle, Musselburgh, Catterick, Aintree and Market Rasen. I consider Market Rasen a trip 'south' and the horse was well backed to 11/4 favourite that day, but caught a tartar when behind a 20/1 winner trained by Henry Daly, and the gamble came unstuck. I also consider Stratford a trip 'south' and will have an each way bet as only three should enjoy the ground, and he's the biggest price of the three at about 12/1.