Freerolls.

stooo V2

Re: Freerolls. Freerolls are only useful if you are either learning to play, building your bankroll, or learning to deal with variance. Gotta say though when you suffer from a muppet play in a freeroll the chances are that you will (sooner or later) encounter the same thing in ANY buy-in game, whether its $1 or $100. :ok

Re: Freerolls. Agree with valiant some off the play in buy-in games are the same, if you can get through the first hour or two then the play tends to settle down. The main problem I find with freerolls is the number of people who sit out, you could be on a table with just one or two people and you end up in a raising war with them and end up knocking yourself out where really you should be helping yourself to the blinds.

Re: Freerolls.

I think its more that I think "ah go on have a quick game while at work etc" and its free. but then end up jst getting totally frusrated.
Have no idea what job you do but I can't imagine that this is the best place to play a MTT. If you're going to play poker seriously then you need to have a settled environment to play in. And if, you're going to play freerolls you need to be prepared to take the bad beats - a lot of the players don't care until they get down to the last few places, they want to go out or double up.

Re: Freerolls. $1000 freerolls with 10,000 entries don't interest me at all but... Pick the right freerolls and, junk or not, they can be very profitable. $315, albeit in tournament credits, from Bodog for one freeroll win. Nintendo Wi from Maxim for one freeroll and placed in the final. Now Betfair are throwing seats for the WSOPE at freerollers mainly because they are sponsoring the tournament...massive prizes up for grabs to those able to stomach the muppet plays. For me the end prize justifies playing in these games.

Re: Freerolls.

I have NO IDEA why i keep playing these. they are ABSOLUTE junk. :wall:wall:wall and its effecting my game drastically. GRRRRR!!!! :@:@:@
have to disagree mate,freerolls can be well worthwhile(if you play the right ones)see my latest freeroll wins on my blog,maybe that will convince you.:ok

Re: Freerolls. There are loads of freerolls worth playing, Poker Player magazine and Inside Pokermagazine offer superb value. There are 2 midweek freerolls on Stan James for playing 10 raked hands, which have on average about 180 entering which are great value. The freerolls to stay away from are where you get over 10,000 entrants and you'd be far better off building a bankroll on microstake tables. Also never play on the freecash tables or sit n go's. I often open one of these tables and play crazy just to piss them off:rollin .