** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup 1st Round 1st Leg 20/09

Carl

Re: UEFA Cup 1st Round 1st Leg 20/09 UEFA cup has always been a tournament of surprises. Sometimes I wonder how seriously big teams like Bayern, Fiorentina and Gala take it as they no doubt feel it's not where they really belong. What I need now is a goal from Aberdeen as I seem to be the only one on the board with money riding on them. Anyone watching? BTW, Heerenveen is much too good for Helsingborg. Great attacking side!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup 1st Round 1st Leg 20/09 Apologises for the after posting here, but in conjunction with my Tottenham bet, and correct scores of 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 to Spurs, I just had to take the correct scoreline offer on Betfair as well. At 2.60 for any unquoted scoreline I thought I was seeing things. If either team scored four goals then it was an unquoted scoreline! Easiest money ever and at 2.60 its was better value than my correct score forecast. I'm watching the game live and its 4-0 at half time. Tottenham arent playing great just the opposition is kack. If it was Berbatov and Keane upfront I reckon it'd be at least 6 or 7. I think it will end up 7-0 at worst to be honest, but if Spurs want to then I reckon there's a great chance they could hit 10 tonite!

Re: UEFA Cup 1st Round 1st Leg 20/09

UEFA cup has always been a tournament of surprises. Sometimes I wonder how seriously big teams like Bayern, Fiorentina and Gala take it as they no doubt feel it's not where they really belong. What I need now is a goal from Aberdeen as I seem to be the only one on the board with money riding on them. Anyone watching? BTW, Heerenveen is much too good for Helsingborg. Great attacking side!
Sorry to correct you mate but Galatasary and Fiorentina are not big clubs. I wouldnt have either of them in the top 32 teams in Europe to be honest.

What the hell are Galatassaray playing at? Read that Bordeaux produced late win to be the first winner in my double but Gala losing 3-0!!! Never thought that could be a losing bet... all my win from yesterday lost in one foul swoop! Still just put a few quid on Darren Bent to score any time tonight @ 2.06 as I know that he's in the starting 11. I think he should have an excellent chance to score with his pace and the fact that while Keane will score, i think he will always be looking for flick ons to bent too!
Well least that one returned!! :nana:beer

Sorry to correct you mate but Galatasary and Fiorentina are not big clubs. I wouldnt have either of them in the top 32 teams in Europe to be honest.
Yeah, sorry bout that. I should have written: "big clubs in their own minds". ;) And now Sampdoria have joined the club. Heads will roll tomorrow!

Dnipro only played out 0-0. Lucky I did cover my bet with 0 goal.
Damn ! :( Felt very confident with that selection as well ! I had been thinking of taking the 0-0 separately as cover, but never bothered. Sounds as though Aberdeen really raised their game tonight going by the after match thoughts on Radio Scotland. I'm happy to see a Scottish side do well, but sorry to anyone who followed my selection. Hopefully nobody staked too high on this one !

Hello, first of all would like to wish everyone good luck on all bets tonight:ok. Ok regarding the Aberdeen - Dnipro match at Pittodrie tonight, I see there are alot of comments regarding how Dnipro will win this match with ease and although I aint saying they dont have a good chance of winning ( they are the favourites so odds say it all ) I just think it may be tougher than everyone is making it out to be. First of all for those of you who have not been to Pittodrie on a cold Septembers night, there have been many a night where the conditions have influenced the outcome of the game. And although I know Ukraine can have its fair share of bad conditions itself I just think the home advantage on a rare European night with expected attendance of 19 thousand or so may just give the dons a small boost ahead of and during this game. Further more Jackie McNamara is also announced fit after loosing two teeth during the weekends game, this is a huge boost as he will be a leader on the pitch with so much European experience with Celtic in his career it can do nothing but give Aberdeen confidence going into this game. Scott Severin is 50/50 to play at the moment and if he does make the team then this will be a massive boost before kick off. In my opinion all these factors build up and if Aberdeen can find some form from last season on the pitch tonight then I can see them getting the draw or even sneaking the win. I dont like to base my bets of stats from the past as other punters do, I prefer to base my analysis game by game on the stats and information on the game itself. So I'm going to be bold and go for the Aberdeen draw tonight. goodluck again with all bets.:hope
Great shout mate :clap:clap:clap:notworthy:notworthy Keep up the good work :cheers

Re: UEFA Cup 1st Round 1st Leg 20/09 Metalist - great name but not that great a team. Everton might still turn it around, although obviously not with the kind of game they played tonight. Johnsons second attempt was horrible from the moment he put the ball on the spot. He's not the captain and not the manager. Someone should have stopped him. Too bad I wasn't there :lol

Here's my analysis and picks for Thursday UEFA Cup games. There's a lot of games on the board tomorrow so finding value is almost like "finding a needle in a hay stack" :)... ...anyway, I've lowered the value of my bets for tomorrow and here they are: B. Leverkusen-Leiria Leverkusen are the clear favourites and Leiria lack International experience but they're a decent side in the Portuguese league, have an excellent keeper, a usually solid defense and midfield and are fast on the counter attack. If they survive the 1st 30m (always crucial in these type of games) they can pull a good result in Germany. My pick: Leiria +1.5 AH (asian Handicap) Bayern Munich-Belenenses Similar analysis to the previous game with one only difference: Bayern is much better than Bayer. Still, Belenenses is also better and more experienced than Leiria and has a much more experienced coach in Jorge Jesus. They're usually solid in the back and in the middle and dangerous on the counter attack. Belenenses lost 1-0 to Real Madrid last August in the Teresa Herrera tournament with the only goal coming in injury time and in a mistake from the keeper. Recently they lost 1-0 at Sporting but gave them hell (missed a few chances with the result at 0-0 including one ball that hit the post). Again, if they can survive the 1st 30m they might keep it close. My pick: Belenenses +2 AH (asian Handicap) Getafe-Twente To be honest I couldn't believe the odds when I saw them and maybe I'm missing something here. Getafe is at the bottom of the Spanish league and Twente is having a good season so far in the Dutch league with a 2-2-0 record so I'm betting on them. My pick: Twente +0.5AH and +1 AH Paços Ferreira-Alkmaar Alkamaar is the favourite but it shouldn't be an easy game. P. Ferreira is a very tough team to break at home (they just spent nearly two years without a home defeat in the Portuguese league) but they lack International experience (its their 1st appearance). Anyhow, I'm betting they'll give Alkmaar a hard time. My pick: home Pk and +0.5AH I've picked 4 "dogs" for tomorrow, let's see how it goes. Good luck!
What a day, out of 4 games I lose 2 in injury time :@... ...it happens and I think that "lady luck" evens out in the long run, but it kind of sucks! 1. lost 2. won :cheers 3. lost&push (1-0 with the goal in injury time) 4. lost (0-1 with the goal in injury time) I must say that I feel sorry for those who placed their bets on Everton as Everton managed to do everything wrong tonight (missing two penalty shots in the same game is unbelivable and Metlist ended the game with only 9 men...). Truly unbelivable!!! Cheers.

Metalist - great name but not that great a team. Everton might still turn it around' date=' although obviously not with the kind of game they played tonight. Johnsons second attempt was horrible from the moment he put the ball on the spot. He's not the captain and not the manager. Someone should have stopped him. Too bad I wasn't there :lol[/quote'] If arteta was on the pitch he would obviously be first choice but johnson is the second choice taker. Its up to them to decide between them, he obviously felt confident taking the it the second time around (damnit!) I too had a bad feeling as im sure the goodison faithful did. As i said though dreadful match with a lot of incidents. We can certainly go to ukraine and get a result, it was just such a bad start to the tie.

explane wait 16 league champions 15 Turkish cup 1 uefa cup 1 super cup 12 times we are in CL(only same porto,man utd) 131 GAME CL AND CUP WİNNERS CUP 48 WON 32 DRAW 51 LOST UEFA CUP 36 GAMES 12 WON 11 DRAW 13 LOST ALL GAME 200 73 WON 50 DRAW 77 LOST and. where is you ireland,where is your team please dont jealous and only our fun 25 million in TURKEY all world 45 million. 2 times we wil play sion and second game you PLAY sion ok because we are small team same YOUR TEAM.

• 2 weeks later...