ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb

hellou everybody!!! what about ivanovic-radwanska match? ana had her ankle twisted yesterday and the odds are droppin crazy on radwanska..but meanwhile we are gettin a nice value in ana´s victory...in my local is ana priced 1,75 which is pretty juicy...any new info about her injury?
I don't know anything mate. If you do bet on Ivanovic, make sure you do it at a bookie who voids on retirements. Not even sure she's going to start the match, going to decide at 12pm (think that's local time) is the only thing I heard:unsure. I'm struggling to find any decent bets today, nothing really stands out:unsure

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb that´s the thing that my bookie doesn´t refund in case of retire...but ivanivic is a big warrior i think will decide but i find the odds quite temtpting will look for further info. my other choices for todays tennis matches are berdych, safina and cirstea gl

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventIvanovic - Radwanska
SelectionIvanovic
Strength10/10
Date21/02/2008
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 1.73 (Back)
ReasoningI will play this in bookie which have the rule that the whole match must be played for bet to stand.In case that Ivanovic will retire at some point.Ivanovic twisted her ankle and it's not sure if she will be fully fit.But I remember similar situation with Serena Williams at previous season Wimbledon.She twisted her ankle and somehow she managed to beat Hantuchova and then in the next round she played three set match against Henin !!! Today medicine can do great things.If Ana would be fit odds would be something like 1.20-1.30 for her win.In this case this bet looks like a value as Ivanovic is at least one level above Aga imo.

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb Ivanovic´s words after the match : "It definitely hurts a lot and I have difficulty stepping on it," Ivanovic said. "They think it might be a strain. "I have to wait and see how it reacts overnight but honestly it's very questionable for tomorrow. I'll try to recover as best I can and see if I can go on court. she may feel better today match starts in less than 1 hour...any new info pleeeeeaaaasee?

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb ISNER @ 2.25 Stan James. Taking an overview this looks really tight on Isner, but I fancy him to get the job done. Haas has been awful this year losing last week to hardcourt mug Hartfeld which is a shocking loss and struggling past Kendrick in the first round isn't good for a guy of Haas' calibre. When he's not playing well, Haas is an unforced error machine and I think that's very important in this match - because I think Isner will be able to break him. Isner has been pretty up and down since his great run in Washington - where Haas was one of his victims - but he got a decent win over Serra in the first round and if his serve is working he should be unbreakable. If it gets tight, Haas' lack of matches could be important and I just see Isner winning this one. CALLERI @ 1.72 Pinnacle. I was on Horna when these two met in Vina del Mar and he won comfortably. So it may seem strange that I choose Calleri today especially considering the prices available are very similar. However, I said at the time that it was a great spot for Horna in Chile and here not so much. After beating Calleri he lost poorly in the next round and didn't play last week so I'm not sure on his fitness. Calleri was struggling but got a morale boosting win over compatriot Monaco in the first round (Monaco may have been struggling with injury) and I think that's going to help a lot. Calleri has a decent record here and I just fancy him to get the win.

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb Salerni to beat Duque Marino, Bogata WTA @2.0 A slight worry that expekt are "laying" Salerni but still have to think these odds are good value. Salerni an experienced clay courter with a good record over the years. Duque Marino a local girl most people will never have heard of before this tourno. How can she be favourite for this match? Not even a top junior. Meusberger result reads well admittedly but that really is it. Experience should tell here unless the Columbian really is a talent.

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb Errani to beat Llagostera Vives @2.0 Bogata WTA These odds only available because of recent match where Llagostera Vives thrashed errani 2 and 0 in Chile. Stats for that match show Errani incapable of serving that day. Incredibly low serving success. She seems back on track now with some convincing wins in this tourno. She's a better player than Vives and if this time she plays to her normal level she will win.

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb Haase-Llodra I decided to backup here Haase.This young Dutchman impressed me in games against Berrer and Murray.I watch both games and he is looking ok in both and he show mental strength against Berrer when he was set downbut show no emotions and won next two.He has very good return he can cause Llodra powerful service unstable and keep pressure on him.Lllodra beat Davydenko but Russian is not in good form he is distracted by some personal issues and Haase is different type of player Davydenko cause he is much better attacker and much better on net and he will pressure Llodra from the beginning.Llodra is a player who relay a lot on his serve and in field he is nothing special.Haase also will have support of home fans who help him a lot as he admit.For me 55-45 on Haase side I expect tight match but I think that Dutch will take this. Pick:Haase win @2.23 5/10

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb Soderling-Seppi I think that Soderling is better here.He had some pause and he back in style he trashed here already Baghdatis,Verdasco and I think Seppi will get same as those two. Italian beat two favourites Nadal and Hewitt but he lost lot of strength and it is question how good he can performance here.Soderling has excellent service and he will pressure Seppi from the start and will cause him a lot of trouble.This two players have never met so far.Simply if Soderling can play like last two matches he will win here with ease. Pick:Soderling @1.5 8/10 modify_inline.gif

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb Very pleasing 2-0 yesterday:ok VOLANDRI @ 1.9 Skybet. It's really hot in BA and coming off a couple of 3 set matches I don't really fancy Calleri. He's quite an emotional guy on court, and playing at home he's bound to be pumped up and that can really take it out of you. Volandri has had a couple of nice wins over Massu and Roitman and has played some decent stuff the past couple of weeks. Volandri beat Calleri in the semis here in 2006 and I make him a decent favourite today. CHELA @ 2.5 Betfair. I can't believe I'm backing Chela, so let's think of it as opposing Almagros fitness. Almagro has played a lot of tenni slast week and this and struggled a lot against Hernandez with heat exhaustion. He also struggled last week with a stomich problem. Chela is the type that can keep him out there for a while and if it's hot again he'll really struggle. Maybe Chela is starting to play a little better too, he's got consecutive wins for the first time this year and at home maybe he can start getting it together.

Don't know I went to bed at the start of the second set:lol:lol
any verdicts on soderling match later intestity? seen someone else tipped it and i quite fancied it. long you see no real bad reason to back him then prob will, but you seem to know your stuff etc.. so thought ask

any verdicts on soderling match later intestity? seen someone else tipped it and i quite fancied it. long you see no real bad reason to back him then prob will' date=' but you seem to know your stuff etc.. so thought ask[/quote'] Yeah I like Soderling in that match. I was going to back him at 1.53 but the price has been dropping and I don't quite fancy it at 1.44. Seppi has done brialliantly this week, but both against back court grinders. This will be totally different with Soderling getting a lot of free points and he should blow Seppi away.

Very pleasing 2-0 yesterday:ok VOLANDRI @ 1.9 Skybet. It's really hot in BA and coming off a couple of 3 set matches I don't really fancy Calleri. He's quite an emotional guy on court, and playing at home he's bound to be pumped up and that can really take it out of you. Volandri has had a couple of nice wins over Massu and Roitman and has played some decent stuff the past couple of weeks. Volandri beat Calleri in the semis here in 2006 and I make him a decent favourite today. CHELA @ 2.5 Betfair. I can't believe I'm backing Chela, so let's think of it as opposing Almagros fitness. Almagro has played a lot of tenni slast week and this and struggled a lot against Hernandez with heat exhaustion. He also struggled last week with a stomich problem. Chela is the type that can keep him out there for a while and if it's hot again he'll really struggle. Maybe Chela is starting to play a little better too, he's got consecutive wins for the first time this year and at home maybe he can start getting it together.
I was on both :notworthy

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb LLODRA @ 2.56 Betfair. This just seems really big for a guy in the form that Llodra is in. Llodra is an exceptional 12-3 in singles matches this year and this week he has looked extremely good beating Dutch hopes Sluiter (who was excellent in the second set), Haase and Davydenko to avenge his Aussie Open loss. Llodra is playing with a lot of confidence, and you can see that in the tiebreaks where he is very assured. He doesn't look like losing serve, and I really can't see Karlovic breaking him, so it'll have to be in the breakers for Ivo where I'm happy to have this price on Llodra. Karlovic has shrugged off a poor start to the year by playing very well this week, but Rochus and Zverev were awful (can see that by the number of times he broke them!) but his win against Berdych was very good. Everyone knows how this match is going to go, so we just have to see who can take there chances. H2H is 2-0 to Llodra including last year indoors when Karlovic was at home in Zagreb. LI @ 1.66 Pinnacle. This week is all about dealing with the conditions, and Na Li has been that exceptionally so far. She had a struggle in the first round but since then has beaten Chakvetadze, Peer and Jankovic without dropping a set. Zvonereva has also done well winning a tough one against Schiavone, then Safina and making a comeback against Bammer. But looking critically at those last two, you can just imagine Safina going mad in the win and Bammer seemed to just collapse. Just thinking about this match I see Li being more patient and Zavonereva coming up with lots of errors. H2H is 2-0 to Li with a couple of comfortable wins on hard courts.

LLODRA @ 2.56 Betfair. This just seems really big for a guy in the form that Llodra is in. Llodra is an exceptional 12-3 in singles matches this year and this week he has looked extremely good beating Dutch hopes Sluiter (who was excellent in the second set), Haase and Davydenko to avenge his Aussie Open loss. Llodra is playing with a lot of confidence, and you can see that in the tiebreaks where he is very assured. He doesn't look like losing serve, and I really can't see Karlovic breaking him, so it'll have to be in the breakers for Ivo where I'm happy to have this price on Llodra. Karlovic has shrugged off a poor start to the year by playing very well this week, but Rochus and Zverev were awful (can see that by the number of times he broke them!) but his win against Berdych was very good. Everyone knows how this match is going to go, so we just have to see who can take there chances. H2H is 2-0 to Llodra including last year indoors when Karlovic was at home in Zagreb. LI @ 1.66 Pinnacle. This week is all about dealing with the conditions, and Na Li has been that exceptionally so far. She had a struggle in the first round but since then has beaten Chakvetadze, Peer and Jankovic without dropping a set. Zvonereva has also done well winning a tough one against Schiavone, then Safina and making a comeback against Bammer. But looking critically at those last two, you can just imagine Safina going mad in the win and Bammer seemed to just collapse. Just thinking about this match I see Li being more patient and Zavonereva coming up with lots of errors. H2H is 2-0 to Li with a couple of comfortable wins on hard courts.
Llodra wins - your write-up was almost clairvoyant :eek Na Li making VERY hard work of it with her service games :\

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb SIMON @ 2.81 Pinnacle. I think anything over 2.5 here is very nice. H2H is 1-1 both indoors early last year with lots of tie breaks which show how close these guys are. Soderling has been excellent last week and this on his comeback but this game reminds me of the Ancic one last week. Ancics defense from the back forced Soderling into a lot of errors and cause his problems on his service games. I think Simon can be similar things here especially how well he is playing this week. The last two matches against Tipsarevic and Gabashvili have been excellent - his movement and groudies have been on song - the opposition just haven't been able to get anything through him. He's serving well this week too, and in this sort of form no way he should be this much of a dog.

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb STEPANEK @ 1.84 Pinnacle. This looks a little bit generous for Radek, I think anything above 1.66 is decent value. Ginepri got a great win over Blake last night, but surely that has been factored into this price enough. Stepanek seems to have found some decent for and looks good on his serve, and when he serves when indoors he is very good. Ginepri likes a target, but the variety and spins that Stepanek uses I think will cause his problems. Ginepri too is finding form the past couple of weeks, but I don't like the scheduling much here. He's coming off a great win in a late match into an earlier match and he could be a little flat today. If he starts making errors Stepanek can really grind it out and I like Radek to get the win.