Ascot 13/10

Re: Ascot 13/10 1.10 HITCHENS Interesting runner back over 5f after showing decent form ove6 6f & lastly 7f when a decent 2nd in the Goffs Million behind Luck money. 3.00 IBN KHALDUN skated home at this course LTO & should have no probs staying the extra furlong. This one can go to the top. Godolphin hit some decent form Friday with 4 winners so expect another good show with this one. 4.10 MUTAJARRED hatrick on heavy / soft going earlier in the season & wasnt disgraced LTO when 4th behind Fremen on Good / soft ground.

Re: Ascot 13/10 20071013Asc131003.png HAMMADI 1.10 Ascot Absolutely battered Tawzeea by 10L's in a maiden at Catterick over 5f on good ground. He takes a big step up in class but in current mood he could run well at a decent price. 20071013Asc164018.png DIGITAL 4.40 Ascot Ran yesterday and I fancied it then, interesting that connections run it again. "DIGITAL 4.25 York Has been a model of consistency since sporting the visor only finishing once out of the money in 7 starts. He's on a 6lb lower mark from when he placed 3rd over this minimum trip at Goodwood in an Apprentice Handicap on GS. His form over today's 5f is 2213and he should at least be in the money again." [url=http://www.farbets.co.uk/link.php?p=stanjames]

Re: Ascot 13/10

My selections tomorrow (im not explaining why because it appears to act as a jinx :lol) : 1:10 Captain Gerrard 1:10 Dubai Princess (to place) 3:00 Ibn Khaldun NAP 3:35 Confront
sorry but if you dont provide reasonings your post maybe edited or deleted as per rules.

Re: Ascot 13/10 Ascot 1.10 - Captain Gerrard (Win) If there were still a bankers thread, this would have been my first entry. Captain Gerrard won LTO with the same jock on board. From nine races this year, has won four and placed three times. Three of those wins were on soft ground and one on good/good-soft. All of them were over 5f, including two class one races. Most of the opposition (incl Spirit of Sharjah) have yet to run on ground worse than good. This must be a big boost for Captain Gerrard. Just about everyone currently has this priced up 9/4 (incl Betfair).

SportHorse Racing
EventAscot 1:45
SelectionKayah (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date13/10/2007
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningNot more than four horses can be dismissed in this race for the first place, where Queen´s Best, Brisk Breeze, and Samira Gold have the upper hand. The first mentioned though is bit high in the weights, while Samira Gold yet to win at the distance, and Brisk Breeze was beaten by KAYAH who represents the value here. The selection was supplemented in Vodafone Oaks where was 9th at (17.00), so is obvious the expectations of her connections.
2:20 I will go,with minimum stakes, for a big shot at AKAREM (51.00 LB). GL :beer

Re: Ascot 13/10 2.20 Ascot 46K Heritage handicap here, with 19 lining up for this Class 2 race over a mile and a half. One or two potential progressive horses in this field but I'll side the proven form of: Pevensey (11/1 SportingBet) - One of only 2 CD winners in the field, and this horse loves Ascot with give underfoot. 5lb higher than its last win here doesn't worry me as it pulls out more when faced with todays conditions. Good run lto at Ayr over inadequate 10f puts this horse in with every chance today. Has won 2 handicaps here in the last 12 months over this trip on this ground, with 1 failure when ridden poorly IMO, all races worth over 30K, proving it goes well in competitive line ups. Interestingly that its 4 other turf flat runs in the last year have been over varying distances but never at todays trip, which suggest connections were trying to protect its handicap mark as much as possible. Expected to go very close today.

Re: Ascot 13/10 2.20 Buccellati e.w RPF 12/1. I have backed this horse all year and on its last couple of runs it has started winning including at Doncaster from a terrible position. It has lost Buick's claim but I still believe that this horse is still improving and could run a nice race here. From its 1 draw it will be dropped in so it can move through the field late and whilst there are a couple in here with more obvious clamis, with the step up in trip also helping I believe, Buccellati has sure place claims.

Re: Ascot 13/10 2 small EW bets in the first 2 races in the shape of: Cute Ass (1.10) - steadily improving and generally finishes fast. Should be staying on here and getting better with each run so 15/2 looks good EW price Trick Or Treat (1.45) - has run well in Group races this term including 3rd to Peeping Fawn. Found almost 2m too far lto and at 20's, could grab a place. Will appreciate the cut.

Ascot 1.10 - Captain Gerrard (Win)
Cute Ass (1.10) - steadily improving and generally finishes fast. Should be staying on here and getting better with each run so 15/2 looks good EW price
1st Captain Gerrard 9/4 2nd Cute Ass 8/1 :clap:clap Have to say CG won very well. Well done Tom Hedonist.

Ascot 1.10 - Captain Gerrard (Win) If there were still a bankers thread, this would have been my first entry. Captain Gerrard won LTO with the same jock on board. From nine races this year, has won four and placed three times. Three of those wins were on soft ground and one on good/good-soft. All of them were over 5f, including two class one races. Most of the opposition (incl Spirit of Sharjah) have yet to run on ground worse than good. This must be a big boost for Captain Gerrard. Just about everyone currently has this priced up 9/4 (incl Betfair).
the bankers thread was replaced by the naps thread, should have stuck it in there mate!!

2 small EW bets in the first 2 races in the shape of: Cute Ass (1.10) - steadily improving and generally finishes fast. Should be staying on here and getting better with each run so 15/2 looks good EW price Trick Or Treat (1.45) - has run well in Group races this term including 3rd to Peeping Fawn. Found almost 2m too far lto and at 20's, could grab a place. Will appreciate the cut.
Cute Ass, 2nd @ 8/1:clap:clap Trick Or Treat, WON @ 14/1:nana:cow:nana

2.20 Buccellati e.w RPF 12/1. I have backed this horse all year and on its last couple of runs it has started winning including at Doncaster from a terrible position. It has lost Buick's claim but I still believe that this horse is still improving and could run a nice race here. From its 1 draw it will be dropped in so it can move through the field late and whilst there are a couple in here with more obvious clamis' date= with the step up in trip also helping I believe, Buccellati has sure place claims.
And another winner for Punters Lounge....well done Woody:clap:clap So far, it's 3 winners from 3 at Ascot in this thread at 9/4, 14/1 and 12/1. Add to that Bowles' win at York at 50/1:eek Bloody awesome this place:ok

Re: Ascot 13/10 :welcome Sploosh

I am new to this forum but have tried a few others. They don't seem to have the level of success you boys do. Is this a regular occurance?
To some extent 'we' do (I don't incl myself in that 'we'). There's a fairly dedicated group who put up quite a few winners on this forum, on an incredibly regular basis :notworthy If you choose to stick around, you'll soon work out who they are ;)
If so where do you get your info?!!
As far as I know, no-one is in receipt of info as such. Most people seem to make there selections on information which is publicly available (eg Racing Post website & paper, Sporting Life website, etc). The best thing about this site is that they encourage people to put up their reasoning. That means the rest of us can learn from the experts. :ok

My selections tomorrow (im not explaining why because it appears to act as a jinx :lol) : 1:10 Captain Gerrard 1:10 Dubai Princess (to place) 3:00 Ibn Khaldun NAP 3:35 Confront
Just to echo what Carl has already said you need to start providing some reasoning. The last few times you have used the excuse you didn't have time due to going to work. I didn't have time today due to going to the races so I didn't post, simple as. If someone backs something they want to know why, any old tip can come from a paper or website. :ok

Ok mate i apologise' date=' i have been really busy due to work recently though. I will start doing so again and hopefully pick out some winners.[/quote'] No problem mate, if they don't win so be it, what is important is that we know why you fancy a horse. :okLets hope you have more success than Derby County. ;) (although I can't say much supporting Bradford City :$)