Darts: BDO World Championships

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Webster v Fitton Fitton -1.5 sets 10pts 6/4 BoyleSports Fittons' been in great form and nothing seems to bother him at the moment.His scoring from the first 9 darts has left players struggling to keep up with him and he's been in fine form on his doubles.He faces a tougher opponent here in Webster,on paper,but this will raise Fittons game even more and I think we might be in for a nine darter. Webster on the other hand has come through matches against qualifiers which have cost him his usual high scoring and he's gone to pieces in some of those games.What bothers me is that it's gonna be hard now to raise his game and his consistency on the doubles is shocking.It has been at other tournaments as well. It's the best of 9 sets now and I fully expect Fitton to pull away from Webster,Webster might grab a couple of sets,but with Fitton in this form then -1.5sets should be comfortable.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Adams v Thornton Adams -1.5 sets 10 Pts 6/4 SportingOdds Adams seems to be back to his old self and his high scoring and finishing are hitting the spot.He hasn't lost a set yet and his game was only slightly tested against Martin Phillips in the last round,but I think thats the kick up the arse that Adams needed to tell him to stop coasting slightly and knuckle down and he'll have a chance to win this again. Thornton though has been playing very well of late but against O'shea there were signs that his game was slipping.He's still got the finishing and scoring right, but a test against Adams is bound to put some nerves into him. This should be a battle over the first 6 sets between the Master Champion and World Champion, but i think Adams has the ability to go up a gear and start out scoring Thonton after that.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Hankey v Whitlock Hankey -1.5 sets 10 Pts 6-4 Sporting Odds Hankey seems to have got rid of the tantrums he chucked in his first match and looks like the Hankey of old.High scoring but a bit shoddy on doubles.But he's always stated how he hates the 1st round short format and you could see he got back into his stride when the 7 sets came in.Now it's the best of 9 he could be devasting. Whitlock is a cracking player but he does seem to just dissapear all of a sudden in this tournament.He's played reasonably well against the 2 dutchmen he's faced but has left them chances to get back into the game with some sloppy finishing. I do think this will be a tight match with quite a lot of the sets going to 2-2 in legs but this is where Hankey excels,taking the last leg under the pressure to destroy other players confidence.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships I will have a bet tonight as the schedule seems to have changed. 10pts T.Hankey vs S.Whitlock - Over 11.5 180s 5/6 Blue Square Gary Anderson aside we've probably got the 2 highest 180 scorers in the BDO on show here. They've 16 maximums between them so far in the tournament and with this match being the later game I'd expect it to be of good quality. I can't see either winning this match inside 8 sets and if we get anything like that amount of darts then the 180s should keep flowing. Even with a break after 4 sets I still think the lipstick will be punished enough to bring this home. I'd marginally fancy Hankey in the match itself but it could so easily go 9 sets but 8 sets or 9 sets this total is a good 3-4 too low.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Well what a cracking game of darts that was.:loon Wolfie's cost me again.After looking out of it before dragging himself back into it at the break.After the break he was coasting until Thornton got that 160 checkout then Adams went backwards.Thought I had the handicap in,and should have,but thats Wolfie:\

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Not pretty tonight and no outrights left either now. Adams v Thornton was a good game. Felt Thornton should have gone into the break 3-1 up then Adams totally took over only to do what he always seems to do and let Thornton in again although he earned his chance to be fair. Then Thornton seemed to blow it when I felt Wolfie was there for the taking. Good game. Hankey had one of his off days and Whitlock played some good darts especially when he was on top. Early on in that game Hankey did not even seem to care and was miles down before he knew it. All he wanted to do was have a moan, it would not surprise me if he had a problem with the changed start and was putting on a 'show' because of it. He has before so it comes as no surprise. Whitlock was good though whatever antics Hankey was doing.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Yep that was a pretty awful night for me.Now down to +6.07. Hankey was the one who disappeared last night and with the crowd having another go i'm wondering whether a switch to the PDC might be on it's way.He's not that bigger draw and probably won't get as much incentive as King and the Dutch lads. I'm just hoping I haven't cursed Fitton here,as if he can get through tonight then I can see him beating up Adams big style.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Fitton v Webster Checkout over 140. 11/10 Betdirect 10 pts. Fittons already hit a 156 and has been close to the 170 a couple of times.Webster only has 108 but has not had any matches where he can really show his talent.Both will want to put there mark on this game and with a few close tussles then i can see one of them take out a big one tonight.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships :clap well done martin adams and robert thornton.... at last a good battle of a darts match, and well done mr whiltlock by destroying the moping,sad,sullen,unhappy, weight of the world on his shoulders.....ted hankey ! " il have to think about packing the game in" he says to stubbsy after the match ..... well do it hankey ! how do u think footballers react when 6,000 odd fans are shouting "wa*nker" at you ! they dont turn round and start saying im packing the game in cos i cant take the boo's and abuse! mr hankey, wake up pal and be a man about things. a bad workman always blames his tools, in this instance it wasnt your darts ,you blame your fans. you dont give a sh*t about your fans or u wouldnt of made that selfish comment to stubbsy last night. :dude that said i was surprised by whitlock last night , he normally turns up at the lakeside throws a few 59's then he goes home, very surprised, though i think if he were up against adams/fitton he would of been in a closer match owing to the latters being able to checkout. but he was class on the treble 19, but i think hel have a great chance of getting to the final due to a very weak bottom half of the draw but if he gets there he will be beat. im not relly good at betting on the darts matches so far , everyone i seem to back has got flu ! i done wade in the pdc, backed shepherd in the final with flu and got on roosenbrand with flu to beat whitlock !!! the only good thing to come out of the darts for me is my ante-post bet on "wolfie" to win the championship though knowing my luck he'l probably have rabies in the next match !!!

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Waites v Woods Woods -1.5 sets. 10pts 2.54(6/4) Betfair Woods seems to have got over his "first hurdle" problem and with his underdog tag then he's been able to just play darts.He's scoring high and is putting his doubles away with ease.A tricky match against Stompe in the last round but he held his composure and took every chance offered to him Waites again is a cracking player but he seems to be suffering a bit of pressure knowing that his side of the draw is wide open.He's scoring well but his doubles have been awful,even his favoured double 18 is letting him down and i think that it's getting into his head. On paper these 2 are both evenly matched but i think Woods is just playing without much pressure and could easily snatch this if the sets are going to 2-2. Edit:Price moved as I was putting on the bet,and I even think it's going to be a higher price so when it does go higher i'll be having another 10pts at the highest price i can find.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Hmm i've a slight problem here.After going through all my betting sites for my "Open" bets i came across one I placed after last years BDO champs which I'd forgotten about. Here's the thread http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48304&highlight=idl and here's the quote

One for me Group L Winner Scott Waites 11/2 BetDirect. This bloke has been on form all the way through the current BDO tournaments and lies second in the ranking's to Martin Adams.He's got to 3 finals this year alone beating Adams and Anderson on the way to those.He regulally averages over 90 in his games and top's the 100's in most of them. High scoring and solid on the double's he should be a good match up against James Wade and has beaten Marc Webster in nearly every game they've played together same with Tony Eccles. He was beaten 6-2 by Barney in the first round robin group but 6-3 wins against Martin Atkins and Ross Montgomery give him momentum going into this next stage.Probably a good thing being beaten by Barney as he's by-passed the group of death. He's also gonna be my tip for the BDO Championships(I got him at the start of the year at 300/1 from BetDirect)
It was only 1pt e/w. But seeing as everyone else has cursed there outrights I might as well curse mine.Seeing as I've gone against him in this match.:$

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Lets not be sexist and have a blast at the womens World Champ Final Gulliver v Dobromyslova Correct score 2-1 Gulliver 10pts 11/4 Corals Gulliver hasn't been in form of late but always seems to pull it out of the bag in the final.In her first game against Julie Gore she was walking away with it until she had a bit of trouble on the doubles allowing Gore to snatch a set of her,but in the next round against Krappen neither player played there normal game and there were a few signs of weakness with Trina's usual high scoring. Anastasia(easier to write) has had 2 rather easy games against Bateman,who put up a good fight in the first set but then wilted under Anastasias' high scoring,and against Smee she powered away with some great 140's to put her in command and if she keeps that up she's bound to grab a set. Trina should win this but with nerves there ,as she's trying to add to her 7 straight titles ,then Anastasia has the chance to put immense pressure on and the legs should be evenly matched.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships What a price on Waites @ 300/1. He just won the Dutch Open so I have no idea why he was so big. Shows that there can be some good ones with ante post betting. Tough game against Woods though, he needs to be more clinical on his finishing at the crunch of the game. Adding one more tonight that I spoke of earlier, Fitton most 180s @ 6/5 10 pts. Just feel Fitton is the more prolific on the T20 and that is before his current superb form. Webster can hit 180s but is not normally as frequent as Fitton and also it must be noted that Webster switches to the 19s more (hits loads of 134s see IDL final,) he has has some probably in getting his first dart right as well this week, often dropping short.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships

What a price on Waites @ 300/1. He just won the Dutch Open so I have no idea why he was so big. Shows that there can be some good ones with ante post betting. Tough game against Woods though, he needs to be more clinical on his finishing at the crunch of the game. .
It was just before last years World Champs I got the price,only because i'd played against him in a tourny in Bradford and to say he wiped the floor with me was an understatement.I don't think i made it out of the 200's at all.He won the tourny with ease and as I was chatting to some of the regulars they said he could easily be a future champ,they'd backed him at 500's then for this years champ.So some local bookie could be taking a hammering. His doubles have been poor and that's why I favour Woods.But like i said if were cursing all our outrights that one looks to be going down in flames.

Webster v Fitton Fitton -1.5 sets 10pts 6/4 BoyleSports Fittons' been in great form and nothing seems to bother him at the moment.His scoring from the first 9 darts has left players struggling to keep up with him and he's been in fine form on his doubles.He faces a tougher opponent here in Webster,on paper,but this will raise Fittons game even more and I think we might be in for a nine darter. Webster on the other hand has come through matches against qualifiers which have cost him his usual high scoring and he's gone to pieces in some of those games.What bothers me is that it's gonna be hard now to raise his game and his consistency on the doubles is shocking.It has been at other tournaments as well. It's the best of 9 sets now and I fully expect Fitton to pull away from Webster,Webster might grab a couple of sets,but with Fitton in this form then -1.5sets should be comfortable.
Well thats gone tits up and were only at the break.Fittons doubles problems have returned but credit to Webster who we knew could play this well i just wasn't expecting it. Nearly a 9 darter but im gutted when he didn't go for that 167.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships :dudewhitlock hasnt had a proper game yet, played roosenbrand with flu, the other dutch fella with the flu, hankey with an attitude, like i said i dont think hes been tested whereas webster and adams have, the bottom half of the draw is terrible quality thats why whoever gets to the final from the bottom half of the draw will be second favourite with the bookies and generally most punters ..... thats why in my mind whoever wins out of webster /adams, wins the title. :dude

It was good to see wolfie win it last year but i don't fancy him at all to retain the title in fact i think he will go out early doors.:$:$ Two small win bets for interest.I agree with GazBlades that Co Stompe has a fair chance this year i also think Fitton can have a good run.:$:$ oh dear:(

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Webster 4/5 10 pts Mark Webster returned to much better form against Fitton. Sure Fitton will be annoyed at his doubles letting him down once again but Webster played a good game and was clinical to punish Fitton's misses. I think the Moody game was a strange occasion shall we say. Darts fans know what a good player he is the performances he has shown in the last 14 months or so and that is why he is the no.1 seed. He scores solidly, he wont hit masses of 180s, he will hit his few but generally very good at picking off a treble/trebles per visit around before, 19s especially. Finishing reasonable enough. When talking of consistent dart players, Adams is right up there. Solid scoring 100s 140s and takes the double out mostly. However his achilles heel is undoubtedly imo his inability to close out games efficiently as soon as his opponent starts playing. It perhaps explains why he has not won more majors and Thornton was a prime example and the Scot will be annoyed at not taking advantage when handed such an opportunity. Having gone into the break perhaps fortunately to be 2-2, Adams looked to be romping away with it only to wobble again and as I said, Thornton will be annoyed that he could take advantage. Against Webster any such wobble I believe will be costly and it might not come to that stage anyway. Leaving the other semi alone. Do not completely agree either that it is so obvious that the Webster/Adams winner wins the title. Whitlock is a quality player, you do not beat Barney and Taylor in TV majors without having something about you and Woods has been a great form all week. If you are looking at the averages which do not tell it all but do give an indication, Woods and Whitlock's averages in their q/f were higher than Webster's or Adams'. If Adams did beat Webster I would actually favour the winner of the other semi over him in the final.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Well what a indifferent night for me. Fitton,the checkout and Gulliver cost me 30 points though Woods,with his fantastic finishing claims me back 15pts leaving me on -8.93. Anastasia was fantastic to watch,high scoring and putting away the doubles with ease.A deserved winner and with an average of 81.94.Nice cheeky little grin when she won it,that Tony Martin's a very lucky man;) Don't worry TedtheWolf it's all going tits up on everybodys outrights:ok Adams v Webster 1st Set winning Double. Double 20 6/4 Betdirect 10pts. Both players favour this double and even though they have been under pressure,they've both hit this first time off.Both will try and leave this and I really can't see both of them missing it.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Woods v Whitlock. Woods -1.5 sets 3.3(9/4)10pts Betfair 14 or over 180's 5/4 10pts SportingBet Woods has played fantastic in this tournament so far and has been consistent with his high scoring and deadly finishing,nigh on 50% for the tournament.He's been tested by Waites and Stompe and came through just fine.He also doesn't seem to be bothered by the pace of the other player,as shown by Hanvidge. Whitlock,even though he hasn't been tested as much,is still knocking in the high scores and looks very focused.High scoring but not really put under pressure on the doubles yet and with Woods being deadly on the doubles it might shake Whitlock up quite a bit. Woods seems to be playing a much stronger game and I expect it to go blow for blow through the first 8 sets but I expect Woods' finishing to put Whitlock on the back foot slightly and to then take the game on the tight legs. Together they average 10 180's a match and with a slightly longer format then there's more scope to hit the 180's,and with each other feeding off the high score 4 more should be acheivable.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Number of 180s: Webster 12, Adams 10. http://www.bdodarts.com/WP08Sheets/Adams-Webster.pdf Nice one fellas! :clap Webster's 4/6 and Whitlock 11/10 at Stan James. It's been foolish to go solely by the stats in both championships but Webster clearly has the edge on Whitlock on numbers alone. http://www.bdodarts.com/WP08Sheets/Whitlock-Woods.pdf Aftereventing through hindsight as to ante-post bets I suppose one could argue it was slight madness that the number one seed was as high as 10/1 even if Mark Webster was third favourite. :$ The rumours about Gary Anderson defecting to the PDC could have meant a tanking in the first round like a certain Dutch trio last year...and lo and behold! :lol The seemingly unflappable Simon Whitlock who doesn't seemingly enter enough ranking events to get himself seeded was probably a shrewdies' saver bet and whaddya know? He makes the final! :loon

I think Webster will win easy.
I don't. 10pts S.Whitlock to beat M.Webster 5/4 Betfred I'm a big Mark Webster fan but Simon Whitlock is so consistent it's untrue. Webby has an annoying habit of losing his way for a couple of sets mid match and if that happens in this final he might not be able to force his way back in it. Whitlock scores solidly and this week his strength has been his finishing power. Webster has scored well as is his trademark but has missed doubles and should he get within the winning line with the match close I have my doubts if he'll see it out. Whitlock has been around the block for ages and he'll have seen it all but he'll play his game and I think he'll edge a very close final.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Whitlock 5/4 10 pts.Tbh I cant completely decide on this one. I can understand why Webster is fav. after his Adams performance but I feel just slightly for Whitlcok. If you look at the whole week, Webster has played pretty well except for that strange Moody game, he has played well all year and in time I see him as a major PDC player. If I had a slight criticism it would be that sometimes he can pull his first dart at the T20 which means he has to go for cover even more than perhaps he would like but I am being a bit harsh here probably and the way he hits his cover often it does not matter. Whitlock has not really been tested this week in the sense of a tight game but a lot of that is credit to him. When his opponents have threatened to take sets he has mainly put them away and that is why he has only lost 4 sets all week. His record in the tight sets this week is very good and is very similar to Part's record two weeks back. I actually get a slight sense that he has a lot more left and he indicated that in his interview after he beat Woods when he said something like I raise my level at the crunch level of the sets. At the start of the week i said my main trouble with him is that imo he had underachieved at Lakeside the last two years. He made a semi in 2005 but by 2006 2007 he was a much better player and yet as soon as the draw opened those years he went out. That has not been the case this week. Lets not forget this is the man who beat Barney at the WDT before and Taylor at the IDL in a longer match with both guys averages over 100. I think it will be a good game and very tight and I just go for Whitlock as the 'underdog' A checkout over 141 evens 10 pts. So far such a checkout has only been achieved once by either player I believe, Whitlock 145. However in a final which I think will be reasonably tight I can see one being on the cards with both playing good darts. Both definitely capable, Webster hit the bull very well against Adams so I could see a 161 for example and Whitlock although unorthodox to the standard dart player, actually chooses reasonably logical shots when going for his checkouts ie. two T19s to leave D18 on 150, two T19S to leave bull on 164. I can see a 141+ plus.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships Whitlock seems to be the more solid player, and although there's nothing between them when it comes down to raw ability, I feel Whitlock's consistency and more steady nerve can see him through. He's been in many finals, especially back home in Australia and so I doubt the occasion will get to him, where as with Webster, he has all the talent, but little experience of the 'big stage' and so with looking a bit in and out in most his matches (barring the semi final), I take Whitlock to come through and win. Should be close, but I feel Whitlock will grind it out.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships I foolishly bet on Woods yesterday having not seen Whitlock play this tournament. I was very impressed with his performance, very solid player and I'm going try and double up on him with a win over Webster. Shouldn't bet against a fellow Welshy, but I'm not patriotic.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championships After going on a horrible run of losing bets and after deliberating over this for ages.I can't fault both Kev and Woody's write up and mine wouldn't be any better so I'm also on Whitlock 10pts 2.56(8/5) Betfair Again on the checkout's i'm with Woody's write up but i'm playing it slightly safer with over 135.5 10 pts 8/11 SkyBet. Hopefully this will be a cracker.So good luck all cos i'm off down the pub to watch it:ok