** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4

Thursday 3 April 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Bayer Leverkusen v Zenit (17:30BST) 1.68 3.90 6.60 100% Details »
Hide « Bayer Leverkusen v Zenit
Bayern München v Getafe (19:45BST) 1.52 4.20 8.50 101% Details »
Hide « Bayern München v Getafe
Fiorentina v PSV (19:45BST) 1.99 3.40 4.70 101% Details »
Hide « Fiorentina v PSV
Rangers v Sporting Portugal (19:45BST) 2.18 3.35 3.95 101% Details »

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 BTW, it's Sporting Lisbon, not Portugal playing the Rangers. Actually I think the German double looks sweet as Zenith are still at the beginning of their season and not the best of travellers and Getafe play woeful footy (although getting some results on the way, this should not be enough to defeat Bayern). Fiorentina look backable at nearly evens. Rangers v Sporting looks like a low scoring affair at first sight.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 BTW, it's Sporting Clube de Portugal. They are from Lisbon but they don't use it in their name :tongue2

BTW, it's Sporting Lisbon, not Portugal playing the Rangers. Actually I think the German double looks sweet as Zenith are still at the beginning of their season and not the best of travellers and Getafe play woeful footy (although getting some results on the way, this should not be enough to defeat Bayern). Fiorentina look backable at nearly evens. Rangers v Sporting looks like a low scoring affair at first sight.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4

......and Getafe play woeful footy (although getting some results on the way, this should not be enough to defeat Bayern). ... Rangers v Sporting looks like a low scoring affair at first sight.
That´s a cracking statement matey have you really seen them play ?? :unsure ..... I´d say odds on Rangers are quite good among all home team was impresed by them in CL Sporting is not at best portuguese struggle up there in the islands their away stats are bad even for local league ..while huns? home record is impresive any significan news on the scotish side . cheers.

That´s a cracking statement matey have you really seen them play ?? :unsure ..... I´d say odds on Rangers are quite good among all home team was impresed by them in CL Sporting is not at best portuguese struggle up there in the islands their away stats are bad even for local league ..while huns? home record is impresive any significan news on the scotish side . cheers.
Yes, have seen them three times recently and it was a pretty painful experience - especially the matches against Santander and Bilbao. May have been a fluke, but the team was quite good at the back, but unable to pass on attack.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Those games you mention were not their best recently involved in too many competitions anyways when they are sharp upfront wich does not happen often they can beat anyone , too much class on ranks for tomorrow will miss licht in the left side good defender but can count on almost everyone now after some weeks decimated by injuries . cheers.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Bayern -1 for me. clear-cut favorites at home, they will want to do what they did in previous round 1st leg -- take care of business. i look for Bayern to set up a comfortable scenario for them next week. they are healthy and Getafe aren't sneaking up on them. this is the QF round,so no opponent is looked at lightly. making it this far is an accomplishment of their own for Getafe. GL

I´d say odds on Rangers are quite good among all home team was impresed by them in CL Sporting is not at best portuguese struggle up there in the islands their away stats are bad even for local league ..while huns? home record is impresive any significan news on the scotish side . cheers.
Do you want to not refer to Rangers as that please?

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Don't underestimate Getafe. They already won away against Tottenham and Benfica. In the Liga they won last month in the Santiago Bernabeu and are qualified for the Cup final. I see them scoring at least 1 tonight and it won't be easy for Bayern. I wouldn't take that 1.52 for the home win, too low.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 I favour all the home teams tonight although there are some tricky games and 1st legs generally tight. Out of all I see some value with Rangers at home. Great record, passionate support, playing well plus winning against generally poor travellers and indifferent form but focus on UEFA. Fiorentina next for value and will couple both with the Germans who should win but skinny odds therefore suitable for the multi's. Playing profit+ from last night on the following: Rangers win 2.1: £60 Rangers to be keep a cleansheet 2.5: £40 All homes 4x £25 trebles odds 3.33 to 5.30 plus 1x £20 acc at 8.1. All with b365 total outlay £220 Good luck all. :dude JB

Yes' date=' have seen them three times recently and it was a pretty painful experience - [b']especially the matches against Santander and Bilbao. May have been a fluke, but the team was quite good at the back, but unable to pass on attack.
I'd say those games are not a good reference. Racing and Bilbao don't usually play open games, it's mostly all about tough and physical games, so no team in Spain usually plays great against them. And also, u should consider that they played 4 games in 11 days, 2 league games, and 2 2nd leg games (uefa cup and spanish cup) against benfica and racing. Getafe won in Santiago Bernabeu against Madrid, they also beat Sevilla and Barcelona in Getafe, and both games against Benfica. I think Bayern may win tonight, but it's going to be tough for them, I'd rather go for Getafe +1, i think the value is there

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Rangers v Sporting Lisbon Although over the two legs I do feel that Sporting do have the firepower necessary to bypass this workmanlike Rangers side, I do feel that Rangers will not lose tonight. Rangers will be full of confidence considering their great run domestically recently coupled with the victory in the old firm game at the wkend. Rangers at home in Europe this season have not produced many good quality performances in these games but they have managed to churn out the results. I can see this being another one of those occasions tonight and with the support of 50000 behind them I can see the huns scraping a 1-0 win.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Bayer Leverkusen v Zenit Petersburg Zenit Petersburg @ 6.6 Looking at the odds today I see this and went eh? Zenit have already knocked out Marseille and Villarreal to reach the last 8 who are both no mugs in Europe. Leverkusen come into this came with 2 straight defeats. I just feel that the 11/2ish on offer is far to big conserding the teams they have knocked out already. Betfred & VC Bet go 7/2 which is a bit more respectable. Going to cover my stake with a saver on Zenit Petersburg or Draw. @ 5/4 with Paddy Power.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Well, you criticise my angle of view on Getafe and yet fall into a similar trap - Getafe did win @ Real Madrid, correct, but how? Real had their goal disallowed for offside, but didn't notice and most players celebrated - in the meantime the ref let Getafe continue and their scored into the open defence - fair play to them, the ref let it be like this, but hardly the cleanest and fairest of wins on this planet. They beat Benfica away, although it is also fair to remember that Benfica were down to ten men for over 80 minutes. Anyway, there are always different opinions and it's up to everybody which side to back. The away +1 might well be an option, but I can't see them hold against Bayern for the whole match.

Going to stop using that term please...?
Thats what they are! The boys only speaking the truth! Sporting to win tonight,purely on the fact that rangers have beaten two teams that play in green in last two rounds and also beat the Bhoys on sat They cannot possibly defeat another team that play in Green &White!! Law of averages and all that;)

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Thinking of a big bet on Bayern myself to recoup last nights losses although Getafe have had some decent results on the road this season I'd be surprised if the Bavarians didn't take a lead to Spain. There's nothing 'implied' by the term, just what Celtic fans refer to Rangers fans as, nothing wrong with it but this is a betting forum and Alex is a good poster so there's no point trying to annoy one another on this thread.

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Bayer Leverkusen - Zenit over 2.5 With Leverkusen having little chance of winning the Bundesliga they will focus on winning this tournament. They have a full squad to choose from and have some very good home form. So far in this tournament they have scored 9 goals in 3 home games while allowng 2. Zenit have gone over in their last 2 games as they have scored and allowed a goal in their last 3 games. While they have lost their last 2 away games they will be tough opposition for Leverkusen considering they have already knocked out Marseille and Villareal. While Leverkusen should edge this, Zenit will push them all the way and their should be some goals in it

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Rangers V Sporting Club de Portugal - Under 2.5 In this game I see the usual defensive line up adopted by Walter Smith that he uses in nearly EVERY game 4-5-1 formation. The Gers will be content in keeping it tight and trying to hit Sporting on the break and possibly look for mistakes that served them so well in the last game at home against Werder (The keepers two horrendus blunders). The odds on this are probably not the best however I really do believe its a safe enough bet. GL all

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Rangers - Sporting Lisbon under 2.5 Rangers tend to play very defensive in these european ties, as they usually wait for the counter attack to open up a team. It is why their last 4 games have all gone under and they have yet to concede at home Sporting too like to play it more defensively so look for both teams to play it very tight. Sporting will be happy to get a point while Rangers din't look like a team that can make chances and score regularly.

Thats what they are! The boys only speaking the truth! Sporting to win tonight,purely on the fact that rangers have beaten two teams that play in green in last two rounds and also beat the Bhoys on sat They cannot possibly defeat another team that play in Green &White!! Law of averages and all that;)
:loon - now, that's some reasoning:loon

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Bayern Munich - Getafe over 2.5 Bayern Munich have gone over in thier last 4 UEFA cup games as they have scored 2 goals at least in their last 5. They seem to play with more vigour in these cup games, and with the talent they have on board, and the home ground advantage, they should win Getafe have scored and conceded in each of their 3 away games as two of these games have gone over. They will play this game tough but with the momentum from winning their last 3 games in this competition, they will continue to attack in order to win the game. Should be plenty of chances here and goals too

Don't underestimate Getafe. They already won away against Tottenham and Benfica. In the Liga they won last month in the Santiago Bernabeu and are qualified for the Cup final. I see them scoring at least 1 tonight and it won't be easy for Bayern. I wouldn't take that 1.52 for the home win' date=' too low.[/quote'] Agree, Getafe surprised far too many big names this season. Safe in La Liga they are already making history for a small club. People might say '' true, but it is Bayern this time ''. I personally saw at least 3 games at Allianz Arena when the Mighty Bavarians clearly struggled - vs Belenenses, Bolton and Frankfurt, AND 2 years in a raw I watched Getafe giving a counter-attacking lesson to Real at Bernabeu. Surely on a good day Bayern might slaughter Getafe, but at these odds? Not worth it I think, unless in a double, so, as another post suggests the choice should be either Bayern -1 EH, or for those who believe in Getafe some AH backing the guest, like -1,25 for example. The -1 EH looks better to me as of the Getafe's disciplinary record, these guys are having a red card in almost every game :) OR, like backbencher suggest - an Over. The guy is Spanish, has a feeling that Getafe will score, which they do often enough away, and if Bolton did it twice why not Getafe? Then if a Bayern win is most expected the Over looks good????

Re: UEFA Cup QF, Leg 1, Thu 3/4 Alex I'm sorry for using the term hun, lol. Only did it to get a reaction out of you which you duely obliged with lol. Sorry I know its childish but when you're a celtic fan just now you need anything to give you a laugh!! I agree with big Marty, have a lot of respect for your opinion and throughout my time on the pl I have always found that you are able to give a balanced and impartial view when talking about either side if the old firm which is very admirable. I stand by what I said however, I do think that Lisbon have the quality to get past Rangers if they can stay in touch after the first leg. I've said this for a long time and I'll say it again, Rangers are NOT a good team technically, they are however extremely organised and v difficult to beat and its on this basis I think that this game will follow the same trend as saturday. The away side will be the better side but Rangers will scrape a 1-0 win. Gd luck for tonight again big man and I sincerely hope you weren't too offended earlier on. :ok

You are a funny man Oasis. Typical Celtic fan I presume...? Excellent analysis on the match too' date=' well done.[/quote'] I wouldnt class Oasis as a typical Celtic fan big man, just look at his analysis of the game tonight, I think you're more than aware that there are many celtic fans on this board who are capable of giving a full and balanced analysis on all games, even the ones including Rangers. Look at myself, scottish bhoy martyMcG nastro to name a few. Even if we want to see you get humped every week, it doesnt mean we think its going to happen or are we that stupid that we're going to bet that way. Gd luck again with your bets