ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb I want to cancel a recommendation from SPORTS-PUNTER.COM , what do i need to do? I'm talking about the vassalo argalo pick. BET365 made a mistake in their site and wrote that the match will take place today while the truth is that the match will be tomorrow. so that changes my opinion about this match and i'm not sure if i want to take this pick...please help me with that thanx

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb

I want to cancel a recommendation from SPORTS-PUNTER.COM , what do i need to do? I'm talking about the vassalo argalo pick. BET365 made a mistake in their site and wrote that the match will take place today while the truth is that the match will be tomorrow. so that changes my opinion about this match and i'm not sure if i want to take this pick...please help me with that thanx
Email [email protected]

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb Hi Mr intensity....new to this site and the forum but i have been following your tennis picks for a while.... I have to say they are pretty impressive!!!! Who do you fancy today? Any good picks out there? Hope to hear from you soon.... keep up the good work mate!

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWozniacki - Chan
SelectionWozniacki
Strength10/10
Date18/02/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.39 (Back)
ReasoningWozniacki is talented youngster and I have a feeling that this can be her year.She made a great run in Australian Open and this will be her second WTA tournament this year.She seems to be prepared rather good for the season.Chan on the other hand seems to be a little bit out of form.So far she was winning matches over rather poor opponents and had few miserable results.Nothing special really.I believe that Caroline should win this one.

Hi Mr intensity....new to this site and the forum but i have been following your tennis picks for a while.... I have to say they are pretty impressive!!!! Who do you fancy today? Any good picks out there? Hope to hear from you soon.... keep up the good work mate!
Hi mate, thanks for the support:ok. Just having a look now, doesn't seem to be much interesting me today:unsure

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb Actually mate I found a little play and disagree! GABASHVILI @ 4.89 Pinnacle. This one looks interesting, and I wouldn't have Ferrero as short as 1.24. Ferrero is playing very well this year, but look at last year he had 8 first round losses (1 retirement) so I don't think he's that secure against a guy playing reasonable stuff. Gaba came through qualies in Marseille, got to the second round (lost to Ancic) then came through qualies here so he's playing a lot of matches indoors and could cause a big shock here. Ferrero has a good record here but hasn't played here for a few years so maybe a small question on his commitment this week? As a comparison I backed Ferrero first round last week against Lee @ 1.38 and I think Gabashvili has a better chance of beating him than Lee!

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKirilenko - Makarova
SelectionKirilenko
Strength10/10
Date18/02/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.28 (Back)
ReasoningAfter watching Kirilenko at this year AO I must say that she made a lot of improvements in her game.With that kind of game she should have no problems with beating Makarova who is just a mediocre player for me.I'm going with a more experienced and in form player in this match.Should be good for combos.

Cheers mate thanks for your help... will defo reconsider
food for thought as they say but in all honesty go with what you reckon i think you do the research and feel ferrero will win go for it (im not saying he will or he wont) although mr intestity has good record of success rate on here, so make sure to do your research before hand good luck in what you decide mate im waiting till murray gets half decent opponent and will bet vs him, who ever he gets he'll be fav and hoping he gets half decent match up in 2nd round

food for thought as they say but in all honesty go with what you reckon i think you do the research and feel ferrero will win go for it (im not saying he will or he wont) although mr intestity has good record of success rate on here, so make sure to do your research before hand good luck in what you decide mate im waiting till murray gets half decent opponent and will bet vs him, who ever he gets he'll be fav and hoping he gets half decent match up in 2nd round
Thanks for your input Wolves27.... :ok Always try and get a bit of research done myself, however mr intensity seems to be the man putting in the harder graft and always supplies a good write up... and up to this present moment is on form...Im new to this forum but am enjoying meeting other alike punters! :) As for murray everytime i bet on him or against him, he manages to screw me over so im avoiding him like the plague :@ Cheers again wolves27... good luck for the week

Actually mate I found a little play and disagree! GABASHVILI @ 4.89 Pinnacle. This one looks interesting, and I wouldn't have Ferrero as short as 1.24. Ferrero is playing very well this year, but look at last year he had 8 first round losses (1 retirement) so I don't think he's that secure against a guy playing reasonable stuff. Gaba came through qualies in Marseille, got to the second round (lost to Ancic) then came through qualies here so he's playing a lot of matches indoors and could cause a big shock here. Ferrero has a good record here but hasn't played here for a few years so maybe a small question on his commitment this week? As a comparison I backed Ferrero first round last week against Lee @ 1.38 and I think Gabashvili has a better chance of beating him than Lee!
Oh? I've gone for a straightforward 2-0 win for Ferrero purely on the basis of form and gulf in class as I see it. :unsure

Oh? I've gone for a straightforward 2-0 win for Ferrero purely on the basis of form and gulf in class as I see it. :unsure
Looking around a few forums loads of people on Ferrero or Ferrero 2-0. I haven't seen 1 other person tip Gabashvili:loon Gaba 5-4* first set at the moment;)

Looking around a few forums loads of people on Ferrero or Ferrero 2-0. I haven't seen 1 other person tip Gabashvili:loon Gaba 5-4* first set at the moment;)
7-5 Gaba 1st set. Doh. He only won 2 return points til Ferrero gifted him 3 set points. :(

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb MR INTESTIY certainly knows his stuff even if ferrero wins the match its clear to be he knew carlos would have a tough game etc... did anyone get on his tip? i didnt like the betting as dont know the other chap to well who intestity tipped good luck punters

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventCornet - Salerni
SelectionCornet
Strength10/10
Date18/02/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningAbout time for Cornet to play some matches on clay where she feels just great.Clay is for sure her favourite surface.So far this year she had some tough draws with defeats from Hantuchova, Na Li and Razzano.All played on fast surfaces.Now she will play Salerni who is not impressive at all this year.She played three matches on clay this year and her record is 1-2.Especially these matches at Fed Cup made me thinking.She was just struggling against two Austrian players whose rankings are below 300.I will back more talented Cornet here.I hope there will be no rain in Bogota.

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb I know I'm opposing 3 Argentines in Argentina! VENTURA @ 2.37 Pinnacle. Just siding with the form player here. Ventura was excellent in Vina del Mar reaching the semis then lost to Moya in 3 last week but absolutely no shame in that. He can come here refreshed and ready to get some more wins. Chela has been absolutely shocking this year for a guy ranked 25. Only win coming against King-Turner in 3 sets and really not sure what's up with him. Also nt sure why he didn't play last week - especially after the first round loss in Vina del Mar - so perhaps he's having some fitness problems? Anyway, I'd oppose Chela at the moment with a lot of guys in this draw, and Ventura is definately good enough at this price. FOGNINI @ 2.15 Sportingbet. Really surprised to see Fognini as the dog here. He's been in very solid form the past few weeks, getting to the quarters in Vina del Mar and semis in Brasil. I know he lost 6-1 6-1 to Almagro which suggests he was tired, but he's had a few days to recover from that and I think he'll be OK. If he is fully fit, then he's the better player by far. Schwank did well last year in challengers and had a couple of decent wins last week (Andreev was awful) but I just don't think he's got the same level as Fognini. Everyone knows I like Fognini and have backed him a few times the past few weeks, and willing to do so again here. HERNANDEZ @ 1.6 Pinnacle. I like Hernandez today as a decent fav. He was pretty good last week beating a tired Cuevas, Roitman and pushing Moya really hard. That should get his confidence going after a pretty poor run and he should get the job done here. Zabaleta is struggling, he last won a match in Sopot last year where he reached the second round and he's 0-5 since then having time off with some injury problems. H2H is 2-1 to Zabaleta but his wins in 2004 and Hernandez's last year in the final of a challenger.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSchnyder - Paszek
SelectionSchnyder
Strength10/10
Date19/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 1.88 (Back)
ReasoningWhat the hell :D Paszek was rated as high as 3.30 in their previous match and now suddenly she is 50/50.No way imo.Of course she can play awesome match but still it's Schnyder who is more experienced player here.And at the top of her game she is just better player than Paszek for now.I know that Patty can struggle sometimes but come on...In their previous match she was winning comfortably and then suddenly she colapsed.Imo she shouldn't make the same mistake again and she should win this one.Time for some revenge.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKnapp - Georges
SelectionGeorges
Strength10/10
Date19/02/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.22 (Back)
ReasoningGreat value imho.Knapp made it to the final of Antwerp and suddenly she is huge favourite against talented Georges.Before Antwerp Knapp played nothing special really and let's just look at her hard record 2-5 on WTA level in 3 seasons.She barely even plays on hard.Maybe Georges didn't have any decent results this year but she surely knows how to play on this kind of surface and she played rather good tournament here at Doha last year.She made it to the main draw and beat Szavay in the first round.She surely has more chances to win this one than the odds are suggesting.

Mr intensity do you have any idea why does Ginperi gets a price like this? (1.26) I don't know this Witten do you have any info about this matchup?
Do you think Ginepri should be longer or shorter?;) I know Ginepri is the type of player who very quickly can get over rated and after a good run to the semis last week a lot of people will want to back him because "he's back". I don't know too much about Witten, I've never seen him play. But looking his recent record is shocking - he won a challenger in September last year but ended the year with 3 defeats and is 1-4 this year all against very poor opposition. To be honest I can't see Ginepri losing or being troubled so that sort of price is justified. Can't have him much shorter as it's still Ginepri who has been in poor form for a long time. Sorry that's all I've got - the site I use for stats is down today so struggling to get numbers:@

thanx mr. of course i ment to ask why the price is high because as you saw' date=' this witten has a poor record with no expirence in type of matches like this.[/quote'] Right, it's because Ginepri was awful last year. Actually, just looking, he had a lot of tough draws after Wimbledon last year so maybe he wasn't playing that bad. Should have far too much for Witten.

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb NIEMINEN @ 1.7 Betfair. Nieminen looks like a solid be to start the day off. He showed some excellent form in Australia and a tight loss to Soderling last week is no shame. Verdasco hasn't shown too much form this year and had to spend some time on clay in preperation for DC a couple of weeks ago. It's never easy to change surfaces and first match up I think he'll struggle against Nieminen. Both lefties, both good indoors. H2H is 2-1 to Nieminen with Verdasco getting the last one.

Re: ATP Buenos Aires/Rotterdam/San Jose & WTA Qatar/Bogata 18th-24th Feb TIPSAREVIC @ 1.83 Stan James. I watch Tipsarevic in the first round take care of Youzhny and he was playing some excellent stuff. Anything close to a repeat of that form should take care of Simon easily. Simon looks to be over rated because of the win over Djokovic last week - but the other Serb clearly wasn't 100% and this isn't France! Think Simon got a bit lucky in the first round - was 4-2 down in the second set against Lopez before there was a long pause and Lopez struggled to get another point afterwards. Tipsarevic is a clear favourite for me and this price is decent.