England v Cameroon - Sunday

Guest leggat

Re: England v Cameroon - Sunday I haven't saw or heard much about Cameroon lately so I assume that there nothing special. Im backing England to win also.

Re: England v Cameroon - Sunday what sort of stategy do you think sven will adopt for this. Yet again I fear it may end up being a balance between, 1. Getting the starting eleven match practice together and actually getting some continuity and belief there and... 2. Not getting any more bloody INJURIES!!. As a result, is it not possible that we will see a "game of two halves" again?? I'd be more tempted to take england to win the first half coz I think your right that the first 11 should win but i'm not sure about the full time result given that we can have no confidence in the "finishing line-up".

Guest paulybhoy

cameroon im taking cameroon to get a draw at least, not because England cant beat them( coz they would normally), but simply because of the injury situation, they will take it easy ( regardless of what Sven says) and be happy with a draw and not be bothered with a small loss. As an Irish fan I hope England get stuck into them, but they wont and they will be right not to. Whereas Cameroon will not take it easy as they really believe they are something special and still show a lot of naivety( I watched the African nations cup)though they look a side that will be hard to beat by more than 1 goal. However back to the point - they have developed into a very physical side who are unusually for an African side quite defensively minded and tend to foul a lot(not unusual). So the caution taken wisely by England will leave them the space for long range shots at which they are effective at. Most importantly they will want to get a result to put the pressure on Ireland who they know from having players like Lauren of Arsenal, all play at English clubs, which I hope will lead them into a false sense of security. I personally would not even take England at half time (in this match). and @ 3.1 for a Cameroon draw or win i'd cover both and watch the betting in running which I presume will be available

Guest MattyNeth

Re: cameroon I think it's important for England not to go into the World Cup with a defeat on top of all the injuries so cannot see them losing the game. 1X for me. 5/4 England, 2/1 DRAW.

Guest nickwilmore

Re: cameroon ouch............that's the reverse side of betting exchanges of course........too easy access.

Guest PaulnRay

Re: cameroon The 7k on cameroon could of been a load of people (unless someone has stated that on the forum) but also people may have backed cameroon earlier at a nice price and tried to lay it off for a guaranteed profit which they would of done.

Guest budgetbetting co uk

Re: Cameroon I'll rather call him foolishly brave to play that sort of cash. Idiots a bit strong ' after all we dont know how he got that 7 grand. He might of taken it from other idiots ! Like me. A while back i made £800. in 2 weeks laying donkeys at long odds ' and then lost the lot in one race ' wiped out by a 33-1 lag. over confidents is a cancer we all have !. I feel for the bloke. paul. www.budgetbetting.co.uk

Guest nickwilmore

Re: Cameroon At the end of the day we're here (I think) to take money off the bookies(snakes as mongoose calls them) not to delight in other punters misfortunes.

Guest pradoxy

cameroon They seem quite a handy bunch from the game today, they are gonna shock someone in the group ireland perhaps?? :)

Guest paulybhoy

Cameroon Nice result for me, took Cameroon as above and on the +1 handicap, I was very confident Cameroon would not lose. Personally I wont be too fooled about how handy Cameroon are! on the beeb for instance Lawrenson talking about the African nations cup(absolutely diabolical tournament, with boredom galore and unpunished fouls the like you would see on a rugby pitch, and he mentioned Cameroon never let a goal in, not surprising when most games ended with a either 1 or 2 big fat ZEROS IN THE FINAL SCORE) as I thought they would get far more stuck in than England, because they are naive and impatient that is where they will get caught out by a good side let alone france, Argentina , Spain, Italy,etc.., It remains to be seen How Ireland react to playing this sort of side who are clearly individually technically gifted, but will crack wide open with the right pressure(have a look at Cameroons last years confederation cup performance ). If Ireland get stuck into them and deny them midfield space they will struggle to score. They absolutely pack the defence and trust me tend to lunge in if persistently attacked . I predict a draw( subject to injuries) but Ireland can beat this side Keane or Not. The weather is going to be such a factor that I prefer 2 european sides playing together to be more confident or to go big on a bet here. As for England i felt before today that they would struggle against Sweden(propably the most underated nation there) now, I am convinced draw at best. Sweden were cruising against a Japan (another naive team who dont know how to preserve players in friendlies) side that are a good little side(no pun intended) and then took there foot and changed down 2 gears. This SWEDEN can go far and I feel confident will progress into the next round. Have not seen enough Of Argentina to rule England out yet

• 1 month later...