Thursday 27 March 2008 Home Draw Away BPP
Ecuador v Haiti (00:15GMT) 1.28 5.00 10.00 108% Details »
Hide « Ecuador v Haiti
Peru v Costa Rica (01:00GMT) 1.81 3.50 5.00 104% Details »

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Israel v Chile stands out for me from the fixture list. Israel have a strong home record in International fixtures and so why they are over evens to beat Chile beats me. I haven't checked out the team details for either side yet but I really can't see a travelling Chile coming out of this game with anything but a loss. Elsewhere I wouldn't be suprised to see Sweden take something out of a friendly against Brazil. I understand that this is an occasion for Brazil, to mark some celebration but the truth is that they will have a weakened side available to play. I think Sweden will have enough about them to be able to get a draw and so it might be worth considering as a bet on the AH.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Just a quick look down the list without checking the team news...Overs in Spain, Sweden, Scotland, Switzerland look promising. Worth checking the weather conditions in these as well - more goals are usually scored in friendlies, but with nasty weather managers might not use the best players for long. Often such compromise does take place because of the top clubs. I am leaning towards the Overs in these games because I expect more experiments to be made in the attack lines. Can't see any of these ending 0-0, so will check odds for Goal/Goal later on Wed, as 1-1 is a good possibility in most...

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 anybody can help with this one: there is a qualificatin for under 17 euro tournament in israel with matches england u17 vs.france u17 and israel u17 vs.russia u17.....and i made bet on israeli squad @2,6 but cannot find any page where it would be possible to see the livescore...anybody with some info please? thank you!!!

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3

Israel v Chile stands out for me from the fixture list. Israel have a strong home record in International fixtures and so why they are over evens to beat Chile beats me. I haven't checked out the team details for either side yet but I really can't see a travelling Chile coming out of this game with anything but a loss. Elsewhere I wouldn't be suprised to see Sweden take something out of a friendly against Brazil. I understand that this is an occasion for Brazil, to mark some celebration but the truth is that they will have a weakened side available to play. I think Sweden will have enough about them to be able to get a draw and so it might be worth considering as a bet on the AH.
Djlion....the occasion could be the 50th anniversary of the Swedish World Cup where young Edison Arantes do Nascimento made his epic debut. That's Pele to you younger viewers. A friendly draw?

anybody can help with this one: there is a qualificatin for under 17 euro tournament in israel with matches england u17 vs.france u17 and israel u17 vs.russia u17.....and i made bet on israeli squad @2' date='6 but cannot find any page where it would be possible to see the livescore...anybody with some info please? thank you!!![/quote'] www.flashscore.com

Elsewhere I wouldn't be suprised to see Sweden take something out of a friendly against Brazil. I understand that this is an occasion for Brazil, to mark some celebration but the truth is that they will have a weakened side available to play. I think Sweden will have enough about them to be able to get a draw and so it might be worth considering as a bet on the AH.
This could be a double-edged sword - if a full strength Brazil was available, they have a tendency to coast in these friendlies. My guess is that a similar squad to the one that travelled to Ireland is going (I'll try to find out), and if so then be careful with your stakes. Brazil are DESPERATE to win this year's Olympics, they take it very seriously as it is the one major trophy their national team is yet to win, and they want it badly. If they pick a mainly u-23 team with 3 over 23's do not be surprised. And if they do, then the team will be taking a lot more seriously, as they will be playing for Olympic places.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Before reading these selections, please understand that i know nothing about team news here, and am just looking at the prices. All the teams i have picked are preparing for euro 2008 and therefore playing for places. I am hoping that they will also put strongish teams out because lets face it, theres not long left till it starts now. Please feel free to shoot me down in flames if there are reasons not to pick these teams, for example star players not playing or very weak teams likely to get put out. I'll be honest ive just picked some teams i liked the look of the prices on, so any important team news to confirm or put me off these selections would be appreciated! Austria v Holland 1.86 If holland play a full team i expect them to trounce austria, who are a very poor team and who many austria fans are embarrassed and worried that they have actually got automatic qualification for the euros, because they could, and probably will, get humilated. They really are a poor team by all accounts. Surely holland will be too strong and will want to prove a point against one of their euro 2008 fellow qualifiers. Switzerland v Germany 2.17 A tricky game i must admit, but germany absolutely cruised through their group and switzerland havent played a competitive game for god knows how long. This might not matter too much seeing as this is a friendly also, but i just feel germany will have too much for switzerland, if they are motivated enough. Again i know nothing about team news so feel free to shoot me down if germany are resting loads of players! Portugal v Greece 2.26 This price looks fantastic from first glance, portugal at home 5/4!? Whats the reasoning here? Are they resting players or what? I know greece are no mugs but surely portugal will be too strong here, although again i know nothing about team news and feel there may be a hidden meaning in this price. Scotland v Croatia 2.65 This is a fantastic price here. There are a few drop outs in the scotland squad, due to the old firm game coming up (probably!) I understand the players will be wanting to impress the new manager burley, but on a similar note the croatia players will be wanting to impress bilic with euro 2008 coming up. I really rate bilic as manager and dont think he'll let them get complacent in any way whatsoever, as was the case when they beat england 3-2 when already confirmed as qualifiers. Some may say eduardo will be a miss, he probably will, but his absence gives the other strikers a chance to stake their claim and this will be the time to do it. Away win for me

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 About Portugal x Greece. It will be played in Germany. Ronaldo, Nani & Deco are out. Portuguese midfield is some how weird with Meira, Veloso & Carlos Martins. Not going to work. Under in this game is most likely, i got 2,25 @ 1.94. Draw is the most likely to happen. 0-0.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 I will certainly have a small stake on the Over in Spain - Italy, which considering who plays should be high enough for a risky bet. First of all it is a friendly. Second, both teams/managers would rather experiment with forwards than with defenders for logic reasons - testing the new ''young guns'' vs defending experts which both teams are, is best in a friendly. These same ''rookies'' will be out to impress as the Finals are close and in both teams some favourite new names will be on the pitch. If I go for higher stakes than an insurance on 1-1 would be an imperative. The guys above are right - a 0-0 draw in much more likely to happen in the Portugal - Greece game than in this one imo. On the 1, X, 2 I can't see Italy losing but too risky to bet on in a friendly...

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Many will probably follow the Croats which is clearly because of the footballing lesson they gave England at Wembley. For me no bet as I was impressed with the Scotland as well during the Euro campaign. Croatia might shine further in June ( I hope so ), still to me this is exactly the kind of game in which they might win beating the -1,5 AH, OR lose in an embarrassing manner - how typical that would be for a Balkan team when the game is a friendly and far from the spotlights !!!

I will certainly have a small stake on the Over in Spain - Italy' date=' which considering who plays should be high enough for a risky bet. First of all it is a friendly. Second, both teams/managers would rather experiment with forwards than with defenders for logic reasons - testing the new ''young guns'' vs defending experts which both teams are, is best in a friendly. These same ''rookies'' will be out to impress as the Finals are close and in both teams some favourite new names will be on the pitch. If I go for higher stakes than an insurance on 1-1 would be an imperative. The guys above are right - a 0-0 draw in much more likely to happen in the Portugal - Greece game than in this one imo. On the 1, X, 2 I can't see Italy losing but too risky to bet on in a friendly...[/quote'] Nicko, i wouldnt risk too much on that Over. News in Spain are that Aragones (NT coach) is gonna field the same 4-1-4-1 formation again, with only Torres upfront, and 4 playmaker midfielders Iniesta-Xavi-Fabregas-Silva, with Senna behind them. And Italy is suposed to field same formation, with only one striker, Toni. I'm not really expecting many goals tonight, although is a friendly, so anything can happen, of course. But i think it will be a midfield battle with not really many chances.

Nicko, i wouldnt risk too much on that Over. News in Spain are that Aragones (NT coach) is gonna field the same 4-1-4-1 formation again, with only Torres upfront, and 4 playmaker midfielders Iniesta-Xavi-Fabregas-Silva, with Senna behind them. And Italy is suposed to field same formation, with only one striker, Toni. I'm not really expecting many goals tonight, although is a friendly, so anything can happen, of course. But i think it will be a midfield battle with not really many chances.
:ok very small stake where least expected, we''ll see...Won't even bother to cover the 1-1, which looks very probable.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Hi leecrowe I agree with you that with Euro 2008 fast approaching, teams who are involved in this tournament will want to create a winning mentality for their morale going into the tournament. Holland should really beat Austria as Austria are a poor team. Germany I would be vary wary of as I rate them on a par with England at the moment. The Swiss looked good in parts in the friendly last month with England at the new wembley. On their homeground the Swiss could get a result and I would leave this fixture alone or play the Swiss on the AH. Portugal never ever seem to want to know in friendly fixtures and with their star players not playing I can see this being a 0 v 0 against the Greeks. Scotland have really turned things around as a nation in International competition and are a dogged outfit. Croatia are in my eyes one of the favourites for Euro 2008 and have a very good manager in Bilic. This game is a tough one to call but if as has been stated the Scottish squad will be without a few of their top players due to the Old Firm battle, then the logical choice would have to be Croatia win. :ok

Before reading these selections, please understand that i know nothing about team news here, and am just looking at the prices. All the teams i have picked are preparing for euro 2008 and therefore playing for places. I am hoping that they will also put strongish teams out because lets face it, theres not long left till it starts now. Please feel free to shoot me down in flames if there are reasons not to pick these teams, for example star players not playing or very weak teams likely to get put out. I'll be honest ive just picked some teams i liked the look of the prices on, so any important team news to confirm or put me off these selections would be appreciated! Austria v Holland 1.86 (Holland win) If holland play a full team i expect them to trounce austria, who are a very poor team and who many austria fans are embarrassed and worried that they have actually got automatic qualification for the euros, because they could, and probably will, get humilated. They really are a poor team by all accounts. Surely holland will be too strong and will want to prove a point against one of their euro 2008 fellow qualifiers. Switzerland v Germany 2.17 (Switzerland AH) A tricky game i must admit, but germany absolutely cruised through their group and switzerland havent played a competitive game for god knows how long. This might not matter too much seeing as this is a friendly also, but i just feel germany will have too much for switzerland, if they are motivated enough. Again i know nothing about team news so feel free to shoot me down if germany are resting loads of players! Portugal v Greece 2.26 (Greece AH) This price looks fantastic from first glance, portugal at home 5/4!? Whats the reasoning here? Are they resting players or what? I know greece are no mugs but surely portugal will be too strong here, although again i know nothing about team news and feel there may be a hidden meaning in this price. Scotland v Croatia 2.65 (Croatia win) This is a fantastic price here. There are a few drop outs in the scotland squad, due to the old firm game coming up (probably!) I understand the players will be wanting to impress the new manager burley, but on a similar note the croatia players will be wanting to impress bilic with euro 2008 coming up. I really rate bilic as manager and dont think he'll let them get complacent in any way whatsoever, as was the case when they beat england 3-2 when already confirmed as qualifiers. Some may say eduardo will be a miss, he probably will, but his absence gives the other strikers a chance to stake their claim and this will be the time to do it. Away win for me

Portugal v Greece 2.26 This price looks fantastic from first glance, portugal at home 5/4!? Whats the reasoning here? Are they resting players or what? I know greece are no mugs but surely portugal will be too strong here, although again i know nothing about team news and feel there may be a hidden meaning in this price.
Christiano Ronaldo and Nani suffered leg strains in Manchester United’s 3-0 Premier League victory over Liverpool and will both miss Wednesday’s friendly, with Felipe Scolari opting not to replace them. Deco will also be sidelined and Carlos Martins has been called in to replace him. Goal

Bulgaria v Finland Correct me if im wrong, but Bulgaria are alot better than Finland right, plus being at home. 1.70 for Home win looks good..
Hyppia ,Jaaskelainen, Litmanen, Kuqi, Tihinen, Pasenen & Sjölund all out of squad by Finland.

Re: INternational Friendlies 25-27/3 Bulgarian squad: GK Dimitar Ivankov (Kayseri) Georgi Petkov (Levski) DEF Igor Tomasic (Levski) Jivko Milanov (Levski) Alexander Tunchev (CSKA) Mihail Venkov (Litex) Alexander Alexandrov (Cherno More) Valentin Iliev (Terek) MF Blagoi Georgiev (Duisburg) Stanislav Angelov (Cottbus) Velizar Dimitrov (CSKA) Georgi Sarmov (Levski) Stilyan Petrov (Aston Villa) Stanislav Genchev (Litex) AT Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham) Martin Petrov (Manchester City) Georgi Kakalov (Botev) Zdravko Lazarov (Shinnik)