** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June)

Friday 8 June 2007
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
FC Lahti v Vaasa (15:30 BST)1.664.106.80100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/Under
Sunday 10 June 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
HJK Helsinki v Jaro (16:30 BST)1.534.107.40104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/Under
Viikingit Hsk v TPS (16:30 BST)3.903.452.25100% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/Under
Monday 11 June 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Vaasa v AC Oulu (17:00 BST)2.253.303.15107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Goal TimeFirst Team to ScoreHalf with Most GoalsHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultLast Team to ScoreOdd or Even TotalOver/Under
Only one match today FC Lahti - VPS The away team is in awful form and has lost three games in a row, latest being 5-1 on road against TPS. On the other hand Lahti is coming of a dissapointing 1-0 away loss to league leader TamU and before that they were 3/4. I watched the TamU-Lahti game and Lahti deserved atleast a point, they were very unlucky (=bad at finishing) and the game could have easily been 0-2 before TamU even got in to the game. So the main point here is the fact that there is a big class difference between these teams, especially with these forms and this matchup (Lahti as home team). Lahti is 2-0-1 at home (6-6 goal dif.) and have won two in a row there. VPS on the other hand has lost all three of their away games and are 1-11 goal diff. on road. There should be no question about the winner today as Lahti should walk over VPS. FC Lahti @1.62 FC Lahti (-1.0) @2.60 :eek FC Lahti HT @2.10 Over 2.5 @1.80 Best of luck to everyone :ok EDIT: Odds are from Betsafe from this morning.

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) for Lahti Heikki Haara was the toppari of Lahti already on the bench in the previous Tampere United match so he probably now returns to the opening assemblage. Kemppinen. is missing - no importance for VPS Ekstrom is missing - OLD miss

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) Lahti -0.75 @ 1.80 (VC Bet) VPS have been terrible away, no one can argue that: 0-0-3 1-11. A surprise for me as I thought they would be a tough team to beat this season too, last season they were able to get quite a few points away from home from playing their usual simple football. Lahti are unpredictable, mix high and low, but they have been solid at home apart from that 1-4 loss to Jaro in the first round. I expect Lahti to show their superior class here and they should be able to beat VPS with a couple of goals. TPS -0.25 @ 1.78 TPS have had a good run, three straight wins, 3-1-1 last five matches. TPS imo a very solid team, have only allowed 5 goals in 7 matches, and now that their attacking works too, 11 goals scored last three, things look very good. Ok, the opposition may not have been very tough in two of those matches: VPS and Oulu, but nevertheless, they won and did it convincingly. Viikingit got a surprise win away vs Inter last round, and before that they got 1-1 at home to HJK so they should not be underestimated, but I'm sure that TPS must be considered the better team and favourites to win this one.

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) I agree with all Lahiti... I have no doubt they will be victorious tonight but have decided to take them @ -1.5... priced @ 2.8 this is tremendous value... this is obviously a smaller stakes bet but i am confident that a favourable result is a 50/50 chance or at worst 40/60... even then the price is sound.... gl all lets hope we all pull the winners 2night....:ok

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June)

can u explain me what means FC Lahti (-1.0) @2.60 ? thank you good bets
-1 Means that they have to win with more than one goal. But its important to separate each way handicap and asian handicap: With each way you loose if, in this case Lahti, wins with one goal, with asian you get a push, your stake back. My bet, Lahti -0.75 is asian, meaning that I win half and get half stake back if Lahti wins with one goal, making the odds 1.40, if Lahti wins with more than one goal I win the whole bet.

in -0.75 if you bet 3 euros and lahti won 1-0 you win 1' date='5 euros?[/quote'] You get 1.5 euros back and win 1.80 x 1.5 euros, 2.7 euros. Totally you get 4.2 euros for staked 3 euros = 1.40 effective odds.

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) I know some of you get annoyed at me being such a naysayer, but let me tell you why I don't like the -1 handicap for Lahti, which is my book's only choice besides -165 on the straight win. So many Finland V games are low-scoring, and Lahti is not such a good team that we can bank on them winning by many goals. Lahti is not a great team...3-1-3 so far, and in only one game have they beaten a team by more than one goal: HJK Helsinki. Beyond that, while VPS has had a poor start, look at the opponents...They got crushed 0-5 at Inter and home 1-2 to Jaro, yes, but here are the rest: 1-5 to 3rd-place TPS 0-1 to 2nd-place Haka Home draws to 1st-place Tampere, 4th-place MyPa and 5th-place Honka So VPS have played the top five teams at the moment and only been beaten by more than one goal once. In seven games total they've been beaten by more than one goal twice. How many clean sheets has Lahti kept this year? One (0-0 draw to Mariehamn). All that has to happen in this game to possibly screw up the handicap is for Lahti to concede, which they've done in six of seven games. And I'm convinced that VPS is not as bad as their record would indicate since they have already played against the top five teams in the league and only once has the game been a blowout. Lahti might win this one 2-0 or 3-0...but I don't think this one's worth the risk. I think it's just as possible that VPS will have a much better time of it playing a midtable team, and that the game is more likely to be tight...too tight for my comfort level. BOL everybody, I'll be happy to be proved wrong here since you'll all make some money.

I'm going to take the overs at even money' date=' which I think has value. Lahti is a team that does not settle for draws, especially at home, and I think VPS will surprise by scoring...BOL all[/quote'] You could be very right... lets hope not about the scoring thing... 3-0 everybody is happy...:ok

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) @allthethings Well, I'm not annoyed at all. It's nice to have many opinions on games, even if they are against you. But still I doubt that it's not wise to pass this game: From your text I see you think Lahti isn't such a great team and VPS might be better than it looks atm. Basicly it's a nice argument, but it just smells so if,might,could be-formed. I really dunno if VPS is better than it looks, but their current form nevertheless is awful and they surely belong to the lower class of the league. And as for Lahti, they are in good form and as I said earlier they looked really good against league leader TamU (although TamU was the host) and that shouldn't be ignored, making this a really good looking spot to take HW regardless of the outcome ;) EDIT: 1-0 Lahti 7th minute.. looking good. 2-0 Lahti 16th minute... 3-0 26min... looks like this game is in da bag

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) FC Viikingit - TPS TPS coming of three impressive wins in a row which were played against VPS, Oulu and Lahti and all of 'em were by more than one goal margin. Now they visit a newcomer FC Viikingit whose play has been pretty much a rollercoaster so far, especially at home. First home game they defeated Honka 3-2 and right after that they lost to lesser KooTeePee following a 1-4 defeat to MyPa. Their last home game they took a point from HJK in a 1-1 draw which can be again seen as an improvement (although HJK was/is in a big crisis) and they increased that good streak by winning Inter 0-1 in their last game. I really don't no how good of a club Viikingit is, could be that they might be above the trash in this league (or they've just gotten lucky) but it's really hard to tell not seeing the games as the scores shake from side to side and I can't take 1-1 draw against HJK and 0-1 win against Inter too serioysly as both clubs have been so frigin awful. Now Viikingit will face a tough task when rollin' TPS visits them and I just can't see them holding on this time around. TPS (-1.0) @3.60 HJK - FF Jaro HJK should be considered as a clear favourite to win this match but in this form that they are in... i wouldn't be too sure. HJK has have big trouble scoring at home, only two goals scored in three matches and they've scored only one goal in previous three games. On the other Jaro has done good on road, going on two wins and one loss and looks to be pretty much at HJKs level atm when looking at the stats. With that said I can't see any value on HJK's win (I also think that their top strikes Ghazi is out today if I remember right, he called a referee a rasist when he was thrown out in last game) as the odds are absolute rubbish. Also Jaro's win would be a surprise to say atleast. So with HJKs offensive slump and Jaro will probably go with highly defensive tactics to try and secure a point I see value in draw at halftime. Draw HT @2.20 --------------------------- Best of luck to everyone :ok

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) HJK - FF Jaro Pick: Under 2.5 @ 2.05 Expekt This looks like an easy game for HJK , but I`m not convinced in it . HJK still haven`t won a home game , and it is really strange , because they met poor teams like IFK Mariehamn and AC Oulu , both draws , and lost a derby game vs TamU . Their main advantage here is that they play on artificial grass , and most of the times this is hard for the opponents . HJK are currently on 7th place , 9 points behind TamU , and if they want to win the title in their anniversary , they should start to perform much better than now . Bad news for home side is that first choice goalkeeper Ville Wallen and their top goalscorer Farid Ghazi , who is suspended . HJK struggled to score in recent games , and now without Ghazi it would be even harder . And with their goalie missing , they should be very careful not to give many opportunities for the away side to attack . Jaro are coming with a clear idea of fighting hard , playing defensive football and getting a point , which is far from impossible in current situation . They don`t have problems with their squad . I expect from them to start the game in a deffensive way , and to wait their chances on a counter-attack . I`m not sure if their tactic will be successful , but I`m quite confident , that HJK won`t win with a big margin , if , of course , they win that game . They made two draws so far , 0-0 and 2-2 , for this game I expect a minimum home win , 1-0 , or a draw , 1-1 , if Jaro manages to score a goal , so I will go for the Under here , 8/10 would be my stake . GL to everyone . Arvioidut avaukset: HJK: Johansson, Aalto, Halsti, Aho, Raitala, Zeneli, Savolainen, Medjoudj, Nurmela, Parikka, Samura. Poissa: Marjamaa, Wallén, Ghazi. Jaro: Jaro: Markus Koljander, Vesa Heikinheimo, Jesper Törnqvist, Jonas Portin, Jimmy Wargh, Jonas Emet, Piracaia , Jussi Aalto, Jani Koivisto, Niklas Storbacka, Toni Junnila. These are probable line-ups , taken from veikkausliiga.com .

TPS (-1.0) @3.60 Draw HT @2.20
HJK 1-1 at HT & TPS 0-1 FT so little profit. I'm a bit dissapointed in TPS results as they seemed much better in the first half (for example Viikingit didnt have any shots on goal) but C.Cleaver from TPS somehow managed to get two yellow cards in few minutes right before HT, what a ****** :lol

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) VPS - AC Oulu Home team VPS has lost four matches in a row, conceding a total of 11 goals in last two matches against TPS and FC Lahti. You could easily point out that there is something badly wrong right now after somewhat normal looking 0-3-1 start (although the loss was 5-0 to Inter). The thing that points out the most is ofcourse that VPS seems to be playing really, really badly on road instead of home, although they lost their last home game to not so great Jaro. Now they are hosting AC Oulu which has played well in my books and much better than VPS. Oulu is coming of a 1-1 home draw against Mypa and last away game was against tough FC Lahti were they performed okey although ended up losing 2-1. You can compare that loss to VPS last which was 6-0 to the same opponent, FC Lahti. That tells of a class difference between the teams and I really fancy AC Oulu to take the points here as they should simply be the better side. Furthermore VPS last two (-three) games's performances should affect the teams confidence alot and AC Oulu should come to win with offensive tactics against a team this level. AC Oulu @2.80 Best of luck to everyone :ok

Re: Finland - Veikkausliiga (8-11 June) Long time no posts. Anyway this seems to be very nice & profitable thread. Good pics all of you. :ok One important comment relating VPS is that they kicked their coach away after terrible lost against Lahti. This normally gives some boost to a team. Actally I have a feeling that players didn't like the coach very much, so this might cheer them quite a bit. VPS has not announced new coach yet, so former number 2 is coaching (at least) this game.

Long time no posts. Anyway this seems to be very nice & profitable thread. Good pics all of you. :ok One important comment relating VPS is that they kicked their coach away after terrible lost against Lahti. This normally gives some boost to a team. Actally I have a feeling that players didn't like the coach very much, so this might cheer them quite a bit. VPS has not announced new coach yet, so former number 2 is coaching (at least) this game.
So there likely to crash... or smash it... mayb tho with the 2nd coach taking over mayb not 2 much will change... while these two teams really dont look like scoring too much if this is the case... I am happy to take the 1.76 on offer for over 2/2.5... small stakes for interest... gl....:ok