Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov

Definately agree with this!! England match was a flook' date=' and the Spain match they just bullied them, they won't be able to do this against a physical Danish team who have much the better players![/quote'] What a load of bullshit Norn Iron have beaten England, Spain ,Latvia,Sweden and now Denmark ,wind your neck in DEE you're a typical Republic supporter from the North full of bitterness . Northern Ireland do not steal players from other countries to make up the numbers eg Ray Houghton John Aldridge and lots more. Hail Hail Sir DAVID HEALY all time european goalscorer record holder ,i know he would not get into the mighty Republic team he's not a R.C. . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9m61G6vU8

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portugal horrible performance tonight (with Cristiano Ronaldo, Quaresma and Simão clearly uninspired) kept me from having a nice profit. At least they're only one draw away from qualification (but surely have to play better next wednesday at home against Finland). :cheers JC
i dont think so for wednesday ! they shoul rest some key players for the next more important game not to finland , portugal play for nothing

What a load of bullshit Norn Iron have beaten England, Spain ,Latvia,Sweden and now Denmark ,wind your neck in DEE you're a typical Republic supporter from the North full of bitterness . Northern Ireland do not steal players from other countries to make up the numbers eg Ray Houghton John Aldridge and lots more. Hail Hail Sir DAVID HEALY all time european goalscorer record holder ,i know he would not get into the mighty Republic team he's not a R.C. . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9m61G6vU8
Northern Ireland team? Can you see quality in this team? NO! Sanchez had this team playing very good efficient football by pressing the ball like Charlton used to do as he knew the Republic was not the best of teams either. Worthington actually tries to play football which will NOT suit the north as they are POOR which was evident in their away losses to Iceland and Latvia when they tried to get the ball down and play attractive football. Bitterness? Why would i be? Both the teams have not qualified yet i'm supposed to be jealous? Or are you trying to say i am sectarian? A pretty serious accusation for just stating that i thought the north has a poor team! The south have just a decent team and NOT a good team and in noway will i over rate them! Their team is pretty ageing and they don't have much good youth players coming threw. Do not even start that argument!! What about John Barnes, was he English? NO he's jamaican! What about all these French players who have only qualified through being in the French colonies? Or all these English players who originated through their colonies? What about Darren Gibson, an Irish nationalist from Derry, who wants to play for the south yet the IFA are trying to STEAL HIM? You really need to check the facts out before you start an argument! And no Healy, a player who was on the bench half the time for Leeds last season, would not start ahead of Robbie Keane or Kevin Doyle.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov Hi Dee , interesting comment's from you first about Darren Gibson i'm sorry but you have got your fact's completely wrong. Gibson was born in Derry/Londonderry which is in Northern Ireland he played his football as a schoolboy in the maiden city where he won schoolboy international honours then on to the under 17's and so on. He was spotted and signed for Man U. THEN AND ONLY THEN when they were tipped off did the Republic become interested ,when because of his republican background and a row with a I.F.A COACH over playing N.ireland or going over to old trafford to sign for United his mentor in Derry kicked up a fuss. So he declared his intensions of playing for the Republic who the literaly STOLE him from N.ireland as his career until then had been entirely funded by the I.F.A. My own personal opinion is if he want's to jump ship and play for what is seen in Northern Ireland as a foreign national team so be it. As reguards Healy he is leading and all time european goalscorer which speaks for it's self .Robbie Keane is a good player not a great player who is getting over the hill and has not scored a goal for the republic in any of their crunch games against the Germans OR Czec's .Where as Healy has scored 5 with 1 game left against the Spanish and Swed's.Doyle i like as a player but he is NOT a goalscorer more of a link player who holds the ball well and uses it intellegently ,he would be a good foil for Healy but Keane he's like a few you have on the panel time to go.