47 (8 members & 39 guests)

Remember this place in the summer of 2006 when I joined. Pete was posting a bankers thread and couple of guys were putting a short priced fancies without any reasoning and that was pretty much all of it. Since then the place has changed so much. Even on a boring Monday, when you have only Lingfield and Soutwell there are more than 40 people in the section. It really is my home this place :ok

Re: 47 (8 members & 39 guests)

I joined yesterday. I'm pretty much just looking to pick up on some advice. I must admit i'm clueless about horse racing. I thought i'd look in because my football coupon has been bollox of late. :ok
I started just like you, mate :ok

What brief tips would you give to a novice. I don't expect the family recipe or anything.
Probably from best bet of the day. There is a table for that and you can follow who's on form, who's doing good on overall basis etc. :ok It's a tough call for me, because when I follow a tip I apply my rules and if I agree it has a chance, I bet it. For you it will be blind following, so it is probably more related to luck than anything else :ok

Probably the safest way to start is to back the nags to place to build up your bank for riskier proposition - look at the 3.40 - 3 nags battling out for two places (due to Wds)
This can be done on Betfair as the amount of places paid doesnt change with withdrawals. Normal bookies will alter the place terme. There is also a glossary and an A-Z stickied at the top of the forum which could help you get the basics. There is some great stuff on this forum as well as some cracking tipsters, see the ATR winners thread from yesterday. Please make yourself at home and dont be afraid to ask us questions. PS Wds means withdrawals in Tulenos' reply. :ok:ok

Re: 47 (8 members & 39 guests) I had to laugh at this. Minimal form studying required :loon A dog race at The Stow this afternoon :ok Trap 5 - Set Free, who had only had two previous races at the track Race 1 - Grade A8 - finished 5th at 7/1 - calc time - 30.51 seconds Race 2 - Grade A8 - finished 5th at 10/1 - calc time - similar to above. Okay, it's got no real chance in it's third race unless it gets downgraded to A9 or A10. Today - Grade A8 (again) - and nowhere near the fastest dog on it's times. It was 11/10 favourite and won by nearly 7 lengths, in 29.27 seconds :lol:lol This was a faster time than the winners of the A7 and A6 races, and only 0.05 of a second slower than the A4 winner. And yes, I backed it :ok