** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Fintron's Flat Thread

As a newcomer to PL I may be running before I can walk here but I thought after a good couple of days I'd try my hand with my own thread. I'm going to start with a betting bank of 100 pts and take it from there. My bets will mostly be from the all-weather, but increasingly from the turf too now that the flat season has recently kicked off. Is it acceptable to quote prices I have taken (Bet 365 BOG) or is it commonplace on here to quote SP? I picked these out last night so they can be the starting bets to open the thread, I don't expect to pick so many in future days though. Windsor 3.00 – Home – has done well when upped to 10-11f on last two runs with a 1st and a 1.25 length 2nd in a couple of all-weather claimers. Runs in another claimer here today and runs off a 2lb lower turf mark. Home has run on the turf previously and has placed a couple of times on good-soft ground. Importantly, it gets on well with today’s jockey Cosgrave. 4.00 – After the Show – there are a couple in here that have been given a chance by the handicapper but the one I’m on is bottom weight After the Show who bids for the hat-trick with Chris Catlin. The selection showed it acts on the ground with a comfortable victory at Warwick on good-soft ground and then followed that up with a length victory at Southwell LTO when it defied a 6lb penalty. Although it has been raised 10 lbs in the handicap since its last turf win at was beaten by only a s.h. off 75 at Newmarket earlier in its career to suggest it could still run well off this mark. 5.00 – Proud Killer EW – any further rain would not be a worry for this one, that is a much better turf horse than an AW horse. A recent outing at Folkestone will have blown away the cobwebs and Eddie Ahern looks to make it 2/2 after last partnering him to victory almost two years ago. The trip is no problem and it runs off the same mark as LTO when beaten by 2 lengths but clear of third. Wolverhampton 2.20 – Machinate – has to enter calculations in this type of event after scooping a handicap LTO off 63. Ashley Hamblett takes off 3 lb here and in my opinion is well worth that having ridden me a couple of winners (Dodaa and Straight Face) in the past fortnight. Machinate is a four time CD winner and is fancied to go well again. 3.20 – I may regret this decision but I’m ditching Straight Face, who I have followed on each of his last few runs, in favour of Russel Kennemore’s Cap St Jean. Straight Face has been most effective when he has made all, yet Spencer seems hell bent on holding back and delivering his horses late – often when they have far too much to do. Cap St Jean has solid claims of his own though and was only beaten by 0.5 lengths LTO here when was well backed into 4/1 from 7/1 and when it had Mineral Rights and Cabourg behind. Cap St Jean has only been raised 1 lb in the handicap since that run just over a month ago but seems to go well for Kennemore here. 4.50 – Ermine Grey – goes really well over course and distance with four 2nd placed efforts from its last four attempts. Those defeats have been minimal too – the greatest of which was 0.5 lengths. Those pieces of form have been when running off marks around 50-52 and although rated at 54 today, Luke Morris claims the three to give it a real chance. Summary Selection 1: Machinate (2.20 Wolv) - 2 pts win Selection 2: Home (3.00 Windsor) - 2 pts win Selection 3: Cap St Jean (3.20 Wolv) - 2 pts win Selection 4: After The Show (4.00 Windsor) - 2 pts win Selection 5: Ermine Grey (4.50 Wolv) - 2 pts win Selection 6: Proud Killer (5.00 Windsor) - 1 pt EW TOTAL: 12 PTS STAKED Prices I took this morning: Machinate 11/4, Home 4/1, Cap St Jean 5/1, After The Show 9/4, Ermine Grey 4/1, Proud Killer 12/1.

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Good luck with this thread, i'm sure there will be plenty of winners. Any feedback is to help rather than criticise. When you post up the selections as long as prices are available at that time it isn't a problem. That's why I asked someone to post prices for me other day which you did on my behalf (thanks for that :ok) or I'd have had to settle at SP. Keep a running total of profit/strike rate etc. I'm also on Proud Killer, just backed it on Betfair but too late to put it in BBOTD thread. :) It was one of mine to follow previously.

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Good luck mate, hope it goes well for you. If I have one possible criticism, I would say that 6 bets in a day is a little excessive. My advice would be to look 1/2 bets that you have max confidence in, as I would guess that would yield the best return in the long run. Just my thoughts:ok

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Cheers fellas, any feedback is most welcome. I've tried to limit myself to two bets today at Warwick. First I'll update totals from yesterday. Selection 1: Machinate (2.20 Wolv) lost -2 Selection 2: Home (3.00 Windsor) - lost -2 Selection 3: Cap St Jean (3.20 Wolv) - lost -2 Selection 4: After The Show (4.00 Windsor) - WIN 2 pts @ 9/4 = +6.5 pts returned Selection 5: Ermine Grey (4.50 Wolv) - lost -2 Selection 6: Proud Killer (5.00 Windsor) - lost -2 12 pts staked 6.5 pts returned New Bet Bank = 94.5 Profit/loss = -5.5

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Warwick 3.30 – Digital – returned in good heart this season with a 0.75 length second at Kempton and then followed that up with a 2.75 length victory at Bath on good-soft ground LTO. Has been dealt a 6 lb penalty for that win but could still get involved again for jockey O’Brien as it is suited to the trip and ground. 4.00 – very competitive race here with all of those having competed at at least listed level (this is only a class 3 race). Caldra is the forecast favourite on Sporting Life and resumes off a 4 lb higher mark than when last seen at Newmarket last season. However, I think Welsh Emperor could run a good race. It finished last season strongly, finishing second in a Group 1 race at Longchamp and then followed that effort up with a win at Leicester. It goes on the ground and has won four times previously in its career when returning from breaks of 60+ days. Summary Selection 7: Digital (3.30 Warwick) 2 pts win @ 4/1 (Bet 365 BOG) Selection 8: Welsh Emperor (4.00 Warwick) 4 pts win @ 2/1 (Bet 365 BOG) TOTAL: 6 pts staked

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Two more I would like to include in this thread. Nottingham 2.50 - Dorn Dancer. two third placed efforts this season on softish ground and was only beaten 0.88 lengths LTO at Pontefract. Won off a 1 lb higher mark last season but my slight concern was that Fergal Lynch rides today so Dorn Dancer doesn't benefit from the 3lb claimer from Mullen - as it did LTO. Still fancy it to place at least though. 4.20 - Jaser - won over CD earlier this month on same going as today and stable in decent enough form (33 % strike rate over last 14 days). This one beat Stevie Thunder, who went on to frank that form by easily winning at Musselburgh on Friday. Summary Selection 9: Dorn Dancer 1 pt EW @ 5/1 Bet 365 Selection 10: Jaser 4 pts win @ 11/10 Bet 365 6 pts staked in this post 12 pts staked for the day taking into account previous post too.

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Glad I added the two selections from Nottingham in the end! Hopefully I can try work on the strike rate from hereon in..... Updated Results for Tuesday: Selection 7: Digital (3.30 Warwick) lost - 2 Selection 8: Welsh Emperor (4.00 Warwick) lost -4 Selection 9: Dorn Dancer WIN 1 pt EW @ 5/1 = 8.25 pts returned Selection 10: Jaser WIN 4 pts win @ 6/4 (BOG) = 10 pts returned Pts staked today: 12 Pts returned today: 18.25 Profit/loss for today: +6.25 Overall Results 24 pts staked 24.75 pts returned New Bet Bank = 100.75 Profit/loss = +0.75 Strike Rate (inc placed on EW selections): 3/10 = 30 %

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread 3.20 Beverley

12 go to post here for this class 3 handicap with 7 of those making their seasonal debut. Of those seven though, only three (Dig Deep, Hows She Cuttin and Inter Vision) have won when returning from a break of 60+ days . It would be fair to say Dig Deep and Inter Vision would prefer the going on the firm side of good. Although Hows She Cuttin handles a bit of cut in the ground, and has even won on heavy, it made no impression off its current mark on its final race of last season when finishing 8/17 at Doncaster. Of those that remain perhaps the two with the best bits of recent form are from Fire up the Band and Caribbean Coral. The latter was 1.25 lengths behing Blue Tomato on its reappearance at Musselburgh, latest, and is up only 1 lb from that run during March. However, all of its wins have come on firm ground and for that reason I prefer Fire up the Band. Dandy Nicholls’ charge has contested group races in its heydey, even winning a Group 3 at Goodwood in 2005, so should be more than up to the task of taking a class 3 affair here. Two recent wins in all weather claimers will have boosted his confidence and show he still has winning ability. Fire up the Band runs off 85 here and that seems fair. It won on its reappearance last year off 95 and its two AW wins at Southwell and Wolverhampton have been off 100. Soft ground poses no problem for this one and the trip is ideal. It is worth noting that Inter Vision had the beating of this one towards the back end of last season but hopefully dropping down the weights here will mean Fire up the Band can reverse the form. Summary Selection 11: Fire up the Band 2 pts win at 9/2 Bet 365 BOG Total pts staked today: 2

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Fire up the Band was a loser earlier today, but want to add two from Wolverhampton before I update stats again... 7.20 - This doesn’t look the best of races and Walter Swinburn’s Juzilla could be the one to be on. She has finished 2nd twice over CD, denied by only a head and 1.25 lengths on her last two runs, and that makes her the form pick up here for this class 6 handicap. Shunkawakhan won over CD LTO to finally shed his maiden tag at the 35th attempt, and although he is often in the places on the all-weather, he may struggle after going up 5 lb in the handicap. Casablanca Minx is another CD winner who scooped a handicap for this jockey two runs ago. However, he was well behind Josr’s Magic LTO and may struggle again off the same mark here again. 7.50 - The prolific Bridge of Fermoy could take all the beating here and has been a revelation, albeit at lower levels, since joining Gay Kelleway. He has won four claimers since the turn of the year, including one over CD and races off the same mark as when a one-length second to Lizzie Wiggins LTO at Kempton. However, prior to that run Bridge of Fermoy had won off this mark at Lingfield so could score again here. His form under George Baker of 11412 is also a plus. Summary Selection 12: Juzilla 4 pts win @ 9/4 Bet 365 BOG Selection 13: Bridge of Fermoy 6 pts win @ 8/11 Bet 365 BOG Total pts staked for today (inc 2 above for Fire up the Band): 12

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Updated Results after Wednesday Selection 11: Fire up the Band lost -2 Selection 12: Juzilla lost -4 Selection 13: Bridge of Fermoy lost -6 Total pts staked for Wednesday: 12 Total pts returned on Wednesday: 0 Overall No. of selections: 13 36 pts staked 24.75 pts returned New Bet Bank = 88.75 Profit/loss = -11.25 Strike Rate (Inc places on EW): 3/13 = 23 %

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Thursday's picks: 3.20 Ripon Mutajarred and Just Lille are NR's here, leaving just the 6 left in. Spice Route wasn't a million miles off Kandidate at Kempton LTO in a listed contest but the one I'll be on is Mick Channon's Championship Point, who was contesting group races towards the back end of last year and as such, may not be as bad as form figures may suggest from a quick glance. Daryll Holland takes the ride here, after taking a listed race on this one last year at Ascot, with Heaven Sent and Emirates Skyline some of those behind. Handles a bit of cut in the ground too and finished a neck second here on its reappearance last season to suggest it can go well fresh. (7/2 Bet >365 BOG).

4.20 Newmarket Pipedreamer and Multidimensional have very good claims admittedly but there are 8 runners here and I'm hoping Kandidate could sneak into the places providing all of them go. This previous group 3 winner just held on to score LTO at Kempton in a listed race but looks tempting at 14/1 EW (Bet >365 BOG). It has won under Ryan Moore before too.

Summary:

Championship Point 2 pts win @ 7/2

Kandidate 1.5 pt EW @ 14/1

Total points staked today: 5

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Updated Results after Thursday Selection 14: Championship Point WIN 2 pts @ 7/2 = 9 pts returned Selection 15:

Kandidate 1.5 pt EW @ 14/1 lost

Total pts staked for Thursday: 5 Total pts returned on Thursday: 9 Profit for day: +4 Overall No. of selections: 15 41 pts staked 33.75 pts returned New Bet Bank = 92.75 Profit/loss = -7.25 Strike Rate (Inc places on EW): 4/15 = 27 %

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Cheers fellas, I still can't believe Bridge of Fermoy didn't win last night though!! Put quite a few of my eggs in that basket. Bring on tomorrows racing anyway because I didn't fancy anything at Kempton tonight.

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Two selections for today. I don't have time to hang on for Bet 365's prices today so am taking Betfred's and Paddypower's. 2.40 Newbury Conquest (3/1 Betfred). This horse never really made much of an impression in group and then listed company last year, however, it had recorded some strong results in 2006, coming a neck second to todays rival Elhamri in a listed race at Ascot, but then reversing that form by scooping a Group 2 at York. It's win on its reappearance this season in a listed event at Lingfield suggests he could be getting back to his best, and he is partnered again today by Jimmy Fortune (all of his 3 career wins have been scored for this jockey). Admittedly, this isn't an easy race to call and many have genuine claims for this class 2 handicap. Stoneacre Lad was 2 and a bit lengths off Conquest at Lingfield on that aforementioned race, goes on the ground, and is a big price today (8/1). Oldjoesaid was also very consistent last year at this level and has very strong claims if it can return well from a break. King Orchisios too cannot be completely ignored as it beat Oldjoesaid on the latters last appearance at Catterick. However, Conquest is the only horse in the field to have landed a group race and I'm hoping he is getting back to his best after that win at Lingfield. He acts on the ground and the trip poses no problems.

6.05 Yarmouth Mia's Boy (13/8 PPower) Returned in great heart this season, rattling up a hat-trick of wins over a mile (8f again today) at Ling, Wolv and then Donc. The last of those wins came for todays jockey and on soft ground, so that is another two boxes ticked. This one was a comfortable 3.25 length winner LTO at Donny so even though it is up 8 lbs in the handicap there could easily be more to come. Summary: Conquest 2 pts win @ 3/1 Betfred Mia's Boy 3 pts win @ 13/8 Paddypower Total pts staked for today: 5

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Not happy at all with how Conquest turned out - drifted from 11/4 this morning to 6/1 at the off, so want to try recoup some of that loss on one at Thirsk. 4.15 - Rebel Duke - won under a penalty LTO on soft ground at Musselburgh and suited to this trip. Bids for the hat-trick today. Not a great price but still 3/1 with Betfred. 1.5 pt win. Total points staked for today: 6.5

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Updated Results after Friday Selection 16: Conquest lost -2 Selection 17: Mia's Boy 3 pts WIN @ 13/8 = 7.87 pts returned Selection 18: Rebel Duke lost -1.5 pts staked for Friday: 6.5 pts returned for Friday: 7.87 profit for day: +1.37 Overall No. of selections: 18 47.5 pts staked 41.62 returned New bet bank = 94.12 Profit/loss = -5.88 Strike Rate (inc places on AW): 5/18 = 0.28 %

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Thirsk 3.50 - Wi Dud - started career well never finishing out of the top two on his first five runs, but failed to land a race as a 3 yo when raced in group company last term. However, it ran a number of respectable races even in defeat and after faring well in a listed race at Doncaster LTO looks more than up to taking a class 3 race here. Goes on the ground and over the trip.

4.25 - Cape Vale - keeping faith with this one, related to Moss Vale, who scored on his debut for me last year at massive odds and then followed up with another win at Ayr NTO. Goes on the ground, hasn't raced over the minimum trip before but OR only 4 lbs higher than last win and if it is as good as group winner Moss Vale then is should be able to strike in this class 3 affair. Newbury 2.50 - The one which jumped out at me here was Benandonner. Fahey's horse has been in good form since returning from a break, scoring a 2nd in the Spring Mile on his reappearance, only to add a win to his name just over a week later when it won over 8f at Southwell. It is up 8lbs from its last victory but the presence of a claimer on Saturday negates that as McHugh claims the 7 lb. Its form this year prove both the trip and ground are ideal too. 4.00 - I'm on Beacon Lodge here, who is a CD winner and is looking to make it 3/3 at this course. The main reason I like this one is that is beat Stimulation in a Group 3 on its last appearance, and Stimulation is a decent prospect and scored at Newmarket earlier this week. Clive Cox may not be in the best of form without a win in the last 14 days but this goes on the ground and has previous form over 7f. Summary: Selection 19: Wi Dud 6 pts win @ Evens (Bet 365) Selection 20: Cape Vale 2 pts win @ 4/1 (Bet 365) Selection 21: Benandonner 2 pts @ 8/1 win (Bet 365) Selection 22: Beacon Lodge 2 pts win @ 6/1 (Bet 365) Total pts staked for today: 12

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Terrible day for me personally:(, only bet that was fruitful was an EW on Flintoff in the Scots National. My ones on here were very disappointing, Benandonner done by a neck and Wi Dud, who I was very confident about, was slaughtered. Updated results after Saturday Selection 19:Wi Dud lost -6 Selection 20: Cape Vale lost -2 Selection 21: Benandonner lost -2 Selection 22: Beacon Lodge lost -2 pts staked for Sat: 12 pts returned for Sat: 0 profit/loss for day: -12 Overall No. of selections: 22 59.5 pts staked 41.62 returned New bet bank = 82.12 Profit/loss = -17.88 Strike Rate (inc places on AW): 5/22 = 23 %

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Going to try a reverse forecast today... Great Leighs - 4.20 Luberon - only tried on the AW three times and form on last two runs has been a 1st and then a 1 length 2nd LTO. Always respected coming from a top yard who have had 7 winners in last 14 days and racing off just a 1 lb higher mark than last time. Escape Route ranks the danger - won on the AW on his debut and races off same mark as when 5th in the Lincoln at Donny LTO Summary: Selection 23: Luberon to beat Escape Route 2.5 pt SF @ 7.39 (Bet 365) Selection 24: Escape Route to beat Luberon 2.5 pt SF @ 7.06 (Bet 365) Total pts staked for today: 5

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Updated results after Sunday Selection 23: Luberon to beat Escape Route 2.5 pt SF @ 7.39 lose -2.5 Selection 24: Escape Route to beat Luberon 2.5 pt SF @ 7.06 win +17.65 pts returned Selection 25: Bahhmirage 1pt @ 12/1 (Ladbrokes). lose -1 pts staked for Sun: 6 pts returned for Sun: 17.65 profit/loss for day:+11.65 Overall No. of selections: 25 65.5 pts staked 59.27 returned New bet bank = 93.77 Profit/loss = -6.23 Strike Rate (inc places on AW): 6/25 = 24 %

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Cheers the rat. If I hadn't been down the pub watching Rovers v Man Utd yesterday I would have been in profit now. I don't want to after-event but lets just say a horse at Wolverhampton made amends for messing up earlier last week ;)

Re: Fintron's Flat Thread Windsor 5.25 - Saville's Delight - Denied by a short head over CD LTO on good/soft ground but todays drier ground will be nothing but a bonus to this one, who has been a model of consistency since the turn of the year on the all-weather, recording three wins and a further 5 placed efforts from a total of 10 runs. Runs off the same mark again here again today from a similar sort of draw, whilst Ross Atkinson takes off 5 lbs to give it a real chance. Pontefract 3.10 - one of the races of the day for me. Knot in Wood (11/2) was only a length off the winner LTO so is looking fit, and ran some cracking races last year - 3rd in the Stewards cup (0.56 l off winner) and was 3rd in a listed race at Donny in which he was less than a length off the winner again. He goes on the ground, is suited by the trip and could win off this mark. We was third off 103 last season in that aforementioned Donny run, and runs off 100 here. Stable in good form with 4 wins, eight 2nds and three 3rd's in last 14 days and well drawn in stall 2. Genki (13/2) looks progressive, and apart from its debut has never been out of the top two. Goes on the ground, over the trip, and 5 lb rise in handicap from last win doesn't seem too excessive. Has won after a break of 60+ days before too. Damika (6/1) belied his positition in the market when landing a class 2 race at newmarket last season at 50/1, with (Vitznau behind in 2nd). He was only a length off cape off this mark LTO at Doncaster and has won on both firm and soft ground. Rising Shadow (16/1) and CD winners Turnkey (10/1)and Zomerlust (14/1) are back down to winning marks and have won on the ground whilst the there could be plenty more to come from Stevie Gee (6/1), who won a listed event at Ripon last year and exploited the genorisity of the handicapper LTO when scoring by a short head at Doncaster to win at odds of 16/1. He is back up in grade here from that run but he goes on the ground and has won off higher marks earlier in his career. Should be an excellent race. I'm tentatively going for Knot in Wood. 5.10 - Lucayan Dancer saves his best form for Chester but has been given a great chance by the handicapper today dropping down in class - runs off 70 and has won off 79 last season. Won a claimer on the AW back in March and has won on softish ground previously. Two poor runs in last two but stepping back to 10f will hopefully help. Summary Selection 26: Saville's Delight 2.5 pts win @ 7/2 (Bet 365 BOG) Selection 27: Knot in Wood 1.5 pts win @ 11/2 (Stan James BOG) Selection 28: Lucayan Dancer 2 pts win @ 11/2 (Stan James BOG) Total pts staked for today: 6