** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov

Croatia and England should finish all square' date=' and the Difference here is, England will feel they have had a bad qualifying campaign whilst Croatia are over the moon with theirs.[/quote'] If Croatia and England finish all square, I don't think the feelings in Croatia and England will be too different. Croatians are used to competing successfully against the best teams so they did expect to qualify, I believe. So why they should be all over the moon? Because they won at home against England - they expected it, just ask them about their proud home record. Because they won away in Israel? Yep, it's a good result. Because they got a draw in Russia? Another good result... but not "all over the moon". Actually, if I were English, I would have felt disappointed but not with the campaign - more with the coach. But I would have been all over the moon with the win of Israel over Russia ;) And I don't believe Croatia lacks motivation for this match. The opponent is their motivation. And perhaps it's a but too early to think about injuries... I still haven't decided whether to bet on this match, but if I do - it will not be on the home win. Not saying England can't win, but no value in the odds.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Czechs will win the group if they win in Cyprus - they are level on points with Germany and have a better H2H - 1-2 @ home' date=' 3-0 away. By the sound of it the player look determined to win in Cyprus to prove something - well, finishing in front of mighty Germany will be quite heart-warming after the germans blew their chance when playing the Czechs @ home. With Cyprus having absolutely nothing to play for, I wouldn't back the home side, rather the away side. And I'm not biased as I almost never bet on Czech matches.[/quote'] Wouldnt say Cyprus have nothing to play for! If they win tomorrow they go ahead of the Republic and prob finish above Ireland (better head to head) They also stay ahead of slovakia!!! Still not betting though.... Now wont that be humiliating. Thanks steve staunton.:@

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov England-Croatia.Draw or Croatia +1.England team this time nothing special,I read in The Guardian that is 20 things why Croatia will lost:lol Today all world will bet in England,but I think that is big mistake.Draw,under.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov Has anyone thought about Croatias motivation to knock England out of the tournament as surely they would be a bigger threat to them than Russia! This really is an open bet. I can see England playing cautiously as no need to go gung ho and I suspect Croatia will try the counter attack. I dont see the need for them to rest players as they have qualified. This will be a test for them and the finals are not until next year. If I was their coach I would play my strongest team to see how they can compete and try to knock England out. I think under 2.5 goals is the best shout, as if England go 2 nil up they will shut up shop. I think the sides are similar in ability and will cancel each other out. Good luck to all those that bet

I'm gonna change the subject from the England Croatia game as I think it is one to avoid..England are always underpriced and who knows what Croatian team will turn up at Wembley.. How about this..Hungary to beat Greece @3.15?? Greece are already group winners and will surely rest key players. Hungary are strong at home and need a win to boost their rankings ahead of the WC Qualifying draw..a win could take them upto 4th..whereas they currently languish in 6th. Need to investigate team news..and weather conditions..but surely the Hungarians will relish the snow more than the Greeks??
Trenutni sastavi "Å¡eÅ¡ira" PRVI: Italija, Francuska, Njemačka, Å panija, Holandija, Portugal, ČeÅ¡ka, Hrvatska, Engleska. DRUGI: Rumunija, Å kotska, Grčka, Rusija, Poljska, NorveÅ¡ka, Ukrajina, Å vedska, Srbija. TREĆI: Turska, Danska, Republika Irska, Bugarska, Sjeverna Irska, Izrael, Å vajcarska, Finska, Mađarska. ČETVRTI: Bosna i Hercegovina, Slovačka, Belgija, Kipar, Vels, Moldavija, Albanija, Gruzija, Makedonija. PETI: Slovenija, Island, Jermenija, Letonija, Austrija, Litvanija, Bjelorusija, Azerbejdžan, LihtenÅ¡tajn. Å ESTI: Kazahstan, Estonija, Malta, Luksemburg, Crna Gora, Andora, Farska Ostrva, San Marino. Hungary is already in third group look at Mađarska! Bosnia and Hercegovina just can kick them out of group 3 if they win in Turkie,but they will not win so. For WC you look at those cvalificaions and cvalifications for Germany WC. so this is what its looks like Hrvatska(croatia) and Engleska(england) will drop down because swiss and austria ar going in front of them. cheers

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov For me Germany is clerar HW. I thing they will be motivated to proof that bad results against Ireland and Czech R was just a bad period. Wales have some important missings as you can read here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/league_of_wales/7100667.stm . Germany Probable line-up: Lehmann - Fritz, Mertesacker, Metzelder, Lahm - Hilbert, Borowski, Hitzlsperger, Podolski - Gomez, Klose Germany will have to much for Wales.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov I don't know why so many people are interested to bet england game only.Other than patriotic reason i don't think there is much to bet about this game.There are so many other matches come on give us some bankers people.:ok

For me Germany is clerar HW. I thing they will be motivated to proof that bad results against Ireland and Czech R was just a bad period. Wales have some important missings as you can read here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/league_of_wales/7100667.stm . Germany Probable line-up: Lehmann - Fritz, Mertesacker, Metzelder, Lahm - Hilbert, Borowski, Hitzlsperger, Podolski - Gomez, Klose Germany will have to much for Wales.
I agree with you 100%

Gerrard to hit the post at anytime @ 11/1 is a fun bet Ive got on for interest while watching.
Haha! Does it count if he headbutts it? Wonder what odds I could get on Crouch falling over an advertising board at any time, of course :lol My thoughts on England v Croatia - England have to impress tonight, Mclaren knows it, the players know it the fans want it. Anything but a win will be disappointing - I know it means we're through, but there will be a 'good enough to qualify, but not good enough' feeling. I'm not touching this game, watching it will be nerve-shredding enough and the win will feel like a 500-1 win for me anyway. If I had to predict a final score..I'll go with 2-1 England. And Crouch to fall off the pitch, at any time :hope

Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov Spain-NorthernIreland Spain already qualified while NI needs to win here and still needs Latvia to beat Sweden on other match to qualify. Spain could field a few second strings, but they're still too strong for NI. The last 3 match Spain showed they can score goals (Sweden 3-0, Denmark 3-1, Latvia 2-0), not like when they seem struggled for goals at the first parts of the qualifying. NI pretty good team at home, but away against team like Spain who have so many talents with skills, NI's defence will facing the hardest test. NI will fight, but Spain will win comfortably. Tips: Big bet on Spain -1.25 AH England-Croatia England only needs a draw to qualify, while Croatia already qualified. Both teams lost the last match, England lose at Russia (1-2), while Croatia lose at Macedonia (0-2). But with all due respect to Macedonia, I think Croatia just lose because they already know the result of Israel-Russia, then became too happy and not focus anymore on the match. I follow these 2 matches last weekend (watching Israel live and monitoring Croatia from livescore) and if I'm not wrong, when Israel-Russia 1-1, Croatia still 0-0 but after the final result, Croatia conceded 2 goal. This time against England, Croatia won't lose easily, especially with England missing so many first-team players. Croat such a hard-to-beat team, defeat by Macedonia is the first on this qualification, they even beat Swedia on away match on WC2006 qualification. Indeed England's form better before the away match vs Russia, win 4 times by 3-0 result, but I don't think their flick-on goals (just like they did against Israel and Russia at home) will be working against Croatia. And one more thing, the 1 AH odds is a bit too high, 3/4 or even 1/2 still fair enough for me, but I guess it's because Croatia don't need anything. Tips: Croatia +1 AH Portugal-Finlandia Portugal only needs a draw to make sure they'll be go to EURO 2008. Finlandia must win here, but even they win, it still depends on Serbia's result against Poland on the same day and Kazakstan next Sunday. With the 1.25 on AH, my thought at first that Portugal kinda safe bet, probably just lose half. But Finlandia's defense pretty tight, their only lost on away matches was against Azerbaijan, and they could hold Serbia & Poland with same goaless draw. And I think Portugal really missed Deco now, he's the only one who could give pass to up front and wingers like Ronaldo, Simao, Quaresma or Nani. I know it'll be such a miracle if Finlandia wins here, but I'm still thinking about interesting fact involving qualified teams for Euro and the previous World Cup's semifinalist. Since World Cup 82, there's always at least one semifinalist of WC which didn't qualify for the next EURO. Here's the fact: - Italy out of EURO 84 after win the WC 82. - France didn't make EURO 88 after 3rd on WC 86 (Belgia the other semifinalist, and they're out of EURO 88 too). - Italy (again) out of EURO 92 after 3rd on WC 90. - Sweden didn't make EURO 96 after 3rd on WC 94. - Croatia didn't make EURO 2000 after 3rd on WC 98 - Turkey didn't make EURO 2004 after 3rd on WC 2002 Italy, France, Germany & Portugal were the previous semifinalist of WC 2006. I thought Italy that will be out this time (before vs Scotland). Now probably the fact will repeat even I'll feel sorry for Portugal if they don't make EURO 2008! Tips: Finland + 1.25 AH

How about this..Hungary to beat Greece @3.15?? Greece are already group winners and will surely rest key players. Hungary are strong at home and need a win to boost their rankings ahead of the WC Qualifying draw..a win could take them upto 4th..whereas they currently languish in 6th. Need to investigate team news..and weather conditions..but surely the Hungarians will relish the snow more than the Greeks??
Greece may already be group winners, but they are still motivated to win this game. The motive regards the draw for the qualification games for the next World Cup. If Greece wins the tonight game, they will be in the first group of teams at the draw for the world cup. This means that they will be able to avoid "big" teams, so maybe for Greece easier qualification games. The press and everybody here in Greece is thinking of tonight's game as a must win. I can't say if they'll win or not, but I can say for sure that they're travelling targeting on all three points.

If Croatia and England finish all square, I don't think the feelings in Croatia and England will be too different. Croatians are used to competing successfully against the best teams so they did expect to qualify, I believe. So why they should be all over the moon? Because they won at home against England - they expected it, just ask them about their proud home record. Because they won away in Israel? Yep, it's a good result. Because they got a draw in Russia? Another good result... but not "all over the moon". Actually, if I were English, I would have felt disappointed but not with the campaign - more with the coach. But I would have been all over the moon with the win of Israel over Russia ;) And I don't believe Croatia lacks motivation for this match. The opponent is their motivation. And perhaps it's a but too early to think about injuries... I still haven't decided whether to bet on this match, but if I do - it will not be on the home win. Not saying England can't win, but no value in the odds.
What is all this talk about value? so basically you are saying you would rather bet on good "value" and lose rather than bet on not so good "value" and win? does not make much sense IMO. Who cares what the value is. England is probably going to win today at home. As Far as Croatia on the road, looking at the numbers yes they look very strong with a 3-1-1 and 11 for and conceding 5. I will give them a good result in Russia getting a 0-0. Russia also got a 0-0 in Croatia. For the other road games a 4-3 at Israel, a 1-0 at Estonia, 6-0 vs lowly Andorra, and 0-2 at Macedonia last game. Sure the draw in Russia was impressive and the 4-3 win in Israel I guess is impressive but the rest isn't impressive at all. You can have the "good value" I'll take the winner and I wouldn't be shocked if England won this game by 2. GL

Haha! Does it count if he headbutts it? Wonder what odds I could get on Crouch falling over an advertising board at any time, of course :lol
dunno mate tbh - it was one of the specials on the bookies wall - gave it a fiver for fun, dont even know if the keeper putting it onto the post counts ?? Gerrard will have plenty shots on goal, I reckon in 11 games he'd hit the post in 1 of them. agree with punty's treble - on a piss-poor coupon for betting purposes it was the 3 that jumped out for me - Im going with them 3 and England draw. .

How about this..Hungary to beat Greece @3.15?? Greece are already group winners and will surely rest key players. Hungary are strong at home and need a win to boost their rankings ahead of the WC Qualifying draw..a win could take them upto 4th..whereas they currently languish in 6th. Need to investigate team news..and weather conditions..but surely the Hungarians will relish the snow more than the Greeks??
Here is a quote from a Greek friend of mine:
Coach Rehhagel was asked by Greek reporters about what motivation does his team have for the last two games after the impressive performance against Malta, despite having already qualified. He said he's playing for the World Cup qualifiers now! It makes sense. The nine European teams that will head the nine qualifying groups will be determined by the points colleected from this qualification round and of the previous WC's qualification games. Right now Greece is in 10th place and will jump to ninth if they win in Budapest, thanks to Croatia's loss in Macedonia. So at a time when the top European national teams are falling over each other to avoid top spot, Greece is going after as many points as possible to be in the best position possible to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.
As i respect his views i have backed Greece to win at 2.15. A great price for a group topper!

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov Armenia-Kazakhstan - 1 8/10 Armenia is for me,at least,a half-class better team than kazak.Play at home where they draw with portugal,serbia...etc,kazakhstan is simply bad at away,so this is clear home win for me.Armenia want to win this,they want to be over belgium in group,with 2 games less than belgium.Also kazaks travel from serbia to armenia,they didnt play last game and they are exhousted. Georgia-Lithuania - 1 3/10 Another ex-russian match,and another home win,i think,simply this pick is based on mentality on 2 teams and georgian youngesters want to show that they are capable for first team.Motivation and home ground are on georgian side. Azeri - Belgium under 2.5 goals 6/10 Two defensive teams without motivation. Spain - N.Ireland - 1 5/10 No value but worth try,spain want revenge for result in n.ireland and they beaten swedwn already.For 100% home record. Israel - Macedonia - 1 8/10 Israel finished his job,for england,2 friendly countries work for each other,they relations are much deeper,not only sports.But God helped Israeli and England on that game,cause in 90 min russia hit bar on 1-1 result.Now much easier job against poor macedonia.Israel at home is always motivated.Macedonians are satisfied with they win over croatia. Cyprus - Czaech over 2.5 goals. 4/10 Expect open game with lot goals cause no pressure on this game.Cypris will score 1-2 times for sure. I also expect under 2.5 goals on hungary-Greece game and slovenia - bulgaria. Sorry about my bad english,and why u all talk just about one game.Today thats englandcroatia,last weak that was israel-russia.Is that group so intresting...or just because england is there...England goes to Euro like always.RELAX!Never mind how they play,thatsEngland,all for our "football mother".Israel keep ur back!

Serbia V Poland Serbia must win to keep the dream alive (2 games left), Poland already home and dry. Cant see Poland risking too many stars or being any bit worried about the result while its a MUST win for serbia who have the players capable of beating Poland. The match kicks off at the same time as Portugal V Finland and in the freak event of Finland beating Portugal Serbia really have to rack up the goals in their last two matches to qualify. (Better head to head v Finland & equal with Portugal) Lets just hope portugal dont score too early and drain the hope out of the serbians. Verdict Home Win @ bout 4/7. 8/10 Personally im gonna try the treble at about 7.1 :hope Anybody wanna help try deter me??? Any info appreciated
The likes of Boruc, Krzynowek, Blaszczykowski, Smolarek,...,didn't even arrive in Belgrade!

This must be a massive joke :puke Do you really think England is that great? With an absolute idiot on the bench and a bunch of lousy millionaires running on the pitch? Croatia' date=' when something serious at stake, is very difficult to beat even against top teams, those much better than England. The visitors can't afford another defeat and I'm sure they'll put in a good fight. Pressure is on England, not Croatia. I rate Croatia among top teams in Europe at the moment, a little behind Italy and France, and equal to Holland, Spain, Germany and Czech. You may ask where England is. It is fair to say they are at the same level with Sweden, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Ireland. I don't know how England (even at full strength) can be given 1.5 against Croatia. Given the Croat's motivation and England's nerve plus their toothless attack, I do believe Croatia +1 AH is excellent value. I will put my whole bank on it, just looking for the best price available. England will not win, not to mention by a large margin. This game has a big fat DRAW written over it. And I may try a small bet on Croatia's win at around 7. What a joke! :tongue2[/quote'] nice write up. croats are fired up for this game. and Croatia never lost two games in a row in Qualifing matches. to me that´s enough to take this silly price. :lol

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov Isreal and Portugal are the only bets that appeal to me tonight. Isreal are tough at home and aslong as they play to their potential, they should over come Macedonia. 1.55 Home Win Isreal Portugal should be able to polish off FInland, they need a draw, but wont want to be scrapping it out, and should do the business by a couple of goals. 1.35 Home win Portugal

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov Just to correct an earlier point made in this thread, The finishing positions of the top 2 in each group have no bearing on the seedings at the Euro finals. I checked this with UEFA. There are only 4 seeds for the finals -3 of which are already decided: Austria, Switzerland, and Greece. The 4th spot should go to Holland, barring a miracle. The 4 top seeds are separated in the finals, one being in each of 4 groups, but the rest (other 12 teams) are drawn at random to go into one of the four groups. There are no 2nd seeds, etc.

Surely Finland are worth a small stake at 11.0 (BetFair) in Portugal. A win would take them to the Finals at Portugals expense and they do not concede many goals. Both teams have been stuttering but I do feel a small outlay is in order. Portugal seem very nervous and I expect this game to be much tighter than it is made out. With neither team exactly free scoring the longer it remains 0-0 the more nervous the portugese will become I suggest a tentative 1/10 stake Good luck all :)
The longer it remains 0-0, the more nervous Finland will be, not Portugal. Portugal can still qualify with a draw while Finland must win all remaining matches. I rate Portugal's odds is very low each time they play and don't see them trashing opponents with many goals. Likely score is 1-0, 0-0

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov I'm going to have a very small punt on Latvia at 18.00 against Sweden. The Swedes had a poor result against Spain on Saturday. I feel Northern Ireland will lose in Spain but may be kicking themselves as the result in Sweden goes their way.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov Amazed no one has talked about the Ukraine game. Ukraine will take on France in Kiev tonight, France and Italy have already qualified and I think Ukraine have to be worth a shout at 3.10 with Willy Hill. Only incentive for France to win would be to top the group and as the group stands Italy are top with 26 and France second on 25. Italy take on Faroe Island tonight in Italy and thats a definate home win so France have no real hope of finishing top anyway. Current temperature in Ukraine is -2 can you honestly think Henry and co. will be totally fired up to win in these conditions when they have nothing to play for as they are already through? Furthermore Ukraine need a win in front of their home fans after a poor qualifying campaign. Home team needs a performance and France imo wont be too concerned if they lose. Goodluck with all bets:hope

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov willhill have layed a 26k bet on a england win tonight. i think they'll get it aswell, playing for a draw is too risky, they need to put on a bit of a show at wembley, postives 1. englands home perfomance vs russia 2. croatia's defeat in macedonia. its about time Lampard did something tonight, think i'll chance him on 1st goal scorer.:ok

Greece may already be group winners' date=' but they are still motivated to win this game. The motive regards the draw for the qualification games for the next World Cup. If Greece wins the tonight game, they will be in the first group of teams at the draw for the world cup. This means that they will be able to avoid "big" teams, so maybe for Greece easier qualification games. The press and everybody here in Greece is thinking of tonight's game as a must win. I can't say if they'll win or not, but I can say for sure that they're travelling targeting on all three points.[/quote'] Thanks Pavlosli...excellent tip..I may even go against my original tip and back Greece Cheers! :clap

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov I don't think there will be too many goals in tonights match and personally can't see Croatia winning at Wembley, but i definitely wouldn't rule out the draw. I am going to back on the half time/ full time - England/draw @14/1. Over the last few years England have been strong starters at home and may go into the break a goal up, but then may look to settle for that and concede in the second half as they try to hold onto what they have if they are leading. Also, as England have been strong in defence at home during the campaign i will have a couple of small bets on the correct score for England victories 1-0 and 2-0. Bets: England/draw England 1-0 England 2-0

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers - Weds 21st Nov Half Time England 0-2 Croatia Bookie must be laughing all the way since Israel-Russia match until now. Mistakes by both Carson and McClaren's decision to field him as first choice GK. I hope England make a remarkable come back in 2nd half to at least draw this match. Good Luck three lions