ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March MURRAY @ 4.4 Betfair. I really think this could happen. Been waiting for these two to play again since the last meeting in August 2006 where Murray tied the H2H 1-1. Federer beat Murray then first time they played in the final of Bangkok but Murray was very 'new' at the time and still put up a very good performance. Then Murray got revenge in Cincinatti but to be fair Federer was coming off a tough week in Toronto and a few people were wondering how much he was up for it. But moving into this year...where is Federer? His performances were very up and down in Australia emphasised by his 5 set epic with Tipsarevic and being dumped out pretty easily by Djokovic. More players now are less afraid of Federer and I see him having a really rough time this year. I'm sure Murray feels he can win here, and that is a big plus. Federer usually has this long gap between Australia and his next tournament, but I don't think it's a good thing. Looking at his magnificant 25-2 record here, he does have quite a few problems early on. Last year Pless took a set off him in the first round, 2006 he started pretty slowly against Wawrinka (nowhere near the player he is now and seemed in awe of Federer in that match) and in 2005 took a final set tiebreak to beat Minar. All struggles and none of those guys in the same class as Murray now - I think this will be very tough for Feder and a horrendous first round draw for him. Murray has clearly been up and down this year, 4 tournaments, 2 titles and 2 first rounds - can't really get more extreme! But he's playing really well, and I think he's coming here confident and with a nice little rest after losing early in Rotterdam. We've all seen the types of player (Canas, Nadal, Nalbandian, Djokovic and Murray) really trouble Federer and Murray is right up there with the defence he has and the ability to mix it up. Federers serve I still think is a little suspect, and it will have to be very sharp as Murray is more than capable of getting hot and giving him a lot of problems holding serve. By no means a cert, Federer could turn up and blow everyone away, but I don't think Murray should be more than 3.33 for this match. TURSUNOV @ 2.64 Pinnacle. Neither of these guys have really fired this year, but I'm willing to have a go with Tursunov at this sort of price. H2H is 2-0 to Tursunov, including a 3 set win in Sydney at the start of the year. Tursunov went on to win that title but has struggled a bit since, and I think this match (especially being a night match) could be a spark to get him going again. I just think Tursunovs relentless power gets to Gasquet and rushes him quite a bit. Gasquet ends up playing really deep and putting pressure on himself to make crazy shots and on hardcourts I don't think he should be playing like that. Should be a close match, with Tursunov as a very small dog so willing to take this price.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March

SportTennis
EventVerdasco-Schuettler
SelectionVerdasco win
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.30 (Back)
ReasoningAlso this should be one-side match.Verdasco played solid this year and his form is not best but should be enough today.He playes against veteran Schuettler who is maybe playing final season and in his play you can see that his time has past.He dropped in AO very quickly and recently in Zagreb Bolelli smashed him 6-3,6-1 and I see Verdasco is on same level as Italian.He has slowly moves and he is not so quick and accurate so Verdasco with his left hand and speed should manage a win here without problems in two sets.This two players have never met so far in their carrers.For me clear Verdasco win in two sets maybe a small resistance from Schuettler but that is all he can give at this moment.

SportTennis
EventFerrer-Haas
SelectionFerrer win
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningThis is start of tournament in Dubai this week and it is one of the most strongest tournamets in World after Grand Slams and Masters.I hope we will see here more realistic results.First match one I throw my eye is Ferrer-Haas.Ferrer made a break after AO and then in Rotterdam he got defeated by Gabashvili and that was a big upset for him and it is sure that he prepared lot for this tournament and he will not underestimate anyone here starting to old-dog Haas who played pretty poor on his American tour and I don’t think he will change something here.It seems that his age has past and it will be very hard to him to beat top-class players like Ferrer.H2H is on David side 1-0.They played once in 2005 on carpet in Paris and result was 2-1 in sets to Ferrer.I watched Ferrer in AO and he played great tennis there and he played very good against Djokovic in semis but Nole was to strong for everyone in AO so Ferrer couldn’t do anything.I expect easy win for him here and I hope he will not make mistakes like against Gabasvhvili in Rotterdam and that was his lesson to not underestimate anyone.

Monday March 3rd
DateHome-teamAway-teamNext broadcast
tennis.gif10:00 - 13:30ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif
ae.gifATP Dubai Tennis Championships favourite_off.gif
tennis.gif15:30 - 18:00ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif
Tuesday March 4th
tennis.gif15:30 - 18:00ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif
Wednesday March 5th
tennis.gif16:00 - 18:00ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif
Thursday March 6th
tennis.gif11:00 - 13:30ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif
tennis.gif15:00 - 18:30ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif
Friday March 7th
tennis.gif10:00 - 11:45ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif
tennis.gif15:00 - 17:30ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif
Saturday March 8th
tennis.gif11:00 - 14:00ATP Tour favourite_off.gifLive!icon_broadcast.gif

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Isner @ 1.75 Isner really stands out here price wize. Typical hardcourter vs. claycourter Falla, infornt of his own audience. Sure Isner after injury but has played two tournaments since then, so there shouldnt be any problems with (especially) his serve and game.

EventO.Rochus - Nieminen
SelectionO.Rochus
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 2.52 (Back)
ReasoningOli leads 5-3 in their H2H(1-1 on hard). Hewas in big difficulties until the last week when he showed very beautiful things in front of Santoro and Koubek. He will have in heart to play well in this tournament which succeeds in him well (quarter finalist in 2007) in front of an opponent not at his best (no won since Open of Australia).
EventHaas - Ferrer
SelectionHaas
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.05 (Back)
ReasoningFirst confrontation on hard. Haas has a lot of troubles at this beginning of season. But impossible to believe that he is not going to find a correct level. Semifinalist to Dubai in 2007 he should find good sensations to Ferrer who showed nothing since Open of Australia and who lost here twice in the 1st tour in 2 participations.
EventTursunov - Gasquet
SelectionTursunov
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.70 (Back)
ReasoningNo reason to see the Frenchman as a favourite here. He is led 2-0 in the H2H of which a defeat on Hard in the beginning of season. Richie made nothing of extraordinary this year and did not still improve at the level of the mental. Russian is much superior to him on this plan there.
EventMonfils - Berdych
SelectionMonfils
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.49 (Back)
ReasoningThe return of Gael after almost 6 months of absences due to diverse injuries. I had echos as which he would have found a very good shape. If it is the case Gael has the gameto perturb Berdych who could lose very well quickly his nerves in front of show of "Sliderman".

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Hi guys, following picks for today: ATP TOUR, DUBAI FERRER TO D HAAS @ 1.44 at betfair Haas is struggling with his form after missing Australian Open. Ferrer should be too solid for him from the baseline. ATP TOUR, DUBAI MALISSE TO D GINEPRI @ 2.31 at pinnaclesports No reason to why Ginepri should be a favorite. He is unable to reproduce his 2005-06 form when he was one of the best players on US hard courts. Malisse has good game to force Ginepri into errors. H2H 1:0 to Malisse who won comfortably.

EventO.Rochus - Nieminen
SelectionO.Rochus
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 2.52 (Back)
ReasoningOli leads 5-3 in their H2H(1-1 on hard). Hewas in big difficulties until the last week when he showed very beautiful things in front of Santoro and Koubek. He will have in heart to play well in this tournament which succeeds in him well (quarter finalist in 2007) in front of an opponent not at his best (no won since Open of Australia).
EventHaas - Ferrer
SelectionHaas
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.05 (Back)
ReasoningFirst confrontation on hard. Haas has a lot of troubles at this beginning of season. But impossible to believe that he is not going to find a correct level. Semifinalist to Dubai in 2007 he should find good sensations to Ferrer who showed nothing since Open of Australia and who lost here twice in the 1st tour in 2 participations.
EventTursunov - Gasquet
SelectionTursunov
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.70 (Back)
ReasoningNo reason to see the Frenchman as a favourite here. He is led 2-0 in the H2H of which a defeat on Hard in the beginning of season. Richie made nothing of extraordinary this year and did not still improve at the level of the mental. Russian is much superior to him on this plan there.
EventMonfils - Berdych
SelectionMonfils
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.49 (Back)
ReasoningThe return of Gael after almost 6 months of absences due to diverse injuries. I had echos as which he would have found a very good shape. If it is the case Gael has the gameto perturb Berdych who could lose very well quickly his nerves in front of show of "Sliderman".
This should be interesting. He's saying that all these players are 10/10 to win. Unlikely, but i could be wrong, isn't that close to being bankers:eyes

SportTennis
EventTursunov-Gasquet
SelectionTursunov win
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.60 (Back)
ReasoningI see some value is this odds.This year is one of the most interesting in past few years and we saw a lot of upsets in tournaments in 2008.Today here in Dubai Open two seeded players Wawrinka and Youzhny had lost and I see no reason here for Tursunov to lose.He has played solid this season and if he can hold his serve good he will have chance to win here against Gasquet.Frenchman is good player but a not player who will be one day in top 3 because his changes in game are disaster.He can play very good but in every match he has his moments when just lose in game and opponent is winning points very easy.This players are about same height but Tursunov is way stronger player and server.H2H is 2-0 for Tursunov who beat last time Gasquet in Sydney at start of this year 2-1 3-6,6-3,6-4 on hard and I just cant understand odds on him as I see this match 50-50 and on this odds it is worth to take this bet on Tursunov.

SportTennis
EventGrosjean-Querrey
SelectionGrosjean win
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Boylesports @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning I see here here Grosjean as a closer to win.Young American player Querrey had some good matches this season but he still has a lot to learn especially in his play in field and his game is consisinting of strong serve and hard shots.He started pro in 2006 two years ago and he still has lot to learn before he became top player.He had very bad last week when he lost to mediocre player like Bjorkman.Seba is fast player with good play on baseline and it will b very hard to Querrey to keep pace with him as he doesn’t move very fast and he will try to end points as soon as possible.Also Grosjean made break until this tournament aand he prepared for this match lot longer than Querrey who played on all tournaments in USA this year and he must feel little bit jaded.Anyway I cannot see how Querrer will cope with experience baseline player like Seba and I expect a victory for Frenchma.

SportTennis
EventKorolev-Roitman
SelectionKorolev win
Strength10/10
Date03/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningThis should be one sided match.Korolev young Russian hope against nine year older Roitman.Korolev is defending a semis this season and he already daid that he is looking forward to play again here.oitman is not in so good form and he didn’t accomplished a lot this season.Also in H2H Korolev leads 2-0 and it is funny that Korolev beat twice Roitman on his favourite court clay and both matches were last year in Amersfoort 7-5,7-6 and in Valencia 1-6,7-5,6-0.Also Korolev made little break for this tournament as he wanted to prepare good and try to defend result from last year.Argentianian is experienced but quality for me is on Korolev side who is better player and if he is 100% fit he should win this with ease,probably in two sets.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Korolev didn't take a break due to the fact that he wanted to be well prepared but because he was injured. This is his first appearence since AO ( when the injury occured to him ) and that's why this match should be considered as no bet IMO.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Now something for tomorrow: ( I am aware that this pick was already presented by someone else but I just want to add some of my own concerns about this match ) Oli Rochus - Nieminen 2.62 ( Bet 365 ) Seems to me that Oli got over the problems with his health and now he can focus on tennis in 100 %. Those two players know each other very well, they played 8 times and H2H is 5-3 in favour of Rochus. This gives little edge to oli. Another think is that nieminen's style suits oli. He hasn't got either big serve or powerful shots. Both players are very good tacticians. So generally the match is gonna be very interesting. Lately performance of both players I value more or less on the same level so IMO the chances are 50-50 and odds 2.62 present value.

SportTennis
EventLopez-Tipsarevic
SelectionLopez win
Strength10/10
Date04/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningI see this match as a 50-50 but I will give slight adventage to Lopez as I see him little bit closer to win this match.Lopez hadn’t play so much after AO and he prepared for this tournament very well as he himself said.He is lefty and Tipsarevic will have problems with him.Janko played last week in Zagreb and he lost in quarter-finals against unseeded and big surprise winner Stakhovsky but for me Janko form is not great.He beat Zverev easily in first round but then he had problems with player who still plays challengers Roko Karanusic and he beat him after hard battle in 3 sets.In H2H Lopez leads 1-0 and he beat Janko last year in New Haven 7-6,7-6 after hard battle as I expect here.I think that Lopez will have less problems with his serve than Tipsarevic who showed that his service is not the best form.I expected odds on Lopez of 1.8 and anything above 2 is a pure gift I must take.

SportTennis
EventMonfils-Berdych
SelectionMonfils win
Strength10/10
Date04/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.90 (Back)
ReasoningWell bookies favourite Berdych here as a clear winner but on this odds I will take Monfils as I think that he can do something here.He had injury who sidelined him for six months and now he is back and eager to start to play.He is typicall player for fast surfaces he has strong serve and he moves really well and his shots are also good.Berdych on other hand doesn’t had so good year.He lost in AO to Federer and in Rotterdam he was out in second round to Karlovic also good server.Czech is good player but his form is not consistent and his mental stability is very low and if he had bad he will have big problems here with Monfils.This two players have never met and it will be very interesting to see this match beetwen two left-handed players.For me 50-50 match maybe a slight adventage on Berdych side but I think that Monfils can make here huge comeback and to cause an upset here.

Who the hell is Mahmoud Nader? I hadn't found any information about this guy....can somebody tell me about him? will he have any chance today?
Try here, Davidferrer - http://www.tennisinsight.com/matchid20080303-4-Dubai-401015.htm Only results it shows for him are Davis Cup, plus one appearance in qualifying at this tournament (lost in straight sets), and a career high ranking of 1491 :\

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March Cheers David. Good start to the week with Murray getting the huge win! Tursunov lost, Gasquet played a much better match and deserved the win. Laddies being generous today!! KOHLSCHREIBER @ 3.5 Ladbrokes. With Federer out, this is a great chance for Nadal to narrow the gap at the top of the rankings, but he has a very tough test here. Kohlschreiber started the year excellently winning in Auckland and beating Roddick in Auckland. Bit of a shock losing to Zverev in Rotterdam last week, but, well, he’s still not the most consistent and I put that down to a blip. He has a very nice game to take of Nadal, very similar to Youzhny and we know the problems he causes Nadal. Nadal still not convincing on hardcourts, and I’m really not sure he’s physically all there. We’ve seen him a couple of times come off tough matches and be pathetic the next day – I know that isn’t the case here but with the strapping on his knees I’m sure he’s not 100%. Nadal lost to Seppi last week and the Italian just rallied with him and Nadal just struggled. I think there’s a big chance of another upset here and the price is nice. FERRERO @ 3.25 Ladbrokes. H2H puts me off a bit here with Roddick leading 3-0 all on hard courts. However, I think there’s something strange about this situation. First time Roddick has turned up here, normally preferring to take time off after Memphis and San Jose before the Masters Series events in USA. But he’s turning up this year, after 8 matches in 2 weeks including being punked out by Soderling on Friday night. It has to be the appearance fee, doesn’t it? Anyway, Ferrero has shown some decent stuff this year, reaching the final in Auckland and playing very well in the Aussie destroying Nalbandian before losing a pretty close match to compatriot Ferrer. He’s had a couple of poor losses since then, but with Ferrero nowadays it has to be all about motivation, and he should be up for this and give A-Rod big problems.

Re: ATP Dubai/Las Vegas & WTA Bagalore 3rd - 9th March IMO odds for ferrefo 3.25 are set correctly. They reflect the real difference in skills and potencial between both players on hardcourts which is something like 70 - 30. H2H 3-0 in favour of rod suggests clearly that ferrero has difficulty managing with rod's style. Ferrero simply doesn't like to play against big servers. In addition Roddick is in a good shape, he won in San Jose and reached 1/4 in memphis ( as a matter a fact that's nothing special but he lost with Soda who plays great recently ). On the other hand Ferrero after AO didn't play anything interesting. To sum up roddick is better player on hard courts, he is in better form and he knows how to win with ferrero. The only concern migt be, like Mr I mentioned, rod's appearence in dubai. But if we agree that last year results in IW and KB were not satisfied for roddick, such a change in calendar should not surprise. Besides, if my memory serves me correctly, seeded palyers in IW start their plays in the middle of the week so it gives a lot of time for roddick to recover after dubai. I don't fancy backing roddick when odds are around 1.35 but betting on ferrero IMO is worthless.

SportTennis
EventLlodra-Anderson
SelectionLlodra win
Strength10/10
Date04/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.51 (Back)
ReasoningThis is very high odds on Llodra here and I must take it.He is playing against Kevin Anderson a player who still plays in challegers and he didn’t have important results in big tournaments.He cames from South Africa.Llodra had solid start in this year but he had great succes in matches after AO and he won Rotterdam very strong tournaments were he showed great tennis very attractive play and quick and easy points especially on his serve.He beat Davydenko,Haase,Karlovic and Soderling and that are names who are to be respect.His service is great and playing on net is also excellent and you will see lot of points to service-volley play which he likes very much.Llodra had problems in Rotterdam with back injury and he missed Zagreb due to and he wanted to rest and that was very smart.I expected lower odds on him and I must take this one with high odds

SportTennis
EventStarace-Berlocq
SelectionStarace win
Strength10/10
Date04/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.54 (Back)
ReasoningThis is the match beetwen two players who prefer to play on clay and I see here Starace as a closer to win.Italian is playing good this year he had some solid results and it looks that he is getting in old form before his suspension.His serve looks very good and he has improve his game.He is facing Argentinian Berlocq who is much better player on clay like all South-Americans.He didn’t had some significant results this year and his form is not best.In H2H Starace leads 3-0.He beat him last year in Roland Garros easily in three sets and he beat him in challengers two times also very easily and all matches were played on clay and it looks that Starace never had problems with Berlocq and he is better player in every aspect here to me.I expect him to hold his serve and if he can do that Berlocq will not hold so I expect probably game in two sets.