** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Deja Vu OR Lets have a goal!

WorkingForTheEnemy

I wont waste much time explaining. There's already several threads around backing 1 goal or more in the football. This is something Ive done before, with medium success, and have always liked so Ive decided to get back on the bandwagon. Ill use a combination of markets on Betfair (1+ goal, lay 0-0, lay no next goalscorer) depending on prices, available markets and money available. 50pts is the starting point with all profits going on the next bet. Any withdrawls will be decided as I go along. Returns will be shown post commission. BET 1 Arsenal - Blackburn 1+ goal @ 1.06 50pts

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Deja Vu OR Lets have a goal! Thanks for the comments guys and lets hope for a long run. Although I do like this method, it can be a long process all for nothing if the eventual dreaded 0-0 comes at a bad time in accordance to any banking. Due to this I'm also going to track the profit through backing level stakes. Obviously to do this for real you'd want to use a large bank but just want to see whether it'd be worthwhile. At least all that hard work wouldn't be lost when you hit a 0-0 the game before you intended to bank. The stake shall be 100pts LEVEL STAKES Bets:1 Wins:1 SR:100% Staked: 100pts Returns:105.70pts P/L:+5.70pts Yield:5.70%

Re: Deja Vu OR Lets have a goal! A few stats for interest. These are the percentages of 0-0's in a few leagues I found lying around. English Premier: 7.3% Championship: 7.5% League One: 7.2% League Two: 4.7% Blue Square Premier: 6.5% Scottish Premier: 3.4% Division 1: 6.7% Division 2: 1.6% Division 3: 5.2% La Liga: 7.4% French League One: 14.2% Bundesliga: 6.4% Serie A: 9.1% English League Two and the Scottish Premier seems to be the places to play, with the Scottish division Two also but don't think you get the markets for that league. The French top flight looks like a big no-no.

Re: Deja Vu OR Lets have a goal! Really interesting stats on the various leagues there. I certainly wasn't aware that the Scottish Premier League could be worth a lot more investigation. I also think your monitoring of your selections to level stakes is very sensible as I have always been from the school of thought that if it doesn't make a profit to level stakes then no matter what the short term gains shown by utilising a staking plan then it will be doomed to failure.I will go back through my own selections and give details to level stakes as well.

Re: Deja Vu OR Lets have a goal! Good luck with this WFTE. Will follow with interest. I use this site for collecting stats of 0-0's http://www.h2hstats.com/soccer/lgoverview.php Click on the league and you see the number of total 0-0's for the league. Click on the goal distribution link and you get the number of 0-0's every team has had and the % total for the league. (You may of course already use that site!!) But some really good info there :ok Steve.

Re: Deja Vu OR Lets have a goal!

One for Friday. I hope Im not cursing it by saying this but found this one thanks to Steve's site tip. Only been 1 0-0 from these two teams this season. BET 5 Maritimo - Porto Back 1 or more @ 1.11 Liability 65.88pts
Well thank fcuk for that!! Was getting ready go and hide under a rock somewhere lol!! Congats on another winner!!:clap:clap Steve.

Re: Deja Vu OR Lets have a goal! It could be my undoing but Im going to try to squeeze a few out of Saturday. I'm at work all day but can access Betfair via my phone. This place doesnt work so well though so I'll post the bets up here with the current prices. If each is a winner the whole lot will go on the next one. I'll alter later if prices I take are different. BET 6 Doncaster - Leeds Lay 0-0 @ 12.0 Liability 72.71pts PROPOSED BET 7 Chester - Notts County Lay 0-0 @ 12.0 PROPOSED BET 8 Real Betis - Real Madrid Lay 0-0 @ 12.5