AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15)

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15) Is the Saints - Dogs Total under 192 @ 2.95 Lasseters worth a look? Surely Saints won't want this a free flowing afair. Someone more expert on totals might be able to offer an opinion, please.

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15) I looked, and looked, and looked and....well, you get the idea!!...Was surprised the under was so high... ...decided against it. Saints scored freely enough v. Melbourne...Dogs are certainly no defensive giants. The last few meetings have been high scoring...and it's a confusing one to me... ...is the value coming from the 'new', more defensive Saints...and is the total still too low, influenced by the Brisbane plodding machine last week!?! Dunno! You'd have to say the value is on the side of the under...not sure it's a winner tho... (Besides, I'll be crabby enough if the Doggies lose, without having to worry about my $ flow aswell! lol) I hope that helps...even tho I know it won't! :D (Sorry...didn't mean to jump in as the 'expert' either...just some thoughts I've been wrestling with myself.)

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15)

Is the Saints - Dogs Total under 192 @ 2.95 Lasseters worth a look? Surely Saints won't want this a free flowing afair. Someone more expert on totals might be able to offer an opinion, please.
Should be a shootout at the Dome ... if anything I'd take the over ... but afl totals are a mystery to me ...

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15) Hi all, close round thus far, I think everyone had it picked by keeping most of the money away from today's games, I am listening to the coverage of the Eagles game on the radio and they said that a punter had 50k on the Eagles at 1/4 time at $1.40, anyone on here want to own up to it????? The other bet that I am going to take today is the triple margin for the Brisbane game tomorrow, I am staking 4 points on under 15.5 points for either team. Sydney are the masters of slowing the game down and winning the stoppages and with Hall injured I can not see them running the ball up the middle to many times tomorrow. On the other side of the coin Brisbane have showed glimpses of a new game plan that seems to play to their forward strengths, they have looked to choke the opposition's forwards and to slow the scoring down. This could be a real struggle and the $3.30 looks good to me.

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15) One for tomorrow, the Sunday High-Low Double. Geelong (High) - Sydney (Low) @ 16 TAB. Geelong scored handsomely last week and the Dees looked poor against Hawthorn. For Sydney low, because this game is generally low scoring and I feel a defensive Brisbane can come around with a small win tomorrow (something like 75 to 60 etc.)

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15) In the spirit of long shots.... I have placed the following for todays games: 6/10 on Hawthorn win (1.65)/ Geelong Over 15.5 (1.72)/ Syd-Bris Either under 15.5 (3.30) @ 9.37 (Sportingbet Aus).....:hope :hope :hope Lets hope tonight you all see me post more of :nana :nana :nana and less of :wall :wall :wall .....Gl all and stay :dude

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15) Brisbane +15.5 I think Brisbane can pinch this one... ...I know they have had relatively soft games to go 2-0, but Sydney were very disappointing last week v. a terrible Richmond. Brisbane playing a very defensive, possession style game, allowed just 44 and 50 points (14 and 15 shots), so there's no reason to think Sydney can do any real damage on the score baord, given they've had just 23 shots both weeks...Richmond have given up 40 and 30 shots in their other 2 games, both to below av. teams. Sydney have given up 10 goals in 8 of their last 10...the 2 games they didn't were v. Brisbane and Carlton as 1.05 favs!! (Brisbane with about half their team out late last year)... ...10 goals should be enough to get the Lions a cover here, if not the win. Geelong -20.5 Not much that hasn't already been said. Melbourne are rubbish!! Geelong forward line should have an absolute field day, and I just don't see where the Dee's goals will come from to keep up. Will be looking prety closely at an 'over' in the Hawks/Roos game later on too. All the talk was about how do the Kangas score with Thompson out, but 29 shots in their first two games... ...Small, quick forward line could be a tough match-up for Hawthorn. Jacobs, Croad were much more suited to the lumbering Dee's last week...Bateman out. On the flip side they have allowed 82 to Colingwood and 37 shots last week to Port...who are admittedly a very free-flowing, open team..but Hawthorn showed last week they can score. Hoping for a low 180's?...Will know more in a few hours!

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15) Score Predictor Sydney 94 Brisbane 71 Melbourne 78 Geelong 90 Kangaroos 84 Hawthorn 91 It's been a difficult round so far but today looks a little more clear cut. The Brisbane bubble will burst today. Playing the style they have so far plays right into Sydney's hands and at home a comfortable win for the Swans. The Demons are injury-ravaged and although they will be competitive I expect Geelong to hold on. The Kangaroos have a great record at the Dome against the Hawks. The injury toll is on the rise at Waverley with Trent Croad expected to miss.The small Kangaroos forward line will cause Hawthorn problems because the Hawks have no leg speed in the team at all for this game. Suggested Bet Sydney -20.5

Re: AFL Football - Round 3 (April 13 - 15)

Predicted Scores Collingwood 95 Richmond 91 :D 115-90 Carlton 85 Essendon 102 :\ 125-122 Port Adelaide 90 Adelaide 89:\ 63-87 St.Kilda 83 Western Bulldogs 100 :$ 116-66 Fremantle 85 West Coast 88 :D 70-101

Suggested Bet

ESSENDON/WESTERN BULLDOGS Double. :wall

Got sucked in by the Bombers. I know better now. Crows are still top shelf and a definite threat to the Eagles. The Bulldogs have been exposed and September is becoming more and more distant.
Score Predictor Sydney 94 Brisbane 71 :nana 96-69 (That was close) Melbourne 78 Geelong 90 :D 57-109 Kangaroos 84 Hawthorn 91:nana 70-91 Suggested Bet Sydney -20.5 :cheers
Had to sweat on the Swans until the very end, but missed my double.
In the spirit of long shots.... I have placed the following for todays games 6/10 on Hawthorn win (1.65)/ Geelong Over 15.5 (1.72)/ Syd-Bris Either under 15.5 (3.30) @ 9.37 (Sportingbet Aus).....:hope :hope :hope
Hard luck MaKDaddY. The Swans match looked good until the last 5 minutes. Keep up the good work. I hope you took them individually as well. This weekend could have been a car wreck, but a small profit is better than a kick in the nuts.