13 matchers, 13 predictions

Guest cobhramblers

Guest cobhramblers

sweden- hungary, 1 italy - yugoslavia, X france - slovenia, 1 romania - norway, 1 slovakia - east ireland, 2 spain - n. ireland, 1 iceland - scotland, X bulgaria - croatia, X ukraine - greece, 1 belarus - austria, 1 albania - switerland, X macedonia - turkey, 2 malta - israel, 2 what d'ye think?

Guest cobhramblers

Re: 13 matchers, 13 predictions not always, my friends call it west sweden, but i prefer east ireland as its west coast touches the irish sea

Guest Da Hannanah

Da hyyyydi-fyyydi? Quit talking ABBA please, Cobber... Btw., you might want to consider a draw in game 1 and 4, and you might also want reconsider game 9. :)

Guest cobhramblers

da hyyyydi-fyyydi sweden will win at home, no question. norway are too denfensive minded and are not good away from home. and generally the nordic countries dont do well in eastern europe. greece dont travel well, there sounds like there is trouble within the greek team ranks, and kiev is way too cold for them at this time of the year.

Guest Da Hannanah

... It's more like an extra tax, Paul ;) We have the same thing, It's like a national, state-run pool with a meagre 60% return-rate to the players where you have to correctly predict 13 or sometimes 12 games. Fewer and fewer people play these as the internet-bookies have taken over, meaning that the winnings have become even more laughable the last few years (it's a pool, remember ;) ) I sometimes do'em for fun as well, though...

Re: ... What the hell's going on round here! We've got women in the General Chat and now we are entertaining posts like this. I would suggest to the thread starter to look at the forum rules and then if you still want to know what people think of your selections then look in the bloody threads that the games are being talked about.

Sweden v Hungary As someone who will clearly know a lot more about Swedish footy than me, I'd be interested to know why you think Sweden will win at home no problems, cos I wouldn't want to back a team that were lucky to come away from Latvia with a 0-0 a month ago (from the highlights I saw over here anyway).

Guest cobhramblers

sweden v hungary sweden will win because of the following; the team against Latvia was a little too experimental. sweden badly missed a. svensson and ljungberg. both are back for the game against hungary. it looks like tobias linderoth wont play. hes being warming the bench at everton and his confidence is notably down. likely to replace by markus lantz who is having a fanastic seanson in germany. kim kjellström is likely to play. he is definately one for the future and i expect him to be moving from his swedish club to one of europe's bigger clubs soon. finally, sweden are traditionally strong at home and usually do well in qualifiers. this is a home banker, trust me. (my the way i thought at the time sweden would only draw in latvia)