** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Some Betfair multiples fun

stewartd14

This is a Glory Hunt that will combine a lot of my selections into "safe" Betfair multiples. The prices certainly wont be great but I hope for a decent strike rate. Small starting bank, and I aim to build this up slowly. I will mainly be doing accumulators with teams to lose. Selections will be based on "football form system" found in S+S. Selections are also included in Short term Glory Hunt's 1 and 2 in the GH section. Start Bank: £12.72 (Had £2.72 lying around) Bet 1 LAY Grossetto to beat Pisa LAY Ravenna to beat Trevisio LAY Dijon to beat Nantes £12.72 Accumulator @ 1.43 Potential Return: £18.19 :hope:hope

Re: Some Betfair multiples fun You got it right mate. If I do an accumulator with 4 LAYS, all 4 teams must not win (definition of a lay is backing the team not to win). Same as if I do a BACK Accumulator with 4 teams, all teams must WIN. There is then the laying a back accumulator etc that gets confusing but if you want me to explain I will. :ok:ok

Re: Some Betfair multiples fun ok, I can't get my head around a LAY multiple, for example your LAY Treble, if all 3 lose you win - simple, but 2 lose and 1 win the Lay treble is a loser? :unsure I would think that because its a LAY it would still be a winner, because all 3 didn't win. Call me a stupid cnut if you want, but I might try it for myself with a few £2's. :$ Good luck with this and the other glory hunts.

Re: Some Betfair multiples fun

ok, I can't get my head around a LAY multiple, for example your LAY Treble, if all 3 lose you win - simple, but 2 lose and 1 win the Lay treble is a loser? :unsure I would think that because its a LAY it would still be a winner, because all 3 didn't win. Call me a stupid cnut if you want, but I might try it for myself with a few £2's. :$ Good luck with this and the other glory hunts.
I think you are over complicating it for yourself. Give me 10 mins to get spreadsheets up to date and then I will try to explain it the best I can. :ok:ok

This is a Glory Hunt that will combine a lot of my selections into "safe" Betfair multiples. The prices certainly wont be great but I hope for a decent strike rate. Small starting bank, and I aim to build this up slowly. I will mainly be doing accumulators with teams to lose. Selections will be based on "football form system" found in S+S. Selections are also included in Short term Glory Hunt's 1 and 2 in the GH section. Start Bank: £12.72 (Had £2.72 lying around) Bet 1 LAY Grossetto to beat Pisa :clap:clap LAY Ravenna to beat Trevisio :clap:clap LAY Dijon to beat Nantes :clap:clap £12.72 Accumulator @ 1.43 Potential Return: £18.19 :hope:hope
:nana Start Bank: £12.72 Current Bank: £18.19 P/L: +£5.47 Will be back with another tomorrow. Promising start. :ok

ok, I can't get my head around a LAY multiple, for example your LAY Treble, if all 3 lose you win - simple, but 2 lose and 1 win the Lay treble is a loser? :unsure I would think that because its a LAY it would still be a winner, because all 3 didn't win. Call me a stupid cnut if you want, but I might try it for myself with a few £2's. :$ Good luck with this and the other glory hunts.
OK. What I placed tonight was a back multiple, the kind you would place at a normal bookie. However, as it is an accumulator, I need all bets to win. Each part of my bet was backing a team to lose, just like a single LAY (assuming you understand this). For the bet to win, all 3 lays had to be correct, which meant all 3 teams failing to win. This happened and I was payed out. When it comes down to LAY multiples, it is slightly different. I found it confusing at first, but it sometimes helps to break it down into individual singles, and then think about them being combined. If I was to do the following bet in a Lay accumulator: BACK Man U BACK Arsenal BACK Chelsea It is basically like you accepting someone else's BACK Accumulator. You are LAYING someone else's bet for all 3 teams to win, just like a bookie. If 1 selection loses, the accumulator is down and the LAYER takes the backers money. If all 3 teams win, it will cost you the backers stake x the odds of the multiple. Do you get me so far ? Do you want me to explain the LAYING of a LAY Accumulator? Let me know mate, just need to make sure you get the basics 1st. Dont be afraid to ask any stupid questions, I was you not long ago and I am happy to help. :ok:ok

Re: Some Betfair multiples fun Ok, (Need to think this through myself) Laying someone else's LAY acca is like taking someone else's bet on 4 teams to lose or draw, in essence backing the other team. For your bet to be up, you need 1 of the lays to WIN. If that happens you get the backers stake. If all the lays fail to win, you have to pay the backer out at stake x odds offered. The Lay accumulators are the risky ones as you can lose a lot more than you can gain. The Back ones are just the same as ones you would place at your local bookies, but you can combine teams to win, and teams not to win, essentially backing a team to win.draw. If you need me to elaborate, just let me know. :ok:ok

Re: Some Betfair multiples fun I always find it easier with these to use the "pretend you're a bookie" scenario. Like stewart said, the Back Accas are simple enough. You chose to either back or lay teams and when you back the acca ALL of the results must go as you predict for you to win. When you lay an acca its like the bookies taking an acca from you, ONE part of the bet goes wrong and they keep your money. Same here. If you lay an acca you're saying the selections you put WONT ALL happen. JUST ONE needs to be wrong for you to win the bet. As Stewart said, laying acca's is much higher risk though. Imagine all those £2 accas put on at the weekend that may payout £500 if they win. You could lay these but would be stumping up £500 to win £2.

Bet 2 LAY Lazio to beat Fiorentina :clap:clap LAY Catania to beat Atalanta :clap:clap LAY Cagliari to beat Sampdoria :clap:clap LAY Fulham to beat Newcastle :clap:clap LAY Derby to beat Middlesboro :clap:clap £13.19 Accumulator @ 2.22 Potential Return: £29.28 :hope:hope
Well an 88th minute Sampdoria goal means Bet 2 is a winner. Bank now: £34.28 P/L: +£24.28 :nana:nana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Some Betfair multiples fun Bet 4 LAY Blackburn to beat Liverpool LAY Motherwell to beat Celtic LAY Arsenal to beat Man Utd LAY GBA to beat Anderlecht £13.65 BACK Multiple @ 1.79 Potential Return: £24.63 Bet 5 LAY Blackburn to beat Liverpool LAY Arsenal to beat Man Utd LAY GBA to beat Anderlecht LAY Rangers to beat Partick Just for fun: £3 BACK Accumulator @ 5.57

Bet 4 LAY Blackburn to beat Liverpool :clap:clap LAY Motherwell to beat Celtic :clap:clap LAY Arsenal to beat Man Utd :clap:clap LAY GBA to beat Anderlecht :hope:hope £13.65 BACK Multiple @ 1.79 Potential Return: £24.63 Bet 5 LAY Blackburn to beat Liverpool :clap:clap LAY Arsenal to beat Man Utd :clap:clap LAY GBA to beat Anderlecht LAY Rangers to beat Partick :eyes Just for fun: £3 BACK Accumulator @ 5.57
Fingers crossed that Anderlecht avoid defeat tonight for another winner to make it 4/5. The loser being the fun one today where I had layed Rangers to beat Partick @ 2/9 !! :hope:hope

Bet 4 LAY Blackburn to beat Liverpool :clap:clap LAY Motherwell to beat Celtic :clap:clap LAY Arsenal to beat Man Utd :clap:clap LAY GBA to beat Anderlecht :clap £13.65 BACK Multiple @ 1.79 Potential Return: £24.63
That gives us another winner :nana:nana The stats now read :drums Start Bank: £10.00 :loon Current Bank: £64.63 P/L: +£54.63 :nana:nana Who says you cant make money from sweeties. :loon Certainly not going to get overconfident though, I know how difficult this game can be at times and I know trouble could be just around the corner. :ok:ok