ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb

Of course he wants to win it's his home event and he has a 21-4 record here. Capdeville served for the 1st set against Gonzo which isn't good but he managed to win the big points. I think Hartfelds game matches up well for Gonzo. If Gonzlaez is fully fit, he wins. If not, then Hartfeld has a chance. No idea about how good Gonzos shoulder is so I'm not going to play this match:unsure. His price on Betfair hasn't move much today, which can be an indicator o an injury, so can't get any information from that. Hope you did OK laying Monaco yesterday:ok
:clap good cash with Monaco!!! congratulations for Cuevas!! good shot!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb Hi guys, following pick for today: ATP TOUR, VINA DEL MAR VENTURA TO D FOGNINI @ 1.83 at sportingbet / sportingodds Ventura who looked like heading towards Challengers level earlier on last year (and probably towards early retirement and running some beautiful tennis club in Spain :-)) had a solid end to 2007 winning Challenger in Montevideo where he defeated Fognini 6:2 6:0. Ventura had 2 good wins here in Chile and that easy win over Fognini must give him some psychological advantage.

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb Only one for me today I think FOGNINI @ 2.05 Will Hill. Interesting match up here, and I'm willing to take Fognini as a dog. He struggled yesterday, was 5-1 up in the first set and stumped taking it 6-4 then lost a tiebreak second set but managed to come through in the end. As I said yesterday I like him and I'm willing to follow him here. Ventura I feel was a bit lucky yesterday, Roitman was cruising till the middle of the second set when he decided to stop winning service game. Ventura nearly blew a big lead in the final set and ended up taking it on a tiebreak. He's playing well lately, but I still don't rate him, and think Fognini has more to offer. H2H is 1-0 to Ventura a crushing 6-0 6-2 but Fognini had come off a tough final tie break win the day before so maybe he was tired. Expect a much better effort from him today and I make him a slight fav.

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb Cuevas v Acasuso This young Cuevas might be nobody´s mug and still slightly underrated in this match up. I think his form can be said to be on the up and up with 3 titles all won in 2007 and perhaps time to take a step up though this will be his toughest test this week against Acasuso who won last time he played here in 2006.

EventJurgen Melzer - Rainer Schuettler
SelectionRainer Schuettler
Strength10/10
Date02/02/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 2.63 (Back)
ReasoningSchuettler (87th, 31 years old, remains a very solid player. In 2007 he realized some beautiful perfs by beating Hewitt, Dancevic, Troicki, Seppi, Malisse. He finished the year by winning a tournament Challenger. In this tournament he shows a lot of determination by winning very difficult matches against Gabashvili, Darcis and Beck. He has even saved match points. Melzer (71th) realizes a nice tournament but for me he also benefited from particular circumstances. A victory in the 1st round against very promising Troicki but this young player is still very fickle. Then he beats Golubev certainly in shape because he had just won a tournament Challenger but beacuse of that he was tired and even hurt blow. Finally he made the surprise by beating Stepanek but the Czech is not more than the shadow of himself (elimination against Spadea in the AO) and which did not seem very motivated by this small tournament. Schuettler leads 2-1 in H2H and 1-0 on hard. In 26 years Melzer was never ranked better than 28th world because he does not manage to keep a level of average game being enough for making better. On the contrary Schuettler was no4 world and is more constant in his results.

Cuevas v Acasuso This young Cuevas might be nobody´s mug and still slightly underrated in this match up. I think his form can be said to be on the up and up with 3 titles all won in 2007 and perhaps time to take a step up though this will be his toughest test this week against Acasuso who won last time he played here in 2006.
Great hit mate, I like Cuevas but didn't think he'd get it done:clap:clap

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventLisicki - Harkleroad
SelectionLisicki
Strength10/10
Date03/02/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningOdds are dropping fast on this one but at odds above 2.00 it's still worth a shot I think.Lisicki after her win over Davenport should be full of confidence.She is in rather good form and hard courts are her thing so I don't believe that she should be underrated here.Harkleroad isn't some great player and her last results don't convince me to bet on her as she was playing rather poor players.I'm going with Sabine here.If she will be able to win this one it all comes to doubles match.

Re: ATP Vina del Mar & Fed Cup 28th Jan - 3rd Feb About 20 minutes ago I took Lisicki to win 2-0 @ 12/5, the straight win was 6/5 but when I went back to take it as cover, the market had vanished. So now :hope Very good tips on Cuevas by the way.