** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Snooker: Welsh Open

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open

Ok on to tommorows matches ROBERTSON vs Cope 4/6 Not a bad price here, i think robertson will win this without too much pressure on him. cope struggled today only just beating michie 5 4 and robertson will just be too good for him, he won't cope... ;) FU vs gunnell @ 2/5, Always liked fu and this is nailed on for me and useful in maybe a double with i'm looking at maybe stevens?, Fu is just too strong.
Robertson 5 Cope 1 - Just how i expected, great win and im happy with the profits :clap Fu 5 Gunnell 3 - Started off worrying but then fu's strengths shone through, not a walk over but he did it in the end, not good enough odds for the single and dale ruined it unfortunatly Tommorows matches to follow

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcculloch won 5:1 fu won 5:3 begginers luck...hope to contunue same way:)
Nice going mate. Awful day for me. 2 losers. -23.33 now. I'll go with 2 on Wednesday. 10pts A.Higginson to beat S.Lee 11/8 Totesport Andrew Higginson obviously enjoys playing at the Newport Centre. He made the final here last year and should really have beaten Neil Robertson having led 8-7 in that final and he's come back this year and already beaten Anthony Hamilton, hitting a century in the process. He made 3 other half centuries in an impressive performance. Stephen Lee looked like he'd returned to form in the Masters with his run to the final there but he showed in Malta last week that it appears to have been a one off and with Higginson having the game under his belt here I think he'll turn over Stephen Lee. 10pts M.Fu to beat M.Williams 5/6 Boylesports There's no way these 2 can be joint favourites even in Williams' homeland. Marco Fu is just playing too well this season. Williams is in next to no form at all and if there for the taking. Fu's a real solid player who will be in the top 16 next season and a couple of wins here will push him up the provisional rankings further. He came through a tough match with Adrian Gunnell on Tuesday but he'll improve from that. Williams won't need the crowd's expectation and pressure on him either given that he's not playing well and at 5/6 Fu simply has to be the call in this one.

Not sure if you've heard but commentators keep going on about Higgins being ill in Malta and only coming back yesterday:unsure
i didnt know how bad it was as i was mainly watching it online whilst listening to the football so snooker was on mute lol but i knew the other player isnt particularly good, and couldnt see him putting more than 2frames max together at one stage odds of 1/1 on higgins to beat some average tour player at only 2-0 down is great odds in my opinion as mentioned above cant wait for dings v higgins odds. whats everyone thoughts for tommorow? im liking stephen lee 8/13 - although i dont trust him 100% for some reason so stake 7/10 o'sullivan -2.5 10/11 - he believes he is in good nick and good concentration, after last few tourneys im expecting a rapant o'sullivan in the first game stake 10/10 im thinking fu as well but im going to leave it at those two and wait to see later in tourney for more picks

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open DING V CAMPBELL -2.5 1.813 PINNACLE 2/10 Ding found his game and now hes the heavyest scorer in the game at the moment(imo)when among the balls finish frame in one visit... Campbell is solid matchplayer but doesnt score heavily need many chanses to win a frame... Ding when meet opponent which is not at his level often produces good games and can win with a magrine...this margine is big but the class difference is too just can see him wining this comfortybly only problem is his mental sitiation because he was pretty childlish in match against Murphy carelles is the best word for his game in second session but Murphy put pressure on him Campbell will need performance of his life to do the same.. good luck

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open FU vs Williams - I'm backing fu here, Fu looking in form and williams looking out of it. Marco fu impressed me in the malta cup beating stephen lee and swail 5 1 in both games, 3 3 with robertson and narrowly losing to the eventual runner up docherty 4 2. Williams however lost 6 0 to ding, lost 4 2 to dale, drew with ebdon but did beat dott 4 2. Fu win. HENDRY vs Holt - Hendry looks to be coming back in to form again, recently looked good beating selby and drago 4 2 at the malta cup and also drawing with maguire only to lose to the eventual winner, murphy. I have got hendry to win the quater and he must beat holt, 31st in the ranking who only just beat delaney 55th in the rankings! Not a bad price either, will include hendry in a double. I also like lee but these are main two. Maybe Hendry in double with ding/ronnie

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Mmmm, I agree Kev:$:$ HIGGINSON @ 2.37 totesport. I've said quite a few times in the past few weeks I don't like Lee and this is a great chance to oppose him. He was shocking in Malta and I'm sure that Masters run was a fluke. Higginson was brilliant here last year reaching the final and nearly beating Robertson, but he hasn't done much since. I'm not concerned by that, as he was great in his first match against Hamilton and perhaps playing here again has got him going. Some players lay a lot better in certain venues (i.e. Perry @ York) and I think we have a case of that here. Great price on something I think should be close to evens. FU @ 1.83 Boylesports. This seems quite a strange price considering the form of the players this season. Fu has been solid all season and already having a match here is a big plus. Williams' form is tough to analyse, in parts lately he has looked good but still misses too many balls and have to question his mental state lately talking of retiring and struggles to stay in the top 32. I have to make Fu a clear favourite here, and this is a nice price.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Thats exactly why ill probably end up leaving this bet, higginson has done nothing since he got to final. Lee didn't do much in malta but i think hes the better player, not a great break builder but grinds out results. Too risky to bet higginson for me, i actually think lee will nick it but itll be a close un.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open +2.5 from the matches so far but -9.5 overall with all my outrights going out yesterday. Just the one today although it would not surprise me if Holt pushes Hendry close but he is too unreliable to back: Fu 5/6 10 pts. Should be the clear fav. imo. Williams is not the force of old and his ranking is dropping alarmingly. Nevermind the dropping out of the top 16, Williams could be out of the top 32 soon and there are indeed stories that he is questioning his future in the game. Fu meanwhile is having his best year on the circuit and that has shown little signs of stopping during the whole year. He overcame Gunnell in round 1 and 5/6 is generous imo that he can beat Williams next.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Changed my mind and doing one more: Perry 11/8 10 pts Think Perry is a bit overpriced against Ebdon. The type of match where there might not be too much in it but Perry, much like Ebdon, is normally solid. Provisionally he is in with a good chance of a top 16 place and that is because of consistently winning a match or two at each event after Shanghai this season and arrives into this match having beaten Parrott easily enough. You generally know what you are going to get with Ebdon although saying that he had a shocker in the masters against Lee and a performance like that and Perry should win but nonetheless Perry @ 11/8 is a bit big imo.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Im a bit baffled why everyone is behind Higginson. I personally think Stephen Lee is a great bet, ignore his form in Malta Ill excuse anyones performance over there and Ive always thought it to be a bit of a Mickey Mouse tournament regardless of its status. Had a great run at the Masters beating some solid players along the way, former world champions in the shape of Dott and Ebdon. Maybe got a tad excited being in a final for the first time in ages but if his head is screwed on Lee is a dangerous opponent to anyone, let alone Higginson whos only real achievement to date was an appearnace in last years final in this very tournament. I personally feel that because of that Lee has been priced too high at 4/6, id make him a 2/5 or maybe a 1/2 shot at best to take this. Ken Doherty seems to have rediscovered his enthusiasm for the game and has been playing well of late. Id take him to beat Alan McManus today and although 1/2 is short, he is fancied to come through. Malta aside where he played consistently well, he had a good run in the Masters before being ousted in the semis to eventual winner Mark Selby - expect to see more of Doherty in the latter stages of tournaments over the next 18 months. Im having an afternoon double on the above. Im definately jumping on the Marco Fu bandwagon - when are the bookies going to start quoting realistic prices on Williams?? Not the player he once was, struggling mentally, never the greatest break builder in the world anyway and with the standard of Snooker today you have to be able to play one visit Snooker - I think those days are now beyond the Welshman. Fu @ 5/6 looks a cracking price to me, even in a race to 5 where you have to be cautious of backing anyone with serious stakes as it can be a minefield. Wishing everyone a profitable day and evening :) LSL

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open When opinions are split it's best to leave alone but i'm opposite to you wolves he made me money in the masters as i backed him all the way more or less except the final were i had a feeling selby would win. Not this time though, he was poor in malta so its put me off a little but i don't think hell lose here.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Agreed Lee can be frustrating. I think that if you price a game up yourself and the odds being offered are out by a certain tolerance its worth further thought. Nobody can argue against Lee being a better match player than Higginson, if they do then Id like to see an argument too prove it. Your own opinion is what matters, although others should never be dismissed. 1-1 after 2 frames, little fluency by the looks of things at present.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open so far so good on my sullivan tip of -2.5 he 3-1 up at interval and looks like he may pull off the result i need him to here. next frame important for my bet. 4-1 up means he has to win one out of 2 to win my bet come on ronnie :-p my other tip in higgins in running came good in the end. any thoughts on the later games guys?

Agreed Lee can be frustrating. I think that if you price a game up yourself and the odds being offered are out by a certain tolerance its worth further thought. Nobody can argue against Lee being a better match player than Higginson' date=' if they do then Id like to see an argument too prove it.[/quote'] I completely agree mate. Lee is the better player, of course he is. What's this his 10th season in the top 16? Must be something like that. I thought Higginson was a good bet because he had the game under his belt and played well in it. Generally in these best of 9 run of the mill ranking events this round, the last 32 sees a lot of shocks in terms of the seeds going out and I think it's because their opponents have already played a match. In the end though, although looking good at 3-1 Lee's experience seemed to come through. I really need a Fu win now :lol.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Another bad day. Another day with 2 frame leads turned into defeat :wall. I'm going to push the boat out on Thursday and go with 4. 10pts J.Perry to beat S.Bingham 8/11 VC Joe Perry is playing some good snooker at the minute. He hit 3 half centuries in beating John Parrott on Tuesday and then upped it against Peter Ebdon where 2 centuries helped him win 5-1. Stuart Bingham showed a lot of fighting qualities to beat Stephen Maguire and knocked in a couple of decent breaks in the process but having trailed Maguire 4-2 he should've gone out. Perry is playing good snooker and if things don't go his way in the balls, he'll get out with good safety and good match snooker. A win for Perry consolidates his top 16 prospects and I think he'll win this. 10pts D.Junhui to beat J.Higgins 5/6 Skybet Ding edged his way past Marcus Campbell in the last round but he never plays well against the lesser players so I'm prepared to forget that performance and remember the Ding who made 3 centuries in 3 frames against Peter Ebdon in Malta last week. Higgins wasn't much more impressive in beating David Roe and word among the commentators is that Higgins was a bit unwell. Ding beat Higgins at the Masters last month and I expect him to seriously up his game and beat him again here. 10pts K.Doherty to beat M.Selby 11/10 Boylesports Ken Doherty is back playing some good snooker and in his 1st match rode the storm which Alan McManus threw at him and came through fairly comfortably in the end. Mark Selby easily saw off Dave Harold in the last round but among his comments in Malta last week he admitted he hadn't put in the practice hours since winning the Masters. He won't have had no time between Malta and here to put some hours in so Doherty, who made the final in Malta could be in better shape here. Both are tough match players who are solid in all aspects of the game. Doherty should've won when these two met at the Masters last month but missed a great chance in the decider. This one could go all the way too but I think Doherty will prevail this time. 10pts M.Judge to beat S.Lee 6/4 VC I really shouldn't get involved in a Stephen Lee match again but at this price I'm almost committed to. Stephen Lee beat Andrew Higginson in the last round but until the last frame he didn't hit a break over 40. Michael Judge struggled against a woeful Graeme Dott who at one stage broke off and missed the reds completely but Judge beat him in a decider. He did have a couple of decent breaks though to suggest he's in some kind of nick. Lee will try and keep this tight but with Judge having seen to Nigel Bond and Graeme Dott he'll be used to that by now and at 6/4 against a guy who played 8 frames without a 50 break, Judge is the call here.

Changed my mind and doing one more: Perry 11/8 10 pts Think Perry is a bit overpriced against Ebdon. The type of match where there might not be too much in it but Perry, much like Ebdon, is normally solid. Provisionally he is in with a good chance of a top 16 place and that is because of consistently winning a match or two at each event after Shanghai this season and arrives into this match having beaten Parrott easily enough. You generally know what you are going to get with Ebdon although saying that he had a shocker in the masters against Lee and a performance like that and Perry should win but nonetheless Perry @ 11/8 is a bit big imo.
Nice price there Woody. To win 5-1 was a terrific result, well done :ok

Nice price there Woody. To win 5-1 was a terrific result' date=' well done :ok[/quote'] Thanks for that. +6.25 in the matches now but -5.75 overall. Tomorrow: Perry 8/11 10 pts Perry must be playing some very good snooker to beat Ebdon 5-1 and the fact he is knocking in half centuries and centuries aplenty indicate some proof to that statement. At this rate he will be in the top 16 next season and he may be a serious challenger for the title this week. Bingham is a capable player who often produces good results in the qualifiers and the early stages of an event but when it comes to the crunch end the tournaments he rarely seems to shine so far and even though he will be pretty pleased to overcome Maguire from being behind, he may well be up against it versus Perry. Doherty 11/10 10 pts I think this is priced up similarly to when Doherty played Selby in the Masters and just lost due to a strangely badly thought out shot by the Irishman when he had first chance in the deciding frame and in the balls. Since then Selby thrased Lee in the final before not quite producing in Malta unlike Ken who had a good run to the final there. I can see why Selby is the slight fav on his current form but Ken too is playing very well, he came back well against McManus and he will want to put a run together in a ranking event as he is borderline top 16 provisionally at the moment. I will take him as the 'outsider' here. Day 11/10 10 pts Day got better as his match with Allen went on. He won the last 4 frames to win and knocked in a few half centuries to boot. Hendry came up against the enigmatic Holt and Holt completely lost the plot really having left Hendry requiring two snookers in the opening frame, only to give them to him and then when Hendry missed a realatively easy black of its spot for the frame, present him with another chance. He played some half decent stuff in that and got a few half centuries but the fact is he is not the force of old, he does clinch frames in one visit like he used too and Day has more than enough ability to beat him.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open right im now slightly down for the tournement, hit two winners so far in higgins in running and robertson both who lumped on. was doing fine although couple loses till fu, who i stupidly lumped on to recover some of -2.5 ding money! today im going with o'sulliavan -2.5 basically any other player i prob wouldnt do this, but fell o'sullivan will win by least 2frames (cant see it going to decider) 4/6 i got on this which i like as bet of the day ding junhui 4/6 wouldnt be suprised to see him win convincley by 4 or 5 frames, but wouldnt be suprised to see him go out just depends what mood he is in, really need him to get early start as tends to drop his head if not going all his own way. but odds 4/6 this early vs higgins who is currently ill and bit out of sorts vs poor player the other day seems great value robertson 8/15 did me no harm in 1st round, generally does alright here, nice price as well considering pretty routine victory