** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Snooker: Welsh Open

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Ok 2 stand out hugely today and i'm snapping up both along with maybe robertson and lee J.Perry v S.Bingham - Perry is in top form atm hammering ebdon 5 1 yesterday and easily beating parrot in the round before, Bingham himself has been doing well beating selt 5 2 and maguire 5 4. I think this will be the end for bingham though, perry is the better player and maguire wasn't good at all yesterday so ill be taking this. D.Junhui v J.Higgins - ooo exciting higgins was awful the other day but came back to win, ding also struggled but higgins hasn't convinced me over his recent matches whilst ding has been going along steadily. Ding will come out on top for me! Other predictions are: o'sullivan win Docherty win Robertson win lee win hendry win murphy win

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Only one bet for me today, the Wizard of Wishaw. Ive just taken him at 9/1 to win the tournament, will be value if he progresses past Ding today which I fully expect him to do. He in the opposite side of the draw to Ronnie and I just think he has the beating of all comers in his side of the draw this week. Stunned too see Williams fight back against Fu yesterday, although I admired watching him get over the line as it was a massive game for him in the context of his ranking position. Would like to see him go well from now on so ill be leaving his game with Murphy well alone. John Higgins has to be backed at odds against today against Ding. Hes the current World Champion, unbelievably consistent and still to this day improving when in among the balls. Yes this warrants a close book, but id take Higgins to edge this every day of the week. Slightly worried by his general health - he was feeling sick and ropey against Roe. Ive heard he feels miles better after a day off - you could argue Higgins shouldnt be odds against palying anyone in the world. For all of Dings credentials I still feel hes too short too back in any tournament - hes not 2nd favourite in my book and too stumble over the line against Marcus Campbell again doesn't inspire me much. I was tempted to put Doherty up as a selection, hes on form and finished well against Selby however you cant get away from the Selby factor over the last few months - hes developed into a real world class match player. This could go either way and the bookies seem spot on so no bet for me. I was kind of hoping that Ryan Day would be more around the 6/4 mark but the bookies arent giving away much. Ill be looking for Hendry too start fast and hopefully the punters on betfair will over-exagerrate. Im sure if Hendry wins the opener he will shorten to something ridiculous like 1/3 and if that scenario happens its the only point in which Ill be getting involved in this one. All about Higgins today.............and for the rest of the week in my opinion.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open i glad i dont live on snooker bets for a living lol so far in this tournement and masters i took quite pasting in the end so far this week i had big bets come in on higgins in 1st match in running and robertson 1st match both tidy wins y'day bought no joy in 3matches, and made it worst i tipped lee, but in the end chickened out as he is to unpredictable, yes he won today no winner in o'sullivan -2.5, robertson and junhui all my bets i have either seem to lose after being in very secure position to win my bet i.e least 2 frames ahead and being favourite for frames or just got hammered into 5-1 defeat tommorow im not betting yet and may do in running 1s to find the better player im glad theres other sports to bet on currently lol

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open My horror show in this event continues. I'm now -66.13 but Hendry is hanging in there for me! I'm going for 2 in these quarter finals but I was close to taking Perry to beat Murphy but Murphy's sick record of semi finals put me off. 10pts J.Higgins to beat M.Selby 3/4 Sportingbet John Higgins did a real job on Ding Junhui last night. So much so that Ding barely scored a point before the interval. The world champion was in brutal form in that match and a repeat of that would probably be unbeatable by anyone. He'll know he has to perform well here though as he takes on Mark Selby in a repeat of the World final. Selby had a good win over Doherty in the last round but I've still got him down as someone who likes the longer 2 session matches than these best of 9's. Higgins is unquestionably in good form and assuming this early start doesn't get him then I think he'll repeat his world final win over Selby. 10pts A.Carter to beat R.O'Sullivan 11/4 William Hill There's a little bit of chasing the bigger money about this bet to be fair but Carter in playing well enough to suggest he's no complete no hoper in this match. Sure Davis played well to win his 3 frames against Ronnie yesterday but the fact is he won 3. Now it's always dangerous betting on O'Sullivan's matches because if he wants to be he can be unbeatable but he's not winning too many frames in one visit so far this week which gives Carter hope. If you are going to beat O'Sullivan the minimum requirement is that you score heavily. Carter does that and is doing it this week. He's hit 7 half centuries and a century in his two matches so far and at this price it's a no brainer of a bet given that O'Sullivan has been known to falter in this sort of stage of a tournament.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open -6.47 now in the matches. Two outsiders tomorrow who maybe a bit overpriced: Lee 11/8 10 pts 11/8 just looks a touch big against Hendry. Hendry has shown glimpses of form but only glimpses so far and he could well have been beaten by Day before winning the last two frames to win 5-4. Lee has beaten Higginson and Judge so far who are not real world beaters but he is very much a confidence player who when he gets into a tournament with some early wins can get on a roll and progress well into the later stages and he showed that at the Masters when some solid matchplay got him into the final. He beat Hendry earlier this year in Shanghai and might be overpriced to do so again. Perry 2/1 10 pts Both Murphy and Perry look to be playing well at the moment and in truth have both been for some while. They are both scoring pretty well as well at the minute with both players knocking in century breaks for fun in their opening games. However Perry @ 2/1 is big imo. Ok Murphy is the understandable fav but in what remains a short format, Perry is well capable of an 'upset' especially with the form he has showed this week and indeed this season.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Higgins come through nicely against Ding so my 9/1 is looking tasty going into todays games. To be honest nothing catches my eye today, had 3 winning bets out of 4 this tourney with Higgins still flying the flag in the out-right market. As I speak, the first match of the day is well underway, Hendry off to a flyer against Lee and at the table holding a 2-0 advantage. Lee hasn't proved popular with some people on here so I hope youve opposed him today! :eek Very tough match to call between Selby and Higgins, no bet in my opinion as I could argue the case for either player. Ill look elsewhere for a bet today and see if anything takes my fancy. Ive noticed an interesting bet in the Shaun Murphy match in "Who will score the highest break". Normally, the favourite for the match will also be favourite in this market, not the case for VC bet today who have priced Murphy up at 6/5 (Im thinking this may be in error as they go 8/13 Perry) Either way, it seems logical to take some of this even though Perry hit 2 centuries yesterday when beating Stuart Bingham. Arb is available as BoyleSports go 11/8 Perry (Assuming they dont tie the highest break - feel free to give up betting if this happens) but I wouldnt get invovled too high if your looking to buy money incase VC void your bet citing an error on their behalf. Bottom line is, Murphy is no 6/5 shot here so well worth a bet but be prepared for a refund of your stake as this may be a simple error on the bookies behalf. 6/5 Murphy High Break, todays bet.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open really cant believe it higgins scrapes through his 1st match then up vs junhui you think junhui should win no higgins plays blinder seems i betted angaist him so thought he brings that form today he win even though selby v.good player, i bet on higgins you guessed it he is having a mare the chances are 50/50 on snooker matches why do i always choose the wrong 50 lol

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open

really cant believe it higgins scrapes through his 1st match then up vs junhui you think junhui should win no higgins plays blinder seems i betted angaist him so thought he brings that form today he win even though selby v.good player, i bet on higgins you guessed it he is having a mare the chances are 50/50 on snooker matches why do i always choose the wrong 50 lol
Selby is one of the biggest in form players atm out of everybody, betting against him is dangerous.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open just had feeling after yesterdays performance from higgins if he could keep that level or get a fraction of it he should do fine even worse is at 3-1 down i put higgins +2.5 to win went 4-1 so thought cover my loses have selby win next frame as higgins was cack higgins wins it goes 4-2 up i just know it will end 5-2 now lol

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open thank god for ronnie o'sullivan 3-3 the scores were i seen odds of 4/7 on ronnie and lumped BIG on it, to try and get roughly even for the tournement to my delight when he took 4-3 lead and was priced up at 1/14 to win but you could imagine my face when seeing the lead slip to 4-4 and a decider after being 20+pts down early in the decider i was fearing the worst, thinking why oh why did i make the bet luckily pocket ronnie came in and run thankfully twice now iv made a killing in running, and feel i will bet after 1st few frames when i get feel for the players when i bet before hand i always seem to lose lol

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Personally I think he loses the semi quite comfortably:ok (but I'm ******* hopeless at Snooker punting:lol) SELBY Outright @ 3.5 Boylesports. This seems reasonable for Selby who looks to be back to his match play best after a poor effort in Malta. Not convinced by Hendry this week, and I think Selby could take this easily. Like the scheduling with him playing the afternoon match and hopefully Ronnie-Murphy will be a long one. Not sure about O'Sullivan this week either, he sounded confident early on going on about how running has changed his life, but he's started messing on with his tip again and was poor in the quarters. Murphy will be a very tough semi, and the way Shaun if playing there could be a great chance of an upset. That helps the value on Selby, as I don't fancy Murphy over 17 frames against Selby after knocking out O'Sullivan the night before. Whatever way it goes I see Selby having a cracking chance to take this down.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open I'm having a shocking week here so I might have this all wrong but I don't think Hendry is going to lose this semi final comfortably at all. Don't forget he led Selby 5-3 in the Masters last month before Selby went into overdrive. Hendry still scores well enough to win this should the chances come along. The other semi is priced up wrong though IMO. 10pts S.Murphy to beat R.O'Sullivan 5/4 Totesport I took Ronnie O'Sullivan on yesterday and should've been right to do so but Ali Carter missed 3 good chances in the decider to beat him. Simple fact is Murphy won't do that. For me, Murphy is one of if not the most consistent players in the world these days. He has an amazing run of semi final appearances to his name in ranking events and is full of confidence having won in Malta last week. I thought Joe Perry was a tricky opponent on paper last night but Murphy never gave him a sniff. O'Sullivan is having tip problems which won't help his chances here and he'll know he was lucky to come through yesterday. He's still giving his opponents too many chances and Murphy will capitalise on those. If O'Sullivan plays like he can this will be a classic but I still think Murphy will be too good for the Rocket.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Ronnie said last night that there is a changing of the guard, he even went as far as mentioning Murphy and Selby and hes right - they warrant the upmost respect when betting on Snooker these days. Ive thought long and hard about todays games and I cant get away from Ronnie being 4/5. I cant rememebr a time when he started a match at such a price, in my opinion these times dont come round to often and Im having a largish single on Ronnie. Yes, hes been pushed this week and hes moaned about his tip - but its a semi final of a ranking event and I think Ronnie is in for the kill here. Form aside, no one keeps in a match the way Ronnie does, whoever his opponent he has a nack of going through the gears when needed - bottom line is that if Ronnie plays his A game and so does Murphy, Ronnie wins. 0-0 in the Selby game, you cant not back Selby at 4/7 - he has so much confidence at the moment, always back a man who has a swagger and he is walking round the table in total control at present. LSL

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open 6 selections on the match betting and 5 winners, still cant believe Fu folded from 4-2 against Williams otherwise it would of been a clean sweep. Interesting to see what odds Ronnie is tomorrow, 4/6 or longer and he will be the 7th selection of what has been a profitable week :) 3 centuries tonight, finished with a 143 as well which if your saw was as impressive as it gets, awesome. Go on Ronnie, turn it on tomorrow! :nana

6 selections on the match betting and 5 winners, still cant believe Fu folded from 4-2 against Williams otherwise it would of been a clean sweep. Interesting to see what odds Ronnie is tomorrow, 4/6 or longer and he will be the 7th selection of what has been a profitable week :) 3 centuries tonight, finished with a 143 as well which if your saw was as impressive as it gets, awesome. Go on Ronnie, turn it on tomorrow! :nana
Superb stuff this week mate, some excellent well thought out calls. And superb from Ronnie tonight. The 143 was brilliant, as was the 75 when everything he potted was in baulk.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open You'll probably be relieved to hear this given my form this week but I'd be on Ronnie all the way from here. He knows the likes of Murphy, Maguire and Selby are for real and he'll up his game for this final to prove a point. I won't be betting on it because I've lost enough this week so I just hope it's a good final and as good a match as their UK semi.

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open I wasn't going to bet on this final but the total frames market has gone mad. 10pts M.Selby vs R.O'Sullivan - Over 15 frames 6/4 Bet365 How this can be 6/4 that this final ends 9-7 or 9-8 is beyond me when under 15 is Evs but I'll take it :lol. Traditionally the Welsh Open final is a close run thing. 3 of the last 4 have been decided in the 17th frame. Ronnie O'Sullivan won two of those. Obviously past scorelines has no effect on this match but let's not forget that 2 months ago these two went all the way to a deciding 17th frame in the semis of the UK Championship. Both players played well in that match too, Selby hit no less than 6 half centuries and of course Ronnie ended it with a maximum in the final frame. Both are playing well this week too. Selby looks the business after his win at the Masters. He exudes confidence around the table while the class O'Sullivan saw of Shaun Murphy with was superb to watch. These two along with Murphy are probably the best players in the world right now and I think we'll see a terrific, really close final between two players in top form and I'll go for the overs expecting this one to be 9-7 or 9-8 either way.

I wasn't going to bet on this final but the total frames market has gone mad. 10pts M.Selby vs R.O'Sullivan - Over 15 frames 6/4 Bet365 How this can be 6/4 that this final ends 9-7 or 9-8 is beyond me when under 15 is Evs but I'll take it :lol. Traditionally the Welsh Open final is a close run thing. 3 of the last 4 have been decided in the 17th frame. Ronnie O'Sullivan won two of those. Obviously past scorelines has no effect on this match but let's not forget that 2 months ago these two went all the way to a deciding 17th frame in the semis of the UK Championship. Both players played well in that match too, Selby hit no less than 6 half centuries and of course Ronnie ended it with a maximum in the final frame. Both are playing well this week too. Selby looks the business after his win at the Masters. He exudes confidence around the table while the class O'Sullivan saw of Shaun Murphy with was superb to watch. These two along with Murphy are probably the best players in the world right now and I think we'll see a terrific, really close final between two players in top form and I'll go for the overs expecting this one to be 9-7 or 9-8 either way.
Followed you on this one mate, looking good so far, both players getting chances which is exactly what we need. :hope