** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Football - Trading the draw

Re: Football - Trading the draw

Aldric, could you also post the opening 1X2 odds for the games ? Will make it easier to follow and provide a better overview if you want to look at a particular groups of games afterwards, like games with hot favs vs equally priced teams.
Sure, No problem :ok (I will post 1X2 on my next trade)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade 35 Tottenham v Arsenal Ko. 1245hrs No cover bet. Lay draw @ 3.40 No cover bet. Tottenham..+25.00 Arsenal.......+25.00 Draw..........-60.00
Tottenham score on 30 minutes... I missed the draw spike which sometimes happens and the odds are currently 3.55 to trade out' date=' so I am going to have to leave it for now. Hopefully will trade off just after half time or if tottenham score another :lol[/quote'] Arsenal Hit the post and put the rebound over the bar they have a good chance of coming back in to this so I have traded as follows: Tottenham..+3.40 Arsenal.......-13.80 Draw..........+3.36 My plan is to back arsenal at higher odds and achieve a profit for all 3 results.

Re: Football - Trading the draw How often does this happen, my bet was placed and got to 2 and then the market is suspended.... Seems to happen to me a lot. Anyway, Arsenal score and my liability is still the same on them (-13.80). Tottenham 1-1 Arsenal

How often does this happen, my bet was placed and got to 2 and then the market is suspended.... Seems to happen to me a lot. Anyway, Arsenal score and my liability is still the same on them (-13.80). Tottenham 1-1 Arsenal
Arghhhhh :wall :wall :wall Just show the importance of having a clear strategy and then sticking to it. Been in this situation often myself, knowing i should trade a certain way but letting a situation ride hoping for things to improve. Only to see the situation change against me completely. Learning opportunity: did you make a mistake or did you get unlucky ?

Re: Football - Trading the draw The inevitable happened... 1-2 Arsenal.... Lesson to be learnt for me here. Assuming there isn't an equalising goal this is the 2nd time that I have lost money when I have put a lay on the team that conceded a goal. Both times have been with tottenham playing as well! So for me, I will now only trade out in order to profit on all 3 outcomes.

Arghhhhh :wall :wall :wall Just show the importance of having a clear strategy and then sticking to it. Been in this situation often myself, knowing i should trade a certain way but letting a situation ride hoping for things to improve. Only to see the situation change against me completely. Learning opportunity: did you make a mistake or did you get unlucky ?
The problem is I wasn't happy with the tiny profit, so I got greedy and tried to create some more. As per my post above I will now only trade to have a profit on all 3 outcomes, as comebacks do happen (even from 3 nil down!).

Trade 37 Leverkusen v Nurnberg Lay draw @ 3.45 Leverkusen....+24.49 Nurnberg.......+24.49 Draw............-60.00
Leverkusen score on 19 minutes.... For info they were favourites with odds of 2.10, Nurnberg were about 4.0. I have backed the draw @ 4.80 to achieve the following: Leverkusen....+7.49 Nurnberg.......+7.49 Draw............+4.60

Trade 36 Frankfurt v Bochum KO 1430hrs Lay draw @ 3.40 No cover bet. Frankfurt.....+25.00 Bochum.......+25.00 Draw...........-60.00
Bochum score on 32 minutes, they were the underdog (about 4.10 v 2.75 for Frankfurt) so the odds for the draw remain about the same. I will have to leave this to run for the moment.

Trade 38 West Ham v Everton KO. 1500hrs Odds: West Ham. 2.80 Everton......2.90 Draw..........3.35 Lay draw @ 3.35 No cover bet. West Ham...+25.53 Everton.....+25.53 Draw.........-60.00
West Ham score on 16 minutes, I have traded out by backing the draw at 4.2 as follows: West Ham..+5.53 Everton.....+5.53 Draw.........+4.00

Trade 36 Frankfurt v Bochum KO 1430hrs Lay draw @ 3.40 No cover bet. Frankfurt.....+25.00 Bochum.......+25.00 Draw...........-60.00
Bochum score on 32 minutes' date=' they were the underdog (about 4.10 v 2.75 for Frankfurt) so the odds for the draw remain about the same. I will have to leave this to run for the moment.[/quote'] It is still only 3.20 to back the draw, therefore I would be losing money if I traded out just now. It is one of those decisions again, to take a small loss or risk a further 15 - 20 minutes and see how it goes. I am going to take a risk on this occasion, hopefully it will pay off.

Re: Football - Trading the draw Bochum score again 0-2...... I have backed the draw @ 11.00 to trade out as follows: Frankfurt.....+19.00 Bochum.......+19.00 Draw...........+0.00 This will be my last trade today.... a good day in the end, will update the P/L at the conclusion of the West Ham game.

Re: Football - Trading the draw A good days trading, unfortunately work calls again or there would have been more trades for tonight..... There is always tomorrow ;) I think it is fair to say I was a bit fortunate on the Tottenham game and Bochum scoring a 2nd made my day. Todays results: Trade 35 Tottenham v Arsenal (2-2) +3.36 units Trade 36 Frankfurt v Bochum (0-3) + 19.00 units Trade 37 Leverkusen v Nurnberg (2-0) +7.49 units Trade 38 West Ham v Everton (1-0) + 5.53 units Profit 35.38 units. Overall results Total Trades: 38 Winning Trades: 32 Losing Trades: 6 P/L: +134.69 Bank: 234.69

Re: Football - Trading the draw Sorry for the late posting, im just in... 3 trades for the 1400 K.O's Trade 38 Kilmarnock v Celtic Odds: Kilmarnock.. 7.40 Celtic.........1.56 Draw..........4.30 Lay draw @ 4.30 No cover bet. Killie.......+18.19 Celtic.....+18.19 Draw......-60.03

Trade 38 Kilmarnock v Celtic Odds: Kilmarnock.. 7.40 Celtic.........1.56 Draw..........4.30 Lay draw @ 4.30 No cover bet. Killie.......+18.19 Celtic.....+18.19 Draw......-60.03
0-1 Celtic score on 26 minutes... I have traded out as follows: Backed draw @ 7.6 Killie.......+8.19 Celtic.....+8.19 Draw......+5.97

Re: Football - Trading the draw Painful afternoon of Italian football, I have taken a loss on both games and closed out even though there are 15 minutes of both games left. I have traded out as follows: Trade 40 Lazio v Fiorentina Lazio.........-24.72 Fiorentina...-24.72 Draw.........-17.12 Trade 41 Empoli v Torino Empoli.....-22.09 Torino.....-22.09 Draw.......-22.51

Trade 40 Lazio v Fiorentina Lazio.........-24.72 Fiorentina...-24.72 Draw.........-17.12
I have placed a few more trades on this and it is a sea of red... Lazio.........-83.72 Fiorentina...-19.72 Draw.........-26.82

Re: Football - Trading the draw Painful...... Trade 39 - Killie v Celtic (1-2):...... + 8.19 units Trade 40 - Lazio v Fiorentina (0-1).. - 17.12 units Trade 41 - Empoli v Torino (0-0)......- 22.51 units -31.44 units Total Trades: 41 Winning Trades: 33 Losing Trades: 8 P/L: +103.25 Bank: 203.25

Bad luck with the Italians mate, i didn't like the Empoli game so left that, managed to get out break even on Fiorentina, but i took a hit on Chelsea this afternoon. Pretty normal sunday so far :lol
Hopefully we can both turn it around :) More trades to come... EDIT My computer is on a go slow, I am planning to trade both german Division 1 games... which started at 1700hrs.

Re: Football - Trading the draw Trade 42 Hannover v Mgladbach Odds: Hannover........1.82 Mgladbach......4.10 Draw.............3.80 Lay draw @ 3.80 No cover bet. Hannoverr...+21.43 Mgladbach..+21.43 Draw..........-60.00 (There was a goal in the other german game, so no trade)

Re: Football - Trading the draw Trade 43 Aalesund v Fredrikstad KO 1700hrs Odds: Aalesund........2.28 Fredrikstad.....3.25 Draw.............3.85 Lay draw @ 3.85 No cover bet. Aalesund.....+21.06 Fredrikstad..+21.06 Draw..........-60.00

Re: Football - Trading the draw Trade 43 Auxerre v Lyon KO 1700hrs Odds: Auxerre...3.65 Lyon.......2.54 Draw...... 3.85 Lay draw @ 3.85 No cover bet. (unders are expected, however h2h these teams have not had a 0-0 game in their 10 games.) Auxerre.....+29.27 Lyon.........+29.27 Draw.........-60.00

Trade 42 Hannover v Mgladbach Odds: Hannover........1.82 Mgladbach......4.10 Draw.............3.80 Lay draw @ 3.80 No cover bet. Hannoverr...+21.43 Mgladbach..+21.43 Draw..........-60.00 (There was a goal in the other german game, so no trade)
1-0 Hanover score on 30(ish) minutes... I have traded out by backing the draw at 6.2: Hannover....+9.03 Mgladbach..+9.03 Draw..........+4.48