GaF

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Sharkscope

Boss has been in Beta since May.... So far as I know' date=' there are no results prior to this....[/quote'] Thanks matey - so i have only played 156 games since May - hmmmm its very up to date then! LOL Still its nice to see that they are working on it and I am sure that I can get some use out of the 5 free searches a day cheers Damo

Re: Sharkscope ey up guys and gals been playing $3 speed on paradise tonight. did ok, made about $45 profit. what does roi mean? is it good to be plus? gaf can u post mine up if u still have the free trial m8? used my 5 searches in one game!!! one guy -$99, one brand new, one -$34, one $-15. got a bit of confidence from this and won the game! cheers tish

Re: Sharkscope Sorry if DT's last reply looks puzzling, but I'm having problems copy-and-pasting his stats without including loads of irrelevant guff, so I deleted my post. But basically: 71 games played. Average profit: $1. Average stake: $4. Average ROI: +25%. Total profit: $65.

Re: Sharkscope Sorry but I cannot remember where I read this :unsure but I believe Pokerstars are going to stop their data being used by the likes of sharkscope. Something about protecting their clients information and it looks like other sites will follow suit. So don't invest just yet :ok (in the meantime I will try and find the source :eyes)

Re: Sharkscope PokerStars’ Policy Regarding “Rankings / Ratings” Services Distribution: Operators of Online Poker Player Ranking Sites To ensure player privacy regarding certain player statistics and financial information gathered by websites (hereinafter “Service Operator”) that collect and organize PokerStars players’ results by various means, PokerStars has devised the following rules with which such Service Operators must comply: 1. No player profitability data (i.e. ROI, net profit, etc) may be displayed on any player unless the player has explicitly opted into such display by transferring $0.03 to a prominently published PokerStars account owned by the Service Operator. This request must be acknowledged by the Service Operator by sending the $0.03 back to the player as confirmation within a reasonable time frame not to exceed 5 days. 2. Any player may choose to completely opt out of having any information about them displayed on the Service. To do so, player will transfer $0.01 to the service operator’s PokerStars account. This request must be acknowledged by the Service Operator by sending the $0.01 back to the player as confirmation within a reasonable time frame not to exceed 5 days. Note that the amount here is different, in order to distinguish an opt-out request from an opt-in request. 3. The use of the “transfer from user to Service and back again” method for opt-in and opt-out is required. This method permits these requests to be handled privately and securely without the disclosure of the player’s Email, real name, or other private information. Only the player’s PokerStars User ID is required. 4. Both the opt-in and opt-out options must be prominently displayed on the main / front page of the Service (at minimum, a normal-sized link on the front page to a more complete description elsewhere). 5. If the service’s operation pre-dates the establishment of these guidelines, there shall be no “grandfather clause” for existing data. 100% of historical profitability data must be removed from view until such time as a player explicitly opts in as above. Any Service Operator found to be in violation of these rules risks having their access to PokerStars’ game client restricted and/or the service impeded, including but not limited to the warning of players who access the Service while the PokerStars client is open.

Re: Sharkscope Is this the article you saw?

PokerStars Prohibit Player Database Service Information August 03, 2007 Barry Carter 46b2f6f0db5be.jpg PokerStars have announced that they will be prohibiting data mining web sites, like Sharkscope and thepokerdb, from displaying information about their clients in the public domain. Currently anyone can access comprehensive information about an online poker player by simply typing their user ID into one of these search engines. They reveal a players total profit/loss, average ROI, number of games played, longest winning streaks, etc. Pokerstars have issued a release to all data mining websites which states that: 1. No player profitability data (i.e. ROI, net profit, etc) may be displayed on any player unless the player has explicitly opted into such display by transferring $0.03 to a prominently published PokerStars account owned by the Service Operator. This request must be acknowledged by the Service Operator by sending the $0.03 back to the player as confirmation within a reasonable time frame not to exceed 5 days. 2. Any player may choose to completely opt out of having any information about them displayed on the Service. To do so, player will transfer $0.01 to the service operator's PokerStars account. This request must be acknowledged by the Service Operator by sending the $0.01 back to the player as confirmation within a reasonable time frame not to exceed 5 days. Note that the amount here is different, in order to distinguish an opt-out request from an opt-in request. 3. The use of the "transfer from user to Service and back again" method for opt-in and opt-out is required. This method permits these requests to be handled privately and securely without the disclosure of the player's Email, real name, or other private information. Only the player's PokerStars User ID is required. 4. Both the opt-in and opt-out options must be prominently displayed on the main / front page of the Service (at minimum, a normal-sized link on the front page to a more complete description elsewhere). 5. If the service's operation pre-dates the establishment of these guidelines, there shall be no "grandfather clause" for existing data. 100% of historical profitability data must be removed from view until such time as a player explicitly opts in as above. So it appears that in order for a poker players information to be readily available they have to expressly give permission for the web site to use it. This could mean that only the very successful players will be allowing their information to be accessible in the public domain. This, to an extent, would run contrary to one of the primary uses of these data mining resources; to identify and isolate weak players. Rather interestingly, the former Card Room Manager at PokerStars, Lee Jones, wrote an article a month ago about keeping anonymity in poker. He suggested that as the "Sharks" were evolving through online tools like data mining, poker tracker etc, the "Fish" were devolving because of barriers preventing them from redepositing money ie: the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act. Jones inferred that with such comprehensive tools to allow weak players to be exploited the fish pool could dry up and it would be better for the entire poker community for everyone to be allowed to change their online ID at will.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Sharkscope Playing STTs on Virgin, I've only just got to the stage where Sharkscope has enough data to generate a ROI v buyin graph for me (middle graph). Am I the only person in the world whose graph looks like this? :unsure Thing is, in my "Chris Ferguson" experiment on UltimateBet, I've been struggling recently just to break even in the $0.50 and $1 STTs. :$ Should I just take out a bank loan and step straight up to the $1000 tables? :lol sharksj1.jpg

• 5 years later...

Re: Sharkscope [ATTACH]4823[/ATTACH] Was looking at Sharkscope today and noticed they could combine players ids , so paid $10 to satisfy my curiosity and found 54 definite aliases of mine and put them all in one group. Big surprise was how few network games I have played as have been playing online for close to 13 years and have only played 648. Site exclusive games aren't included. Actually surprised by the profit of £399 which will be a fair bit out due to the amount of tickets won through freerolls, cash game loyalty points etc., etc. But even upping the profit by say £500/£1000 to allow for that it still gets me no were near my profit over the 13 years. Pretty chuffed with my 71 rating as that must be pretty good for such a low buy in average Doubt if my cash game profits are earth shattering either so I must have won a hell of a lot in freerolls and site exclusive games.

post-10620-14429285383804_thumb.jpg