** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League (Mar 4th)

Tuesday 4 March 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Barcelona v Celtic (19:45GMT) 1.30 5.90 16.00 100% Details »
Hide « Barcelona v Celtic
Manchester Utd v Lyon (19:45GMT) 1.44 4.50 11.00 101% Details »
Hide « Manchester Utd v Lyon
Milan v Arsenal (19:45GMT) 2.22 3.20 4.10 101% Details »
Hide « Milan v Arsenal
Sevilla v Fenerbahçe (19:45GMT) 1.50 4.50 9.10 100% Details »
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">
Hide « Barcelona v Celtic
Hide « Manchester Utd v Lyon
Hide « Milan v Arsenal
Hide « Sevilla v Fenerbahçe

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) I'm not sure about Sevilla. I think Fenerbahçe have a lot to hold onto with their 3-2 lead they are taking into the tie. I envisage an open game. Odds of 9 on the away side readily available, I'd say the away win is over 11%. Will place in trebles with some home bankers: Barca/Fener/Man U @ 11 Betfair. ( 1 point ) Milan/Fener/Man U @ 17 Betfair ( 1 point ) Milan/Barca/Fener @ 16 Betfair ( 1 point )

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) I really cant understand why people still expect anything from turkish teams for away games.OK they r very good in thier home crowd but they r nothing at away.i mean WE R NOTHING AT AWAY :lol ;hence stop dreaming when a turkish team play at away.Sevilla to win is banker of the night for me.Also i am sure that they will eleminate easily.:ok P.S. : Fener 1-0 Inter, Inter 3-0 Fener;Bjk 2-1 LFC;LFC 8-0 Bjk,Gs 0-0 Lever, Lever 5-1 Gs

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th)

I really cant understand why people still expect anything from turkish teams for away games.OK they r very good in thier home crowd but they r nothing at away.i mean WE R NOTHING AT AWAY :lol ;hence stop dreaming when a turkish team play at away.Sevilla to win is banker of the night for me.Also i am sure that they will eleminate easily.:ok P.S. : Fener 1-0 Inter, Inter 3-0 Fener;Bjk 2-1 LFC;LFC 8-0 Bjk,Gs 0-0 Lever, Lever 5-1 Gs
what a shame that while european people trust a turkish team and you as a turkish do not trust it ... :) i support GS but i do appreciate feners success in CL and want them to go as further as they can .. for tomorrow i think the absence of roberto carlos wont be good for fb ..i watched the feners match against gs and gokhan gonul's goal was just perfect ..and i believe that he shows that he gonna be a star ..apart from him alex and semih (who is so fcuking lucky in scoring goals ) can change the destiny of the game .. but on the other hand what i have oberved so far is in CL matches the home teams got more advantage ..apart from barcelona there is no away win on the first leg of the matces ..so here we go ..sevilla with their supporters and fast attack strategy will rape FB ... for the CL matches my combo is : MAN u chealsea real madrid sevilla x 100 :350 so 250 lira profit that i am looking for :drums

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) Manchester Utd - Lyon Over 2,5 goals Bit risky, United don't need to push from the first minute, and very good at the back. Still, Lyon need a goal and they have the strenght forward to score. That on the other hand could well open up the game. United defense is good but in any case I prefer 2,11 for the Over instead of 1,40 for the home win - all I need to do is look at the names in both teams' attacks... Sevilla - Fenerbahce Over 2,5 goals Odds of 1,80 look reasonable, hosts score a lot at home, but they let many goals in too. The clean sheet they kept vs Zaragosa last was a very rare thing for them at home. Both Romanians and Czechs scored here in the group stage, so why not Fener? If I am wrong then I will just keep my fingers crossed for another great performance by Fabiano - Kanoute. Best thing for this choice is that hosts need to score. And again 1,80 looks better than 1,40 I am also very tempted to put these 2 Overs in a combo with an Over in Real game and maybe Over at Stamford Bridge ( as of the Greeks' scoring record away in the group stage ).... I've given up betting on AC Milan, 2 hateful teams in a game which I wouldn't stake on. Still hope Arsenal go through for the sake of ellegant play and Wenger. But then again all 4 English teams in the next stage? I don't dream another conspiracy, it is Milan's luck and experience that worries me. GOOD LUCK

Manchester Utd - Lyon Over 2,5 goals Bit risky, United don't need to push from the first minute, and very good at the back. Still, Lyon need a goal and they have the strenght forward to score. That on the other hand could well open up the game. United defense is good but in any case I prefer 2,11 for the Over instead of 1,40 for the home win - all I need to do is look at the names in both teams' attacks... Sevilla - Fenerbahce Over 2,5 goals Odds of 1,80 look reasonable, hosts score a lot at home, but they let many goals in too. The clean sheet they kept vs Zaragosa last was a very rare thing for them at home. Both Romanians and Czechs scored here in the group stage, so why not Fener? If I am wrong then I will just keep my fingers crossed for another great performance by Fabiano - Kanoute. Best thing for this choice is that hosts need to score. And again 1,80 looks better than 1,40 I am also very tempted to put these 2 Overs in a combo with an Over in Real game and maybe Over at Stamford Bridge ( as of the Greeks' scoring record away in the group stage ).... I've given up betting on AC Milan, 2 hateful teams in a game which I wouldn't stake on. Still hope Arsenal go through for the sake of ellegant play and Wenger. But then again all 4 English teams in the next stage? I don't dream another conspiracy, it is Milan's luck and experience that worries me. GOOD LUCK
I wish you luck...I've given up on most overs in CL...Sevilla for example can advance with a 1-0 win after their two away goals, and Fener not the best travelers...and yet you look at the teams and think every game will end 3-2...so I feel it's a crapshoot, will stick to my third-league strikers... For you I will root, root, root for many goals.

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) i haven't liked an overs as much as i like the over in Sevilla in a long time. simply put, i too envision an open game, and Sevilla is more than capable of finding the net 3 times on their own with the creativity of Kanoute and the counter-attack opportunities. i wouldn't had been surprised had the markets been asking with an over/under of 3. GL to all of us rooting for goals in seville. i don't want to over think this one and will put my money on what i believe will happen. :hope over 2.5 (10/10) 1.77

I wish you luck...I've given up on most overs in CL...Sevilla for example can advance with a 1-0 win after their two away goals, and Fener not the best travelers...and yet you look at the teams and think every game will end 3-2...so I feel it's a crapshoot, will stick to my third-league strikers... For you I will root, root, root for many goals.
The risk for Overs the further clubs go into CL is bigger as of the stake and especially after this round. Still in all 4 games I've mentioned there is potential for more goals and less tacticts. I personally feel safer in CL and UEFA, and I've given up hunting Overs in U.K. What I mean is only a couple of years ago you would expect more goals and open football in for instance Ipswich vs Preston than in Mantova vs Vicenza or Albinoleffe vs Modena. Why is this change makes no sense to me, Italy having more goals average than England ?!? 1x2 for me in the U.K. , unless you post a very confident one, like your Lyngby game before your break... Good luck P.S. I guess after posting this and being the Jinx of the Century all games in England tonight will go Over, Man U will finish 0-0, Sevilla will win 1-0 with a late penalty :lol Mind you, it is a common thing Sevilla to get a penalty awarded at home, and number of cards in the first leg got me some good return...4 out of 5 main picks I do recently are wrong, the only thing that keeps me from total bankrupcy is the in-play, things really happen for me there recently after watching 15-20 mins of a game :wall

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) Barcelona -1 (EH) Barcelona comprehensively outplayed Celtic in the first game yet only have a one goal lead coming into this game. Celtic have never won an away game in the Champions League and doubt it would happen here. Barcelona have too many good players and with Messi continuing his good recent form, they should win this by at least two goals here, after beating both Stuttgart (3-1) and Ranger (2-0) by 2 goal margins at home. Sevilla over 2.5 While Fenerbahce have a 3-2 lead from the first leg, Sevilla have two important away goals. Which either you look at it, no matter who scors first, both teams will need to open up to get the equaliser. This should be a game of many chances and also goals as both teams realise one goal will not be enough. Both teams have rested imortant players for this fixture on the weekend so they wil be ready to go as both teams know how to score but also allow goals. With Sevilla going over in 4 of its last 5 CL games, this is another one likely to happen Man Utd over 2.5 With the tie locked at 1-1 and Man Utd have the all important away goal, then Lyon now they have to score here to have any chance. While Man Utd are very likely to score, Lyon showed in the first leg that they can breach the Man Utd defence, so it is possible here too. Lyon have scored at least 2 goals in their last 2 away games in the CL, so this will force Man Utd into stepping up a gear and ensure that they too score early to reduce the likelihood of a Lyon upset. They are able to score 2 or 3 goals pretty quickly, so while Lyon will probably score, Man Utd should be able to score at least 2 here to send it over

Barcelona v Celtic
Barcelona's deserved 3-2 win at Celtic Park has put them on easy street for this second leg, and bang on course for a place in the quarter finals. Every single player for the Catalan club had a good game a fortnight ago in Glasgow; Ronaldinho, Henry and Messi caused havoc to Celtic's defence, and surely playing at Camp Nou will only see them repeat such dominance. Barcelona netted three goals away from home in the first leg and I can see them emulating that with ninety thousand fans roaring them on. Frank Rijkaard's side are also still unbeaten in the Champions League. Celtic face an impossible task here as they go looking for a 2-0, 3-1 or 4-2 victory against one of the best teams in Europe away from home. A defeat at Celtic Park was always going to seal their fate because Gordon Strachan's men only seem capable of performing at their home ground. They lost all three of their traveling group stage matches, and their away record in abysmal with only a single point taken from 14 away outings.
  • Over 2.5 goals @ 4/5
  • Messi scores @ 5/6
  • Barcelona to score in both halves @ evens
AC Milan v Arsenal
Milan were perhaps fortunate to escaped from the Emirates stadium with a goalless draw, but it was exactly the result they went searching for. Italian sides are notoriously fond of grinding out a draw whilst traveling and then finishing off opponents in the home leg. Scoring against Milan at the San Siro should prove tough for Arsenal, while Brazilian midfielder Kaka should be fit and at the centre of every attack for the European holders. Arsenal are clinging onto the top of the league by the skin of their teeth, and after some below-par performances there's now just one point between them and Manchester United. The disastrous 4-0 FA Cup defeat may have left scars on Arsene Wenger's side because three successive draws have followed that result. Goals have dried up, injuries are plentiful and the tension up front between Adebayor & Bendtner is not helping.
  • Home win @ evens
  • Draw/AC Milan @ 4/1
  • AC Milan to keep a clean sheet @ evens

Manchester United v Lyon
United's 1-1 draw in the first leg against Lyon seen Carlos Tevez score a vital away goal in dying minutes, and put them in a good position to progress in the Champions League. Sir Alex Ferguson is taking no chances, however, which is probably why Ronaldo & Rooney started on the bench for the victory over Fulham. The two, in form youngsters only put in twenty minutes at the weekend and should be feeling fresh and fired-up. Man Utd have no injuries hampering them and are in a very strong position here. Lyon might be topping Ligue 1, but their 6-2-5 away record domestically could be a lot better and could come into play here. They'll be relying on two-footed striker Benzema to take his chances should they come, but he could be up front on his own on the day. Defensively Alain Perrin's side should beware because United have score eight goals in their last two games, and will be relying on Jean-Alain Boumsong, deemed a flop in his Newcastle days, to keep them tight at the back.
  • Man Utd/Man Utd @ 10/11
  • Over 2.5 goals @ 21/20
  • Rooney (10/11) and Tevez (11/10) score anytime

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) * Sevilla have scored two goals or more in each of their last six Champions League games in which they have grabbed a total of 16. * Sevilla have won their last six European home games and have lost only one of the 37 they have played in Seville. * Fenerbahce have lost only one of their last 12 European games and have won three of their last four in the Champions League. * Fenerbahce have lost 10 of their last 13 Champions League away games and won only one. They have lost seven of eight games in all against Spanish clubs. for all this reason i pick in Sevilla Fenerbache : icon_arrow.gif Goal before 27th min include @ 2 bet365 7/10 Manchester-Lyon : Cause of Reveillere yellow in 1st leg can't play at old traford tonight so Clerc will take the right defence . Many question for coach Alain Perrin Lyon coach : Cris in starting line up after only 2 match since 6 month injury ??? start line up in 4-5-1 with Benzema forward and Govou Ben arfa or in 4-4-2 with Benzema Fred in front. Lyon got no choice must score to hope to qualify but i think during first 20min MU at home will press very very hard and Lyon must start to defence so i think one goal in first 30 min could be value. Lyon is a good counter team too and is better when let the other team control the ball.But this point is for Ligue 1 championship and tonight they don't play a ligue1 team so .... icon_arrow.gif Goal before 28th min @ 2.00 bet365 7/10 french web site give a starting line up non official but seems the best choice : ----------Coupet-------------- --Clerc-Squillaci-Cris-Grosso---- --Juninho-Toulalan-Bodmer-- --Govou--------------Ben Arfa--- ------------Benzema-------------- another special bet i find intresting on unibet : Toulalan to receive a yellow or a red @ 3.20 unibet 6/10:hope what about Milan Arsenal ? some info seems to give Milan Ac favorite for this game and i think i will try it -Milan stay a very strong team in Champion's league each year we don't wait them but each time finish in top 4. -Arsenal play is not the same than end of 2007 year .they not win a match since 11/02/2008 01/03/2008 Premier League Arsenal FC vs. Aston Villa D - 1:1 23/02/2008 Premier League Birmingham City vs. Arsenal FC D - 2:2 20/02/2008 UEFA Champions League Arsenal FC vs. AC Milan D - 0:0 16/02/2008 FA Cup Manchester United vs. Arsenal FC L - 4:0 -Milan will start with a big starting lineup specially in defence with Oddo-Nesta Kalaze and Maldini and Gattuso Pirlo and Ambrosini in middle for an attack with Pato-Kaka-Inzaghi.Very experience team an in this kind of match can make a big difference. -Arsenal line up :Almunia - Sagna, Gallas, Senderos, Clichy - Diaby, Eboué, Hleb, Fabregas, Flamini - Adebayor. This team show that they can play very well and very fast football.But important thing i think they are very young.Another big info is that Adebayor not score in Champions league and make an incredible miss in 1st leg for all this info i choose to take icon_arrow.gif Milan win @ 2.20 bet365 7/10 Gl all :tongue2

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) :\ CL is most unpredictable on this stage as a rule so will try go more deeper in high odds. Milan vs Arsenal Lowscorring game as in London first leg is obvious. Can't predict who will go trhoug but pick next: correct score 0:0 @ 7.00 correct score 1st half 0:0 @ 2.4 each half under 1.5 @ 1.9 Arsenal woun't loose and match total under 2.5 @ 2.25 Barca vs. Celtic Follow against all stats and history scores. Celtic +2 @ 1.7 First goal time from 27" @ 1.8 Seville vs Fener Seville win is comfortable odd. Seville win and total over 2.5 @ 2.5 MU vs Lyon Lyon always scored h2h but home win anyway. Correct score 2:1 @ 7.5 :hope

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventManchester United-Lyon
SelectionManchester win
Strength10/10
Date04/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningIn this match odds are set low but I think they are safe.Manchester is having great season so far and it would be a big blowup for them if they lose this match.They had an active result 1-1 from first leg and here they just need to win and they will qualify.They trashed Fulham and Newcastle after first leg and their goal difference in that matches is 8:1 and both they play outside Old Trafford.Manchester has rested some players during weekend and only Giggs is doubtfull for this match.Lyon is not team from last couple of years.They made some changes sell their best players and their ambition to win CL now looks almost impossible and they barely through this round.Simply they are struggling and they put all their hopes on Benzema and Junhino who is not having best season.Lyon will be without suspended Reveillere.For me clear home win for on fire Manchester and I doubt that Lyon can salvage something here.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventMilan-Arsenal
SelectionMilan win
Strength10/10
Date04/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningWell many will disagree here but I decided to back Milan to qualify win.Milan is very experienced squad with a lot of players who had ten season playing in CL and I think that they presents and experience would be enough to win here.Milan throwed everything on CL as In Calcio they are trailing a lot points behind league leaders Inter and Milan just want a CL spot for next season but their main objective is to defend tittle in CL.Kaka,Pirlo and Nesta were rested during 1-1 draw in weekend against Lazio and they are all fit today.Milan has some important absences today like:Jankulovski and Emerson are out for sure and Seedorf is questionable.On the other side it looks like Arsenal starting to slow down.They had two draws in a row in domestic league and they lost heavily to Man.Utd. in Fa cup.They have some important absences today like:Rosicky,Toure,Eduardo and Van Persie is questionable and even if he plays he didn’t play since summer so he will not have so much influence.For me very good odds on Milan who is playing at home at their fans they had experience in this sort of matches and for me they can win here against shaky Arsenal.

hey guys ..u got any info about milan's line up ...are kaka and seedorf gonna play ?? just heard that they may not :(
Preliminary lineup for Milan. Kalac Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini Gattuso, Pirlo Ambrosini Seedorf Kakà Pato.

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) Milan win @ 2.20 is great value for me. Since Eduardos broken leg there has been a dip in form in Arsenal. For me there is too much quality and experience in the Milan back 4 and midfield! Adebayor not really scoring in the CL this season and it's at the San Siro and the Italians will be up for this for sure!

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) I'm not going to offer any advice on the outcome of the Milan vs Arsenal game but a bet that did catch my eye was Alexander Hleb to score the first goal at 19.0 with betfair. He is likely to be playing in a more advanced role tonight, behind Adebayor. He has been priced as if he is playing in midfield. Worth a small play.

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) for the games the most propable outcomes for me are like this: barca-celtic barca win by 1 goal @3,8 fcb is confident with 3-2 away win from celtic park so they do not need to push hard. of course this match could end 3-0 or 0-0 as well but in my eyes barca even with half effort is the exact one goal better than poor european travellers from glasgow. manchester-lyon over 2,5 goals @1,85 manu can look easy go through with their injury time away goal, but lyon isn´t a team that would give up easily and in my opinion they will push from the start. they have heavyweight hitter karim benzema and solid attack with tough midfield on the other hand manu have nani ronaldo and tevez which can easily score too my other bets are lyon to score @1,8 benzema to score anytime @3,7 ac milan arsenal correct score 0:0 @ 7 here i predict a tough midfield fight which will be dedicated maybe in extra time but most propably we will assist to penalty shoot-out this night in milan...weather conditions are really bad with strong wind in italy so the ball controll and crosses are likely to be inexact... sevilla-fenerbahce sevilla -1 EH @2,16 sevilla is in a must win position after losing the first leg. sevilla rested half of their regulars last la liga match while r.carlos is out for fener. sevilla is experiecend european team with killer duo fabiano kanoute in the attack. sevilla is home and i think they can cover -1 eh all the prices are from local bookie i trust you can find better values and i wish you good luck!!!

Re: Champions League (Mar 4th) AC Milan v Arsenal Im a bit wary of this match but think that it's not as clear cut for a home win as some may think. No goals from the first leg and not much promise for this match either. Milan have the added pressure of having to win the tie or draw it 0-0, any other score draw and its Arsenal through. Milan have conceded goals at home in their last 2 league games so Arsenal know they can be broken down. A 1-0 lead for AC just isn't enough which means they have to go for the 2nd, I think this will be their downfall and will let Arsenal in for an equalizer. Main Selection: Draw (2/1 PP) Interest Bets: Correct Scores 0-0, 1-1 & 2-1 (6/1, 9/2 & 7/1)

as usual I don't like bet any result of CL. I prefer some special bets. today my bets are: Milan-Arsenal under 10 corners (asian totals) Bet365 odd 1.85 and Barca-Celtic under 3.5 booking odd 1.8
goal of fabregas really destroyed my corners bet (lost) booking bets won