** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York 13/10

Re: York 13/10 2:40 Prince Zafonic Backed Atlantic Coast last time with a bit of cut in the ground and he dissapointed, never really looked comfortable. Therefore will not be backing it this time. I'll be going with Prince Zafonic who appears to be much more comfortable running on soft ground. Ran a lot of races over a shorter distance finishing 2nd on a number of occasions, i believe running over 2m2f for the first time could really suit.

Re: York 13/10 stanJ.gifdividerline.gif20070728Yor155001.png PHILHARMONIC 3.45 York Comes here only 2lb up from his last win at Beverley over 5f lightly raced this season he ran well finishing 4th to Zomerlust here on his first run this year in very testing conditions and could run well today. dividerline.gif20071013Yor165001.png EXTREME MEASURES 4.50 York Connections are on fire at the moment with a nice 4-timer yesterday 3 of which came at York. Extreme Measures comes back from a lengthy lay off but I'm confident Bin Surror has got him spot on for this. Stable won the race last year with Scriptwriter. He created a good impression when winning 11-runner 2-y-o maiden at Newbury by 2 lengths from Hazeymm, only 5th of 7 to City of Troy in minor event at Doncaster next time leading until over a furlong out but outpaced thereafter so clearly something was amiss. Could run well at a decent price.

Re: York 13/10 lol this is not a tip or anything, but one of the lads i was talking to last night is backing chicken soup in the 3.45 ridden by david allan. now just looking at this one, i suppose he could have ridden somnus, which on paper has a slightly better chance, but this guy has told me some big priced winners in the past, and although there is no confidence in this i have had £4 at 90/1 on betfair. very tough race, which i think you need a horse that is ridden close to the pace with a stands side rail draw, with form on softer than good. saying that i hope fonthill road go's well, but will be backing dhaular dhar at the 14's currently available on betfair. tish

Re: York 13/10

SportHorse Racing
EventYork 4:50
SelectionFlying Clarets (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date13/10/2007
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningFLYING CLARETS might have bad last two starts, but worth another chance now with cheekpieces on for first time, and if she reproduce the earlier form, when not far back to a good horses as Samira Gold, Blue Ksar, and Charlie Tokyo, than certainely she has a chance at least for the places, in a good price.
SportHorse Racing
EventYork 5:20
SelectionGalianna (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date13/10/2007
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 13.00 (Back)
ReasoningMarket Forces is the one all have to beat here, but the value is with the daughter of Galileo, GALIANNA who might appreciate this longer trip, and she carries a reasonable low weight in a group whiche is not the toughest.You get by WH 4 places and this is too generous at the price. GL :beer

Re: York 13/10 2.10 York Opening race here and 19 enter the stalls for this 1m1f handicap, Class 4. Again, I'm going with proven form and top weight in: Goodbye Mr Bond (7/1 >Betfred) - 7yo now but really fancy its chances today. Down 2lb today to its last winning mark, and also dropped in class to its last winning grade. Goes well here at York, and this uncommon distance of 1m1f brings out the best in this horse. Should appreciate the ease in the ground too, and fancied with stable going through a good time at the minute. Record in handicaps in Class 3 above reads 1 win / 7 places from 28 efforts, as opposed to 8 wins / 8 places from 29 starts in Class 4 and below, making drop in class significant. Would be shocked to see this out of the money.

2.10 sorry its late but just took 50.0 on Jewelled Dagger which is not out of this after a coupple of early season wins & is drawn handy in a low stall. Anything could win this!
:cow:cow:cow Unbelievable mate, well done!!!!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

2.10 sorry its late but just took 50.0 on Jewelled Dagger which is not out of this after a coupple of early season wins & is drawn handy in a low stall. Anything could win this!
get in you beauty !! couldnt belive it when it went so far clear !! :clap:clap:clap 50.0 on betfair !!! just taken 48.0 on Zaif now at Ascot ;)

Re: York 13/10 Nearly took that Jewelled Dagger at 33-1 on course but left it alone. :cryNice winner Bowles, hacked up and what a price you got too. I've been at York races all day and have not had time to post in here today. I read the trainers comments regarding Goodbye Mr Bond and he didn't really seem to fancy it, too high in the weights and a bad draw according to him. As for that Godolphin horse I took it each way at 8-1 even though it had not run for about 2 years and it was well beaten, never in the race. I left before the last race and walked back to the car alongside some stable staff from Godolphin, they said when they washed the horse down it had given a few coughs and they didn't know if it was just due to the mud or if something was not quite right. Look out for any news on that horse. Really fancied that Galileo Figaro but it was poor, looked to be cruising at the back of the field but found absolutely nothing. Had 1 winner and a 3rd on course and a winner I backed on Betfair but still left with less than I went with. :wall Quick question too regarding ew terms. There was a 12 runner handicap and nearly all the bookies had the sign up "12-15 runners, 1/4 odds 1,2,3" but one bookie had the sign "8+ runners 1/5 odds 1,2,3." I asked him why he was not 1/4 odds and he said the law changed on 1st September and they can offer what terms they like which I thought was bollox. Is he right or was he just a robbing b@stard?