** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

MadnessDaily

madnesstiger

Hi All, My 2nd system on PL. It is one that I have used before and made a great return on investment. I genuinely turned £40 into £600 for my holiday 2 years ago, it just requires patience, discipline, and more patience! Warning: It IS based on a Martingale staking theory, if that has scared you off, then read no more.. if not, here goes:

• For this example, we'll start with a bankroll of £100.
  • The aim is to win a set % profit each day, in this example I will use 5%
  • Decimal odds are used for ease of calculations.
OK, starting with £100, we find any bet offering odds of around 1.57 and which we think are worth the value. We stake £8.77 on this outcome in order to win £5. If this wins, we have made our 5% for the day, and move on to day 2. If it loses, we find another bet with odds of, say, 1.57 and stake £24.16. If it wins, we win back our lost stakes, and male the £5 profit required for that day. If the 2nd bet loses, we have a 3rd attempt to win, also at odds of 1.57, this time staking £66.54. Again, if it wins, we end up making our daily profit of 5%, if it loses, thats where the story ends I'm afraid! If we do get a winner, we move onto day 2 with our bankroll now at £105. Our 5% daily requirement is now a little more than the previous day, it is £5.25. From here we carry on as above. We only require 1 win out of 3, and if we win we move on. Systems I've seen which are similar say not to bet again on that day.. but I say why not! All you are doing is reverting back to attempt 1 but with a higher bankroll, it makes no difference what day it is! Using the example above, and assuming you make 5% per day, £100 becomes:
  • £500 in 33 days
  • £1000 in 48 days
  • £5000 in 81 days
  • £20000 in 109 days
  • £1,000,000 in 189 days!! (6.5 months)

The above is just an example. What I have created in Excel (and what I higly recommend) is a calculator which tells me how much to stake to make my daily percentage, and takes into account any 'lost stakes'. I also have a chart which shows:

• Along the top: No. of Attempts
  • Down the left: Required Percentage
This chart is then filled with which odds can be used to satisfy the requirements of the user. For Example: To give yourself 2 attemps at winning 2%, you may use odds of just 1.17 To give yourself 5 attempts at winning 4%, you may use odds of 2.09 (this may be going for the 'underdog' in under/over 2.5 in a soccer match, requiring just 1 win out of 5!) I am presently using 3 attempts at 4% (odds of 1.51). I have been using this since 28th December 07, without a losing day (so far!). The following points may be considered to make the system suit your need more:
  • The lower the required %, the lower the odds, but a smaller payout.
  • The higher the required %, the quicker you reach a high bankroll, but with more risk.
  • Try minimising bets to Asian Handicap bets, or other 2-selection bets (i.e. tennis matches, over/under) as these only have 2 outcomes as opposed to 3 outcomes in football matches (home/away/draw)
  • Betfair (or similar) is good for this style of system, as you can often get better odds than bookies.
  • You can split your daily perecent requirement into 2. For example, say you are going for 5% per day. You could, instead, go for 2 wins of 2.5% - this way the odds are lower, but obviously you require 2 wins instead of one!
  • If you are able to use spreadsheets, make a calculator to help with your stakes. (If needs be, I can give you the formulas to use and in which cells).
  • Make a simple chart which forecasts what your initial bankroll will turn into, after 'x' amount of days, taking into accout your daily % requirement.

There you go.. it wasn't that easy trying to explain, but hope you get the idea. I will endeavour to get the charts up one here, showing which odds you can use depending on your Target Daily % and No of Attempts. Can anyone help me out with with this? Cheers guys... and good luck ;) LATEST UPDATE OF SPREADSHEET February 10th 2008 http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/6fdf724baa_0.12MB For instructions, see POST #27

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: MadnessDaily Thanks for your interest guys, it has been really profitable over the times that I've used it in the past. Here's a link to the chart I have which tells me which odds I can go for, depending on what risk I want to take. Example - to gain a 5% profit on your bankroll you have 3 attempts at minimum odds of 1.57. t_OddsChartm_a33adcf.jpg

Re: MadnessDaily Hi Kev, Yes, you've hit the nail on the head there! Examples:

• With bankroll of £100, place all £100 on odds of 1.03 to return £103 - 3% profit (I tend not to bother with comission calulations)
Or:
  • With bankroll of £100, first bet £6.67 to return £9.67, if this loses, 2nd bet of £21.49 to return £31.16 (21.49+6.67+3.00 profit), if this loses, 3rd bet of £69.24 to return £100.40 (69.24+21.49+6.67+3.00 profit)

Re: MadnessDaily Any ideas of when you should bank the winnings? The very idea is of course that the "snowball effect" makes it more profitable the longer you "dare" to continue, but at some point you want to bank some profit. :unsure Maybe when the bank is trebled? If aiming for 5 %, it would take 23 winning bets before 100 pts turns into 307 pts. Then you could bank 100 pts and start over with the remaning 207? Any thoughts?

Re: MadnessDaily Always good to see a team get the double over Manchester Reds! :tongue2 Anyway, hopefully, I have managed to upload my MadnessDaily spreadsheet onto the net: http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/4abe8a528a_0.12MB This spreadsheet includes:

• staking calculator
  • forecasting chart - see how many wins you need to make a million!
  • odds chart (as posted previously)

Have a play, see what you think. If anyone needs instructions, I can post some for you. On the forecast sheet, you need only fill in the YELLOW cells at the top of the page - the rest should automatically update. *** Alot of the cells DO contain formulas. Please try not to delete these! ***

Re: MadnessDaily Sorry, forgot about the 'banking' question! When I have used the system in the past, I have not really banked any winnings at set points. The first time I played, I turned £40 into approx £600, which I withdrew and used to pay for my summer holiday to Turkey in 2006. I lost the next go which lost me a few hundred, and didn't use the system again, and instead, played around with 'trading' on Betfair, playing a bit of poker, and a few Kelly-staking systems. I started my current game on December 28th, with my settings at 4% per day, and starting with £80. As I have only just posted the system yesterday, I cannot list all my bets sinnce day 1. However, I am willing to start posting some (if not all) of them on here to show my progress. Today, I have just lost my first attempt at 5% by betting over 1.5 goals in the Chelsea vs Liverpool game. Will look at maybe the Spanish game later, as I'd rather watch my bets lose (or better still, win!) than watch the live scores pop up on the screen in black and white. A win today would put my bank at around £325. Back to the 'banking' question... I'll leave it to suggestions as it is something I normally do not worry about until my bank gets to maybe £500+. So, ideas anyone?! GuyFawkes, The current day / equiv day are just free-text cells which I use just for my own info. e.g. if you start using the system today, this would be day 1. if you started 10 days ago, the current day cell would display '10'. referring to the forecasting chart, see where your current bankroll sits in the chart, and which day it lines up with. e.g. if you have £106 in your bank (using 5% daily target), your equivalent day would be '2'. So, say you start the system today, and in ten days time you have only £106 in your bank, the cells would be as follows: Current Day '10', Equiv Day '2'. As I say, it is just for info purposes. Also, play with the spreadsheet and if anyone has any ideas for improvement etc, let me know. :)

Re: MadnessDaily Thanks alot for the spreadsheet! I have tried out your system today, 3 winning bets so far. :loon Xanthi - Lavadiakos, Asian, Xanthi -0,75 @ 1.565 (4-1 FT) Chelsea - Liverpool, Under 2.5 goal @ 1.570 (0-0 FT) Real Madrid - Valladolid, Over 2.5 goal @ 1.600 (5-0 in HT !)

Re: MadnessDaily Well spotted.. i only did half a job there! I only automated column D for the download version of the sheet. To alter it - and this goes to anybody who downloaded it:

1. In cell D2, look at the formula.
  2. Click once between the G and the 2. (e.g. =SUM(C2*(1+G¦2)) )
  3. Press F4, some $ signs should appear, as thus: $G$2
  4. Press 'Enter'
  5. Select cell D2 once more.
  6. In the bottom right of the cell, ensure the cursor is a little black cross.
  7. Hold down left-mouse button and drag straight down to cell D370.

Sorry about that guys.

Re: MadnessDaily

Excellent news!! Ok' date=' can you keep up the good luck? Give me my next pick from tonights sport! I'm on attempt 2 of 3 :\[/quote'] Looks like I am losing the 1st attempt (Cobreloa -0.75) so I, too, am at attempt no 2! :( No suggestions for the remaining football games thou. I think I will leave it for tomorrow, then we find a good looking bet in the range of 1.50 - 1.60 and get us back on track! :tongue2 One more question: Do you have any stats on the percentage regarding won 1st attempts, 2nd and 3rd?

Re: MadnessDaily HooLoo, Looks like I have some luck at last.. I decided to go for Inter Milan to beat Catania at odds of 1.72. At 74mins its 2-0 to Inter. :) You asked about strike-rate percentages. This depends on which way you use the system. If you go for making just 2% per day, you will be going for lower odds, and a higher strike-rate. Most of the time, I tend to go for 4-5% bets with odds of around 1.60. I haven't been keeping strict records of my previous bets (other than what's on my Betfair account statement), but I would estimate that you get around 7 out of 10 bets are winners. It is rare to have to go for broke with the 3rd attempt. When I have lost in the past, it has been down to being stupid and going for higher odds than I should. Unless Catania score 2 in the last 10 mins.. roll on the next bet!

Re: MadnessDaily Here's an updated version of the spreadsheet, with the automated column D fixed on the 'forecast' sheet. http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/6fdf724baa_0.12MB I may start posting my daily selections on this thread to give a real-life example on how it works. With reference to the spreadsheet (if required), here's where I stand at present with the system: Start Date (Day 1): December 28th 2007 Initial Bankroll: £80.00 Daily Target: 4% Current Day: 45 (10th Feb 08) Current Bank: £326.62 Equivalent Day: 36 As you can see, I'm a few days behind schedule, but that's because I had a week away from it whilst I was preparing my MadnessTrebles system (see thread in Systems & Strategies section).

Re: MadnessDaily

It is created using MS Excel' date=' although alternatives such as OpenOffice should support the .xls format.[/quote'] Cheers Mate. got it Via Open Office. I understand how to work the price section For the stake amount you want to win then it tells you your stake. The first page you open with the 100 start bank How does that work. Also for others what if they want to start with 20 or 30 or 50 pts How Would they input that say for 3% 4% or even 5%

Re: MadnessDaily Glad you got it working Kev. Openoffice is just as good as MS Office, so you won't be missing out on anything here. Instructions For Use - MadnessDaily Spreadsheet STAKING GUIDE CURRENT BANKROLL The purple cell is your current bankroll. This is free text and formatted to 2 decimal places. DAY: This is free text and is the current day of betting. e.g. if you start betting today, then type '1' into this cell. In 10 days time, this cell will display '10'. To help fill in this cell, refer to the 'forecast' sheet. (This cell is for info only) EQUIV DAY: This is free text and displays how far infront or behind you are of schedule, according with your chosen strategy. The figure in this cell is used to calulate the 'bankroll targets' box on this page. TODAY: BROUGHT FORWARD: This is free text, and is the bankroll at which you start a new attempt at your chosen target. e.g on day 1 you start with £100, win £4.05, and have a new bankroll of £104.05. You will type £104.05 into the 'brought forward' cell. This cell helps calculate the info in the yellow cells below. DAILY ROI: This is for info only, and tells you, as a percentage, how much you've made on the current day. THE YELLOW CELLS: These indicate your daily targets depending on your current bankroll, and what % target you are after. The 2 and 3 chances columns are a quick reference guide to the odds required for each target. The amounts in blue are to be used in the 'staking calculator'. OVERALL: This is purely info only, and is a guide to how well the system is doing in terms of prfit made since day 1. BANKROLL TARGETS: This is purely an information box showing how far you are to reaching specific targets. The figures in blue calculate the EQUIV DAY you are at and the day at which a certain target is reached (using the chart on the 'forecast' sheet for reference). These targets can be adjusted to your preference by changing the figures in the formula. LAY ODDS: This is mis-titled! It is simply a reference chart showing % chance against decimal odds equivalent. STAKING CALCULATOR: The Biggie! DECIMAL ODDS: Free text - insert the odds of the selection you have in mind. TARGET: This is the target amount you wish to win (profit). Use the table in the YELLOW CELLS to help insert your target. NOTE: Comission is NOT taken into account here. STAKE REQUIRED: This is automated to tell you the required stake for the slection you have in mind. LOST STAKES: In the WHITE cells (cells G8:I14) list any stakes which have lost on previous bets after your last win. e.g. your first bet lost, on which you staked £4.50. Simply type 4.50 into one of the empty white cells beneath 'lost stakes'. After a win, don't forget to delete any 'lost stakes' entries and to reset your 'target' accordingly! Failure to do so will result in incorrect staking instructions!! ODDS GUIDE This is a chart showing target percentages (down the left) and no. of bets allowed (accross the top) and shows the lowest odds possible to meet your requirements. The 'blue' style chart is set for 'backing' selections, and the 'pink' style chart is set for 'lay' selections. FORECAST (Ensure you have the latest download of the sheet SEE POST #25) This is the chart which tells you where you are at, and where you could be in 6 months! I've set this sheet so that you only need fill in the YELLOW cells. Under DATE, fill in the date at which you start using the system. Under DAY, type '1' (cell B2) Under B/F type in your starting bankroll. e.g. 100 for a starting bank of £100. Under DAILY TARGET (column G) enter your preferred daily target as a percentage. For a daily target of 4%, simply type '4'. Now you will notice all the other cells automatically update. Remember, you only need to complete the YELLOW cells on this sheet! That's about it really. Have a play to get used to it, and alter where you feel necessary - and if you are good with spreadsheets, you can play with the formulas. It is a handy tool which I use daily and works a treat. Save a copy of the sheet on your computer incase you make a mistake with the formulas or whatever. As I have mentioned before, feel free to suggest alterations, ask for help, etc. etc. I will try keeping the latest update in POST #1 of this thread, just incase you screw things up! Cheers guys. MT :ok