ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March

does anybody here finds a reason why Llodra gets such a high price against kevin anderson? The frenchman won 2 titles this season ' date=' what did anderson do? nothing. any explanations?[/quote'] Only thing is that Anderson came through qualifiers and I showed in 2006 that qualifiers as a generalisation are good bets in the first and second rounds of tournaments. Other than that, I've got no idea:unsure

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Tipsarevic nearly got it done and Ferrero was shocking:sad LLODRA @ 1.57 Betfair. OK, this price looks crazy, so maybe I'm being suckered into something but still going to give it a go. Llodra has shown exceptional form this year, winning tournaments in Adelaide and Rotterdam which shows he can transfer it across continents. He's got a 14-3 record this year and has beaten a lot of quality players. He is better indoors than outdoor hard, but should have far too much for Anderson. Anderson I don't really rate, he's done OK at challenger level and hasn't done much at ATP level. He came through qualifying which is good, but Zverev tanked the last round as he was getting in as a LL. His edge of knowing the conditions should in part nullified as Llodra played and won a doubles match yesterday. Just don't understand this at all! ISNER @ 1.92 Betfair. Odds rising on Isner throughout the day but I still make him a solid fav. He showed some decent form indoors and expect him to be decent in the desert. In the USA always expect him to get the crowd going with his serve. Falla is reasonable on hard courts, but I just don't fancy him against a huge server. We say last week he lost a set to Young 6-1 and indoors that's poor, and he's prone to those sorts of lapses where he just plays shocking games. Do that against Isner and the set is over, and that's the reason I make Isner a solid fav.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Hi guys, following pick for today: ATP TOUR, LAS VEGAS DELIC TO D STARACE @ 1.7 at expect Starace is a typical clay court player. Delic has a lot of solid results on US hard courts and good attacking game to attack a weak Starace's backhand.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March QUERREY @ 2.46 Pinnacle. I hate backing Querrey, but at this price I have to do it. Kiefer still struggling with shoulder problems and a win over Becker doesn't mean much given how inconsitent he can be. Querrey simply should be able to told comfortably, and with Kiefer perhaps struggling on serve it'll be interesting how he holds up when it gets close. Querrey has been getting OK results lately, and in general it has been very tight matches in which he's been beaten so he should be pretty sharp. DELIC @ 1.69 Betfair. Delic seems to have found some decent form this year and has been good here so far. He came through qualifying and beat Melzer in the first round which is good. He's got a big serve and can be very effective on American hardcourts and should have too much for claycourter Starace. Starace is awful on hardcourts, with a 6-15 record at ATP level and Slams in main draws. He beat Berlocq in the first round who is another out-and-out claycourter so that is no reason to believe he's got better on the hard court. Clear difference in ability on this surface here and Delic should be comfortable.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Las Vegas outright HEWITT @ 5.00 Paddy Power. Now that Hewitt has got through the potentially tricky first round against Safin, I'm interested in him outright. He's got an excellent 10-1 record here reaching the final in 2006 and winning last year. I'm ignoring his shock loss to Seppi in Rotterdam as that was his only indoor outing and thinking more that he was playing good stuff in the Aussie before facing Djokovic. Looking at the bottom half of the half it looks quite a bit weaker than the top. As I've already mentioned don't fancy Kiefer and the other dangerous seed is Canas, who has to potentially come through big serving Guccione and Delic and I'm not sure he's playing well enough to do that. Would still fancy Hewitt to come through any of that lot and should make it to the final. In the top half, big names are Gonzalez and Baghdatis. Either of those would be close to 50/50 in a final against Hewitt, but there is some dangerous opposition. The winner of Isner/Anderson will be tough to break and Ginepri is playing decent and could trouble Baghdatis. So we could have a shock finalist from the top half leaving Hewitt a big favourite in the final. All in all I don't think Hewitt should be more than 4.00 in an event he clearly loves and I'm going to have a go.

EventMarcos Baghdatis- Robby Ginepri
SelectionRobby Ginepri
Strength10/10
Date06/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.90 (Back)
ReasoningMarcos Baghdatis (22 years, 17th world) has never had excellent results on hard on the American ground: since 2005 11 victories for 13 defeats. It is the opposite for Robby Ginepri (25 years, 111th world) who love playing at home. He has 42 victories for 22 defeats there. In 2005 hehad almost played only thereand arrived in semi-final to the US OPEN losing only in 5 sets in front of Agassi. Coria, Gasquet, Haas, Safin, Moya, to Shoe, Blake, Roddick, Acasuso, Calleri the list is long players beaten by the American this year there. In 2006 and 2007 hisresults were very disappointing but for 2-3 weeks he seems to find a very good level: he beat Fish (nevertheless in shape), Vliegen, Blake and Malisse. We cannot say that Marcos is in unfitness but he is a capable player of bad performance at any time. I think that we are not far from 50/50 in these conditions there.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March RODDICK @ 2.5 Blue Square. This is my only play in Dubai tomorrow, and taking it early as don't see it being around in the morning. Nadal won this meeting in Indian Wells last year but don't think Nadal is playing that well at the moment. He struggled against Kohlschreiber and was quite poor, then a bit better against Ledovskikh but the young Russian really fell apart. I think Roddick has been excellent so far, serving really well and pretty good off the ground. He's played two good baseliners in Ferrero and Mathieu and I've been surprised at how many long rallies he's won. He's also been really aggressive on serve, and expect him to ramp it up even more against Nadal and keep the pressure on. This one should be close and I fancy Roddick to get the upset.

SportTennis
EventMurray-Davydenko
SelectionMurray win
Strength10/10
Date06/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.60 (Back)
ReasoningFor me this odds are pure gift to me.Murray improved a lot this season especially mentally and he looks more stabile what he showed today against Verdasco when he had though times but in the end he won.Certainly he was on pressure after beating Federer that win against Verdasco is a must and he cope with that and now he is deal with that and should perdomance good.His service looks ok it is very hard to get to the chance for break against him.On the other side is Davydenko a player who is this year a shadow of himself over past few years.He didn’t made any success so far and he struggles against each opponent who is in top 50 and he showed that against Llodra in Rotterdam were he was out easily.He has pressure on him for alleged match fixing and until that is unsolved he I think he will never be on field 100%.In H2H Murray leads 3-2 and all matches were played on hard court.In last three meetings Murray won in all three without droping a set and this year in Doha he beat Russian 6-4,6-3.Only two wins came up for Nikolay in 2006 were Murray was just a kid but event then he won in both matches set.Odds are fair Murray is in good form and if he continue to play like this then this year could be his.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Hi guys, following pick for today: ATP TOUR, DUBAI MURRAY TO D DAVYDENKO @ 1.63 at expekt Murray has won 3 last matches vs. Davydenko without losing a set. In my opinion, Davydenko simply uses a wrong tactics against Murray by plaing too aggressive, going for too much and making too many errors as a result. Murray's defensive game is just too good for that.

SportTennis
EventRoddick-Nadal
SelectionRoddick win
Strength10/10
Date06/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.42 (Back)
ReasoningWell I am surprised with odds here and I must take a chance on Roddick here as I see this match 50-50 but bookies don’t agree with me.Roddick is classic hard court player with a lot of powerfull shots and strong serve and he moves well also.He beat Ferrero and Mahut so far two good players from baseline and he show that he can play good in field not just on his service.Well we all know that Nadal cant wait for a clay season to start and he is not so good on hard court.He had big troubles in first round with Kohlsreiber when he was 1-0 down but in the end he manage to win it while yesterday he easy training with Ledovskikh.He proved in Rotterdam that on hard he can lose to players in top 50 and Roddick is one of the best hard court players in world.He had good season and his form lately is very good he won two tournaments in Usa so far.H2H is 2-1 for Nadal on hard is 1-1 and last time Nadal won in Indian Wells in 2007.This should be a tight game but I give slight adventage to Roddick as price is very good.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March DELIC @ 3.25 Ladbrokes. Looks a decent match up for Canas, but I'm still going to have a go at this price. Delic is on a roll, havin come through qualifying and a couple of matches in the main draw. Starace retired but that's probably a decent thing as Delic shouldn't be tired coming into this. Canas has done well so far but I don't think Guccione played too well judging by his serve stats, and think Canas will have a lot of problems today. I know this is a part of the year Canas played extremely well last year, and if this was next week in Indian Wells I wouldn't take this price, but in the smaller tournament it's worth a go.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Oh my lots of dogs! ANDERSON @ 2.5 Betfair. I followed Isners match vs Fallas on the scoreboard and he was struggling on serve way too much. At the time I was thinking about opposing him in the next round but thought it would be against Llodra. However, Anderson is here and worth a go. This will definately be a serving contest and very likely tie breaks, so could easily attempt to call this match 50/50. Anderson has done well coming through qualies and against Llodra, and I just hope he stays strong in the tie breaks! LUCZAK @ 2.42 Pinnacle. Can't be having Gulbis as fav for this at all. He stinks at ATP level going 5-13 in the past 12 months and has really struggled for wins this year. In the first round here he beat Massu but that was a tough 3 sets. I keep hearing people talk about his big game and huge potential but I'm just not a fan - he plays a similar style to someone like Tursunov but makes far far too many errors. Luczak is more of a claycourter, but plays solid stuff on hard and is a bad match for Gulbis as Luczak will grind it out from the back. He's done pretty well here coming through qualifying and played well here in 2006, so definately looks worth a shot as a dog.

SportTennis
EventIsner-Anderson
SelectionIsner
Strength10/10
Date06/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.66 (Back)
ReasoningWell i already bet against Anderson with Llodra and lost but i think today the situation will be different.Isner is a young player from Usa and like all players he is perfoming well at home.He beat in first round Falla after hard battle when he was set down but during match he stabilised his serve and in the ende he won.He is playing like all Americans with strong and powerfull service and very good shoots and his play on net is very good after all he is 2.05m tall and Anderson is 2.00m so a battle beetwen two giants.Isner is a year older and has some results behind him while Anderson just started to play.He had problems with injury in match against Llodra and Llodra was injured too but that injury or whatever another reason effect that he lost.For me Isner is closer to win here and if he will serving well has a good chance to win.

EventNikolay Davydenko- Feliciano Lopez
SelectionFeliciano Lopez
Strength10/10
Date07/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.90 (Back)
ReasoningThese two players created 2 half-surprises today by beating respectively Murray and Ferrer. The service of Lopez is always so solid and the ease with which he beat Ferrer watch that he is very in shape. Before that he had beaten Tipsarevic and Berdych. When Spanish is on fire few players can compete with him. In 2004 he had already reached in finale Dubai being defeated only by Federer having beaten Davydenko , Kohlschreiber, Ljubicic and Youzhny. Davydenko is not on top on the beginning of season . No finale for him. Dubai never has him indeed succeeds because it has never made better than quarterfinal. Lopez leads 3-0 in the H2H.This statistic is important because it shows that Lopez is not afraid of the Russian. His odd represents a value for me.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Agree entirely ST:ok LOPEZ @ 2.86 Pinnacle. Lopez is so talented, it's incredible he's achieved so little at the top of the game. He was shocking in 2006 and most of last year when his ranking slipped to 96. He improved in the second half of last year but seemed to be slumping again at the start of this year going 1-4 before this week. But he's suddenly turned it on beating Tipsarevic, Gasquet and Ferrer which is very impressive. He's serve huge, dominating at the net and being aggressive off the ground and seems to be very close to his best. He reached the final here in 2004 and took a set off Federer in that final so clearly likes this place. Davydenko has been very good so far, he was rock solid against Murray who was a little off. But I don't think that match has any bearing as Lopez presents a totally different style. Clearly a style he has had problems with as Lopez is 4-0 H2H although all were a long time ago and Davydenko has definately improved. The way I see this match, is it is all about how Lopez plays. If he serves strong he should be able to hold easily most of the time and he will be able to create chances on Davydenkos serve, especially putting pressure on the second serve by chip charging. With the form lopez has shown so far, most importantly beating a very similar player in Ferrer, have to take this price.

SportTennis
EventGinepri-Baghdatis
Selectiontotal games first set 11+
Strength5/10
Date07/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningWell i see some value in this bet.Ginepri improved a lot this year he had solid USA tour and now he is playing against very god Baggy who tries yo finally make an result in 2008.Both players are holding thier serve well and i expect start were games will won players on serve.It is interesting that in most Baggy matches in first set are played more than 10 games and the same was against Spadea were TB were played.I rate here 50-50 chances to win but my bet is 11+ games in first set.I expect maybe a TB or smth like 7-5.Anyway good luck with this one we will gona need it.

SportTennis
EventDavydenko-Lopez
SelectionLopez win
Strength10/10
Date07/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 2.75 (Back)
ReasoningHere also is value on Lopez.I backed him against Tipsarevic in first round and then i waited can he do something here and after maych with Ferrer i decided to backed him whatever opponent he will play as he imprresed me.He beat Tipsarevic,Gasquet and Ferrer with only one set dropped amnd that is impressive.He is serving very good his movement is excellent and he loves to play service-winners and he keep pressure on opponent in every point as he is very agressive and that is recepy how to beat defenders like Davydenko.Russian did win against Murray but all he do is just returning shots as always and Murray wasnt agressive at all he tried to play similar like Davydenko to wait his mistake but Davydenko is the best in that and you will rarely see him making UE when he is form.Lopez will try to use same as Llodra in Rotterdam:to keep constant pressure on Russian service and to try make points in less shots he can.He is also lefty and that can be his adventage.In H2H Lopez leads 3-0 and Davydenko have never beat him but all matches were played in 2004 and earlier and Lopez was then in top form but if he can play like this he could improve his position much better as he deserves.I believe that Davydenko will hardly cope with agressivnes of Lopez and odds are very good to take.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March What do You think Lads of Roddick today? Yesterday he played one of his greatest matches in all career. 18 aces !!! Do You think it's possible to repeat it today? The odds around 3.1 are in my opininon quite generous and worth having some little bet...

What do You think Lads of Roddick today? Yesterday he played one of his greatest matches in all career. 18 aces !!! Do You think it's possible to repeat it today? The odds around 3.1 are in my opininon quite generous and worth having some little bet...
I'm not sure. Of course he's played great tennis so far and especially against Nadal. But I was disappointed with Nadal, especially off the ground. Djokovic will return better and his groudies are a whole different level. If I make a play it will be on Roddicks side but so far undecided.