** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lingfield ~ 6th Feb

bigs

Re: Lingfield ~ 6th Feb I am looking at the cards for my wednesday nap, and came across to an interesting contender! :) Lingfield 15:35 Lets start with bazroy, wonderful horse, won last 2 outs, and for that he is up 7lbs for this race. It has been improving, be that 6f or 1m, he always got to quicken to headway home, but 7lbs might be a concern this time. Then we have halsion chancer , it's LTO was a win against bazroy and he is up 1lb only since that win, powerful horse and also has the hability to quicken in the final stage to lead home, so I guess this time, chancer will end up in front of bazroy, but it will be tight with this 2! As for Lethal, I can't make a case out of this one... seems to me one to discard among the pack. Danetime Lord is consistent, and the handicapper seems to have it right, good horse, but fails to win whenever in good company, which seems to be the case this time. I don't think improvement is on the cards, and will be again mid div. Cornus is another decent horse, has been in front of bazroy in one race, but quite failing to improve while the latter has done so. Can't make a case out of Smokin Joe too. It's latest form... nothing to look at. Ok, now we're at Super Frank it had a terrible start LTO, it was held in rear and difficult to get on pace, but it stayed on and got 2nd, and it passed through bazroy meanwhile, so in my mind if it has the pace to keep on going even after a bad start like that, if it starts well, MUST have every chance and is down 3lbs, and a decent price either 5/1 predicted! Celtic step I find it hard to end better than mid div, missing some pace in the end, and with powerful finishers can't go close. Last but not least, Tender the Great. Had a run LTO in a class 3 event, which I think was too much for him, BUT it was in pretty good company (alfresco, Atlantic Story, among others) and in a 1m contest was only 1.94 behind leader. It had every chance inside final furlong, but it had no extra speed to give, so I think this drop in class and trip will suit him! I know he is in good company here too, but I think 14/1 as the predicted price is to high for it's real chaces. Will be a cracking race I believe, very even with 4 or 5 horses with a chance, but if the prices are RIGHT I'll give it a try with these two: Tender the great E/W @ 14/1 Super Frank E/W @ 5/1 which means that I might not feel so comfortable if the prices go shorter, as then they'll lose value.

Re: Lingfield ~ 6th Feb My selections havnt been clicking lately :unsure but hell im not gonna give up just yet, heres the fruits of my last 4 hours work.... 1.30 Lingfield…..Satyricon E/W

1st thing that struck me going through the form of this race was the amount of hold up types in here which I made out to be 5/9 which should run. So im goin for something that should race closer to the pace. Satyricon won off this mark albeit at kempton L.T.O, but last time he ran over this CD on this mark he finished ¾ length second. He’s in form now again at least and at the RP price il be having a bit of him E/W.

2.00 Lingfield….Joy and Pain (E/W if about 5/1)

This is definitely this horse’s preferred course and distance with 25 of his runs coming on it with 5 wins. My doubts about the other two market leaders are that Napolatano is more of a turf horse having never won on the A/W while I just think Dawson Creek prefers further and could be taken on for the lead by Nicki Bea or King After. The break Joy and pain has had might be a blessing in disguise too, as he came back in November with a win after a similar break.

3.35 Lingfield…. Super Frank

Loves this course and distance and probably would have won had he not stumbled L.T.O. All the talk is about Halcion Chancer but he’s done most of his winning over 5f/6f and in beating Bazroy the last twice he beat a horse who definitely doesn’t favour 7f so I can pick holes in that form.

4.10 Lingfield…….Kingsgate Castle

Won L.T.O over this course and distance, running of a mark of 71 in his maiden win. Handicapper has been easy on him and Running off 70 today and gets in at the bottom of the handicap. He beat jalons bridewell that day and that horse only went down a shoulder at southwell yesterday. Jimmy Quinn has also been in the winners enclosure a few times in the last few days.

Re: Lingfield ~ 6th Feb The Riddler 2.30 Lingfield 2 fav's in the last 10 renewels of this race have won and from a value point Im willing to take the Cox horse on. Connections of The Riddler must think the extra trip will suit and the experience of 3 starts will also aid. Early RP Price: 9/2

Re: Lingfield ~ 6th Feb

SportHorse Racing
Event1.30 Lingfield
SelectionReballo
Strength5/10
Date06/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningIt pays to follow the market at some of these tracks & this horse backed from 9/2 to 3/1 in some places today. Spencer & Fanshawe combination counts double in some races & although this one hasnt shown much in previous races it has had a decent break & more expected today.

Sport Horse Racing
Event 1.30 Lingfield
Selection Chief Exec (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 06/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 19.00 (Back)
Reasoning Every time Chief Exec runs over 7f he seems to be crying out for the step up to a mile. However, every time he is tried at a mile, something goes wrong. However, he always seems to run consistent races at decent prices and shaped as if he was coming back to form last time. I can see him running on at the death today and willing to take a chance at 18/1.

Sport Horse Racing
Event 2.00 Lingfield
Selection Dawson Creek (BOG)
Strength 8/10
Date 06/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.88 (Back)
Reasoning Dawson Creek comes here on the back of a win over 7f and a 2nd over a mile. He was only just caught on the line over 1 mile last time and the drop back to 7f should suit. He has the assistance of Greg Fairley in the saddle who has been riding well on the AW recently. Most of the horses in the field are hold up performers and Dawson Creek should get its own way out in front. The only other prominent horse is Nicky Bea and I juts hope they dont take each other on.

Sport Horse Racing
Event 4.40 Lingfield
Selection Royal Applord (Each-Way)
Strength 5/10
Date 06/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ SP (Back)
Reasoning A stand out price of 10/1 for Kevin Ryan's runner in this race is exceptional value. However, he is on the slide. The three market principals are all short in the market and Royal Applord's form looks every bit as good. Taken only beat a horse that finished 10th on debut by a length last time out. Safebreaker could only finish second to Especially last time out and Especially has gone on to dissapoint. His best runs all seem to be at Southwell. Segal looks a tricky horse, and although he is improving his form does not stand up. He is also inexperienced. These were all in Class 5 races last time out. Royal Applord on the other hand ran a belter over 7f in a Class 4 handicap behind Fastha. He was running on late that day and the step up to 1 mile today should suit. I expect Royal Applord to run a brilliant race today.

Re: Lingfield ~ 6th Feb this could be nothing but the winning trainer from last years race Charlie Dore runs MOONLIGHT MAN in the 1.30 at Ling today. Has been backed from 16's to 10's today & its signigficant that it has been tried over various trips but has yet to trouble the judge on the AW. Just going to play a small ew just in case. I have already backed the fav Reballo as well.

SportHorse Racing
Event1.30 Lingfield
SelectionReballo
Strength5/10
Date06/02/2008
ReasoningIt pays to follow the market at some of these tracks & this horse backed from 9/2 to 3/1 in some places today. Spencer & Fanshawe combination counts double in some races & although this one hasnt shown much in previous races it has had a decent break & more expected today.
What a cracking race that was .. all the first five serparated by short heads :eek And you got the winner, so well done :clap Crackng ride by Jamie Spencer :ok

Re: Lingfield ~ 6th Feb Cheers Mileni :ok, i backed Reballo but also Moonlight man ran a cracker & was beaten into 4th by 3 short heads!!

SportHorse Racing
Event1.30 Lingfield
SelectionReballo
Strength5/10
Date06/02/2008
this could be nothing but the winning trainer from last years race Charlie Dore runs MOONLIGHT MAN in the 1.30 at Ling today. Has been backed from 16's to 10's today & its signigficant that it has been tried over various trips but has yet to trouble the judge on the AW. Just going to play a small ew just in case. I have already backed the fav Reballo as well.

2.00 Lingfield….Joy and Pain (E/W if about 5/1)

This is definitely this horse’s preferred course and distance with 25 of his runs coming on it with 5 wins. My doubts about the other two market leaders are that Napolatano is more of a turf horse having never won on the A/W while I just think Dawson Creek prefers further and could be taken on for the lead by Nicki Bea or King After. The break Joy and pain has had might be a blessing in disguise too, as he came back in November with a win after a similar break.

10/1 :loon :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana