NHL betting system

JCtips

Here's my NHL betting system which is showing a good profit so far this season: A bookies' main objective is to have equal action on both sides in order to guarantee their profit but, like in a stock market, there are some inefficiencies in the Sports Market.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

A good NHL system is to always bet "Against the Public". Even better, it is to bet all “home dogs†and “small favourites†that play at home when we see the majority of the people (the “Publicâ€) betting the away team. Remember that the NHL is a "moneyline" sport not a "point spread" or "handicap" one, so the winning percentage is of little meaning, it's the value of the odds that matters most. So, I'll be betting "Against the Public" in all NHL games. Anyone can check out the betting trends in several “consensus†sites available on the Internet. Starting today and based on this system I start posting my picks in the "Tipsters" section.

:cheers

JC

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NHL betting system Here are my bets for today 3rd of January using this system and including OT: Boston-Washington - Washington; NYI-Florida - Florida; Montreal-TB - Montreal; Pittsburgh-Toronto - Toronto; Nashville-Edmonton - Edmonton; Minnesota-Dallas - Dallas; Phoenix-Chicago - Phoenix; Vancouver-NYR - Vancouver; LA-Columbus - LA; SJ-Calgary - Calgary; Good luck! JC

Re: NHL betting system

Here are my bets for today 3rd of January using this system and including OT: Boston-Washington - Washington; NYI-Florida - Florida; Montreal-TB - Montreal; Pittsburgh-Toronto - Toronto; Nashville-Edmonton - Edmonton; Minnesota-Dallas - Dallas; Phoenix-Chicago - Phoenix; Vancouver-NYR - Vancouver; LA-Columbus - LA; SJ-Calgary - Calgary; Good luck! JC
5-5-0 record yesterday and a very small profit but still a profit...

JCTips, Good luck with this system, you are however required to put up what the odds are, along with your picks. :ok
Hi MetallicIan. Thanks for the tip :ok. I tought that wouldn't be necessary as I'm also placing my bets in the "Tipsters" area. :cheers JC

My picks for today including OT: NJ-Philadelphia - Philadelphia (odd 2.34) ; Buffalo-Ottawa - Buffalo (2.07); Atlanta-Carolina - Carolina (2.09); Ananheim-Chicago - Chicago (3.35); Good luck! JC
1-3-0 record yesterday.

My first picks for today: Montreal-Washington - Washington (2.50); Dallas-Detroit - Dallas (2.30); Pittsburgh-Florida - Florida (2.43); Good luck! JC
The rest of my picks for today including OT: Boston-NJ - Boston (1.90); Toronto-Philadelphia - Toronto (1.81) ; Ottawa-TB - TB (2.87); Nashville-Minnesota - Minnesota (1.91); STL-Carolina - Carolina (2.66); Colorado-NYI - NYI (2.38); Phoenix-Anaheim - Phoenix (1.80); Edmonton-NYR - Edmonton (2.31); LA-Calgary - LA (2.15) ; SJ-Columbus - Columbus (2.86); Good luck! JC

The rest of my picks for today including OT: Boston-NJ - Boston (1.90); Toronto-Philadelphia - Toronto (1.81) ; Ottawa-TB - TB (2.87); Nashville-Minnesota - Minnesota (1.91); STL-Carolina - Carolina (2.66); Colorado-NYI - NYI (2.38); Phoenix-Anaheim - Phoenix (1.80); Edmonton-NYR - Edmonton (2.31); LA-Calgary - LA (2.15) ; SJ-Columbus - Columbus (2.86); Good luck! JC
4-9-0 record yesterday and lost 4.51 units but like I always say, this is a marathon and not a 100m race... Better luck today! :cheers JC

I had a try of this when I was a starter' date=' didn't work for me, lost ton of money, almost wanted to quit gambling, but friend gave me excellent system how to win so I am now only in 100% profit right now.[/quote'] richy, Are you going to contribute to the forum by enlightening us any further, or posting some of these tips?

I had a try of this when I was a starter' date=' didn't work for me, lost ton of money, almost wanted to quit gambling, but friend gave me excellent system how to win so I am now only in 100% profit right now.[/quote'] good for you richy88 :ok! What I can say about this NHL system is that by using it I'm betting, mostly, "along with the bookies" (and you don't see bookies going out of business do you?) in a "moneyline" sport like the NHL (for point spread sports this approach might not work as well) and it is paying out well so far this season even thought the last couple of days were not so good. I'm just sharing it here, you should do the same if you have a system which you think is good. :cheers JC

Boa sorte JC. :ok
Obrigado/thank you Sousa :ok! This "system" is up 40 units so far this season...much to my surprise since I start posting it here last week it lost close to 10 units (mainly because the "dogs" stopped barking all of a sudden and most of the picks are "dog picks" anyway...) :sad...I'll keep on playing it... :cheers JC

Re: NHL betting system My picks for today including OT: Boston-Carolina - Boston (1.77); NJ-Buffalo - Buffalo (2.28); NYR-TB - TB (2.48); Atlanta-Philadelphia - Atlanta (1.91); Montreal-Chicago - Chicago (2.75); Detroit-Colorado - Colorado (3.15); Florida-Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh (2.03); STL-Columbus - Columbus (2.26); Calgary - Phoenix - Phoenix (2.60) ; Vancouver-NYI - NYI (3.02); LA-Nashville - LA (1.76); Good luck! JC

My picks for today including OT: Boston-Carolina - Boston (1.77); NJ-Buffalo - Buffalo (2.28); NYR-TB - TB (2.48); Atlanta-Philadelphia - Atlanta (1.91); Montreal-Chicago - Chicago (2.75); Detroit-Colorado - Colorado (3.15); Florida-Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh (2.03); STL-Columbus - Columbus (2.26); Calgary - Phoenix - Phoenix (2.60) ; Vancouver-NYI - NYI (3.02); LA-Nashville - LA (1.76); Good luck! JC
3-8-0 yesterday and lost 4.67 units...3 games were decided in OT or SO and all lost which also didn't help much... ...like I wrote yesterday, this system is well positive this year and I'll continue to use it. Everyone and every system has it's ups and downs and I'll just take it as a not so good phase and concentrate in the "long run"... JC

Re: NHL betting system the idea behind this is a sound one. There is usually no value whatsoever in betting public faves, and home dogs is highly experimented with in a lot of sports. Maybe you could experiment with more filters as usually systems like this end in the following way. You are unlikely to WIN in the long run by betting ML home dogs but you WILL lose less than betting big favourites.

the idea behind this is a sound one. There is usually no value whatsoever in betting public faves, and home dogs is highly experimented with in a lot of sports. Maybe you could experiment with more filters as usually systems like this end in the following way. You are unlikely to WIN in the long run by betting ML home dogs but you WILL lose less than betting big favourites.
Thanks for your input and suggestions whycantistayawayfromdogs (I guess your "nickname" says it al :) :ok...). I think I'll take a break (with this system) for a few days and wait for things to calm down a bit...but will be back with it. :cheers JC

Re: NHL betting system I will give it another try tonight. My picks including OT: NYI-Montreal - NYI (odd at 2.05); Washington-Ottawa - Washington (2.31); Columbus-Vancouver - Vancouver (1.81); Toronto-Carolina - Toronto (1.87); TB-Colorado - Colorado (2.05); Detroit-Atlanta - Atlanta (3.61); Nashville-Calgary - Calgary (2.06); Edmonton-LA - LA (2.44); Phoenix-SJ - Phoenix (2.19); Anaheim-Dallas - Dallas (2.54); I hope it's "dog day" today :D. Good luck! JC

I will give it another try tonight. My picks including OT: NYI-Montreal - NYI (odd at 2.05); lost Washington-Ottawa - Washington (2.31); won Columbus-Vancouver - Vancouver (1.81); lost Toronto-Carolina - Toronto (1.87); won TB-Colorado - Colorado (2.05); won Detroit-Atlanta - Atlanta (3.61); won Nashville-Calgary - Calgary (2.06); lost Edmonton-LA - LA (2.44); won Phoenix-SJ - Phoenix (2.19); won Anaheim-Dallas - Dallas (2.54); lost I hope it's "dog day" today :D. Good luck! JC
Finally a very good day yesterday (since I started posting the system here) :ok and 5.23 units won! Everyone has good and bad runs, it's the long term that matters and I consider this to be a good long term system...I'll keep on using it. JC

Good to see the positive results over the last couple of nights' date=' glad you brought the system back :clap[/quote'] Thanks Darth Nader :ok! Life is sometimes a funny thing...this system was up and unbelivable 50 units for the season when I started posting it here...within a week or so (after I start posting) it lost more than 10 units...so I took a short break. It's working well again so far this week and even if I end up the season with "only" +25 or +30 units I'll be, of course, more than satisfied. It is always the long term perspective that matters and not the short term one (everyone has good and bad days and good and bad weeks). :cheers JC

My picks for today including OT: NJ-NYI - NYI (odd at 2.98); won NYR-Buffalo - Buffalo (2.21); lost Philadelphia-Florida - Florida (2.52); lost Minnesota-Calgary - Calgary (2.59); won Chicago-STL - Chicago (2.02); won Good luck! JC
:ok

Re: NHL betting system My picks for today including OT: Boston-Toronto - Toronto (odd at 2.19); Washington-Edmonton - Edmonton (2.32); Atlanta-Montreal - Atlanta (1.93); Ottawa-Carolina - Carolina (2.89); Detroit-Vancouver - Vancouver (2.74); Nashville-Anaheim - Nashville (2.10); Phoenix-Columbus - Phoenix (1.83); SJ-Dallas - Dallas (2.53); Good luck! JC