ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March

I'm not sure. Of course he's played great tennis so far and especially against Nadal. But I was disappointed with Nadal' date=' especially off the ground. Djokovic will return better and his groudies are a whole different level. If I make a play it will be on Roddicks side but so far undecided.[/quote'] Not going to play it...Djokovic should be too strong but not at 1.4;)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March KOROLEV @ 1.7 Betfair. A lot going on in this match up and I'm just willing to side with Korolev at this price. Korolev got a big win over Gonzalez yesterday despite a massive wobble from 5-2 up in the 2nd set to clinch it in the tiebreak. He said he got really nervous and it's a concern he has a let down today. However, he is good at this event reaching the semis last year - he had a big win over Blake in the round robin then backed it up by beating Querrey easily. He's got destructive groundstrokes and should be able to get something going at some point on Andersons serve. Anderson has done extremely well coming through qualies and beating Llodra and Isner but I'm not sure about him today. He's now had 5 matches and this is by far his biggest match at this level so I'm worried about a combination of nerves and fatigue (also rumours of an injury from earlier in the week). Korolev should put in a decent performance and I think he's a justified fav here.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Still got Delic from yesterday - 3.54 available now at Pinnacle! GINEPRI @ 1.61 Pinnacle. Still not a fan of Gulbis at all, looking at the score against Luczak very likely the Aussie wasn't 100%. Ginepris recent return to form in beginning to look more solid, and he's had a couple of very good wins against Malisse and Baghdatis. Playing well I think he betters Gulbis in every department and should take this one down without problems.

Agree entirely ST:ok LOPEZ @ 2.86 Pinnacle. Lopez is so talented, it's incredible he's achieved so little at the top of the game. He was shocking in 2006 and most of last year when his ranking slipped to 96. He improved in the second half of last year but seemed to be slumping again at the start of this year going 1-4 before this week. But he's suddenly turned it on beating Tipsarevic, Gasquet and Ferrer which is very impressive. He's serve huge, dominating at the net and being aggressive off the ground and seems to be very close to his best. He reached the final here in 2004 and took a set off Federer in that final so clearly likes this place. Davydenko has been very good so far, he was rock solid against Murray who was a little off. But I don't think that match has any bearing as Lopez presents a totally different style. Clearly a style he has had problems with as Lopez is 4-0 H2H although all were a long time ago and Davydenko has definately improved. The way I see this match, is it is all about how Lopez plays. If he serves strong he should be able to hold easily most of the time and he will be able to create chances on Davydenkos serve, especially putting pressure on the second serve by chip charging. With the form lopez has shown so far, most importantly beating a very similar player in Ferrer, have to take this price.
Have to say I'm a little bit pumped up after that comeback. Vamos Lopez! Enjoy yourself in the showers son!!!:loon:loon:loon

SportTennis
EventDjokovic-Roddick
Selectionover 9.5 games in first set
Strength10/10
Date07/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningFor me this bet is the best in this game.Roddick played great so far his service is great and he didnt let any break so far in Dubai.On other side Djokovic is fit and ready after injury and he looks good.Both players have strong serve and i expect them to hold them and we will probably see TB here.In H2H Djokovic leads 1-0 last year in Canada and result was 7-6,6-4 so in both sets games were over 9.5.I took this bet and relay on service of both players and i believe they will gona do job here for me.

Had to leave when he was 1-4 in the third' date=' quarrelling with the umpire and looked he lost it mentally. WTF happened then?[/quote'] Not much, he struggled a bit on serve after that but was pretty solid. Davy played a crap game serving at 5-3 the Lopez got his confidence and strut back.

SportTennis
EventGinepri-Gulbis
SelectionGinepri win
Strength9/10
Date07/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.60 (Back)
ReasoningWell i expect here Ginepri to advance.He is playing very good this year on USA tour he made some nice results and it looks like the new coach done a good job on his play and confidence.He beat yesterday very tough and good player Baghdatis in two sets 7-6,6-3 and today he should have easier job against young Latvian Gulbis who played good so far and yesterday he played good against Australian kid Luczak and beat him easily in two sets.Ginepri looks very good on service and he didnt let breaks yesterday Baggy and he plays like all American players with hard shots and good forehands.Gulbis is good player to but he is still young so i see little adventage on Ginepri side as he is playing in front of home fans.I expect tight match and in the en Ginepri win and it would a pitty to him that after beating Baghdatis in two sets get knock out here against let face it a suprise here Gulbis.

SportTennis
EventQuerrey-Benneteau
SelectionQuerrey win
Strength8/10
Date08/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.78 (Back)
ReasoningFor me value here is on Querrey.I didnt backed him a lot but in the end after i thought it is quite reasonable to bet on players who play in home country and favourite surface.Querrey is typical representer of American school.Hard shots without mych reasonin good forehand and excellent service could do job here.Julien is similar player like Grosjean a player who Querrey beat in first round after two sets.He is fast and good from baseline but young American showed that he can cope with that.Benneteau did beat Hewitt but Leyton is not in form as he used to be and he is an average player now.H2H is 3-0 for Querrey and he beat him 3 times last year all in USA and his wins was all straight without losing a set.Querrey is younger player he has talent and i hope he will show it against Benneteau.

respect, What do you think about tomorow (saturday) match beetween shnyder and yan
Trading! Not too sure about Yan, Jankovic was injured and she hasn't really done much at tour level apart from a very good run in Toronto last year. Schnyders form has been shocking this year, and she's struggled and couldn't back her with much confidence at all. Just expect lots of breaks of serve and a good chance of a 3 setter:unsure

respect, What do you think about tomorow (saturday) match beetween shnyder and yan
If you want my opinion DO NOT BET on woman tennis it is very hard to predict and you will probably lose lot more than you will gonna earn.Mens are easier to predict but in woman tennis service is not so important as only few players has good serve(Williams sisters,Sharapova,Ivanovic) and others like Jankovic,Dementieva are just field players.Anyway i will probably skip tennis tommorow and will watch end enjoy tennis final in Dubai and maybe throw a 1 or 2/10 on Lopez just for the odds @4.5!

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March RODDICK -3.5 @ 1.83 Will Hill. Quickly...I just fancy this today. Roddick is playing awesome tennis and should be all over Lopez. Can't see Roddick being broken or Lopez even getting close to a break point. Roddicks groudies and passing shots have also been very sharp this week and he should create chances on Lopezs serve. Lopez looked pretty tired yesterday and this being a big final and his first for a while he could come out pretty tight. Roddick will get the crowd revved up with his serve and could really dominate Lopez in this one.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Roddick covered the cap! Excellent performance from him all week, massive wins for his confidence over Nadal and Djokovic. Apart from that loss to Kohlschreiber at the Aussie Roddicks been really good this year. Also have to say something about Lopez - I've really enjoyed watching him this week. That should get him up to around 31 in the rankings and hopefully he can start putting in more consistant performances. I'm looking forward to Wimbledon already!

thinking of backing querrey a little bit at night ' date=' any thought about that game guys ?[/quote'] Tough match to call. I'd say that it's a good match up for Canas and he has come through without any problems so far (haven't seen anything but he could be getting close to the form he showed this time last year). But Querrey has been playing fairly solid stuff and getting results which in the past he hasn't done as much as I would expect (the reason I don't like him:lol). I would say Canas, but the prices look about right, and a lot of dogs have been hitting this week so wouldn't want to put you off Querrey but make sure you get top price of 2.87 @ Sportingbet.

EventKevin Anderson v Sam Querrey
SelectionKevin Anderson
Strength10/10
Date09/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.63 (Back)
ReasoningKevin Anderson (21 y o, 175th) was almost unknown before this tournament. Taken out qualifs notably by beating Zverev (who had beaten Kohlschreiber and Ferrer 15 days ago), he did not then lose 1 set to reach his 1st final of a tournament ATP. He beats at first Llodra who has already won 2 tournaments this season, certainly decreased physically but all the same. Then the giant Isner is always hard to beat on his lands. Then he flattens Korolev who had just beaten Gonzalez. Finally yesterday he beats Ginepri who returns there form because he had beaten Malisse and Baghdatis. Querrey (20 y o, 66th) if he is younger has already more experiment. But it will be for him too his 1st final ATP. Beautiful results also especially in front of Canas impressing since the beginning of the week. This match should be very tight and it is for me almost of 50/50. If the bookmakers see Querrey as big favourite it is because he is more known and has more big victories. But he is not better that Ginepri or Llodra and we do not know where will stop Anderson who could live a very nice tale this evening.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Agree entirely ST:ok ANDERSON @ 2.54 Betfair. It's been another great week for dogs and I've got no reason to believe this one can't hit. The price has dropped quite a bit today, and I should have taken it earlier so quite reluctant to take this price but want to make the play. Both guys are playing really well, and play a very similar game, so this should be really close. If it comes down to tiebreaks, I'd favour Anderson and I've been really impressed by him this week. Saw him against Ginepri and he was a lot better from the back of the court than I remember him, in that area he's really got more solid and can hit winners off both sides. I think Querrey will hit more errors, and probably more winners, but it's the errors that will give him problems in his service games. Slight concern with Anderson this beig his first ATP final and he's had a lot of matchs, but all straight sets in the main draw and a real easy one against Korolev should help. This is also Querreys first ATP final, but he has a lot more experience on the tour which should help. Because of the similarities in the styles today, and both are playing great, I'm calling this close to 50/50, slight edge to Querrey on experience and got to take this price to end the week on a high.

SportTennis
EventAnderson-Querrey
SelectionAnderson win
Strength10/10
Date09/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Boylesports @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningWell definately value here is on Anderson.I was two times against him and this boy made me wrong both teams.He beat players like Korolev,Llodra,Ginepri and Isner without dropping a set and that is quite impressive for him.He is young and he just started pro and if will play like this trough whole season he will be rated much more.Querrey played good tournament here beating players like Benneteau and Canas but i dont trust him so much as he is not so stabile even that he is better ranked than Anderson.Both players relay on serve a lot and we will probably be seing a lot of winners and aces and perhaps a TB in first set and also plays very good on net and this is game beetwen two giants as Querrey is 1.97 and Anderson 2.01.Odds on this match are so high on Anderson and i must take it as i see this match 50-50.Anderson in great form should do the job here probably in two sets.