1-3-5 Favourites

I nominate ONE meeting a day. I then nominate THREE races at that meeting. I put £1 on the FAVOURITE of the first nominated race. If that wins STOP at a winner. If the first favourite loses then £2 goes on the favourite of my second nominated race. The stake increases by £1 until a winner. The stake then reverts back to a £1. For instance, If all three lose on one day £4 would be the stake for the first race of the next day. Only go back to a £1 stake after a winner.

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites TODAYS MEETING IS SOUTHWELL Yesterday gave me a good start with a 1st Race winner at 5/2. Lets hope for more of the same today. 1st race £1 Bet Weet a Surprise WON 5/2 :clap Stopped at a winner Another 1st race winner, and again at a tasty 5/2 Start Bank £100 Current Bank £105 Profit/Loss Plus £5 (Meetings bet on 2. Won 2 Lost 0)

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites Thanks guys, it has started really well. In answer to your questions, Davyboy, they are the races at the meeting I have posted ie yesterday was Southwell 1-3-5 races. La Roz, I have changed the rules to make it more clear. There is no reason for it to be 1-3-5, I may change the races if it looks better on the day.

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites TODAYS MEETING IS TAUNTON A slight change today. Back the favourite in the 1st Race, the 2nd Race and the 3rd Race. Stop at a win We had to go to the second race today for a winner. But it gave us another winning day 1st Race £1 Bet LOST 2nd Race £3 Bet Beau Michel WON 10/11 :clap Stopped at a winner Start Bank £100 Current Bank £109.72 Profit £9.72 (Meetings bet on 4. Won 4 Lost 0)

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites TODAYS MEETING IS AT CHELTENHAM £1 on 12-45 Race Favourite, £3 on 2-30 Race Favourite, £5 on 3-40 Race Favourite. Stop at a winner. All 3 LOST. :cryAs Kevsul said, I should have stuck with my 1-3-5 Race system as it threw up a 6-1 winner on the 3rd race. Start Bank £100 Current Bank £100.72 Profit £0.72 Meetings bet on 5. Won 4 Lost 1

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites The racing is so poor today. But for the sake of interest I will nominate backing favourites on Races 1-3-5 at Kempton. £1 Race 1, £3 Race 3, £5 Race 5. Stop at a winner 1st Race Wibbadune WON 15/8 :clap Stopped at a winner Ironically, though the racing at Kempton looked dire the first three favourites came in. Start Bank £100 Current Bank £105.46 Profit £5.46 Meetings Bet on 7. Won 6. Lost 1 The number of 1st Race favourites winning has been 5/7 with prices being 5/2, 5/2, 3/1, 15/8, 15/8. Perhaps the basis for a system with a good staking plan.

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites Hi seabird, best of luck with your system mate :hope Hope it turns out well, you've got a bit of profit already so it should be good! :ok 1 little thing, have you got any reasoning/criteria for the actual selections you make each day?? If its done on a system, we do like to hear a little bit about it (you needn't supply full disclosure of the criteria, just an idea of the main ones would be cool), if they are your own reasoned selections could you possibly supply a line or 2 of reasoning with the selections??

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites All three lost yesterday and plunged me into a loss situation. As I've had 6 winning days out of eight, with some decent prices it seems the staking or the format needed an overhaul. I have now changed my staking system. With this new system I would now be £7 in profit instead of over £3 down. Todays Meeting is SOUTHWELL 1st Race St. Savarin WON 2/5 :clap Stopped at a winner Race 1 £4, Race 3 £5, Race 5 £6. Stop at a winner Start Bank £100 Current Bank £98.06 Loss £1.94 Meetings Bet on 9. Won 7. Lost 2

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites In answer to your question Zuly Warrior. I have noticed that quite a lot of 1st Races end up with the favourite winning. So I try to find a meeting that has good looking favourites in some of the later races, so if the first one fails hopefully the others won't. My staking system has been at fault, so I have modified it and hopefully it will get us into profit again.

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites TODAYS MEETING IS ASCOT _ FAVOURITES Race 3 £1, Race 4 £2, Race 5 £3. Stop at a winner Race 3 £1 DEEP PURPLE WON 4/6 :clap Stopped at a winner Start Bank £100 Current £100.17 Profit £0.17 Meetings Bet on 12. Won 10. Lost 2 Since I changed my staking system a few days ago I have now moved back into profit. If this had been in place from day one we would be in profit by £10.89. I have now re-wrote the criteria to make the updates more understandable. I would welcome any feedback that could improve the profitability.

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites

TODAYS MEETING IS CATTERICK £4 Race 1, £5 Race 3, £6 Race 5. Stop at a winner 3rd Race £5 Young Smokey WON 4/1 jf3.:clap Stopped at a winner Start Bank £100 Current Bank £99.83 Loss £0.17
This cant be right? Having lost £4 on 1st race, you did all 3 favs @ £5 winner returns £20 profit 2 losers lose another £10 So that's £10 profit minus the £4 from race 1 = £6? Therefore the balance should be £99.17 again?

Re: 1-3-5 Favourites

This cant be right? Having lost £4 on 1st race, you did all 3 favs @ £5 winner returns £20 profit 2 losers lose another £10 So that's £10 profit minus the £4 from race 1 = £6? Therefore the balance should be £99.17 again?
Fleet you could be correct, But I am unsure, I think Bowles or BH, maye someone else, but if you back a UN-NAMED fav i think it goes with the stake I.E. £2 @ 2/1 returns total £6 £2 @ 2/1JF returns total £3 as you actually have 2 horses running for you. So with his 4/1 cf of 3 I think it was a £6 stake. so it becomes a £2 win at 4/1 so £10 total return. Hope I got this right. Sorry for jumping in but it may help for his future staking plans.