** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

INternational Friendlies 25-27/3

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Estonia - Canada The first game of those 2 teams took place in Tallinn 5 years ago and Estonia won that game 2-1. But since then the Estonian team has lost its quality and dropped in the FIFA rankings into the 120th place. Last year their only international wins came over Andorra, and Estonia was struggling even against that poor opponent. While the defense is somewhat decent, they have really been struggling to score a goal. the Canadian team hasn't shown anything spectacular either, scoring few goals and not being able to win below average teams. But for this game, Canada has all their best players in the squad today, with Radzinski fit again. Estonia has a new coach this year, we'll see if he has done some difference. Estonia is a defensive team and Canadas defense being quite strong for this match, way too strong for Estonias poor attack, I am confident that this game will be a low-scoring game. There is also a heavy snowfall in Estonia, which will slow down the pace of the game. Pick Under

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3

Estonia - Canada The first game of those 2 teams took place in Tallinn 5 years ago and Estonia won that game 2-1. But since then the Estonian team has lost its quality and dropped in the FIFA rankings into the 120th place. Last year their only international wins came over Andorra, and Estonia was struggling even against that poor opponent. While the defense is somewhat decent, they have really been struggling to score a goal. the Canadian team hasn't shown anything spectacular either, scoring few goals and not being able to win below average teams. But for this game, Canada has all their best players in the squad today, with Radzinski fit again. Estonia has a new coach this year, we'll see if he has done some difference. Estonia is a defensive team and Canadas defense being quite strong for this match, way too strong for Estonias poor attack, I am confident that this game will be a low-scoring game. There is also a heavy snowfall in Estonia, which will slow down the pace of the game. Pick Under
:welcome to PL, ment52. A nice first post too;)

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Picking winners in friendlies does not require reasoning, because the squads are different, the mentality different. You can say that certain teams "will want to get a result" or whatever, but wanting to get a result in a friendly means showing talent, not actually finishing off a win or a draw. The score is meaningless with regard to what goes on on the pitch...the young players can impress their coach in a 1-0 game, a 0-0 game or a 2-3 game. Given that, your best bet is to fade the public no matter what the talent level of the teams is presumed to be. Also, limit your plays and your betting amount...don't lose a ton of cash just because you need some action today! Here are current good lines to consider: Bulgaria Finland +0.5 2.10 Belarus-Turkey overs 2.13 Denmark-Czech Rep pk 2.21

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 FROM BBC SPORTS NETWORK Key players out of Wales friendly Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey and Tottenham defender Chris Gunter are out of the Wales senior squad for their friendly in Luxembourg on 26 March. The pair have instead been included in Wales' Under-21 squad for the trip to Bosnia-Herzegovina on the same day in a crucial Uefa European U21 qualifier. Hull City's American keeper Boaz Myhill gets his first Wales senior team call along with Stockport's Ashley Williams. Doncaster duo Brian Stock and Stephen Roberts are also included. "I spoke with Wayne when we were together for the Norway game to explain what my thinking was and similar with Chris," said manager John Toshack. "This is such an important game for the Under-21s because they have put themselves in a position where they can do something that they've never done before. "Qualifying for the finals in Sweden in 2009 has become a real possibility and if they do get there, all these lads can go. "The two teams travel together and we get dropped off in Luxembourg and the Under-21s carry on to Bosnia and there could be changes either way." And Toshack said this was the opportunity to introduce fresh blood into the squad. "(Boaz) is playing regularly in a side who are doing very, very well," he said. "This game is one we've decided on having a look at a number of new players and he's one of them." Stockport's 23-year-old captain and centre-back Williams was born and raised in the Midlands but is qualified to play for Wales because his grandfather is from the Rhondda Valleys. Cardiff City and Luton Town both had £500,000 bids rejected by Stockport for the highly rated West Brom trainee last summer. The defender could provide valuable cover in the long-term injury absence of West Ham centre-backs Danny Gabbidon and James Collins. Wales captain Craig Bellamy is also a long-term casualty, following knee and hernia operations. But the Hammers striker, 28, says he will return before the end of the season and will be ready for the start of Wales' World Cup qualifying campaign. Myhill joined Hull in 2003 and has made over 200 appearances for the Tigers. He has played for the England youth team, but qualifies for Wales through his mum. Portsmouth defender Richard Duffy has been recalled to the set-up, with Swansea City's Owain Tudur Jones and Nottingham Forest's Arron Davies also called-up. The most notable absentee from the senior squad is Derby striker Rob Earnshaw. "It hasn't been a particularly good time for Rob," said Toshack "But we generally want to have a look at other people this time around. "Maybe there's a bit more competition there now than there has been in the past." Those joining Hennessey and Gunter in Wales' Under-21 squad include Cardiff's Darcy Blake and Charlton defender Grant Basey, who could win his first cap. UNDER 2.5 GOALS IS THE BEST OPTION HERE.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 MONTENEGRO - NORWAY FRIENDLY Montenegro are playing their third home game in history. They still haven’t won ( they won Hungary 2-1 but that was not game for the FIFA points )and they definitely want to give joy to their fans as soon as possible. Norway failed in the qualifications and now they want to make up for it in the World Cup qualifications. Filipovic fielding two debutants Filipovic has chosen two debutants for the match against Norway on Wednesday. Centre back Estorila, Ognjanovic as well as Vukcevic from Buducnost. The most famous player of this team is definitely Vucinic, Roma attacker, and a lot will depend on him. But the list of good players doesn’t end with him; there is also Vukcevic, who plays in Sporting and getting better lately as well as the new star of Belgrade Partizan, Stevan Jovetic. Unfortunately, Jovetic was injured and Filipovic can’t count on him this time. This is certainly a big blow for this team, because there is no good enough substitute for him. Filipovic will for the third time try to mark a victory on home ground, but it won't at all be easy against excellent Norwegians. Technique is certainly on Montenegro side and the only chance is to try to develop a play with passes. A lot will depend on pitch quality which is usually not so good on rainy weather. I am Montenegro fan and I belive that Montenegro will not lose, so pick Montenegro HW or HD.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Int'l Friendly Soccer - Bulgaria/Finland - total Over 2½ (+117) for the regulation time held on Mar 26 at 11:00am [pending] Best-priced overs, the reason being is that Finland have played a whole bunch of 0-0 games in its recent history. However, news I'm seeing is that Bulgaria with its big Berbatov-Petrov attack is taking the match very seriously, while Finland's new coach Baxter is playing a more attacking game than his predecessor, playing the match against Greece with four forwards (FT 1-2).

ATT' date=' i came with the same conclusion you did, but sided with the Bulgaria side over the total[/quote'] The price has dropped to O 2 -147, so unders money streaming in. My thoughts are that Bulgaria is an attacking team, and should Finland play an attacking game as may be, they may be able to score, whereby you know the Bulgarians will move everything forward in front of their fans. So my worry about taking HW is 1) everybody in the world seems to be on it, and 2) Bulgaria's pressing could easily lead to (if I'm right) a 2-2 result. It all really depends on whether the home team can come to an advantage early. If it's 1-0 inside of 20 minutes you could see Finland pressing and leaving space in back and giving up a second, and then your bet may be safer than mine (2-0 FT).

ATT coul dyou say why Finland +.5 is a line to consider? Finland missing several players and on road vs Berbatov/Petrov? tia
Just fading the public. If Finland does play aggressive they could get something from the game. It is a friendly after all...I was just looking for lines that are well-paid that goes against common wisdom.

And by the way' date=' have been watching the line at my book and the money is moving toward Finland...almost even money now for the Bulgaria -0.5...so others are having the same idea.[/quote'] LOL, just looked and line jumped for Bulgaria. In any case, a friendly is never a sure thing. Good luck, will root for a 2-1 Bulgaria win.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 I layed Germany as I don't see them as big favourites in the Switzerland. Germany have played a couple of poor games. Austria was beaten with luck only despite the clearly looking 3-0 result. Defence around Lehmann was leaky and offense pretty harmless which shouldn't happen against a struggling side like Austria. Switzerland have developed quite well and might be not easy to be broken. The host should have good chances to come to a draw at least. Also a few quids on the Netherlands who should be too much for Austria who gave Germany a good game. Still, performances before were horrible and the special motivation they had facing Germany, is not given tonight. Generally, Austria prooved as too weak facing strong national teams.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Does anyone know for sure whos in the dutch squad tonight. or what the predicted line up might be.. I dont think they have a fully fit squad..No Robben, no Van N .. Also, how bad are Austria.? are they seriously that crap...? Netherlands squad: Goalkeepers: Piet Velthuizen (Vitesse), Henk Timmer (Feyenoord). Defenders: Wilfred Bouma (Aston Villa), Mario Melchiot (Wigan Athletic), Tim de Cler (Feyenoord), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax), John Heitinga (Ajax), Joris Mathijsen (HSV), Andre Ooijer (Blackburn Rovers). Midfielders: Ibrahim Afellay (PSV), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), Nigel de Jong (HSV), Denny Landzaat (Feyenoord), Clarence Seedorf (AC Milan), Wesley Sneijder (Real Madrid), Rafael van der Vaart (HSV), Demy de Zeeuw (AZ Alkmaar). Strikers: Ryan Babel (Liverpool), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Ajax), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Celtic).

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Denmark v Czech R Denmark have a fairly weak squad compared to the Czechs. Taking the Republic DNB @ 2.14 DENMARK GK Stephan Andersen, Brøndby IF GK Thomas Sørensen,Aston Villa FC D Anders Degn Randrup, Brøndby IF D Martin Laursen, Aston Villa FC D Niclas Jensen, FC København D Per Krøldrup, ACF Fiorentina D/M Thomas Rasmussen, Brøndby IF D Ulrik Laursen, FC København M Christian Poulsen, Sevilla FC M/A Kenneth Perez, AFC Ajax M Mikkel Beckmann, Lyngby BK M Mikkel Thygesen, FC Midtjylland M homas Kristensen, FC Nordsjælland M/D William Kvist Jørgensen, FC København M Dennis Rommedahl, AFC Ajax A Jon Dahl Tomasson, Villarreal CF A Martin Bernburg, FC Nordsjælland A Nicklas Bendtner, Arsenal FC Czech: GK Jaromír Blažek Norimberk (Něm). Jan Laštůvka Bochum (Něm). DF Zdeněk Pospěch FC Kodaň (Dán.) David Rozehnal Newcastle (Ang.) Tomáš Ujfaluši Fiorentina (Itá.) Michal Kadlec Sparta Zdeněk Grygera Juventus (Itá.) Marek Jankulovski AC Milán (Itá.) MF Tomáš Galásek Norimberk (Něm). Jaroslav Plašil Osasuna (Špa.) David Jarolím Hamburk (Něm.) Libor Sionko FC Kodaň (Dán.) Marek Matějovský Reading (Ang.) Marek Střeštík Brno Jan Polák Anderlecht (Bel.) ST Jan Koller Norimberk (Něm.) Martin Fenin Frankfurt (Něm.) Milan Baroš Lyon (Fra.)

Int'l Friendly Soccer - Bulgaria/Finland - total Over 2½ (+117) for the regulation time held on Mar 26 at 11:00am [pending] Best-priced overs, the reason being is that Finland have played a whole bunch of 0-0 games in its recent history. However, news I'm seeing is that Bulgaria with its big Berbatov-Petrov attack is taking the match very seriously, while Finland's new coach Baxter is playing a more attacking game than his predecessor, playing the match against Greece with four forwards (FT 1-2).
:clap