AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd)

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) All these late inclusions, cloak and dagger stuff is really annoying... but I guess theres no point complaining. Hopefully we just get a good match. Edit: Looks like Peter Burgoyne will be playing with an injury of sorts.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) Tempo with minutes left in first then again mid second! Port are basically saying "we're scared of you", wheras they wern't really out of the mementum picture IMV. Bet I sound like a broken record but not the best tactic IMO. Still not complaining, so more of that please, Port. Wasn't Salopak a free to Smith for taking eyes off ball? Would have started a riot but technically ... ??

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd)

Nope. I was in shock... ...besides, couldn't afford to go out after 4 straight losses! :lol Terrible day at the office. Crows never really in it, but could have closed to 2 goals with 6-7 minutes left...Mattner had a flying shot (and missed) instead of a simple handball into the goal square... Kangas were well on top for the first 5 minutes of the last quarter but missed 3-4 easy(ish) shots which could have seen them right in it. (0.6 in the 2nd hurt too) Eagles landslide in the last 15 tho... ...haven't got exact stats with me, but I think I50's at 3/4 time were something like 39-36 Kangas way??! Signs were on the wall early for the 'over'...some simple misses, followed by a hell of a lot of skill errors...repeat...repeat. Agree. Terrible game. Swans looked to take control in the second...just thought they'd go on with it after half time. Full credit to Essendon I guess...:( ... ...although, how is Spida feeling right now after stupidly punching thru a point after the siren at 3/4 time!!! :wall Still think Hawthorn's road record is a worry ash...but good luck. :cheers
You are joking right when you say Spida was stupid to punch through the rushed behind at 3/4 time? Maybe it was unnecessary, but its easy to bag a player out in hindsight after the match. You could say the same thing for 10, 15, 20 other plays throughout the match which in hindisht could have changed the result. It was just a good and deserverd win to the Bombers. It sux for my Swannies, but thats just footy.

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) Can only see a very relevant comment about an experienced player who should have been playing the percentages, Loz, and yes there's alway's other little incidents in every game which I'm sure most aknowledge goes without saying. It's important to read people's posts in the sense they're meant. Note what it say's at top; 'Punter's Lounge', 'Betting Site' are what it's supposed to be here rather than some sort of fanatical supporters site.

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) Well if anything, I think the fact the umpire didn't call out of bounds when the essendon player ran outside the line and kicked to a mark and goal counts for more :p But anyway, I lost 7 out of 8 bets this week. I will now go investigate the liquor :(

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) re: the Spida incident......did you not see it, Loz?99.9% of players in the AFL would have simply marked it! Landed on his chest a good 5m out from goal......instead he threw a wayward punch at it, presumably in frustration, and it ricocheted through for, what became, a very, VERY valuable point.Me too, koi. I lost 5 of 6 (snuck in over 212 in the Doggies game).Nice call on the Hawks Ads and Ash...hopefully someone ended in the black this week.oh...not trying to start an argument Ads, but West Coast had 423 possessions to 354 v. Hawthorn last week......just think (as I've said before) possession count is one of the least relevant stats in football today......in fact, quite the opposite to what most of us grew up with, the possession count now, imo is more of an indicator of defensive game play than one of scoring.Oh well...any ****ing chance of St. Kilda kicking a straight one??!! :@ EDIT: Not sure what's happened to the formatting here!! ...

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) Havn't seen Blues/dogs game but are there a few dogs carrying injuries? Johno looked injured? last week and were McMahon, Griffen rushed back too soon? How'd they go today? I suspect Dal Santo is playing injured also. Heard early in week he was in some doubt.

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) Extremely lazy performance today by the Dogs. Actually, now I know why Terry Wallace was so keen to take credit for this current team...they played exactly they way he left them today! Unaccountable from the start, no defensive pressure at all...even when Carlton got on a roll early in the 3rd there were loose players running everywhere!! Johnson seemed ok, just little help up forward... ...also a very selfish game. 3 or 4 times Dogs decided to have low % flying shots rather than kick to players in far better position...Johnson in particularly bad!!... ...you'll see on in the 3rd (2nd?) where he shoots from the boundary about 40 out and the only person between him and the goals is Aker!!! Crazy! Still think Sydney and Dogs squeeze Port and Essendon out of the 8... ...but watsed year for sure. Look to have gone backwards.

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) We are the Navy Blues, We are the old dark Navy Blues, We’re the team that never lets you down, We’re the only team old Carlton knows, With all the champions they like to send us, We’ll keep our end up. And they will know that they’ve been playing Against the famous old dark Blues. The blues are back in town, what a performance that was. Third quarter was nothing short of sensational :nana

Re: AFL Football - Round 10 (June 1st - 3rd) What a round of football! Great win by Carlton over the Bulldogs. I was actually at home watching the delayed telecast and its in the third quarter with Calrton 84 Doggies 81 or something like, and was enjoying a good game of football ( as good as it can be with channel 7 commentators). Then the phone rings and I look at the mobile display and its the mad englishman Jeffers on the phone, so I answer it, and "Da da da da da, Da da da da da, We are the navy blues...." :rollin:rollin:rollinand I thought to myself well the Blues must have won so no need to watch the end of the game :cry Fair effort by the Bluebaggers too, been playing some good football but not finishing it off, today they did. Geelong showed today they are the real deal as they quite easily disposed of the Saints. Hawthorn beat their bogey side Port Power, so they may be some kind of real deal too. In my mind West Coast are clearly the best side in the league, closely followed by Geelong, Hawthorn, and to a lesser extent Collingwood, Adelaide and Sydney.

We are the Navy Blues' date= We are the old dark Navy Blues, We’re the team that never lets you down, We’re the only team old Carlton knows, With all the champions they like to send us, We’ll keep our end up. And they will know that they’ve been playing Against the famous old dark Blues. The blues are back in town, what a performance that was. Third quarter was nothing short of sensational :nana
:cheers Jeffers - the win couldn't have come at a better time. I raised the Carlton issue at the right time!!

:cheers Jeffers - the win couldn't have come at a better time. I raised the Carlton issue at the right time!!
If Jeffers gets this excited over watching arlton, wonder what he would be like watching a decent team :rollin

If Jeffers gets this excited over watching arlton' date=' wonder what he would be like watching a decent team :rollin[/quote'] Ok, I wasn't going to post this, but my hand has been forced. :tongue2 BJ actually said on the phone the other day he has a soft spot for Carlton, and loves their style of play :loon I'm not joking either :dude Go Blues!