Cricket: Indian Premier League

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Deccan Chargers Vs Mumbai Indians Although Deccan have a power packed batting order, their bowling attack is not in the same league, expect Mumbai's top trio Tendulkar, Jayasuriya and Uthappa to take advantage of this, Mumbai also have the bowler of the tournament in their ranks, Shaun Pollock, who has been simply awesome, a big reason for Mumbai's recent run of wins,Will Deccan's top order take him on?Im sticking with Mumbai yet again, no one can argue with their form. Deccan Chargers: LLLWL Mumbai Indians: WWWWW Mumbai Indians WIN @ 4/6

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League cheers Kev,:beer got bit fortunate with Chennai winning on D/L but they were going nicely in the chase, Mumbai again just wont stop losing.Awesome performance against a Deccan team that have been the biggest disappointment of the competition for me.(more than Bangalore).

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Bangalore Vs Delhi I dont care how poor Bangalore have been in the IPL, its a joke that Delhi are 2/5 shots:eek, ok they may rout Bangalore but then again they are firstly playing away from home and secondly on a run of losing 4 out of their last 5 matches. Delhi need to win to get a possible semi-final spot, the pressure is on them to win, Bangalore know their fate already and Rahul Dravids men will be playing for pride, afterall they wont want to finish bottom of the IPL table. Gamhbir and Sehwag have been devastating when allowed to get going, the former scoring 465 runs so far @ 46.5 a piece, Sehwag is averaging 37.5. Its about time White, Boucher, Misbah and Kallis scored some runs.Skipper Dravid led the way with 75 off 36 balls against Rajasthan, remarkable for a so called 'conservative' batsman. In the Bowling department, Delhi have the class McGrath, but even he showed he can be got after in the last couple of games, the other bowling berths are up for grabs, with Mo Asif and Maharoof likely to be competing for the same position. Bangalore dont have a bad bowling attack, SA seamer Steyn is capable of taking wickets as is Zaheer Khan if bowling in the right area's to a destructive Delhi opening pair. cant ignore this price, Bangalore WIN @ 7/4

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Hard luck Sir F. Bangalore just don't have a clue in this format for me. I left that game alone as I'm on Delhi outright and their price was a bit low but I'm betting tomorrow. 10pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Kolkata 8/11 Stan James It could be a bit dangerous betting on the Royals given that they are through but I don't think they'll rest too many here. Eden Gardens has been pretty dry so far in terms of pitches and Warne and Pathan can exploit that. The openers along with Watson and Pathan have given the Royals such great platforms they've just gone from there. There's no Shoaib Akthar for Kolkata here and their record against the top 6 in the table isn't good. Kolkata's batting still hasn't got going and with Rajasthan's attack proving hard to get away I'll take the visitors here.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League the Delhi openers caused the damage yesterday, ruining my streak of wins:cry Kolkata Vs Rajasthan This is a big game for Kolkata knights, they still have a chance of a semi-final spot if they can win this game, Rajasthan command ultimate respect, what they've achieved with one of the smaller budgets in IPL is remarkable.They've been particulary devastating at home.Just got a feeling Kolkata might sneak this if the likes of Ganguly and Butt can get going.The % pick is the home side for me, but its not a bank job.I would actually prefer Umar Gul to play over Shoaib as he can prove expensive in this format, Ganguly vs Warne could be interesting aswell after their antics earlier on in the competiton. Kolkata WIN @ 11/10

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Mumbai Indians Vs Kings Punjab 11.30am two inform teams lock horns here, but im going to favour the visitors here, Kings have a stronger collective batting line-up, The Mumbai top 3 are superb but after that think they lack bit of depth, Tendulkar welcomes back, Pollock after missing the last game due to injury, he also plays two spinners. Same bowling attack for kings, VRV Singh, Pathan and Sreesanth the 3 seamers and Chawla the led-spinner. Waited for team news to bet and the price is still same on Kings, they've been put in by Tendulkar though.:puke Mumbai Indians: 1 Sachin Tendulkar, 2 Sanath Jayasuriya, 3 Robin Uthappa, 4 Dwayne Smith, 5 Abhishek Nayar, 6 Pinal Shah (wk), 7 Vikrant Yelligati, 8 Siddharth Chitnis, 9 Shaun Pollock, 10 Dilhara Fernando, 11 Ashish Nehra. Kings XI Punjab: 1 Shaun Marsh, 2 James Hopes, 3 Luke Pomersbach, 4 Yuvraj Singh (capt), 5 Mahela Jayawardene, 6 Tanmay Srivastava, 7 Irfan Pathan, 8 Uday Kaul (wk), 9 Piyush Chawla, 10 Sreesanth, 11 VRV Singh Kings Punjab WIN @ evens

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Nice call on Punjab Sir F :clap:clap. Glad I swerved that Chennai match :loon. Swerving tomorrow too. 4/7 on Delhi doesn't tempt me although I think they'll win. There's rain forecast in Delhi tomorrow so I'm avoiding the match.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Agree with Kev, rain threatened 20/20 games not good, could be reduced overs game, or go on D/L if game goes ahead and rained off after. At 1/2 Delhi are too cramped. Going on the theory the game maybe reduced overs, will have a dabble on the top run scorer market. Delhi top runscorer - Gautam Gambhir @ 11/4 Kolkata top runscorer - Salman Butt @ 4/1 purely for a bit of interest, picking an opener from each team, both have been in good form with the bat aswell.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Can't see why it would be fixed, everyone in this tournament is on a pretty decent wedge so there would be no need to. It looked to me like just another awful batting performance in a tournament of awful batting performances! Any talk of a fix would probably have come from those who thought Chennai were "free money".

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League

looks like the game between chennai and banglore was fixed....any second thoughts?
There didnt seem to be anything wrong with the betting patterns to suggest any wrong doing. 1.01 got gubbed so there are going to be a few empty pockets talking!

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Kings Punjab Vs Deccan Chargers with Delhi's match against Kolkata being a wash out, Punjab have obtained a semi-final berth, Yuvraj Singh's young, hungry side will want to keep the momentum rolling to obtain the best SF ranking, Deccan have looked dangerous with the bat at times but the bowling attack has been toothless, against a Kings Punjab side jam packed with explosive batting talent, i expect at least one of Hopes/Marsh/Pomersbach/Yuvraj to score big tommorrow. Sreesanth and Pathan will need to bowl with more control than they did against Mumbai, Sreesanth does have a good record against Deccan's biggest threat Gilchrist, In this year's CB Series, Sreesanth dismissed Gilchrist three times in five matches - all for scores less than 20. He is also the joint top wicket taker in the Tournament with 15 scalps.Either setting a target or chasing, Punjab have shown they are capable of both. Kings Punjab WIN @ 8/13 (.betfred)

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Good luck Sir F. I'm gonna chance the other way though. 10pts Deccan Chargers to beat Kings XI Punjab 6/4 VC This is the 1st complete dead rubber of the tournament so it's hard to know who'll be up for what which would mean Deccan could be value at this price. If we assume both will be going 100% then it's not beyond the realms that Deccan win this. In the last match with Mumbai, Kings XI's opening bowlers got taken to the cleaners by Jayasuriya and Shahid Afridi could do the same here. Realistically Mumbai threw that match away but if Deccan can get off to a fast start they have the quality of Sharma and Rao to see them home. Their bowling would be a worry but RP Singh is taking wickets. Kings XI could rest one or two and aren't completely solid in the bowling department, particularly if Afridi and Gilchrist get going. I keep saying it but this Deccan batting lineup will take someone to the cleaners before this event is over and if it's here then 6/4 will look huge. Deccan for me.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League good game yesterday with Kings Punjab shading it.:cheers Chennai Vs Rajasthan game is literally about to start, Warne has made 4 changes, no watson, Chennai cant be as bad as they were against Bangalore, toss done, Rajasthan chosen to bat first.sorry no time for expansove write up. Chennai WIN @ 5/6

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Going full circle in the 1st game tomorrow. I'm a bit worried about the Deccan batting firing but it hasn't happened so far so I'll take the risk. 10pts Bangalore to beat Deccan Chargers 6/4 VC Deccan have been really poor in this tournament. Their batting has rarely got going and as a bowling unit they're non existant. Bangalore aren't much better but Dravid seems to be getting the knack of the twenty20 style and Misbah and Boucher can hit a big ball. Kumble, Steyn, Kumar and Zaheer form a pretty decent bowling attack - certainly better than anything Deccan can muster together and so the away side look like a spot of value here. A lot will depend on their batting but if they put some runs on the board they have enough to defend it with the ball.

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League kevshat i ahve to agree with u here...not been following the cricket n im far from an expert on the IPL but the deccan chargers have lost more games than the royal challengers and they are priced at 1.6.... that is surely not worth backing as both teams look similar in quality .i realised so far home advantage doesnt really amke much of a difference as i ahe been pinched a few times by backing home teams..not clued up on team news etc but will have a little experimental punt on the away team tomorrow @ 2.3 the prices on the teams isnt consistant so will take advantage of this. surely both of these teams should be priced equally deccan chargers dont look any better than the challengers..? apologies if anyone thinks my post is a load of shite, new to cricket n welcome expert opinions if im wrong:ok

Re: Cricket: Indian Premier League Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Kings Punjab Kolkata have been disappointing in the IPL, Punjab however have been superb after initially losing their opening game against Chennai. Since then Punjab's batting order has been explosive, destroying alot of attacks, they seem capable of defending totals aswell as chasing. Both teams might make changes, aslong as there's nothing to drastic, i expect the team with momentum to win this. Kings Punjab WIN @ 8/15