NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd)

You are kidding about the selection of Mason right? I take it you haven't watched too many doggies games this season? Plain and simple buddy, anyways i got way more important stuff to do than argue over an internet site! Let's just leave it at that hey jack? gl this weekend with your selections and i hope your on the kiwis tonight with the 8.5

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Under 4 hours till kickoff boys!!!!:clap I am counting down the seconds and cannot wait to see that mighty black jersey wrapped around sonny bill and benji. Like every kiwi cannot back agaisnt my boys but i truly beleive we have got more than a 40% chance of winning this game. Only concern for me is inu at the back. I can't say that i have seen him play at all and i'm wondering if you jumbo or mike now anything about this kid? Heart says kiwis exact winning margin 60-0 :ok Head says kiwis +8.5 But i will be only wagering money on one of them. GL BOYS for tonight

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Australia win by 13+ margin This should be a great game between the two biggest rivals but i expect Australia to come out on top in the end quite comfortably. The Kangaroos have been criticised for the naming of several players and leaving others out, but much can be said about the NZ players too, as some of them are not in the greatest form either. Last year it was a very close game in the Tri Nations but the Kiwis have lost players like Jones, Wiki and now Kidwell, and put in some fresh debutants who will be tested quite regularly. While the forward packs are pretty similar there is a big class difference in the backs and i expect to see Lockyer and Thurston to lead the Kangaroos to a comfortable victory

Australia win by 13+ margin This should be a great game between the two biggest rivals but i expect Australia to come out on top in the end quite comfortably. The Kangaroos have been criticised for the naming of several players and leaving others out, but much can be said about the NZ players too, as some of them are not in the greatest form either. Last year it was a very close game in the Tri Nations but the Kiwis have lost players like Jones, Wiki and now Kidwell, and put in some fresh debutants who will be tested quite regularly. While the forward packs are pretty similar there is a big class difference in the backs and i expect to see Lockyer and Thurston to lead the Kangaroos to a comfortable victory
I would have to disagree with that back theory. Tate's form hasn't been that flash this year neither has lyon's,lockyer's or king's. Infact i would have to say that the only 2 people in form are thurston and hodges. Now Mannering and soliola are a very underated centre pairing IMO and both Vatuvei and webster are scoring machines. Also it is true that we have lost big names from last years tri-nations but we have also gained a little player by the name of Benji Marshall and another little crawler that goes by the name Sonny Bill Brilliance, both did not play in last years losing tri-nations teams. So i think this more than cancels out the jones/kidwell factor. This is just my opinion mate so for your sake i hope i'm wrong :) . Let me no if you disagree with my points. gl

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) I might still have a dabble at Australia to win by either 19pts or 23pts for a bit of excitement, but my only proper bet for the game is Darren Lockyer to score more tries than Cameron Smith. As Jumbo pointed out, being a test match things can be difficult to predict, so I'll keeping my fingers away so as not to get burnt needlessly here. Gl all those having a punt tonight.

Only concern for me is inu at the back. I can't say that i have seen him play at all and i'm wondering if you jumbo or mike now anything about this kid? Heart says kiwis exact winning margin 60-0 :ok Head says kiwis +8.5
Sorry mate don't know anything about him, i to hope the kiwis win brother :unsure , but i've got that feeling in the guts that a pasting is on the cards :sad ..to many debuts and young guys (average age is 22 in the team)...i think the best we can take from this one is a good blooding of the new boys for the future....but i guess we will know in a few hours!....love the 60-0 call there Syd!...wouldn't it be awesome!.....i'm hoping for it :hope

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) LOL Crouch if it comes off drinks are on you! Thanks anyways mike, i also have a feeling about tonights game and it is a kiwi win. Mind you i have had that feeling for years lol. I will be the only one out of 1000 or so people doing the haka with the boys so i hope i don't die tonight. I think this will be choice game 2 watch and the boys in black to put the aussies flat on there back!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGO KIWIS

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Lots of Kiwis in here!! *Is Australian* :unsure I'm going with the heart and laying the Aussies @ -8.5 start for 2 units. The Aussies always seem to go fairly well in these midseason clashes, but it may be a close one so I'm not super confident. :beer

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Well played Australia,well played. The signs for the Kiwis were'nt that bad,but still no brains out there,Fa'Longo,Mannering,Soiola,Asotasi were outstanding as was Hunt,Kite,Petro and Lyons in defence ,were great for the Aussies. I knew Hunt would play well he always does against us,I don't know if he got MOM but i'm sure he did. But Australia are'nt as far in front of us as they used to be,we are actually in games now,so thats a good sign for the world cup next year and we still have a number of players in England and a tour at the end of the year so hopefully we can work on more options. But Australia are losing the depth they once had,as far as the talent pool go's,heres some intresting stuff for you guys,from 2001-2005 the Australian Clubs have signed 300 players from New Zealand in 2007 alone Australian Clubs signed 150 from last years Bartercard Competition here in NZ,which means that even though we may not have the advantage on the field yet,sooner or later we soon will,the only hope for Australia is if our players choose to play for Aussie,like Hunt.And if NZer's choose to play for Australia then Australia will still play well because like Hunt all Maori and European Kiwis love to play each other,Hunt rise's to the challenge against us because he is playing against his own kind,some of you might understand what i'm saying especially if you are a Kiwi. Austarlia are still the undisputed champs but they are no where near as potent as they once were,and it won't get any better for the Aussies,professionalisim has made the code stronger,it has also shortened the gap,we are not that far behind anymore,Bring on the world cup. But once again well played Australia.And well played CP mate.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) My thoughts on the state of the Kiwi team, for what it's worth, is that they struggled tonight because Marshall and Sonny Bill were crap. Marshall's options were incredibly poor and considering the talent that both he and Sonny Bill have, I thought both were incredibly below par. For New Zealand to win I feel that these two have to play to the best of their abilities, as Australia have more quality players across the park. The Kiwis asked a lot of Krisnan Inu and Ben Roberts. Fullback and Halfback are two very important positions on the field and between them these two have played like 6 first grade games. Roberts was disappointing but Inu I thought held himself very very well. If he can get gametime at Parra and continue his development, then that'll be a positive the Kiwis can take with them. Eastwood is a talent and as a Broncs fan I think he'll develop into something special. If these fringe youngsters like Inu etc. can become regular first graders, then the Kiwis, who do have a great forward pack can do quite well at the World Cup, but their big guns simply have to fire, and tonight they didn't. As for Hunt, he did get MOTM, so I owe my friend! Nice odds of 18s on Centrebet made him a little more enjoyable. To the Kiwis here, hopefully you guys go better in the cricket tonight, where I'll be taking Shane Bond to do well in various bets.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Go Bondy. "For what it's worth"CP bro,have some respect for yourself,all thoughts on here are worth plenty.I respect you bro and i'm sure the others do to,never under value yourself mate,I know you did'nt mean it like that,but never leave yourself open to letting others even comtemplate it. What can I say bro,i'm a true blue NZ maori,us Kiwis don't ever back down,sometimes it's to our detrement,but never go down without a fight.

Cheers Jumbo. Always nice to have your support around here Bro. To everyone else who had winners tonight' date=' the Australia 13+, Mr Flamboyant's double etc., well played :clap Hopefully the start of a good weekend for us all.[/quote'] :cheers

I would have to disagree with that back theory. Tate's form hasn't been that flash this year neither has lyon's' date='lockyer's or king's. Infact i would have to say that the only 2 people in form are thurston and hodges. Now Mannering and soliola are a very underated centre pairing IMO and both Vatuvei and webster are scoring machines. Also it is true that we have lost big names from last years tri-nations but we have also gained a little player by the name of Benji Marshall and another little crawler that goes by the name Sonny Bill Brilliance, both did not play in last years losing tri-nations teams. So i think this more than cancels out the jones/kidwell factor. This is just my opinion mate so for your sake i hope i'm wrong :) . Let me no if you disagree with my points. gl[/quote'] You were right about some of the backs not exactly being in the best form but they had the class edge and this is what came out in the game. :ok Well done to the Aussies and for making me some money :D

You were right about some of the backs not exactly being in the best form but they had the class edge and this is what came out in the game. :ok Well done to the Aussies and for making me some money :D
Nice pick black, a man can admit when he's wrong and boy was i wrong tonight. Although i thought if the kiwis had of capatilised on a few key moments it could of been a different story in the handicap +8.5. I heard in the tab over the tv that some guy put 100 grand on australia to win by 19+ boy must he be cheering with that last minute try, so well done to him! I like tomorrow both the storm and the sharks - in the handicap betting.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Dingotech,your lucky all us Kiwis are here to help you Aussies make some money. Storm vs Panthers:I can see this match being alot closer than some might think,The Storm are still not playing to the standard we all expect and if there is one team other than Manly who match up very well with the Storm it's the Panthers,Smith will be a bit jaded after last night and he is very important to the Storm in Attack and defence.Another reason to like the Panthers a bit is also because the Test may be finished but certain players still have State of Origin selection comming up,Gower and Rooney need to play well and with Gorden and Wesser on the flanks they should go close,just my opinion. Sharks vs Raiders:This match could get ugly,The Sharks used to have a fantastic record in night time matches at Shark Park and against the Dragons here two weeks ago they showed glimpses of that once again,The Sharks are good in defence and make more meters than most other sides in attack(unbelievable but true)The Raiders have no Costigan and have two new boys playing tonight,they also played on Monday night which to date has meant doom and gloom for teams doing so,I like the Sharks to win big here,Sharks by 20. Good Luck to all with your selections.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) I should also mention that from next week the TAB in NZ will be opening markets on the Bartercard Cup from here in NZ,I'm not to sure if the Aussie boys can bet on it but I will be opening up a thread on it next weekend,I have serious connections within the Barter Card cup in NZ and know all the teams and also get inside knowledge of which teams have Warriors in their sides and good players,so stay tuned,I've made a killing off the BarterCard over the last 3 seasons,so stay tuned Kiwis and hopefully Aussies can take advantage of it to.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 6 (April 21st - 23rd) Will probably run with these but not fully decided. I agree with Jumbo, Storm game will be pretty close. This game last year went to golden point and the year prior Penrith won. Storm are still the best in the comp though, so I expect them to win. Storm at HT by 1-6 and Storm at FT by 1-12 will most likely be my plays here. As for the Sharks game, I fancy a high scoring game orignally, but on second thoughts I'd be relying so much on the Sharks to score them. Sharks team score 31-40 @ 4.00 looks juicy as the line keeps getting bigger and feel that this avenue will get a bit more value.

I should also mention that from next week the TAB in NZ will be opening markets on the Bartercard Cup from here in NZ' date='I'm not to sure if the Aussie boys can bet on it but I will be opening up a thread on it next weekend,I have serious connections within the Barter Card cup in NZ and know all the teams and also get inside knowledge of which teams have Warriors in their sides and good players,so stay tuned,I've made a killing off the BarterCard over the last 3 seasons,so stay tuned Kiwis and hopefully Aussies can take advantage of it to.[/quote'] I think a few UK books I'm with offer Bartercard markets, I'll have to have a look. Definitely looking forward to your picks mate :ok

I think a few UK books I'm with offer Bartercard markets' date=' I'll have to have a look. Definitely looking forward to your picks mate :ok[/quote'] Thats great news mate,I was wondering if you Aussie boys could take advantage of it,Nice one.:ok

Heart = Kiwi's win by 20 points Head = Aussie's -8.5 but we smash there forwards and lose to their backs
:sad looks like the head bet won....had 2 units on it and i'll take it, but it is one of the few times you'll see a bet win and this icon used :cry we will get them next time.

I should also mention that from next week the TAB in NZ will be opening markets on the Bartercard Cup from here in NZ' date='I'm not to sure if the Aussie boys can bet on it but I will be opening up a thread on it next weekend,I have serious connections within the Barter Card cup in NZ and know all the teams and also get inside knowledge of which teams have Warriors in their sides and good players,so stay tuned,I've made a killing off the BarterCard over the last 3 seasons,so stay tuned Kiwis and hopefully Aussies can take advantage of it to.[/quote'] Wow that would be awesome if you would share that info with us Jumbo, that kind of info is gold to us punters as you know, we all really appreciate the offer and it will be well received. Cheers mate :ok

Wow that would be awesome if you would share that info with us Jumbo' date=' that kind of info is gold to us punters as you know, we all really appreciate the offer and it will be well received. Cheers mate :ok[/quote'] Sweet as bro,i'm glad to hear theres a bit of intrest,so roll on next week.:ok