Football - Trading the draw

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Football - Trading the draw

Good stuff. Money looks safe in the Fulham/City game. 0-3 now. Think I'll join you in small lay of the draw in the Saints/Sunderland game. All the best.
Sorry, Forgot to say fingers crossed for the saints game. Do you usually trade the draw?

Sorry, Forgot to say fingers crossed for the saints game. Do you usually trade the draw?
Cheers. I don't trade it that much, just certain games every now and then. Whenever I've tried to do it regularly I seem to have an uncanny knack of picking draws. It's quite a fun bet to do though for play stakes - at least for me anyway.

Cheers. I don't trade it that much' date=' just certain games every now and then. Whenever I've tried to do it regularly I seem to have an uncanny knack of picking draws. It's quite a fun bet to do though for play stakes - at least for me anyway.[/quote'] In that case, I hope you haven't jinxed me!! HT 0-0 @ Southampton v Sunderland. I have no idea how this is still 0-0, both teams missed some very easy chances. However, it has been a very open goal and :hope a goal will be scored in the 2nd half. If there is no goal by 80 minutes I will close out at a loss.

Re: Football - Trading the draw Yep..... it is still 0-0, fingers crossed for a winning goal thats all I can say. In 20 minutes time I would have been closing out, at the very worst betfair better be back by then, otherwise if its a goal my 51.78 profit will be down to 1.78 :@ .

Re: Football - Trading the draw Well, thanks to you Run DMC, I managed to deposit at Betdaq and trade off just before the equaliser. I made a mess of the amount though so I will lose 1 unit or so if it stays a draw, but that is much better than 50. I bet 14 @ 4.5 to return 49 (I assume commission is taken off that). Lessons to be learnt. 1) Always have an alternative 2) Find a calculator or work out how to guarantee a profit if this situation happens again. I will post a screenshot of the bet at Betdaq on this forum as well as the moderators forum to prove that I placed that bet.

Re: Football - Trading the draw Hi! I've just been reading through this thread now with great interest. I was unaware someone else had tried this method before now on these forums but well done on your progress so far. It's a method I have discussed with a colleague in work before but never tried it now so good to see how it works, and the use of the 0-0 saver (i take i that's what you do) is pretty clever. I shall follow your thread with great interest and the best of luck to you!!! If i get involved I'll keep you posted as well.

No probs mate' date=' glad you managed to protect your system's profits. Looks like I might have got out of jail too. 1-2.[/quote'] Just put the kids to bed after being pleased to protect myself with the betdaq bet. I am only betting a pound a point, but it would be a shame to be back at square one. Final result 1-2, which worked out in my favour as I didn't bet enough at betdaq to make a profit on the draw. I will update the P/L later. Glad you won and you didn't jinx me more importantly, lol! Betfair is still down, which is a shame as I wanted to trade on Viking v Rosenborg 1860 v Karlsruhe.

Hi! I've just been reading through this thread now with great interest. I was unaware someone else had tried this method before now on these forums but well done on your progress so far. It's a method I have discussed with a colleague in work before but never tried it now so good to see how it works, and the use of the 0-0 saver (i take i that's what you do) is pretty clever. I shall follow your thread with great interest and the best of luck to you!!! If i get involved I'll keep you posted as well.
Thanks AnfieldAssassin :ok This is an old method and can work out to be very profitable, however as you have probably seen you can become unstuck with 0-0 or the 'underdog' scoring first. You should give it a go with a small starting bank to see how you get on, if you do ok then you can have some confidence for next season.

Thanks AnfieldAssassin :ok This is an old method and can work out to be very profitable, however as you have probably seen you can become unstuck with 0-0 or the 'underdog' scoring first. You should give it a go with a small starting bank to see how you get on, if you do ok then you can have some confidence for next season.
I currently dabble with more riskier methods of trading 'in play' depending on the scenario of games ie. today Wigan had a player sent off when 1-0 up so backed the draw and Villa win looking for the equaliser and once it came backed Wigan for big odds for risk free profit (although bit misleading as there's massive risk before!!!! lol) The idea's not new to me though, of laying/backing and getting a return in the spread, as I work in a stockbrokers so have been watching markets for years! I'd like to go for a sensible approach and this appeals to me, steady income over time taking out a good chick of volatility to your returns. Best of luck, I'm sure it will be a winner!!!! :clap I shall watch and learn! :)

Re: Football - Trading the draw Trade 12 Juventus v Napoli KO 1630 hrs Again, no cover bet on this. Juventus.....+20.41 Napoli.........+20.41 Draw..........-50.00 I may trade the other two Italian games at 1700hrs, however I will use cover bets on those if I do.

Re: Football - Trading the draw Juventus score on 18 mins...... I was a bit quick on backing the draw as I didn't think my bet would be taken at 6.0 straight after the goal... I could have waited 2 minutes and got 7.0 :wall I would also have preferred to have traded out to win more on Juve. Anyway, I have traded out as follows: Juventus.....+8.41 Napoli.........+8.41 Draw..........+10.00 I have decided not to bet on the 2 italian games......I have 6 tonnes of soil to move :(

Re: Football - Trading the draw No cover bets on 0-0 for trades 13 and 14. Man U and Chelsea both need to score, therefore I expect an open game and some goals. Trade 13 Lay draw 20 @ 3.5 Man U.....+20.00 Roma......+20.00 Draw......-50.00 Trade 14 Valencia.....+22.73 Chelsea......+22.73 Draw..........-50.01 If there are no goals on 80 minutes I will trade out at a loss.

Re: Football - Trading the draw Trade 13 - UPDATE Well, Man U scored on 13 minutes and I backed the draw at 5.2.... Shame as they scored again on 18 and 20!! but that isn't what this system is about. Anyway, the state of play is: Man U.....+6.70 Roma......+6.70 Draw......+5.86 I don't see much point in laying roma or the draw for the pennies difference it will make. I couldnt get any more bets in due to it being suspended..! Cmon chelsea :)

Re: Football - Trading the draw Well, I was right to think there were going to be some goals! Fantastic stuff. Results Trade 13 Man U v Roma: 7-1 :eek +6.70 units Trade 14 Valencia v Chelsea: 1-2 +3.33 units -------------------- Total Trades: 14 Winning Trades: 13 Losing Trades: 1 P/L: +76.63 Bank: 176.63