** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar

Wolverhampton 15:30 Hurricane Hen WIN this is my case: this horse has had plenty plenty of chances, and J Boyle has found a weak race it can really win. He has shown 7 of it's 11 starts, and what the hell, if he doesn't win this, it's not worth following him again! People reckon it has hability, otherwise it wouldn't have been favorite in some races, so this is now or never!:hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar

Wolverhampton 15:30 Hurricane Hen WIN this is my case: this horse has had plenty plenty of chances, and J Boyle has found a weak race it can really win. He has shown 7 of it's 11 starts, and what the hell, if he doesn't win this, it's not worth following him again! People reckon it has hability, otherwise it wouldn't have been favorite in some races, so this is now or never!:hope
It is currently @ 2.82 best price betfair, and I'm going to get it now, as I suspect it will shorten during the night! and I'm going to make it my banker of the day in a couple of accys. If it loses, i'll never back it again, as it will prove it is destined not to win IMO.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar My Bet of the Day is KARMEI 4.00 WOLV(0.5 E/W)..The tip showed some promise as a 2yo.He looked as though he needed the run LTO over 6f and should strip fitter today.From a pedigree that performs well at around 7f/1m,he could be value today to go close..:ok

Best Bets of the Day. wolverhampton 4.30 Spanish Diva - J Spencer booked will be a big positive goes best fresh. Down Royal 4.55 Clear Gold - first run for new yard w mullins will go v close. (might need the run)!! gd luck if backing.
:welcome mate! The BBoTD is a competition we run on ATR and the rules are one selection only. If you want to participate you have to select just one and then you'll see yourself on the table with the monthly standings. All the other fancies can go in the daily threads. Hope you stay around and contribute :ok

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar 3.00 Wolverhampton. Climate. Lay. (Racing Post SP 3/1) Has done pretty well recently, but does need a decent pace, and would be weighted up to best now. Can win, of course he can, but with there being doubts about a fast enough pace developing, and even then he'd still need to be at his best (if certain others run their races they 'seem' slightly better weighted), so the value call is to lay at the tissue price of 3/1, and hats off to him if he goes and wins.

I'll make Hurricane Hen my LAY of the day. For a horse that has trouble winning, stall 10 does it no favours over this distance. bigs, one of us is going to be right :ok
Well mate, if I'm wrong with it, it will be the last time, as it is it's last chance with me! :ok and after a profitable cheltenham, I can afford if it loses! But if it can' win this, it will be rated in my "hard to win with" horses!:spank

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar T4.20 Mighty Moose 1pt Win This would be a selection purely on the strength of appreciating the ground more than most in this but the confidence is franked by the fact that the trainers last 2 runners have won whilst the trainers of its market rivals are struggling for form at the moment. I'm expecting a big run at around 3/1.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar 3.20 Taunton Pretty Neat AP Mcoy on board doing the stearing and this horse should have enough to win this from Tambourine Ridge Comes from a family who love the ground soft so should love the testing conditions

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar Gonna have my first go at 'laying' today.......and the Lay is....... 2.50 Taunton - La Dame Brune - 7/4 Fav in RP Forecast Few reasons...... Race qualifies as a 'slog', just under 3 miles, heavy ground, uphill finish. In these conditions I discount 6 year olds as a matter of course, plus she's a mare, the 'weaker' sex !............;) French bred......:loon ( OK, this may be a phallacy, but I don't like backing french breds in 'slogs' ) LTO at Ludlow she jumped to the left........RP noted that she' might be better on a left hand track Her jumping has been a bit 'iffy' in her 2 chases to date, both over shorter distances, I think it's quite likely she'll fall near the end today when she gets tired. Both her wins have been in big fields, 16 runner affairs, suggests she needs covering up, small field today won't suit her.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar Taunton 2:50 Double Dizzy All chase starts have been in Class 3's getting two thirds and a fourth. The latest (Feb29) was at Newbury for a defeat of 2 3/4L to Kings Euro and Burren Legend. All three has also been in Handicap company - Novice Handicap (3rd and 3rd) and Handicap (4th). His giving weight to main rival La Dame Brune but experience may bee too good today. 10pts win @ 7-4 Boylesports BOG

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar KEEPATEM 4.20 Taunton. Lay. (Racing post sp 5-2) Has the ability to win, although past form tells us he has, but failing to show any enthusiasm recently and that makes him a lay for today. McCoy will no doubt try and beat him into performing, but I just feel this horse doesn't want it no more,especially with the blinkers not working last time either. A couple in the race that can take advantage of him being below form, so a lay for me.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar my best bet of the day would be rate of knots 340 taun. needs to find a bit on figures, but heavy ground he acts on and should give him advantage. mccoy and distance could bring improvement. the little drift worries me, but a nice price now and value to win.

Gonna have my first go at 'laying' today.......and the Lay is....... 2.50 Taunton - La Dame Brune - 7/4 Fav in RP Forecast
Woo hoo..........got her beat by 26 lengths........... It's OK this laying malarky, think I'll do it again..........it's a lot easier to pick a loser than it is to pick a winner !! :nana

Finally, it won a race!!! Got it at near 2/1 :) so quite happy, and what a boost because I had it in a 2 accys, with Double dizzy, tamborine ridge/pretty neat! :) good to have a winner for the BBOTD and good to make money out of it!

well done lumped on hurricane hen what a proper winner much respect
The biggest problem was to overcome the draw! It did it well and then held everyone at bay in the end! :nana:nana:nana my NAP and it went in!!!

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 17th Mar Well done bigs :ok I layed it and didn't bother trying to trade out, I went for a cigar instead, but didn't lose much. I backed Golden Dane at odds on for a place. Had me worried that I was going to do my money twice over as I was listeneing outside and he hit trouble in running early on. Thank fcuk he ran on :ok and only 3/4 of a length behind the winner.

Well done bigs :ok I layed it and didn't bother trying to trade out, I went for a cigar instead, but didn't lose much. I backed Golden Dane at odds on for a place. Had me worried that I was going to do my money twice over as I was listeneing outside and he hit trouble in running early on. Thank fcuk he ran on :ok and only 3/4 of a length behind the winner.
Well mate, we both made money out of the race then, that's the important stuff ;):ok