Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special

Is Rommedahl injured or something? I'm amazed to find him priced at 1.60 :eek to start this Saturday's Euro 2004 game against Norway - mind, he has started every Euro 2004 qualifying game to date. Surely, this is a joke? :p Would appreciate more info concerning team news from the Danish camp - especially help from natives like DH would be appreciated. :smokin

• 3 months later...
Guest FootballFanatic

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Rommedahl is in the danish team and from wat i can make of it they have quite a few injuries! What bookies are having bets on him starting for Denmark? TEAM NEWS: FC Copenhagen midfielder Peter Nielsen and Brondby striker Kaspar Dalgas have been named by Denmark coach Morten Olsen for the Euro 2004 qualifiers against Norway and Luxembourg later this month. With Jon Dahl Tomasson, Christian Poulsen, Peter Lovenkrands and Jan Michaelsen all sidelined, Olsen added the pair to his party before finalising his squad ahead of Saturday's visit of the Norwegians in Group 2. Denmark squad: Thomas Sorensen, Peter Skov-Jensen; Kasper Bogelund, Thomas Helveg, Rene Henriksen, Niclas Jensen, Martin Laursen, Per Nielsen; Thomas Gravesen, Claus Jensen, Thomas Kahlenberg, Thomas Roll, Peter Nielsen, Thomas Schultz, Morten Wieghorst; Kaspar Dalgas, Jesper Gronkjaer, Martin Jorgensen, Dennis Rommedahl, Ebbe Sand, Morten Skoubo.

Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Yeah, I'd read that article FF. I was just wondering if there was the remotest of chance that Rommedahl could be carrying the slightest knock that could jeopardise him starting the match. ;) If things look as certain as what is on paper, I'd very well put my mortgage on it! :smokin It's at Ladbrokes by the way - Gronkjaer to start @ 2.50; BOTH Grankjaer and Rommedahl to start @ 6.00. Only catch, you can only have them as singles. :p

Guest FootballFanatic

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special AH the BATSRDS think of everything eh? Bloody singles??? You used to not be able to back singles and now they are limiting it to singles! Times have changed in the betting world!

Guest Da Hannanah

... Not too much info flowing out from the Denmark camp - I gather everyone is a bit nervous about this game, and all the teasing back and forth between the national coaches and players has certainly not helped... I can more or less confirm what is said above - there are a few injuries, although Jon Dahl is the only key player out, and Rommedahl will surely start if fit. Personally, I was very happy indeed to see Peter Nielsen brought into the squad. He is currently the best player in the Danish league and will fill out the hole left by the injured Poulsen next to Gravesen in midfield superbly. I truly hope he starts the game, but probably Wieghorst is more likely. Otherwise, I do not expect Morten Olsen to experiment too much with the lineup. I would guess that Claus Jensen takes up Jon Dahls position and Ebbe Sand keeps his striker-role in spite of Skoubos better form in the Bundesliga. Wings should be Rommedahl and probably Gronkjaer (maybe JOrgensen), and defense should be as usual with Helveg probably just pipping Bogelund for he right back position. Still - this is just guessing so far I'll update in here when I hear more. Betting-wise I simply do not have the faintest idea what to do yet :lol

Guest Lardonio

Re: ... I think the only 1x2 value lies in the draw. As usual the media is hyping this up like it's the 'Nordic Battle' and even people not interested in soccer start talking about Denmark's playing style vs. Norwegian playing style. Norway will be happy with one point and even though it won't be as suitable for the Danes I think they will be happy as long as they don't lose the match. Also the high 'derby' factor makes this look like a low-scoring draw, despite ending 2-2 in the opposite match-up last year (a match Norway deserved to win). I think nobody will raise an eyebrow at a 0-0 result, even though the Danish defense is a bit suspect.

Guest Da Hannanah

.. The matter of who derserved to win the last match, Lardonio, is cartainly not as clear as you suggest. After all - we were leading 2-1 well into stoppage time where only an unspotted foul by Carew led you to a dramatic equaliser. But yes - we were not on top of our game in that one.. ;) I do agree our defense is suspect - our full backs and keeper are quite good, but cd looks vulnarable. Yet the Norwegian back line is also not without problems, and the team has yet to settle on a first choice keeper. More to come later... :

Guest Lardonio

Re: .. Well, just as our media I was out to provoke (you) a little bit :) As things went the 2-2 was a lucky result for both of us, for you because we were simply the best team and for us because we failed to convert chances but still secured a draw in overtime. Seriously though I will probably stay clear of this match, as I'm gonna watch it drunk and happy with my friends and I don't want to cheer for a boring draw. I would still recommend the draw for the 'neutral' gambler.

Guest OddsAgainst

Singles only? The reason you cannot have these bets in a double is because they are related. The same player features in both bets. There is nothing new there. Check out the bookie's rules for related contingencies.

Re: Singles only? OA, what do you mean by that? To the best of my knowledge, the Rommedahl bet cannot be combined with any other bet - not even for say, for instance, a baseball bet. :p The problem does not lie with adding in another bet pertaining to the Denmark-Norway fixture, but rather, the problem is with any bet in general. ;)

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Hmmm... Much talk in Denmark today about Rommedahl not starting the game - after 32 straight starts. Desperation times for Morten Olsen, quite obviously, as he is a keen admirer of Rommedahl... Presumably it will be Gronkjaer and Jorgensen to start then. On a brighter note, Thomas Gravesen is 7,5 with Centrebet to get the first yellow card in the match. Now that is value if ever I saw it :lol I know Bakke is bad, but... Just for fun, take a look at Centrebets offer of bets on this game. I have NEVER seen that many options. Btw. Lardonio, who are these 2??? Never heard of them... HANGELAND, Brede (Norway) HANSEN, Torjus (Norway)

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Just to show how much bullshit we have to live with these days in Scandinavia, this poll was conducted by a Norwegian newspaper a few days ago. Who is the sexiest Scandinavian football player? Thomas Helveg 31.60% John Carew 15.91% Håvard Flo 13.13% Thomas Sørensen 7.84% Eirik Bakke 7.05% André Bergdølmo 6.63% Thomas Røll 5.32% Ebbe Sand 5.39% Tore André Flo 4.73% Niclas Jensen 2.36% Nice to see Norwegian women are not afraid to see the light... ;)

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Apparantly, the Norwegian team has been practising long balls all week (according to a Danish newspaper that is... ;) ). It seems the Norwegians are planning to launch their 6-feet fleet against us (Flo, Flo, Carew, Rushfeldt, Iversen, aso.)... :lol See what it is we are up against here..........

Guest Lardonio

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Ah come on Da Hannanah. In our papers we've been reading that your team has been practising long balls all week. Don't believe the hype. Stats show that Denmark played the most primitive football last time. I'm guessing it will be Norway this time but the supposed thought that Denmark is such a fun team to watch is rubbish - even though it was fun seeing them play Bosnia last time :D As for the Internet poll - we all know these always get fixed by some smart-arse sending an e-mail to 1000 of his friends. Anyway - who cares - only people who have little knowledge of soccer care about these things (tabloid journalists and Danish 'humourists' (wasn't sure they existed actually before the last week - now I'm sure they don't..:D ) Hangeland and Hansen are two defenders who won't play the match, probably. Hansen plays in Armenia Bielefeld (I think) and Hangeland in Viking. I don't know much about them. Well - I'm off to the coast to get some sun and lots of beers, good luck DH and don't get a stiff neck from watching all the Norwegian and Danish long balls :D

Guest zm304

ODDS!!! Odds of this game is now 3.40 2.75 2.10, quoted from Nordicbet. Nordicbet maybe is the local bookie, Denmark @ 3.40 to win this match, I think, suggests home win is unlikely. PICK:X2.

Guest Da Hannanah

Uhm....... From Nordicbets web-site: 07-06-03 19:15 Denmark - Norway 2.15 3.05 3.55 In Scandinavia, we read from the LEFT to the RIGHT. Now, I know this can be a bit confusing, but.... ;)

Guest Da Hannanah

... Oh Lardoooooonioooooo... I have a question for you: Who the @#%$ is Norway??? :lol No seriously... Who are they?????????? :rollin

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Gotta love the Norwegians, though. Took this table from the Norwegian newspaper VG. Not exactly accurate (Denmark are on top due to better score vs. Norway), but as long as they believe it... :lol Norge 5 3 1 1 7— 3 10 Danmark 5 3 1 1 10— 6 10 Romania 5 3 0 2 14— 6 9 Bosnia 5 2 0 3 4— 7 6 Luxembourg 4 0 0 4 0—13 0

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Seriously, though, I would be somewhat displeased with Norway coach Semb if I was Norwegian, as well as the whole style of play surrounding the team. You may call it a cliche, Lardonio, but there really was no creativity and no width in the Norwegian play, and no real service for those excellent forwards of yours except from set pieces. For starters, employing Riise as a left back is just a joke, when he clearly is your best midfield player. Most of the Norweigan players have excellent technique and play at a very high level in their clubs, yet when the national team plays, they are not allowed to show it. Perhaps someone like Hareide could get it right?

Guest Lardonio

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Tell me about it! Most Norwegians, at least the people I talk to, agree that we play boring, un-creative soccer and a style where a players qualities are ignored to make place for a collective strategy. All that would be fairly OK, as it was with Drillo the last coach, if they played some effective soccer and beat other teams. But they don't. So now we play boring soccer which frequently produces nothing, and I'm fed up with it. I think the players are, too, and if we fail to qualify for the Euro Cup many of them will quit. The players are good but the strategy makes them look like faulty robots. Semb will probably be fired as well, but that would only be positive. I hope they fire Semb today and hire Hareide or Sollied who both are experienced, attack-minded coaches with experience from the highest level (and from Rosenborg, the best team in the Nordic countries for many years) The performance in Parken, against a pretty mediocre Danish team, showed all to well that the Norwegian team is going nowhere with the current management.

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Latest FIFA world rankings: 1 Brazil 843 1 0 1 0 2 France 784 3 1 2 0 2 Spain 784 2 0 3 1 4 Germany 757 4 0 4 0 5 Argentina 753 6 1 5 0 6 Netherlands 746 5 -1 6 0 7 England 739 7 0 7 0 8 Turkey 722 8 0 9 1 9 Mexico 720 9 0 8 -1 10 United States 715 10 0 10 0 10 Denmark 715 11 1 12 2 12 Italy 709 14 2 13 1 13 Czech Republic 707 13 0 15 2 14 Portugal 706 12 -2 11 -3 15 Ireland Republic 704 15 0 14 -1 16 Belgium 681 16 0 17 1 17 Costa Rica 671 18 1 21 4 18 Cameroon 666 17 -1 16 -2 19 Paraguay 664 19 0 18 -1 20 Sweden 660 20 0 24 4 Note Denmark in 10th place, Sweden as numbr 20 and the total absence of Norway ;)

Guest Lardonio

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Well, Norway were third (or even second) on this list some years ago, which really tells you everything about how reliable it is...

Guest Lardonio

Re: Euro 2004 Qualifying : Denmark v Norway Special Seeing as you have posted that twice, I wonder which effect you think that picture has?