UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14)

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Going to try a double today with Benifca and Slavia Prague Benfica at home have a good chance to get a win here in the 1st leg, Benfica in better form than Nurnberg and for Benifca the title in Portugal is gone so they will turn there attention to this cup. Meanwhile the same can be said about Nurnberg as this would save there season as well except unlike Benfica, Nurnberg stuck in the relgation zone. Also another thing that could cause worry is the new coach factor for Nurnberg. I do expect Nurnberg to play fearless but that may play into Benfica's hands. Benfica -0.5 :hope While Slavia Prague haven't played since January, this game is at home and this is the first leg. It might be a risk because Tottenham have been competing and playing well while Slavia haven't been playing at all, but I really feel like Slavia will get a result here, not saying they will win this game although I do give them a chance but surely they can get a draw. From Tottenham's side a draw or even a narrow loss I think will be "ok" as they will have a good chance to make that up in the return leg. Slavia Prague +0.5 :hope GL To ALL! :ok

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Rosenborg - Fiorentina Another game where I will go against the favourite, Rosenborg +0,5 looks good to me ( was 2,05 an hour ago ). Despite the lack of competative games Rosenborg have good experience in the Euro Cups and had a great CL run this season. The only game they were nowhere near their opponent was at home to Chelsea - two great games vs Valencia, two good games vs Schalke ( lost both but played very well ) and close to a major upset at Stamford Bridge in their first game.. Team is very positive and relaxed, not much to lose vs a top 5 team from a much superior league. Weather certainly on their side and that terrible pitch could be a great problem for Fiore's play. Guests wouldn't mind a draw, but such approach in Norway could cause the biggest upset of the day. Just hope none of the home forwards was sold during the break, these guys completely ridiculed Valencia defense. The Over also looks good to me, but got myself badly burnt last night with Galatasaray, so I will consider it again. Agree with JC that an Over is Lisbon tonight is a very good option - attacking home team with ambitions and dangerous guests, who I saw scoring easily twice in Zenith, same Zenith who didn't give many chances to Villareal last night ( who on paper should be a better team than the Germans ) Good luck P.S. Sorry, my pick is Rosenborg +0,25, and it has gone down to 2,00.

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Soccer - Rosenborg/Fiorentina - total Over 2½ (+123) for the regulation time held on Feb 14 at 2:45pm [pending] On second thought, I like this better. It's the highest priced overs available, always a good sign. Secondly, Fiorentina concedes in almost every game, seven of last eight on away and eight of last nine at home. Rosenborg have shown they'll go after their opponents, rusty or not, and can concede with the best of them. There is always the chance in this competition that either team will score and then sit on the ball, but Rosenborg simply must get a result here if they want to survive the two-legged monster, so there's the potential for either team to get two in a close-fought match. Unlike yesterday, where I threw away a 3-unit winning day by adding other games that all lost, this will be my only play today. Best of luck to everyone

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14)

Soccer - Rosenborg/Fiorentina - total Over 2½ (+123) for the regulation time held on Feb 14 at 2:45pm [pending] On second thought, I like this better. It's the highest priced overs available, always a good sign. Secondly, Fiorentina concedes in almost every game, seven of last eight on away and eight of last nine at home. Rosenborg have shown they'll go after their opponents, rusty or not, and can concede with the best of them. There is always the chance in this competition that either team will score and then sit on the ball, but Rosenborg simply must get a result here if they want to survive the two-legged monster, so there's the potential for either team to get two in a close-fought match. Unlike yesterday, where I threw away a 3-unit winning day by adding other games that all lost, this will be my only play today. Best of luck to everyone
:) Picked this one already and added it to a patent bet with Benfica and Aberdeen. :hope:hope:hope for a better day today, good luck,ATT.......

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Atletico Madrid @ 11/8 Atletico take a trip to the Reebok, They are having a good season in La Liga, One point off third, We all know how Bolton have been this season and since the departure of Anelka they have really struggled going forward, I think the price is right for Atletico as they might not go all out first leg and be willing to take a score draw back home, However im willing to take the price and hope they play all out for the win. Bayern Munich @ 2/5 Bayern at 2/5 is pure value and is not to be missed. Bayern are top of the of the Bundesliga whilst Aberdeen are 5th in scottish premier, Aberdeen's last two home games have resulted in a 5-1 loss to celtic and 4-1 loss to Dundee United, Now surely there confidence must be low and with vistors being Bayern I see nothing but an away win. Get the job done here, and rest a few players at home, should be 1/5.

Anybody have any thoughts on Aberdeen-Bayern over 2.5 goals? I am leaning towards the over, but would like some input.
All depends on when/if bayerns 1st goal comes, if its early it could be many goals for bayern but the longer the games goes at 0 0 the more frustrated bayern get. So can't really say.

All depends on when/if bayerns 1st goal comes' date=' if its early it could be many goals for bayern but the longer the games goes at 0 0 the more frustrated bayern get. So can't really say.[/quote'] Agreed, but what approach do you think they will take to this game?

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Tottenham under 2.5 at 1.87 for me mates. why? i do not believe Slava will score more than 1 goal, and i actually believe they will not score at all. Slava with they're 4-5-1 i hope concedes no more than 2 to Tottenham. I do think Tottenham win this game but I believe the score will be 1-0 or 2-0. and if the score is 1-1 it would be no shock. better price for the Under rather than Spurs to win so i will take the under and hope no more than 2 goals.

Anybody have any thoughts on Aberdeen-Bayern over 2.5 goals? I am leaning towards the over, but would like some input.
As ScotishBhoy87 wrote Aberdeen have three very important players back to squad and that will boost their defense and midfield. You must be aware that Franck Ribery will be out too. I can't see them starting from the beginning to push ahead to score a goal, just the contrary I expect both of them will try to take the control of the game, not making any mistake and waiting for a good opportunity, when it comes. I think that "Time of First Goal - after 28 min" at 1.90 is better option than 1.80 for "Over2.5". Personally I take Nicko's bet Aberdeen +1 1/4 at 2.14. I wish you a good luck whatever you will decide to take. :hope

I have a serious stake on Bayern (asian -1.0/-1.5), as well. However, I am more confident than you, mate. First of all, the injury of Rensing (GK) is not so serious and he will play. All in all, the probable Bayern linues-up looks really strong, too strong for medicore Aberdeen! According to Bild.de bayernvl8.jpg
Thanks mate, good luck tonight. Im going to watch the game now, come on Bayern. :hope

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) According to http://www.thisisfootball.co.uk/Display.aspx?MatchId=2940732 here are official start-up lines: Aberdeen: Langfield, Maybury, Diamond, Considine, Mair, Nicholson, Walker, Severin, Aluko, Mackie, Miller Sub: Soutar, Lovell, Touzani, Smith, Maguire, Bus, De Visscher Bayern: Rensing, Lell, Lucio, Demichelis, Jansen, Altintop, Ottl, Ze Roberto, Schweinsteiger, Toni, Klose Sub: Kraft, Podolski, Schlaudraff, Sosa, Lahm, Breno, Kroos

As ScotishBhoy87 wrote Aberdeen have three very important players back to squad and that will boost their defense and midfield. You must be aware that Franck Ribery will be out too. I can't see them starting from the beginning to push ahead to score a goal, just the contrary I expect both of them will try to take the control of the game, not making any mistake and waiting for a good opportunity, when it comes. I think that "Time of First Goal - after 28 min" at 1.90 is better option than 1.80 for "Over2.5". Personally I take Nicko's bet Aberdeen +1 1/4 at 2.14. I wish you a good luck whatever you will decide to take. :hope
Must admit I took +1,5 at 1,90 ( and the Over ), still looking good...I am not after-posting, it is in the midweek bets :) P.S. I was thinking to play safe and ''protect'' my bet on the in-play, but that cost me extra 35 points last night... instead I will put a small one on Aberdeen to score the fifth, arrogance might pay off, as it is at 7,00 atm...

Aberdeen - Bayern Still, I have seen at least 10 games of Bayern this season and when they are given hard battle scoring might be a problem for them. Altintop and Schweinsteiger were quiet against Werder, and if Aberdeen manage to close some of Ze Roberto's game, then sooner or later Bayern should start going forward with long balls - the Scots will feel better with that. My second point is that the multi - million players of Bayern do not fancy rough defending for many reasons, Bayern has to calculate more now as of the long season - strong competition at home for the title, UEFA Cup which I am sure they want, injury list, etc. And #3 - just can't get that Bolton game in Munich out of my mind. Will be no surprise if guests settle for a draw or a one-goal victory...
4 sweet points won, good start for me, but most important is that I am no longer sorry missing an outright bet on Bayern to win this Cup. They still might, but they are not convincing and at least 3 other clubs in this competition look better atm...

Hi all, In relation to the Aberdeen - Bayern Munich game this evening, Reports in Scotland are suggesting that Zander Diamond ( Aberdeen's main center back ) will be fit for this evenings clash with the Germans. This will be a huge boost to the squad ahead of what has been described as one of the clubs bigest games of the season, and certainly the biggest European game in many years. Barry Nicholson is also been passed fit along with Andrew Considine, both again integral parts of the Aberdeen team ( Center midfileder and Center Half respectivly ). This should again give the team a much needed boost. Darren Mackie has also been passed fit and although I do not rate him that highly he does possess some pace to give the German deenders some troubles and also gives the Aberdeen defence an outball in that he'll chase everything. From the same report, it suggests the Germans will be without Franck Ribery, Willy Sangol, Mark Van Bommel and Daniel van Buyten. These are arguably four of thier main players for games such as this. Both teams have their injury worries and could it be possible Munich travel up to the north of Scotland, in a windy and cold Pitodrie, full of fanatical Aberdeen fans and decide a draw would not be such a bad result.? The Germans know they should win comfortably back in Munich, so I think Nicko's bet is the pick of the bunch at the moment. Hope this write up helps some punters decisions and good luck all :ok
Hope I saved some people some money and well done to Nicko :ok

I like the bets' date=' esp the first...I'd like to point out though that everyone thought the same thing about Zenit yesterday, and I watched the game, very impressed by how hard they chased after everything, showed great touch and kept the ball in the Villareal half for much of the game. Granted, some of the other teams that have had a long break looked bad, too, but I'd say you never know...[/quote'] Thanks allthethings, but it was a bad week in the UEFA Cup for me. Better luck next week. What a week in the UEFA Cup... JC