** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4

That´s a cracking statement matey have you really seen them play ?? :unsure ..... I´d say odds on Rangers are quite good among all home team was impresed by them in CL Sporting is not at best portuguese struggle up there in the islands their away stats are bad even for local league ..while huns? home record is impresive any significan news on the scotish side . cheers.
Have a fcukin word with yourself! :spank

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers v Sporting Lisbon Although over the two legs I do feel that Sporting do have the firepower necessary to bypass this workmanlike Rangers side, I do feel that Rangers will not lose tonight. Rangers will be full of confidence considering their great run domestically recently coupled with the victory in the old firm game at the wkend. Rangers at home in Europe this season have not produced many good quality performances in these games but they have managed to churn out the results. I can see this being another one of those occasions tonight and with the support of 50000 behind them I can see the huns scraping a 1-0 win.
Repulsive, no need for that on here. :@

Bayer Leverkusen v Zenit Petersburg Zenit Petersburg @ 6.6 Looking at the odds today I see this and went eh? Zenit have already knocked out Marseille and Villarreal to reach the last 8 who are both no mugs in Europe. Leverkusen come into this came with 2 straight defeats. I just feel that the 11/2ish on offer is far to big conserding the teams they have knocked out already. Betfred & VC Bet go 7/2 which is a bit more respectable. Going to cover my stake with a saver on Zenit Petersburg or Draw. @ 5/4 with Paddy Power.
Not one to gloat but.... 4-1 Zenit:nana What a f*cking price! :ok

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Cheers Alex Growing up in Glasgow i am used to that term being used from people i know(celtic fans) but its all tongue in cheek and part of the banter as there is no real harm intended. On this forum with people you dont know its not right. There are plenty of other forums for that. Are you on anything tonight Alex? Sorry if i missed them.

Bayer Leverkusen v Zenit Petersburg Zenit Petersburg @ 6.6 Looking at the odds today I see this and went eh? Zenit have already knocked out Marseille and Villarreal to reach the last 8 who are both no mugs in Europe. Leverkusen come into this came with 2 straight defeats. I just feel that the 11/2ish on offer is far to big conserding the teams they have knocked out already. Betfred & VC Bet go 7/2 which is a bit more respectable. Going to cover my stake with a saver on Zenit Petersburg or Draw. @ 5/4 with Paddy Power.
Great pick, congratulations :notworthy

Bayer Leverkusen - Zenit over 2.5 With Leverkusen having little chance of winning the Bundesliga they will focus on winning this tournament. They have a full squad to choose from and have some very good home form. So far in this tournament they have scored 9 goals in 3 home games while allowng 2. Zenit have gone over in their last 2 games as they have scored and allowed a goal in their last 3 games. While they have lost their last 2 away games they will be tough opposition for Leverkusen considering they have already knocked out Marseille and Villareal. While Leverkusen should edge this, Zenit will push them all the way and their should be some goals in it
Lucky for me, followed as posted earlier, thanks :ok. The Over worked fine , the EH worked the other way around, still some profit so far

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 :rollinI missed few minutes of the Bayern game to read all the posts about the bhoys and the huns, etc,etc...Very educational to everyone who lives across the Channel, especially considering it started with a very polite '' please, do not refer to us as Huns ''. VERY educational... Still the idea of having a separate Old Firm thread looks better - guys imagine what this thread will be like if Serbs decide to argue with Croats or Bosnians, Macedonians with Greeks or Bulgarians, Poles with Russians etc, etc. This pseudo-insults from within Scotland will look and sound like a joke to you all....:rollin

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Yeah, mate - it is different being called something by someone you know. I just don't like people that don't know me from Adam making, what I deem to be, derogatory comments to me. Nah, sat out tonight, hardly ever back anything in Rangers match. I did post up my thoughts, saying that I thought Rangers were the stronger team on paper, soon got shot down mind.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 What I saw was great first 15 mins by Bayern, then little by little Getafe levelled the game, and pure logic - the score as well. Bavarians made this night a bad one for me, despite my original thoughts backed them on EH and Over - they didn't deserve to win, neither they deserve to lift this Cup. No way I see them as favourites in the reverse game, unless Getafe get another player sent off - amasingly they played very clean today...

My only bet for today in the UEFA Cup: G. Rangers-Sporting Scottish teams are hard to play in Scotland (usually don't do nearly as well away from home) and there will be a great atmosphere in tonight's game.

Rangers has a 8-1-1 overall record in their last 10 (only defeat was away to Bremen 1-0) and in order to advance to the next round winning the home game is a good 1st step.

Sporting played 5 times in Scotland in the past and lost all those 5 games, scoring 4 goals and allowing opponents 19. They will play defensively tonight, the only issue is that their defence is no good apart from Brazilian International Anderson Polga. They do have great quality in miedfield and upfront but I don't see that being enough for them to avoid a defeat tonight.

My pick: home win; lost

Good luck!

JC
Next time my kids complain about eating soup I'll threaten them with watching this game once again :lol...what a poor game... JC

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 talk about a disturbing and disgusting performance for bayern fans and backers. Its becoming evident, this is simply an average team with a couple of world class internationals that were in supreme form during the start of bundesliga. Unfortunatly Sinc then its been uninspiring futbol and I'm one of those that was overly optimestic with their expectations of the squad.

Rangers V Sporting Club de Portugal - Under 2.5 In this game I see the usual defensive line up adopted by Walter Smith that he uses in nearly EVERY game 4-5-1 formation. The Gers will be content in keeping it tight and trying to hit Sporting on the break and possibly look for mistakes that served them so well in the last game at home against Werder (The keepers two horrendus blunders). The odds on this are probably not the best however I really do believe its a safe enough bet. GL all
Spot on. I was confident this would be the case. Didn't get home in time to bet though. Well done the winners tonight :clap

Do Bayern look that bad that noone thinks they can win it?
Well I got some of Zenit to win it @ 17 before last night... I think If Bayern get through they will have trouble defeating the russians who look very good to score against anyone away and can do damage also at home on their artificial pitch... I think either team... bayern or Getafe (especially Getafe) will fall to this team which has a solid advantage in cup competitions... comparisons could be drawn to CSKA who won this competition in 05'... the UEFA Cup just got very interesting... IT's GREAT... ... BTW Betfair has Bayern now as 3.75 favs... with PSV mid 5's and Getafe/Zenit sitting mid-high Six's... it seems though that not many are willing to lay the Russians at this point...:ok EDIT: to actually answer ur question I think that sure they have a top class team and could very much easily sweep this tournament... but questions lie over their commitment and motivation for it I think... league is perhaps more important atm and well they are definately not in form... which they will need to be as they find themselves facing tougher than expected opposition...

Weir, Please explain? Thompson, What a goal! How Convieniant it was that you forgot to mention Mcgregor, ferguson, Hemdani, Davis, Cuellar and Jcd, Rangers six best players this season, not including Weir with Thompson just back from a long lay off. As for being pish, I can laugh that one off.:lol BETS 4 TONIGHT LADIES & GENTLEMEN Fiorentina First goal @ 1.7 BETINTERNET Lev v Zenit over 2.5 @ 2.04 BETFAIR B Munich win with 3 or 4 goals in match @ 3.25 PADDY POWER Rangers first goal @ 1.83 TOTE Will give reasons on my selections as and when i start to post more, as i always find peoples reasoning and opinions interesting and helpful. All the best. Lev game up.:D
How convenient that you can only argue about Weri and Thompson...? How was it a cracking goal...? Celtics defence was mince. Rangers are pish, they only know one formation, defensive 5-4-1 and I think last nights game proved they have nothing in their closet to open up teams, their involvment in this tournament will becoming to a end next Thursday. p.s. I was right about the draw

Bayer Leverkusen Vs Zenit Decided to stay away from this game, for the previous 2 rounds i have bet against Zenit and they've exceeded expectations. Bayer Are a decent side but don't under estimate Zenit, i think the best bet on offer is going to be under 2.5 goals! Fiorentina Vs Psv Again another match i would have prefered to stay away from PSV and Fiorentina have both shown that they can play some great football. IMO this has draw written all over it. Psv have beaten and been beaten by tottenham and fiorentina have beaten and been beaten by everton. Although the league positions in EPL dont show it those 2 teams are of the same standard. Bayern Munich Vs Getafe Again Getafe have exceeded expectations, although i have absolutely no doubt that Bayern Munich will go through, i think getafe will hold on for the draw here and at the high odds being quoted its definitely worth a punt. Rangers Vs Sporting Lisbon This is the game to bet on in my opinion, rangers having taken werders scalp which many where suprised by and a sporting side containing the dangerous liedson, the fact rangers have beaten celtic just last week for me is the clincher with the fact that they havent conceded @ home or lost @ home for a long time puts rangers i think in the best position. Jump on rangers @ 2.4 to win or rangers to keep a clean sheet hope these tips help, GL all! Kully - :D -
i got the munich + fiorentina tips right + rangers 2 keep a clean sheet had 3 trips and 2 fourfold which with the loss from the zenit game gives me a tidy 250 profit!

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 will never back rangers ever again, poor effort last night, yes it is a case of 'sour grapes' one 30yrd shot in the whole game? As the home team, thought Rangers would attack Lisbon and at least try and take one goal to Portugal, its pretty tough to score when you've got one player in the opposition half running around like a headless chicken, chasing shadows,getting no support from a midfield with 3 holding players and no wingers. Feel sorry for the Gers fans, having to put up with that rubbish.

How convenient that you can only argue about Weri and Thompson...? How was it a cracking goal...? Celtics defence was mince. Rangers are pish, they only know one formation, defensive 5-4-1 and I think last nights game proved they have nothing in their closet to open up teams, their involvment in this tournament will becoming to a end next Thursday. p.s. I was right about the draw
Rangers are not PISH, But last night thats exactly what we were. 1 man up front at home without any pace on the wings is not good enough, the passing was shocking and to me their was a suprising lack of passion and fight. It was depressing to watch and i now fear our chance could be gone. With regards to your constructive critisism of rangers(Rangers are pish blah blah blah) why dont you worry about the state of your own mob because unless im mistaken there's a very good chance they will end up trophyless this season. If i am to comment on celtic on this forum it will be in a constructive manner with the number one aim to make money. I have had a lot of succsess laying teams that come to parkhead in the last seven years on big european nights and betting against them away from home. I wont have a cheap dig on this forum about our fiercest rivals. Enjoy the rest of the season.:D

Rangers are not PISH, But last night thats exactly what we were. 1 man up front at home without any pace on the wings is not good enough, the passing was shocking and to me their was a suprising lack of passion and fight. It was depressing to watch and i now fear our chance could be gone. With regards to your constructive critisism of rangers(Rangers are pish blah blah blah) why dont you worry about the state of your own mob because unless im mistaken there's a very good chance they will end up trophyless this season. If i am to comment on celtic on this forum it will be in a constructive manner with the number one aim to make money. I have had a lot of succsess laying teams that come to parkhead in the last seven years on big european nights and betting against them away from home. I wont have a cheap dig on this forum about our fiercest rivals. Enjoy the rest of the season.:D
Wait a minute, your the one that came on here demanding me to explain why I think Sporting Lisbon are a better team on paper and why I think Weir is pish, so dont go around suggesting I was having a dig at Rangers. And the primary reason I was discussing Rangers and not Celtic or 'my own mob' as you put it is because believe it or not Rangers were the team that were playing last night and therefore they were the ones who we were discussing. And I think you should also wake up and realise Rangers are pish on a European level, they would not be in this situation were it not for too lucky goals in the last round.

Wait a minute, your the one that came on here demanding me to explain why I think Sporting Lisbon are a better team on paper and why I think Weir is pish, so dont go around suggesting I was having a dig at Rangers. And the primary reason I was discussing Rangers and not Celtic or 'my own mob' as you put it is because believe it or not Rangers were the team that were playing last night and therefore they were the ones who we were discussing. And I think you should also wake up and realise Rangers are pish on a European level, they would not be in this situation were it not for too lucky goals in the last round.
Pish teams dont beat the champions of Germany and France. But i suppose that was lucky too? You and the rest of your mob will never talk about Scotlands Premier club in a diplomatic way. End off.:dude

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Sporting absolutley cruised to a nil nil draw last night,if they wanted to score they would have quite easily,there probably keeping there energy for league game at w-end Sporting will be a great bet next week,3 or 4 defeats coming up for the darkside:beer Heard it here first!!!

Sporting absolutley cruised to a nil nil draw last night' date='[b']if they wanted to score they would have quite easily,there probably keeping there energy for league game at w-end Sporting will be a great bet next week,3 or 4 defeats coming up for the darkside:beer Heard it here first!!!
Clown

You're showing yourself up here. I'll reiterate what I have said about Rangers all season, poor side who are hard to beat. They've shown it all season, with regards to your earlier comments, a blind man could have seen Celtic didnt deserve to lose the OF game last wk. The goal given away was down to shocking tracking by celtic midfield/defence, whilst Celtic dominated posession for the majority of the game just unfortunate it seems as if we cant currently score to save ourselves. Man for man on paper sporting are a better side in my opinion, and I feel that Rangers have blown their best chance of going through by being so defensive yet again at home. With regards to your wins against French and German champions, tbh didnt see game in Lyon but from what I hear the 3-0 scoreline away was unfair to the french side, something proven by the truely dominating performance Lyon put in at Ibrox on matchday 6. Rangers had 3 chances are scored 3 goals, fair play to them but I think the scoreline gives the impression of a dominating performance away from home which I think we all know wasnt the case. With regards to Bremen, why dont you take your bigoted blue specs off and watch that game again. The only reason you managed to make it through that tie was due to 2 of the worst high profile goalkeeping mistakes I've seen in a long time. Yes Rangers defended extremely well in both legs of that tie, but they rode their luck in Bremen. McGregor produced the game of his life but the only goals scored by the Ibrox men were due to goalkeeping mistakes by the opposite no 1. And another thing there are indeed many Celtic fans on this board who can look at Rangers game in a diplomatic view, ok we want to see you get humped each week but if we think you can get a result we'll say so so take the pompous attitude out of your posts. You're showing yourself up to be a bit of a tosser.

Oasis' date=' this IS NOT an Old Firm forum. You are making a fool of yourself here, and tbh with you, keep this up and you won't be here for much longer.[/quote'] Wholeheartedly agree. Oasis if you are just on for a wind up then bugger off, we cant be bothered with it on here. This place aint for a cheap dig at Rangers (no matter how tempting it may be) its to help people make money with their football betting so if you're not capable of making a balanced and constructive input then get stuffed, we dont need you here.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Oh sorry,am i not allowed an opinion.I am not hear for the wind up,I honestly think Rangers have been lucky thus far in competition and feel they will get beat tommorow evening..5/6 Sporting is a bet i will take The pair of yiz will have egg on face if the scoreline does read 3 or 4-0!!

Wholeheartedly agree. Oasis if you are just on for a wind up then bugger off' date=' we cant be bothered with it on here. This place aint for a cheap dig at Rangers (no matter how tempting it may be) its to help people make money with their football betting so if you're not capable of making a balanced and constructive input then get stuffed, we dont need you here.[/quote']