** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov Chelsea & Real Madrid Double 4/1 I fancy both the above teams to win. Why? Chelsea: on form playing well now and vs schalke who lost to bottom side in germany a few days back and now have major injury problems i can see chelsea getting the job done here 2-0 Real Madrid: Olympiakos are the real suprise package of the group and real madrid will now know what to expect and won't take them lightly. I think 4/1 on the double is great Adam

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov

Porto - Marseille Pick: Porto Win @ 1.80 (Totesport) 10/10 Porto is undefeated in their league while Marseille can't seem to buy a win in the French League and are right at the bottom of the table. In the game at Marseille, Porto outplayed Marseille IMO. The French team was very lucky as they have been overall in their CL results so far. Porto should defeat Marseille and essentially move one step closer to qualifying for the next round.
I have to agree that there looks to be some value in Porto tonight. The relevant "but" here is Lucho's absence. He has been instrumental for Porto this season, and we struggled last Friday with him out of the side (injured after 10 minutes' play). But this game is simply too important for Porto, who do tend do raise their game on these big European nights. Bosingwa comes back after injury, the rest of the team is OK and the only question is Lucho's replacement (possibly Bolatti?). Don't go big stakes on Porto but I do believe we're a decent bet tonight.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov SCHALKE 04-CHELSEA Only the one bet for me tonight, I think. Chelsea have come back on track now and look like the big team they are supposed to be. Not many teams will be able to handle Chelsea when they are in gear. I can't help to think that Schalke will need to try and go forward and get a result if they are to have a good chance to move into the next round. This will surly suit Chelsea. Score prediction: 1-2 Pick 1: Chelsea - 2,20 @ Betsafe (4/10) I may have a look at Celtic later too, odds around 2,05 look interesting. Celtic always a strong home team, and last time they played Benfica at home they won, and lost the away game.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov Liverpool v Besiktas This is the best bet of this night ! Beşiktaş with many problem after the last league game with Fenerbahçe(FB 2-1 BJK)...players without moral after this game,the management from BJK explain after the game they will be play next league game with the youth team... BJK have many problem in defens zone specially Goalkeeper Hakan in bad form. On the otherside for Liverpool this is the last chance in CL. Win it's a must here for them... Liverpool -1

Has to be celtic even money looks to good to turn down they have a decent home record at home and beat milan last time out at home.
Would have to agree with you here my friend. Was at Celtic Park last year, when to say the least we more than deserved the win. I also watched the game in Portugal 2 weeks ago, Strachen went with changed tactics that night ( Killen up front in-stead of McDonald ) and to be fair the first half we did reasonably well. Second half was a different story but I feel the first half gave me the information I needed on betting on tonights game. I dont see Benfica having the same calibre of players as they did last year ( missing Simao big time ) and I think Celtic, have improved their squad with the addition of McDonald ( scoring two hat tricks in a row and notching two more on Saturdays win away to Kilmarnock ). He is on a rich vain of form and I would even suggest a punt on him to score at any time with odds of 2.75 with WH. Further information from the Celtic team ahead of tonights game is that Naka is out, this is a slight blow for the side but I think McGeady will be more than applicable of creating the chances for McDonald and Venegoor to put away. With Hartly protecting the defence I feel Celtic have a superb chance of taking all three points here tonight, and lets not forget Celtics formidable home record that has helped them so much in past games. Celtic win 9/10 :cow ALL THE BEST!! :cheers

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov Hi all! Olympiakos - Real Madrid || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.57 Shakhtar Donetsk - AC Milan || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.41 Schalke 04 - Chelsea || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.35 Valencia - Rosenborg BK || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.55 Porto - Marseille || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.30 tot @ 6.02 [expekt] Shakhtar Donetsk - AC Milan || X2 @ 1.32 Schalke 04 - Chelsea || X2 @ 1.30 Valencia - Rosenborg BK || 1 @ 1.20 Liverpool - Besiktas || 1 @ 1.25 Celtic - Benfica || double chance 1X @ 1.25 tot @ 3.22 [expekt] Lazio - Werder Bremen || 2 @ 2.90 Celtic - Benfica || 1 @ 1.95 Liverpool - Besiktas || 1 @ 1.25 Shakhtar Donetsk - AC Milan || 2 @ 2.20 Manchester United - Dynamo Kiev || 1 @ 1.20 Internazionale - CSKA Moskva || 1 @ 1.30 tot @ 24.26 [expekt]

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Liverpool - Besiktas
Selection Liverpool -1.75 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 06/11/2007
Bookmaker/Price Bet1128 @ 2.09 (Back)
Reasoning Liverpool should win this without any problems. I know they are struggling lately, but this is an european night at Anfield and the crowd should lift them. They are far superior team then Besiktas. The visitors were plain lucky in the first game. And the defence of the home team is starting to be solid again, so no doubts for me here. Big home win.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov My picks for today in the Champions League: Liverpool-Besiktas Besiktas will be without three 1st team regulars (Tello, Gokhan Zan and Marcio Nobre ) tonight. Liverpool is in a very poor form and not getting decent results recently. I've placed a bet on them to "bounce back" away in Turkey and they didn't. I'll do the same tonight. They have the players and the coach it takes to get the job done (these boys have been in 2 of the last 3 CL finals). My picks: home -1.5/-2AH (Asian Handicap) and >2.5/>3; Schalke-Chelsea Schalke is usually better at home than away but they might be without striker Kevin Kuranyi due to a thigh strain. Chelsea is sitting at the top of the group and will be happy with a draw here as that would be a good away result for them and put them in a good position regarding the qualification to the next stage. I expect a "tight" game which might very well end up in a draw. My pick: draw; Porto-Marseille The "key" to this game IMO is that Porto will be without Argentinian International midfielder Lucho Gonzalez (one of the two Porto players which have world class...the other being Ricardo Quaresma). Without him the team is not the same and lacks creativity in the middle. I also see Porto as still being the favourites and Marseille playing for the draw as this would suit them just fine. My pick: away +1AH; Valencia-Rosenborg Valencia has a new coach, Dutch Ronald Koeman which I know very well from the time when he coached Benfica a few seasons ago. They will also be looking for "revenge" tonight after being beat by Rosenborg in the previous round. Rosenborg will sit at the back and hope for the ball not to go in and trying to score from a corner kick or something similar (just like they did against Chelsea). I do expect several goals to be scored in this match so I see "value" in taking the over. My pick: >3; Lazio-W. Bremen While Lazio seems to be in a downtrend lately, Bremen seems to be "getting back on track" and also scoring a lot of goals. Both teams have scored and also allowed goals in all of the previous 3 rounds and I see that as very likely to happen again tonight. My pick: >2.5; Olympiakos-Real Madrid Those who saw the game or the highlights of the previous game saw how unfair that Real Madrid win was. Even with only 10 men Olympiakos had the better chances and they're playing great attacking football. Real also finds the net easily but are not very secure at the back. Again, both teams have scored and also allowed goals in all of the previous 3 rounds and I see that as very likely to happen again tonight. My pick: >3; Celtic-Benfica Celtic is usually a good home team (not so good away from home). Benfica is starting to get the results lately and are always scoring at least one goal in every game. Benfica is also the team in the Champions League with more shots on goal and striker Oscar Cardozo is the player in the Champions League with more shots on goal. I expect a very intense game here tonight and see value in taking the "over" once again. My pick: >3; Shakhtar-Milan Shakhtar was doing great until they were thrashed in the previous round away to Milan. They are a good side and will be looking to bounce back. Their coach M. Lucescu said the draw could be a good result for them. Milan is in a horrible form in the Italian league but they've been getting good results in the Champions League. A draw would be a good result also for them so I see it as very likely. My pick: draw; Good luck!

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov I believe we may see a few draws tonight. My belief stems from the fact that many teams are in a position where they prefer not to loose and as a result will not risk much. The Group phase of the CL often has such strategy after the first three games. With this in mind, I will pick four draws: Celtic - Benfica Pick: Draw @ 3.4 (Ladbrokes) 5/10 If either team loses tonight they are essentially finished for the next round. I feel Benfica, especially, as visitors will be very careful and play for the draw. Celtic tried to do the same in Lisbon but lost in the closing minutes 1-0. I think we can expect a tight 1-1 draw. Olympiakos - Real Madrid Pick: Draw @ 3.4 (Bet365) 5/10 Under 2.5 goals (Centrebet) @ 2.25 10/10 Given the goal fest of the previous game in Madrid, I think both teams will watch their defense tonight. Olympiakos knows that if they risk too much Real could trash their defense. Real will be in a great position for qualification to the 16 with a draw. Hence, I see a tight, low scoring draw that won't hurt either team. Shakhtar - Milan Pick: Draw @ 3.25 (Ladbrokes) 5/10 With a draw both teams will stand excellent chance of proceeding to the next round and therefore I don't see either team taking too many chances forward. Shakthar especially will be very careful at the back given the number of goals it gave up in Milan. Lazio - Werder Pick: Draw @ 3.4 (Skybet) 5/10 The team that loses this match is probably done with the CL. Hence, both will be careful and try to steal the match. I don't think this will happen. Lazio have a propensity to draw in their league and Werder looked a bit goal shy against Hansa on Saturday where they just won 1-0.

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov It doesn’t seem to get any easier to beat the bookies !!

There is widespread support for Celtic tonight, and based on their European home record this is justified. I got burnt last week when they lost to Hearts and am a bit reluctant but will probably add them in anyway.

I could write the same thing about Liverpool. There quality and pedigree should see them through but my confidence is not high although they seem to be up against a very disjointed Besiktas side.

Valencia have been well tipped above and I can’t add anything to that.

I think that the three teams above will form a low stakes treble (may even try to perm 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 correct scores for some interest).

If I do take an interest in the other games, it will be as a low stakes 3 from 5 perm on the draw across the board as I see them all being very close.

Good luck to all tonight…..

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Celtic v Benfica
Selection Benfica
Strength 10/10
Date 06/11/2007
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.10 (Back)
Reasoning The Celtic bandwagon is up and running again and the world and its mother see them continuing their marvellous home run - Everybody except for me. Benfica although not in the best of form yet are a force to be reckoned with when they click and have the un-envious record of having the most wides so far in the tournament. One day this will click into place and Celtic could be just the place for that to happen. Celtic have beaten ACMilan here already which is a great result but when it comes down to it the pressure only starts now and with that in mind, i can see the Celts cracking. Benfica will hardly be scared of a team that lost to Hearts, Rangers and Hibs and struggled to beat Killmarnock and Gretna. Certainly, the side that beat AC would be frightening but this is not the AC of old who now are 9th in Serie A and behind Palermo, Atalanta, Napoli, Udinese and Fiorentina in the league and have lost Roma, Empoli and Parma while drawing with Torino and Catania at home. Benfica themselves are 5-4-0 in their native league and will consider this a must win as opposed to a draw scenario.. Benfica @ 4.1 betfair

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov Not touching Liverpool at those odds, might have a nibble on the draw @ 7/2 Coral. from Pinnacle

Besiktas’s recent history in the competition is poor by comparison, having failed to make it to the Group stages on three previous occasions. They have only won once in ten away fixtures, but that was also on English soil springing a big surprise at Stamford Bridge in 2003, no mean feat. The Black Eagles were dealt a double blow on the weekend, losing a big Derby game against Fenerbahce, as well as defender, Gokhan Zan, for a month, joining Rodrigo Tello and Marcio Nobre on the sidelines.
but given Liverpools current form Im sticking with the draw @ 90mins 7/2

Re: Champions League Tuesday 06 Nov I am going to have a go at a combo.... Liverpool- To win Valenica- To win Celtic- DNB Porto- DNB This combo pays 2.35...I fancy liverpool and valencia to win, would be fairly shocked if they didnt. And also dont think Celtic or Porto will do worse than a point, hoping to pick up some money today and not lose as I fancy tommrows games more. Will also have a go at Shaktar + 1/2 goal.

My picks for today in the Champions League: Liverpool-Besiktas Besiktas will be without three 1st team regulars (Tello, Gokhan Zan and Marcio Nobre ) tonight. Liverpool is in a very poor form and not getting decent results recently. I've placed a bet on them to "bounce back" away in Turkey and they didn't. I'll do the same tonight. They have the players and the coach it takes to get the job done (these boys have been in 2 of the last 3 CL finals). My picks: home -1.5/-2AH (Asian Handicap) and >2.5/>3; Schalke-Chelsea Schalke is usually better at home than away but they might be without striker Kevin Kuranyi due to a thigh strain. Chelsea is sitting at the top of the group and will be happy with a draw here as that would be a good away result for them and put them in a good position regarding the qualification to the next stage. I expect a "tight" game which might very well end up in a draw. My pick: draw; Porto-Marseille The "key" to this game IMO is that Porto will be without Argentinian International midfielder Lucho Gonzalez (one of the two Porto players which have world class...the other being Ricardo Quaresma). Without him the team is not the same and lacks creativity in the middle. I also see Porto as still being the favourites and Marseille playing for the draw as this would suit them just fine. My pick: away +1AH; Valencia-Rosenborg Valencia has a new coach, Dutch Ronald Koeman which I know very well from the time when he coached Benfica a few seasons ago. They will also be looking for "revenge" tonight after being beat by Rosenborg in the previous round. Rosenborg will sit at the back and hope for the ball not to go in and trying to score from a corner kick or something similar (just like they did against Chelsea). I do expect several goals to be scored in this match so I see "value" in taking the over. My pick: >3; Lazio-W. Bremen While Lazio seems to be in a downtrend lately, Bremen seems to be "getting back on track" and also scoring a lot of goals. Both teams have scored and also allowed goals in all of the previous 3 rounds and I see that as very likely to happen again tonight. My pick: >2.5; Olympiakos-Real Madrid Those who saw the game or the highlights of the previous game saw how unfair that Real Madrid win was. Even with only 10 men Olympiakos had the better chances and they're playing great attacking football. Real also finds the net easily but are not very secure at the back. Again, both teams have scored and also allowed goals in all of the previous 3 rounds and I see that as very likely to happen again tonight. My pick: >3; Celtic-Benfica Celtic is usually a good home team (not so good away from home). Benfica is starting to get the results lately and are always scoring at least one goal in every game. Benfica is also the team in the Champions League with more shots on goal and striker Oscar Cardozo is the player in the Champions League with more shots on goal. I expect a very intense game here tonight and see value in taking the "over" once again. My pick: >3; Shakhtar-Milan Shakhtar was doing great until they were thrashed in the previous round away to Milan. They are a good side and will be looking to bounce back. Their coach M. Lucescu said the draw could be a good result for them. Milan is in a horrible form in the Italian league but they've been getting good results in the Champions League. A draw would be a good result also for them so I see it as very likely. My pick: draw; Good luck!
I had a 4-4-1 record but still had some profit. 1. won & won 2. won 3. push 4. lost (the Rosenborg victory was paying 17.00!!!) 5. won 6. lost 7. lost (Benfica probably had their best game in the CL this season...they could be up 0-3 or 0-4 after the first 15 minutes and ended up loosing the game...) 8. lost :cheers

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventCeltic v Benfica
SelectionBenfica
Strength10/10
Date06/11/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetfair @ 4.10 (Back)
ReasoningThe Celtic bandwagon is up and running again and the world and its mother see them continuing their marvellous home run - Everybody except for me. Benfica although not in the best of form yet are a force to be reckoned with when they click and have the un-envious record of having the most wides so far in the tournament. One day this will click into place and Celtic could be just the place for that to happen. Celtic have beaten ACMilan here already which is a great result but when it comes down to it the pressure only starts now and with that in mind, i can see the Celts cracking. Benfica will hardly be scared of a team that lost to Hearts, Rangers and Hibs and struggled to beat Killmarnock and Gretna. Certainly, the side that beat AC would be frightening but this is not the AC of old who now are 9th in Serie A and behind Palermo, Atalanta, Napoli, Udinese and Fiorentina in the league and have lost Roma, Empoli and Parma while drawing with Torino and Catania at home. Benfica themselves are 5-4-0 in their native league and will consider this a must win as opposed to a draw scenario.. Benfica @ 4.1 betfair
Presuming Celtics formidable home record in the Champions League doesnt mean much to you? Hope you never lost to much :ok

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventCeltic v Benfica
SelectionBenfica
Strength10/10
Date06/11/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetfair @ 4.10 (Back)
ReasoningThe Celtic bandwagon is up and running again and the world and its mother see them continuing their marvellous home run - Everybody except for me. Benfica although not in the best of form yet are a force to be reckoned with when they click and have the un-envious record of having the most wides so far in the tournament. One day this will click into place and Celtic could be just the place for that to happen. Celtic have beaten ACMilan here already which is a great result but when it comes down to it the pressure only starts now and with that in mind, i can see the Celts cracking. Benfica will hardly be scared of a team that lost to Hearts, Rangers and Hibs and struggled to beat Killmarnock and Gretna. Certainly, the side that beat AC would be frightening but this is not the AC of old who now are 9th in Serie A and behind Palermo, Atalanta, Napoli, Udinese and Fiorentina in the league and have lost Roma, Empoli and Parma while drawing with Torino and Catania at home. Benfica themselves are 5-4-0 in their native league and will consider this a must win as opposed to a draw scenario.. Benfica @ 4.1 betfair
:rollinI wouldn't compare our SPL form to the CL, we always raise it up a notch or two. Write us off at your peril son ;)

Olympiakos - Real Madrid || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.57 Shakhtar Donetsk - AC Milan || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.41 Schalke 04 - Chelsea || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.35 Valencia - Rosenborg BK || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.55 Porto - Marseille || 1st half goals || under 1.5 goals @ 1.30 tot @ 6.02 [expekt]
tifosi11.gif191.giftifosi11.gif
Shakhtar Donetsk - AC Milan || X2 @ 1.32 Schalke 04 - Chelsea || X2 @ 1.30 Valencia - Rosenborg BK || 1 @ 1.20 Liverpool - Besiktas || 1 @ 1.25 Celtic - Benfica || double chance 1X @ 1.25 tot @ 3.22 [expekt]
Valencia... 1372ik.gif1372ik.gif1372ik.gif
Lazio - Werder Bremen || 2 @ 2.90 Celtic - Benfica || 1 @ 1.95 Liverpool - Besiktas || 1 @ 1.25 Shakhtar Donetsk - AC Milan || 2 @ 2.20 Manchester United - Dynamo Kiev || 1 @ 1.20 Internazionale - CSKA Moskva || 1 @ 1.30 tot @ 24.26 [expekt]
Lazio... 1372ik.gif1372ik.gif1372ik.gif