** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Qualifying (Europe) 09/10

Guest heniek31

Guest heniek31

Bet365: 9 Oct-15:00 England v Wales 1.40 3.75 7.50 9 Oct-15:00 Finland v Armenia 1.22 5.00 10.00 9 Oct-15:00 Scotland v Norway 2.40 3.20 2.60 9 Oct-15:00 Spain v Belgium 1.40 3.75 7.50 9 Oct-16:00 Czech Republic v Romania 1.57 3.40 5.50 9 Oct-16:00 Luxembourg v Russia 34.00 8.50 1.03 9 Oct-16:00 Sweden v Hungary 1.44 3.75 6.50 9 Oct-16:30 Slovakia v Latvia 2.00 3.25 3.25 9 Oct-17:00 Belarus v Moldova 1.53 3.40 6.00 9 Oct-17:00 Cyprus v Faroe Islands 1.40 3.75 7.50 9 Oct-17:15 Malta v Iceland 7.50 4.00 1.36 9 Oct-17:15 Ukraine v Greece 2.10 3.00 3.25 9 Oct-17:30 Azerbaijan v Northern Ireland 2.25 3.00 3.00 9 Oct-18:00 Turkey v Kazakhstan 1.04 8.50 26.00 9 Oct-18:15 Liechtenstein v Portugal 51.00 9.00 1.02 9 Oct-19:00 Israel v Switzerland 2.40 3.20 2.60 9 Oct-19:15 Croatia v Bulgaria 1.72 3.25 4.33 9 Oct-19:30 Austria v Poland 2.20 3.25 2.80 9 Oct-19:30 FYR Macedonia v Holland 8.50 4.50 1.28 9 Oct-19:45 Albania v Denmark 4.00 3.10 1.80 9 Oct-20:00 France v Rep of Ireland 1.36 4.00 7.50 9 Oct-20:00 Slovenia v Italy 4.33 3.00 1.80

World Cup Qualifying (Europe) 09/10 Albania 4.00 at home stands out a mile for me. Denmark are a decent side, but no better than that. Albania are good at home, I think they beat Greece in the last round of games and thier record before that game is pretty good too. Maybe lay Denmark to be on the safe side

Guest Jedd25

Denmark.. Although I will not be betting aga. us I think there's value in laying us. It is difficult to see where the goals should come from, Peter Madsen injured, Ebbe Sand Quit international football after euro 2004 and add too that an unconvincing Martin Lørgensen in Fiorentina and Jesper Grønkjær doesn't exactly score loads for his club Birmingham. :b Dennis Rommedahl in Charlton and Peter Løvenkrands in Rangers not playing lately and without much confidence..Jon Dahl in Milan has not scored lately and is on the bench most of the time:( In midfield we look descent with Gravesen and Poulsen but these 2 doesn't score goals normally either (not sure who that 3. party is gonna be here. Claus Jensen and Daniel Jensen are injured).. Where are the danish goals gonna com from is what I would like to ask. 'The carpenter' from Bolton...well I somehow doubt it. That said, there can always come a goal but in the other end we're not that solid with Lauersen abcent we play with Helveg (Norwich), in central defense alongside talented Krøldrup ( Udinese, plays regularly), who doesn't play regularly in his club and then we have quite ordinary when comes to defending (god going forward) Niclas Jensen (Dortmund). :( It should however be noted that this Danish team has been performing well away from home in the rescent year or 2 and beating national team such as England (friendly) Poland (friendly) and Turkey (friendly)...so we could be dangerous for the great Albanian home record!:b EDIT: It should also be noted that the danish 1. keeper Thomas Sørensen is injured ATM. and might not be ready to play come saturday. Albania will miss 2 keydefenders through injury and suspension. So perhaps all together it equal things up in both camps..:b

Guest kingsoccerpunter

Re: Denmark.. I agree completely. Denmark seems pretty weak at the moment with many international players sidelined or just in poor form. However the disappointing result against Ukraine (well at least disappointing to the fans and the players, but perhaps not to the rest of us :P ) could fire up the Danes to make a good effort in Albania. Still the Albaniens have shown remarkable strength at home - the stats speak for themselves =948:929:591:591::::234:234:2004-10-09%2018|45|00] Albania vs. Denmark - www.oddsdna.com Laying Denmark is an interesting risk, but I'm to chicken to do it :unsure

Re: France Rep of Ireland look quite interesting at 7.5, France have had a number of retirements after the Euros and now have Trezuget and Guily injured and Viera sits out the game through suspension. They're not playing well at the moment with a 0-0 home draw against Israel and only a 2-0 win away against Faroe Islands. The Irish have reported no injury worries.

..... Slovakia look decent value to win at home to Latvia @2.00. Latvia have been pretty poor since their flash in the pan appearance at Euro 2004.... I saw them lose 2-0 at home to Portugal and they looked pretty average and weak in defence. They could only then manage a 4-3 win at Luxembourg and they have several players out and their coach is banned from the dugout for this game in Slovakia. Slovakia have started well, getting a good draw at Russia (1-1) and thrashed Liechtenstein 7-0. 2.00 looks a good value bet on the home win here :gimme :puke

Guest shamrock gambler

Re: France Yeah we'll never get a better chance to beat France but I reckon a draw is more realistic. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet, but we can definitely score out there with Duff, Reid and Robbie Keane playing. Back the 1-1.

Finland v Armenia have just been having a look at this game. These two teams met each other in their last qualifier when Finland ran out winners 2-0 in Armenia. "There was little for the Armenians to take from the match, whose goal tally is now 0-5 after two defeats in their opening two qualifiers." Finland start the strong favourites but will be without the influential Mikael Forssell. Their top scorer is actually Eremenko who has been scoring in nearly every game he plays. They also have the likes of Jari Litmanen, Joonas Kolkka, Sami Hyypia, Sami Hyypia, Jussi Jaaskelainen and Jonatan Johansson in their squad. They come into the game off of two wins - at home to Andorra(3-0) and away to Albania(2-0). There only other fixture in the competitionwas a 2-1 away defeat to Romania. All the goals were scored in the second half, and from what i gather, Finland did well up until that point. This is in stark comparison to Armenia who are struggling badly and are yet to pick up a point. They were well beaten by Macedonia (3-0) in their only away fixture in the competition to date. The phscyhological boost of knowing they have beaten this team on their own turf convincingly, must further add to the confidence which the Finland squad currently posesses. The best odds you can get are 1/4 at william hill. They do not look attractive at first but I believe this game is a banker and may be worth a large stake. Finland v Armenia. Confidence 9/10

Slovakia - Latvia I agree with Luso. I posted a pre-match analysis in the Systems & Strategy forum: 10/9/04 SLOVAKIA v Latvia @ 2.02 Betfair I was going to wait with this bet but I noticed the odds dropped from 2.07 (today morning) to 2.02 and I don't want them to drop even further. They might or might not do that, but 2.02 is still good enough for reasons I am going to explain below. I have little experience with how odds fluctuate in time (I tried to test this on Premier League games but I didn't notice any special pattern that applies to all games). Recent games (WC qualifiers): Slovakia 7 Liechtenstein 0 Russia 1 Slovakia 1 Luxembourg 3 Latvia 4 Latvia 0 Portugal 2 Key players: Slovakia: Nemeth (FC Middlesbrough), Vittek, Mintal (both 1.FC Nurnberg), Varga (Celtic), Karhan (Wolfsburg) Latvia: Verpakovskis (Dynamo Kyiv), Prohorenkovs (Dinamo Moscow), Pahars (injured, out until October 16) I watched the Slovakia v Russia game, Slovakia could and should have won with Nemeth and Mintal missing one sitter each. Slovakia dominated the whole second half in a fashion that is not usual for an away team. While Latvia are certainly not a team to write off, I can see Slovakia scoring at least one more goal in this game even if Latvia pack their midfield. The in-form Nemeth is having a good season for Middlesbrough and his goal/minute ratio is very good, Mintal has already scored 4 goals in the German Bundesliga (which is a very good record for a midfielder in a newly promoted side), and Mintal's teammate Vittek has been scoring for fun as well (1 goal against Dortmund last weekend, a hattrick against Liechtenstein and an equalizer against Russia). If these three fail, there's always Varga who could head one in from a set piece. Other factors I considered: There isn't a single player from the Slovak league in the Slovak team and only 1 such player in the squad. Latvian players play mostly in Russian and Ukrainian clubs and Skonto Riga so the international experience should be on Slovakia's side. That and Slovakia's home advantage could be the decisive factors in this fixture. -------------------------------- The odds have dropped further on Betfair, 1.96. I am almost tempted to bet with real money because the Latvian team is falling apart. Here is the team that has been starting lately (European Championship and the 2 qualifiers). It seems that at least 5 players are certain to be out for the Slovakia game: Kolinko (injured but should be back) -------- Isakovs Zemlinskis (banned - 2 yellow cards) Stepanovs (very unlikely) Blagonadeždins (injured - will not play) -------- Bleidelis Lobanovs Astafjevs (injured but should be back) Rubins (eye problems after a ball hit him in the face, claims he cannot play in the coming games) -------- Verpakovskis Prochorenkovs (banned - 2 yellow cards)

Guest LuigItaliano2

World Cup Qualifying (Europe) 09/10 Hello all, I'll try this little and simple sistem at autocorrection, I must do this way because I damnely need founds for recreate my betting money storage... Any comments about Croatia- Bulgaria?? Thanks in advance 1) Finland- Armenia 1 (1.22) Scotland- Norway 1 (2.45) Slovakia- Latvia 1 (1.88) total odd = 5.61 2) Finland- Armenia 1 (1.22) Scotland- Norway 1 (2.45) Croatia- Bulgaria 1 (1.65) total odd = 4.93 3) Finland- Armenia 1 (1.22) Slovakia- Latvia 1 (1.88) Croatia- Bulgaria 1 (1.65) total odd = 3.78

Scotland I wouldnt back Scotland with someone else's money. Awful team, dont they have a few defenders out injured ?? Correct me if im wrong but im sure iv read that 4 out of 5 previous matches between these two have ended in a draw. If i had to have a bet on this game or die id go for the X2 :clap

Guest kojic2003

B&H v S&M We are facing some squad problems ahead of Saturday's game in Bosnia and Herzegovina.Jestrovic(Anderlecht), Vidic(Spartak Moscow), Mladenovic(Glasgow Rangers) and Kezman(Chelsea) are all going to miss the game through injury.This is probably going to be our starting lineup: Serbia and Montenegro(3-5-2): Jevric(Vitesse) - Vitakic(FC Lille), Krstajic(Schalke 04), Gavrancic(Dynamo Kiew) - Dragutinovic(Standard Liege), Vukic(Shakhtar), Duljaj(Shakhtar), Stankovic(Inter Milan), Koroman(KS Samara) - Milosevic(Osasuna), Ljuboja(PSG) This should be a very tight game, without doubt.UNDER 2.5 looks to me like a strong bet here.

World Cup Qualifying (Europe) 09/10 B&H vs S&M - is anyone offering a bookings market on this game? I'm not trying to be offensive here, but these two don't really get on do they? I'd imagine there will be a few tackles flying in

Guest joker250003

Albania-Denmark I have to say about Albania's match against Greece that Albania had an extra motivation to win because they wanted to give joy to about 1M Albanian people that are working in Greece. The atmosphere was too bad for Greek players and the Albanian's play was not good IMO, after 2-0 return back to defence. Greek players lost good chances to make the 2nd goal even though Greece is not well attacking team. I expect Denmark will have a difficult day but they will achieve at least the draw although i believe its time to break Albanian not losing straight at home. Denmark X2 for me. An interest odd for me is UNDER in Italy's match against Slovenia. I am sure about Italy's defence but i will wait to see the latest news here. Another think is at Ukraine-Greece match, which i believe Greece is not losing here. Another possible UNDER match. If Greece gets in front will not lose. Greece X2 and another under

Re: World Cup Qualifying (Europe) 09/10 Kezman missing for S&M won't be a big loss as he has not produced his club form for the national side. I believe his most notable performance was getting sent off in Euro 2000 after only just coming on as a sub. Vidic(especially)& Jestrovic will be missed. Kovacovic has just returned for Real Sociadad, but is he in the squad? I think this will be tight, most likely a 1-1 but either side could nick it 2-1.

Guest kojic2003

B&H B&H have a squad problems of their own as exactly 6 players won't be available for selection: goalkeeper Kenan Hasagic(Trabzon), Vedin Music(Modena), Zlatan Bajramovic(Freiburg), Mo Konjic(Derby County), Ivica Grlic(Duisburg) and Hasan Salihamidzic(Bayern Munchen). Normally all of them would take a part in the starting lineup.That's a huge blow for hosts and I think X2 should be a very, very good bet as well.

World Cup Qualifying (Europe) 09/10 Need a return this week so gonna have to chance an international scene that i know sod all about. Interested in snyenas & Luso's Slovakia. Great post Sny. I wouldnt back Scotland tomorrow either tomorrow. Interested on how up for this game Norway are. 1-1 written all over it. Wouldnt touch correct scores though. Good info jokerman thanks.

Sweden I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Sweden to beat Hungary. I view it as a maximum bet. It's a game that Sweden 'have to win' according to their manager, and although Hungary are no pushovers, Sweden have only lost 2 games out of their last 14 competitive matches (non-friendlies) - these being Latvia (last World Cup group match they had already qualified for, and their slip-up last time against Croatia). I'm sure Larsson & Co are primed and ready!! Sweden (4/7 - Ladbrokes (note shop only coupon) 20 pt max single

Guest Winsome Losesome

Azerbaijan V Northern Ireland Anyone else think 11/4 is a massive price for N.I. away to a traditional minnow side. Azerbaijan have no home form to speak of apart from beating S&M (ooer!) in the last qualifiers and drawing with Wales in the last match. People will look at that and say the wales draw was a good result, which it was, but then Northern Irelands away draw in Wales was even better, no? Sanchez is unbeaten in 6 away games since taking over as N.I. boss and I think they'll win this one 2 or 3 nil.

World Cup Qualifying (Europe) 09/10 I dunno Winsome sounds a bit tricky to me. Likewise with Sweden Rick. I want something solid if im odds on and i aint convinced. Israel interests me on first inspection. They drew in France then got a slim win at home v a minnow. Switzerland have won their 2 games but both at home and not v much. I'm away to look. Arent Israel traditionally a good home side? Do they play their games at home still?

Ukraine-Greece e-go_o_xarrrr7777.jpg Greece has suffered a blow due to the injury of striker Charisteas, who is most likely going to be sidelined for this crucial match. Charisteas is the most important player in the front line and now Vryzas is alone. Given the fact that Papadopoulos (striker of Panathinaikos) was injured in the last round, Rehaggel has no alternatives for this problem. Instead he will probably use a midfielder (Giannakopoulos?) behind Vryzas. With only one point after 2 matches, Greece is desperate to get a positive result in Kyiv, in order to stay alive. The defeat at Albania and the draw against Turkey at home have pushed them back in the table. There is however a good point in the whole story. There is less pressure by the media and the public in general, a situation similar to the one in the EURO 2004 Qualifiers. Probable line-up Greece: Nikopolidis (Olympiakos) - Kapsis (Bordeaux), Katsouranis (AEK), Dellas (Roma), Seitaridis (Porto) - Zagorakis (Bologna), Fyssas (Benfica), Basinas (Panathinaikos), Karagounis (Inter), Giannakopoulos (Bolton) - Vryzas (Celta). On the other hand, Schevchenko is in great spirits, appearing to be in a great form with his club, AC Milan. His performance may be a crucial factor on Saturday. Speaking to the Greek television on Friday night, Oleg Protasov, a respectful and very popular person in Greece, who has played in the national league, mentioned: «I believe that the draw is the most probable outcome. Both teams will play carefully in the defense and if the strikers of either side are in a good day, that may decide the match.» The coach of Ukraine, Oleg Blokhin, is also familiar with the Greek football, having worked as a coach here a few years ago. He is not going to underestimate Greece, knowing the psychology of his opponents, suggesting that the aftermath of the Euro triumph has disoriented them. H2H Stats 2004: Greece-Ukraine: 1-0 2002: Ukraine-Greece: 2-0 With a win, Ukraine will gain a huge advantage. But the draw will not disappoint anyone. I expect a tight match, decided at one goal (if any). So, I will once again back the Under 2.5 option, as I have done in most of Greece’s matches. 8)

Croatia - Bulgaria These two are pretty evenly matched, I think. Croatia got off to a flying start of the qualifications with an impressive home win against Hungary and a lucky away win at Sweden. Bulgaria got a decent away win in Iceland though, so they (or should I say we) shouldn't be underestimated. Croatia will be withour defensive anchor man Tudor and creative forward Olic; Prso and Srna are not 100% fit but they will play. Bulgaria will sorely miss midfileder Hristov. Overall Croatia has a better defense, Bulgaria has some in-form strikers - Berbatov and Bojinov, plus Manchev and Martin Petrov on the wings. This match wil either finish with a tense low-scoring draw or the players will get all fired up and then the match can go either way. Odds for home win is too low for me. Mind Croatia's good home record though - that's the only thing stopping me from a 5/10 bet on Bulgaria with odds around 5.5 available at Fonbet and Betfair.

Guest scotpunt

n i winsome have to go against you here: I looked at the matches earlier in the week and my stand out bet is: Azerbaijen to beat Northern Ireland @ 2.30 with Betfred (also a 50% winnings bonus if it wons!!) NI are in disarray and have had to call in a non league striker as they have crippling suspension and injury worries. The best player (David Healy) is suspended with his sending off v Wales. Azer are no great shakes but are fairly solid at home, NI are a woeful, woeful side (and that takes someting to say as Im from Scotland (I wouldnt not touch us at all BTW!!!) Also like the Slovakia bet having read the info.

Guest greenbhoy

n.i I reckon N.I will win this one - Sanchez will be off the Moyes at Everton mode, of grinding results out then resting on laurels with complacency thinking your team are good players, to come down to earth with a bump ( N.I last game, Everton last season ) and go deliver again - Healy is missing but we are talking about Aberzajan here - 2/1 N.I looks a good bet here. Liked the info on Slovakia. howdy forum !! :ok

Re: n i Quite a few picks today with the WC qualifiers in Europe today, as i beleive many of them pose good value to the punter. 8 picks in all coming up. First pick is Belarus at home to Moldova. Apart from top spot, this group looks open to a few for the second spot, and i beleive Belarus have a good chance to do this with an ever improving side. Moldova's results have not been to impressive, and i doubt they will pose much threat to anyone in this group. If Belarus have any real aspirations of getting through, then this is simply a must win game. 1.54 at betfair is takeable easily IMO for the home side. Second up, is Cyprus, and this will be max stakes. They face the Faroe's who on the road are very poor indeed it must be said, and although Cyprus lost their opening two games, they were unlucky to lose 2-1 in Israel, and were simply beat by a very good looking Ireland side. At home though Cyprus could be tough to beat, and i find it very hard to beleive Faroe's can take anything from this one. 1.40 at betfair currently trading. The Czech Republic i feel deserve to be backed today at home to Romania. They were well beat it seems in Holland, but now is the time they get back on track i feel. Romania have max points so far in qualifying, but mainly i feel this is against teams where it would be a suprise if they didn't win. The Czech's on paper still have a good team, and if they play to their ability, it would be a suprise if the Romanian's took anything from Prague today. 1.75 at Nordic just for the home win. Norway on the (0) handicap today look like nice value against the woe that is Scotland. Whatever the scots think of their national team is up to them, but it is dire, fact. Berti McVogts is doing a poor job, and scoring is becoming a massive problem for his team. Norway seem like they are putting together a decent side again after a the last few years disaster qualifying campaigns (especially the last WC) and when 1.74 at betfair is available for this handicap, i can't turn it down. The Ukraine are a widely tipped pick today i have seen, and i have to say i agree. Greece are a side that is still IMO average anyway, and they have a lot to live up to as the european champions, which also means teams will want to beat them. With Shevchenko leading the line, and what will probably be a hostile crowd in Kiev, Ukraine have every opportunity to get a good result in this tough qualifying group. Ukraine -0.25 at 1.98 at bet365 is simply a fantastic offer IMO, and cannot be missed. Remember a draw would mean half stakes are returned. Slovakia are my next reccomendation who are home to the euro 2004 suprises, Latvia. But Latvia don't seem as organised post euro2004, letting in an amazing 3 goals to the minnows that are Luxembourg in the last game. Lativa also miss many players that were in that solid side from the summer, and a decent Slovakia side have every chance, as they always do at home, to take 3 points here. 1.83 at laddies seems a good price to me. I am on Sweden today, as i see a few other people are today. I am on Sweden at -1 for this one, as i beleive they easily have the ability to beat the Hungarians easily today. It won't be a walk in the park for the Swedes today, but i think they have enough firepower to get a few goals at home today. The Hungarians defence has also raised question marks in recent games, which makes me even more confident. 1.74 at betfair for this one. Finally, Spain today is my last pick, again on the -1 handicap, against the Belguim's. They are always strong in qualifying, everyone knows that (although admittedly they did have to face norway in a play-off for Euro 2004) and i can't see to many problems today against what looks like a distinctly average Belgium side, who will find it really tough going against the firepower the Spainairds have to offer. 1.70 at canbet for this one. Picks Belarus (1.54) 9/10 Cyprus (1.40) 10/10 Czech Republic (1.75) 8/10 Norway (0) (1.74) 8/10 Ukraine -0.25 (1.98 ) 8/10 Slovakia (1.83) 6/10 Sweden -1 (1.74) 7/10 Spain -1 (1.70) 7/10

Re: Azerbaijan V Northern Ireland Just want to reiterate the ROI pick, worth a bet i think, especially on the handicaps. Im looking at the likely teams and with the likes of an average Dacourt, an aging Lizarazu and the absence of Zidane and Vieira i think the Irish could pressure the French here. The French dont seem to get the best out of Henry, choosing to play him with an out and out striker (Trezeguet, Cisse) rather than a Bergkamp Reyes or Kanu which evidently works better.

... Frankreich – Irland Frankreich Under 1.5 @ 2.30 Fonbet France played in the last game at home only with 0-0 against Israel. However they dominated the game but they had no really clear chances to score a goal. Ireland won against Cyprus easily with 3-0 and in the last game they played 1-1 in Switzerland. I expect here again a tough and boring game – I think the Under 2.5 is interesting, too. But for his price I will try the France-Under bet.