UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14)

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14)

JC, Sanogo is returning is back for Werder today and Almedia is also back
impressivegol, All reports that I had said Almeida wouldn't play because of personal reasons and Sonogo was not available yet (after being in the African Cup). Oh well, Bremen is up 1-0 and Braga already missed a penalty kick :sad...I hope they do come back into the game. JC

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My picks for today in the UEFA Cup: Bremen-Braga Bremen is the favorite to win this round of the UEFA Cup but it shouldn't be easy as Braga is a good Portuguese team with experienced players. Braga is not in very good form lately (theyu haven't won a signle game in their last 6 with 2 losses and 4 draws) but they only had one loss that was heavy and that was away against Porto (a hard game to any team) where they had a horrible day and lost 4-0. Bremen is not in very good shape as well and between friendlies (Bundesliga was on winter break) and Bundelisga games they have 2 draws and 4 losses in their last 6. Also, they're expected to be without strikers Hugo Almeida and Sonogo. Maybe Bremen will even win, but I don't expect that to be by over 1 goal margin. My pick: away 1.5AH (Asian Handicap); lost Good luck! JC
Pathetic (to say the least) performance by Braga tonight making it easy for Bremen to score their goals and missing two (yes, TWO) penalty kicks in (1st half) one game :wall:wall:wall JC

My picks for today in the UEFA Cup: Sporting-Basel Sporting is the clear favorite here but they've been far from impressive in the last couple of months and surely Basel didn't travel to Lisbon just to go sightseeing...Basel has not lost a game yet in the UEFA Cup where they only allowed 1 goal in 4 games and it was against Hamburg when they were only playing with 10 men. Also, winger Carlitos (a Portuguese under-21 International and former Benfica player) seems to be in good shape and eager to make an impression tonight. My pick: away +1AH; lost Good luck! JC
Sporting game is also over (2-0 final result). Not a very good day for me in football/soccer. Tomorrow is another day. JC

Well for tonight i have picked Marseille and PSV to win. Marseille is going really good now with Cisse scoring alot of goals. And Spartak Moscow is a team with some problems right now so 1.91 looks really good! PSV is right now the best team in their league. I am Swedish and i know that Helsingborg will play with two 19 years old central defenders. And theese two guys have no experiece from big matches. So the 1.36 on PSV looks good to me.
Marseille - Spartak Moscow 3-0 PSV - Helsingborg 2-0 Wee both my picks was right. Feels good :)

Can anyone tell me if Benfica will take this Cup seriously?
Yes, my friend, they will... WIth a 10 points gap for the first place, this is the place where they can save the season... They will take all their weapons to this game...

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Had a very large bet on Bayern to win at Aberdeen tomorow night and although I still think theyll win I am starting to regret how much I have put on. Kahn, their no1 keeper has been sent home while their relacement injured his back whilst tying his laces (im serious) so this means a 41 year old who has no european experience is likely to start between the sticks. Before I placed the bet I was told Aberdeen would be without a few of their most influential players, who are now fit to start. As already mentioned, I also think they may be happy with a draw or even take a 1-0 loss back home and win the 2nd leg with ease. Hope im wrong.

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) I would agree that Benfica would take the UEFA Cup, more seriously now as Porto have pretty much taken another Portugese Liga title. Benfica have been pretty non competitive in the competition and really should perform as best as they can in the UEFA Cup. Last game they played in the La liga was not good and i hope they do perform well tonight against Nurnberge.

Had a very large bet on Bayern to win at Aberdeen tomorow night and although I still think theyll win I am starting to regret how much I have put on. Kahn' date=' their no1 keeper has been sent home while their relacement injured his back whilst tying his laces (im serious) so this means a 41 year old who has no european experience is likely to start between the sticks. Before I placed the bet I was told Aberdeen would be without a few of their most influential players, who are now fit to start. As already mentioned, I also think they may be happy with a draw or even take a 1-0 loss back home and win the 2nd leg with ease. Hope im wrong.[/quote'] I have a serious stake on Bayern (asian -1.0/-1.5), as well. However, I am more confident than you, mate. First of all, the injury of Rensing (GK) is not so serious and he will play. All in all, the probable Bayern linues-up looks really strong, too strong for medicore Aberdeen! According to Bild.de bayernvl8.jpg

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Aberdeen - Bayern Decided to go against the majority here, my bet will be Aberdeen + 1,25 at 2,10. A convincing win by guests looks very likely in view of the 1,33 odds and the status of both clubs, clearly in favour of Munich. An early dive by Toni or some magic by Ze Roberto could turn this game into another thrashing for Aberdeen. Another fact against my pick is that here Brits give no chance whatsoever for a good game by Aberdeen, these guys certainly know much more than I do about Aberdeen.... Still, I have seen at least 10 games of Bayern this season and when they are given hard battle scoring might be a problem for them. Altintop and Schweinsteiger were quiet against Werder, and if Aberdeen manage to close some of Ze Roberto's game, then sooner or later Bayern should start going forward with long balls - the Scots will feel better with that. My second point is that the multi - million players of Bayern do not fancy rough defending for many reasons, Bayern has to calculate more now as of the long season - strong competition at home for the title, UEFA Cup which I am sure they want, injury list, etc. And #3 - just can't get that Bolton game in Munich out of my mind. Will be no surprise if guests settle for a draw or a one-goal victory... So I hope! And good luck to everyone. From the posts here it is obvious a lot of people need that Bayern win badly...

Aberdeen - Bayern Decided to go against the majority here, my bet will be Aberdeen + 1,25 at 2,10. A convincing win by guests looks very likely in view of the 1,33 odds and the status of both clubs, clearly in favour of Munich. An early dive by Toni or some magic by Ze Roberto could turn this game into another thrashing for Aberdeen. Another fact against my pick is that here Brits give no chance whatsoever for a good game by Aberdeen, these guys certainly know much more than I do about Aberdeen.... Still, I have seen at least 10 games of Bayern this season and when they are given hard battle scoring might be a problem for them. Altintop and Schweinsteiger were quiet against Werder, and if Aberdeen manage to close some of Ze Roberto's game, then sooner or later Bayern should start going forward with long balls - the Scots will feel better with that. My second point is that the multi - million players of Bayern do not fancy rough defending for many reasons, Bayern has to calculate more now as of the long season - strong competition at home for the title, UEFA Cup which I am sure they want, injury list, etc. And #3 - just can't get that Bolton game in Munich out of my mind. Will be no surprise if guests settle for a draw or a one-goal victory... So I hope! And good luck to everyone. From the posts here it is obvious a lot of people need that Bayern win badly...
I was in munich watching that game and i was suprised that bayern was so poor, they are ok attacking and ribery is ******* amazing but their defense didn't look too great, conceding 2 goals against bolton when diouf or anelka isn't in the team is bad. Fantastic result for us but aberdeen... can't see them doing much, its all down to bayern to get a goal, if they do it i can only see a bayern win.

I was in munich watching that game and i was suprised that bayern was so poor' date=' they are ok defending and ribery is ******* amazing but their defense didn't look too great, conceding 2 goals against bolton when diouf or anelka isn't in the team is bad. Fantastic result for us but aberdeen... can't see them doing much, its all down to bayern to get a goal, if they do it i can only see a bayern win.[/quote'] True, but with that pick I am covered if Bayern win by one goal, and I simply liked the odds against Bayern. A draw or one-goal win won't be the end of the world to the Germans, and at 2,10 I am tempted as I do not see Aberdeen risking an open play from the start... Now, if Bavarians score early, that might be another 5-1....I don't see much creativity in midfield without the Frenchman though, and with balls through the center or long balls on paper Aberdeen do have a chance for an ''honourable'' result Anyway good luck to you :hope

I was in munich watching that game and i was suprised that bayern was so poor' date=' they are ok attacking and ribery is ******* amazing but their defense didn't look too great, conceding 2 goals against bolton when diouf or anelka isn't in the team is bad. Fantastic result for us but aberdeen... can't see them doing much, its all down to bayern to get a goal, if they do it i can only see a bayern win.[/quote'] Reports are Ribery back.... Bayern winning stats with ribery toni and klose all playing are nothing short of spectacular... I think you all have not 2 many probs here...:ok

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Does anyone know if new signing Makukula will play for Benfica tonight? And has Hamburg taken a full squad to Zurich?Zurich's season has just restarted and they sold their top scorer in january so i am thinking of going against them if hamburg are taking this seriously.

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Hi all, In relation to the Aberdeen - Bayern Munich game this evening, Reports in Scotland are suggesting that Zander Diamond ( Aberdeen's main center back ) will be fit for this evenings clash with the Germans. This will be a huge boost to the squad ahead of what has been described as one of the clubs bigest games of the season, and certainly the biggest European game in many years. Barry Nicholson is also been passed fit along with Andrew Considine, both again integral parts of the Aberdeen team ( Center midfileder and Center Half respectivly ). This should again give the team a much needed boost. Darren Mackie has also been passed fit and although I do not rate him that highly he does possess some pace to give the German deenders some troubles and also gives the Aberdeen defence an outball in that he'll chase everything. From the same report, it suggests the Germans will be without Franck Ribery, Willy Sangol, Mark Van Bommel and Daniel van Buyten. These are arguably four of thier main players for games such as this. Both teams have their injury worries and could it be possible Munich travel up to the north of Scotland, in a windy and cold Pitodrie, full of fanatical Aberdeen fans and decide a draw would not be such a bad result.? The Germans know they should win comfortably back in Munich, so I think Nicko's bet is the pick of the bunch at the moment. Hope this write up helps some punters decisions and good luck all :ok

Does anyone know if new signing Makukula will play for Benfica tonight? And has Hamburg taken a full squad to Zurich?Zurich's season has just restarted and they sold their top scorer in january so i am thinking of going against them if hamburg are taking this seriously.
He will be on the starting eleven

Can anyone tell me if Benfica will take this Cup seriously?
Players speak about making it to the final (ambition)...coach Camacho says for everybody to take it easy and one game at the time. But yes, they will be full power tonight except for midfielders Binya (just returned from Africa Cup of Nations) and Maxi Pereira (injured).
Does anyone know if new signing Makukula will play for Benfica tonight?
That's one of the question marks for tonight's game. All seems to indicate that Camacho will include both Cardozo and Makukula upfront...but still not certain... :cheers JC

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) My picks for today in the UEFA Cup: Benfica-Nurnberg Benfica is the clear favorite here but their recent form is far from impressive despite the 4-1 victory of Paços de Ferreira over the weekend. Today they will probably play with Petit, Rui Costa, Katsouranis and Christian Rodriguez in midfield and Makukula and Cardozo upfront. While they're all extraordinary players IMO, none of them is fast...so I have my doubts how this is going to work against a German side that will try to impress his new coach and will surely defend hard and look for goals in a corner kick or free kick where they can create danger in particular from stars Charisteas (who scored the winning goal for Greece in this stadium in the Euro 2004 final against Portugal) and recently signed Czech International Koeller. Benfica scored in 6 of their last 10 games. Nurnberg scored in 9 of their last 10 games where they have also 7 "overs". I see Benfica as the favorite but IMO there's better value in taking the "over" bet. My pick: over 2.5; Rosenborg-Fiorentina Rosenborg was on winter break for a while so I think they might lack physical condition in the 2nd half for a match like this. They have 6 "overs" in their last 10 games and also scored in 8 of those. Fiorentina is having a very good season. They had 7 "overs" in their last 10 and scored in 9 of those games. I see clear value in taking the over bet here. My pick: over 2.25; Good luck! JC

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Bayern Munich -1.5 Aberdeen come into this game with a host of injuries and a poor result against Celtic on the weekend. Bayern will be disappointed with there draw with Bremen which they dominated, so look them to make the most of the Scottish side plagued with problems. Though Bayern have some injuries, they have too much class for Aberdeen Hamburg Zurich have been disappointing in their domestic league having lost 3 of their last 4 including on the weekend to St Gallen. Hamburg have won their last 3 on the road in this competition so they like to play in the road. While they have a few players missing, they do have van der vaart playing and this playmaker has been very good for them lately. Defesnsively they are quite solid and don't allow many goals in. Fiorentina Rosenborg will come into this game having finished their domestic season back in November. Their lack of reguakr macth practice should tell here against an in form Fiorentina side that also sees the return of Mutu to their lineup. Fiorentina have too many good players for Rosenborg who should find it hard to contain the speed of Fiorentina's attacks. Tottenham Slavia Prague are just coming out of their winter break so look to them being a bit rusty in this game especially agaisnt a Spurs side that has played all through winter and now are starting to play some good consistent football. Spurs defeated Derby 3-0 on the weekend and have looked more solid at the back recently while still attacking with the same flair

Re: UEFA Cup (Feb 13-14) Fiorentina in good form in the italian league while Rosenberg are rested for the season. At first fiorentina looked a good choice, but however the odds on them seems to be increasing gradually. Not able to find any reason after searching around. Anyone aware of any latest negative news that could be causing the movement.:cheers

My picks for today in the UEFA Cup: Benfica-Nurnberg Benfica is the clear favorite here but their recent form is far from impressive despite the 4-1 victory of Paços de Ferreira over the weekend. Today they will probably play with Petit, Rui Costa, Katsouranis and Christian Rodriguez in midfield and Makukula and Cardozo upfront. While they're all extraordinary players IMO, none of them is fast...so I have my doubts how this is going to work against a German side that will try to impress his new coach and will surely defend hard and look for goals in a corner kick or free kick where they can create danger in particular from stars Charisteas (who scored the winning goal for Greece in this stadium in the Euro 2004 final against Portugal) and recently signed Czech International Koeller. Benfica scored in 6 of their last 10 games. Nurnberg scored in 9 of their last 10 games where they have also 7 "overs". I see Benfica as the favorite but IMO there's better value in taking the "over" bet. My pick: over 2.5; Rosenborg-Fiorentina Rosenborg was on winter break for a while so I think they might lack physical condition in the 2nd half for a match like this. They have 6 "overs" in their last 10 games and also scored in 8 of those. Fiorentina is having a very good season. They had 7 "overs" in their last 10 and scored in 9 of those games. I see clear value in taking the over bet here. My pick: over 2.25; Good luck! JC
I like the bets, esp the first...I'd like to point out though that everyone thought the same thing about Zenit yesterday, and I watched the game, very impressed by how hard they chased after everything, showed great touch and kept the ball in the Villareal half for much of the game. Granted, some of the other teams that have had a long break looked bad, too, but I'd say you never know...