** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Is this too tight?

dico

Final table of a 5 euro tourno on Virgin. 1st place pays about 350, think 10th was 15. I am 10th out of 10 as the final table starts, but there are a couple of players with not that much more than me. About the 4th hand UTG goes all in. He has a big stack. It gets folded round to me (7th position). I have JJ and decide to fold because : a) he has me covered and I will be out in 10th for 15 euros if I lose b) he had no reason to make a move unless he had a premium hand Having thought about it some more I think it is more likely he had a smaller pair. Surely if he had AA, KK, QQ or AK he wouldn't want to scare everybody off:unsure What do you think? p.s. ended up 6th for 62.20 euros:)

Re: Is this to tight? Dico, It may well have been the correct decision to fold...we'll never know although your mindset appears to be on surviving rather than trying to win!:unsure If I was lying 10th out of 10 and looked down to see JJ there'd be no way I'm folding......it's a perfect chance to almost treble up and put you back in the frame for winning....only 3 hands are beating you and even then you've still got a chance! :nana What hand were you looking for at that stage of the game? :unsure Well done on 6th place! :ok TQM

Re: Is this to tight?

Dico, It may well have been the correct decision to fold...we'll never know although your mindset appears to be on surviving rather than trying to win!:unsure If I was lying 10th out of 10 and looked down to see JJ there'd be no way I'm folding......it's a perfect chance to almost treble up and put you back in the frame for winning....only 3 hands are beating you and even then you've still got a chance! :nana What hand were you looking for at that stage of the game? :unsure Well done on 6th place! :ok TQM
Thanks for the comments chatoman and TQM:ok TQM I know what you're saying mate but the fact he went all in UTG put me off a lot. I thought I will call, he will have A9 and I will lose to an A on the river:lol Luckily I stole a couple of blinds and then doubled up with QQ! I eventually lost when I had two pair and he hit runner runner for trips:wall Can't grumble though, it's swings and roundabouts:) I really need to get more aggressive in the final stage of tournos:$

Got to agree with the rest of the guys here, Dico. With a top heavy payout structure and you already in last place, what have you got to lose? Call, and get frustrated when he draws out on you!!!:tongue2
:lol:lol Cheers for all the replies lads:ok

Re: Is this to tight? any chance of posting the HH so we can properly evaualte this? This looks like an easy call, but would like to know more. Cheers Damian

Final table of a 5 euro tourno on Virgin. 1st place pays about 350, think 10th was 15. I am 10th out of 10 as the final table starts, but there are a couple of players with not that much more than me. About the 4th hand UTG goes all in. He has a big stack. It gets folded round to me (7th position). I have JJ and decide to fold because : a) he has me covered and I will be out in 10th for 15 euros if I lose b) he had no reason to make a move unless he had a premium hand Having thought about it some more I think it is more likely he had a smaller pair. Surely if he had AA, KK, QQ or AK he wouldn't want to scare everybody off:unsure What do you think? p.s. ended up 6th for 62.20 euros:)

• 2 weeks later...

I would have called,but you sometimes do what you feel best for you. Next time,maybe you will. As for the prat who called you a mug,hmmmmmmmmmm,nice name he has there,my 6 year old son watches american wrestling,seems like we have a little boy on here who does too.
:lol nice one pal:ok