** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov Nastro I'll back you up here. I was at the game, yes Celtic started slowly, but Boruc really only had one world class save to make the whole game. After that initial period where you claim farcically that we should have bn 3 down we were the better side. Played some gd stuff in the middle of the park and forced some top saves from the Benfica keeper. I admit the goal was lucky but on the balance of play in that period of the match it was deserved. Second half we defended better, and yes Cardozo missed a sitter but the keeper at the other end but in an inspired showing to keep it at 1-0. I'm v delighted to say that I took the bookies to the cleaners on the back of that DESERVED result :D. Roll on Shaktar!!!! Hail Hail

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov

Nastro I'll back you up here. I was at the game, yes Celtic started slowly, but Boruc really only had one world class save to make the whole game. After that initial period where you claim farcically that we should have bn 3 down we were the better side. Played some gd stuff in the middle of the park and forced some top saves from the Benfica keeper. I admit the goal was lucky but on the balance of play in that period of the match it was deserved. Second half we defended better, and yes Cardozo missed a sitter but the keeper at the other end but in an inspired showing to keep it at 1-0. I'm v delighted to say that I took the bookies to the cleaners on the back of that DESERVED result :D. Roll on Shaktar!!!! Hail Hail
Martin, What counts at the end is the final result (and Celtic won) so no point in discussing this any further...still think it could and should have been a lot better for Benfica. Luck evens itself out in the long term so maybe next time Benfica will get lucky and Celtic not...
:nanacongrats JCtips:nana:nana:nana s,bucharest, cska moscow, rangers (MUST WIN SITUATION) WAT YR PREVIEWS FO 2DAY?:beer
Thanks sachin. I'm staying away from those games tonight. And Rangers are not in a "must win situation" (they're in 1st place on 7 points along with Barcelona and 4 points ahead of Lyon). These are all games where I find it hard to find "value" so I stayed away. :cheers JC

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov

Martin, What counts at the end is the final result (and Celtic won) so no point in discussing this any further...still think it could and should have been a lot better for Benfica. Luck evens itself out in the long term so maybe next time Benfica will get lucky and Celtic not... JC
I only took issue to the comment which said it was a lucky result. In my opinion I felt it was a game we deserved to win, Celtic had more chances to extend their lead than what Benfica had to level the game. In my view it was a merited result. Anyway gd luck with your bets tonight :ok